The Story of our Life (A Coll...

By babyfacesweetheart

A collection of one shot. This is strictly Ziall and Ziall only. Request are now open. Feel Free to message m... More

The Story of our Life (A Collection of Ziall One Shots)
Get out of my Jurisdiction (but never in my heart)

You are under arrest (For a lifetime imprisonment in my heart)

861 38 2
By babyfacesweetheart

Author's note: So it took me so long to write this... XD I suffered a huge writer's block so anyway I'm trying to update everything and I have new stories to come up. Of course, after I finish up my three on going stories. :)

So here it is! :D 

This is dedicated to her because she showed how much she loved the first part of this one shot. So anyway, enjoy!

Love lots,

Babyfacesweetheart xxx

==============================================

Summary: Three years and they stayed strong despite the long distance relationship. Zayn is 30 and Niall’s 26. Life is short as Zayn always says to himself so when Niall took the 2 week vacation to New York he was dead on making it a life time.

+++++

“So, how‘s Washington?” Zayn asked Niall through the phone one Thursday evening. Zayn was cooking a meal for him to eat for dinner and it was natural routine for him to call Niall every Thursday because apparently it’s the only time Niall is free for the whole night.

“Brutal, I mean you were right being tough. We just lost a kid through the 911 call. His name is Johnny, he was only seventeen Zee.” Niall moaned out. Zayn sighed and put the pasta he cooked into a plate while balancing the phone on his shoulder and chin.

“But you saved a dozen girl’s life too this day. Niall don’t beat yourself, remember be tough.” Zayn reminded him. He put the sizzling pan on the sink and carries his plate towards his dinner table. He sat and started eating.

“Are you eating?” Niall suddenly asked while Zayn swallow the first mouthful of pasta he devoured.

“Yeah, wait have you eaten yet?” Zayn asked back. He heard Niall sigh and some papers shuffling.

“Honestly, I’m still in the office, trying to set up the department’s agenda’s for the following two weeks.” Niall muttered with a hint in his voice that he was up for something. Zayn’s eyebrows scrunched up and met together in the middle of his forehead with curiosity.

“What do you mean about that?” Zayn asked carefully and Niall’s squeal was heard on the other line making Zayn chuckle. Sometimes he could not believe that this sweet and adorable 26 year old is a chief of police of one of the biggest police department in America. Niall remained silent for a while, until Zayn heard him sigh.

“Zayn, I miss you.” Niall suddenly blurted out and Zayn smiled.

“I miss you more.” Zayn mumbled and played with his pasta around the plate. Niall chuckled on the other line.

“Remember the last time we Skyped. We talked about you know me taking a vacation once in a while there at New York and you said you waited for 11:11 to come and wish for it.” Niall said fondly making Zayn laugh.

“Yeah, I remember that and you teased me because a 30 year old man should have stopped believing in things like that. You know blame Liam, he had this tradition since he was a kid and he just blurted out to me one time.” Zayn ranted making the blonde on the other line giggle.

“Anyway, about your wish, I think Simon Cowell heard you.”

Zayn nearly hit his head on the floor last night because of dancing in joy.

++++

“So, when will Niall come here?” Liam asked as he watches Zayn frantically does his agenda’s for two weeks where Niall will come to New York.

“Sunday afternoon” Zayn mumbled and continue on working on his papers furiously.

“And he is going to leave after that?” Liam asked. Zayn didn’t answer and continue on typing furiously on his computer. Liam smiled and shook his head. He pulled out a small red box out of his pocket and gently put it down on the edge of Zayn’s seat.

“Here, a gift from the whole department.” Liam muttered and that finally got Zayn’s attention. He looked at the box for a moment and his eyes widened when the realization hit him.

“Is that…” Zayn trailed off his work forgotten as he slowly reached for the velvet box on the edge of his table. Liam nodded.

“We are not dumb Zayn; it’s been three years already and everybody know it’s time.” Liam said. Zayn smiled and looked up.

“Thank you Liam.” Zayn whispered as he opened the box and gasped what the inside is.

“Like it? Josh is a very good picker at those things and I have the hunch the boy is somewhat sailing the same boat as you.” Liam ranted on making Zayn laugh.

“I don’t like it Liam, I love it.”

++++

“Zayn” Niall squealed as he ran towards Zayn, the older of the two immediately opened his arms as the blonde crashed into it. Zayn lifted Niall up and twirl him around.

“God, I missed you so much baby.” Zayn whispered as Zayn cradle Niall’s head softly. The blonde smile and brought their lips together.

“I missed you too.” Niall replied making Zayn smile and brought their lips together in a slower and longer languid kiss. They kissed each other for a moment before someone cleared their throat making the two pull away. They both look to their right and Zayn’s eyes widened as he saw two familiar grinning idiots standing there with all idiotic glory.

“Well, where’s our hug?” Louis mused as Harry chuckled beside him. Zayn laughed as he walked towards the two and envelope the both of them into a single hug.

“Did you come with them?” Zayn asked when he pulled away from the couple. Niall nodded.

“They just popped out of nowhere in my office one day saying and I quote ‘You my friend will be accompanied by the most tantalizing and gorgeous couple of the whole world back to New York’” Niall said, Zayn raised an eyebrow at the two boys. Harry’s eyes widen.

“He was the one who planned this all, I’m just the lost trailing kitten.” Harry rushed out then Louis looked at him with mocked expression.

“Harold you just walk yourself in no sex for a month punishment eh?” Louis said making Harry gasped. The other couple laughed as the two bicker at each other.

“Guys, guys come on! Niall is tired and we want to sleep the whole day. Stop that and if you two are going to do something else then were out.” Zayn declared picking up Niall’s luggage. The blonde waved cutely at the two other lad making Zayn’s heart explode with emotion. When they reached their car, Zayn threw Niall’s suitcase at the trunk of his car and pushed the blonde on the cars side then kissed him with so much passion that Niall’s breath was taken away from him.

“What was that for?” Niall whispered and giggled while Zayn peppers Niall’s cheeks with small pecks. Zayn smiled and hugged the blonde closer.

“I just missed you so much.” Zayn mumbled his arms tightening around the blonde’s waist. Niall’s arms wrapped itself around Zayn’s neck and pull the older lad closer.

“I missed you. Now let’s get out of here. I’m hungry.” Niall stated making Zayn laugh.

“You are always hungry babe.”

++++

“Honestly, do you eat this much back at Washington?” Zayn asked as he watched Niall on his lap devour a slice of pizza religiously. Niall swallowed and reached for another slice.

“Nah, I was reduced to take out since I got there because the closest from my apartment and office is a takeout business stall. The pizza is a 30 minute drive; I’m lazy so I take takeouts.” Niall mumbled as he put the remnants of his second slice in his mouth. Zayn laughed and kissed the blonde’s lips even though he just swallowed a pizza.

“Zee, don’t kiss me while I’m eating. “ Niall whined. Zayn chuckled and shook his head returning his attention to the movie they put on the TV for the sake of it.

After a few more bickering about who will get the last piece of pizza (in the end Niall won, because Zayn was just a sap) and the movie that was long forgotten finished. Zayn and Niall found themselves cuddling on Zayn’s bed. Niall was wearing one of Zayn’s shirt and a tight black boxer, while Zayn was wearing his own sweat and leave his upper torso bare. Niall’s head was tucked on the crook of Zayn’s neck while Zayn’s hand runs it through his soft blonde locks.

“I missed this.” Niall mumbled making Zayn smiled and kissed the blonde’s head with affection.

“I missed this too.” Zayn replied making the blonde smile. He left an affectionate kiss on Zayn’s collarbone before closing his eyes. Zayn on the other hand was staring at the distance; the thought of the red velvet box hidden inside his drawer came inside his mind.

“Can I ask you a question baby?” Zayn broke the silence. Niall hummed in response urging Zayn to continue.

“What if you were given one wish by a fairy what would it be?” Zayn asked. Niall immediately sat up and looked at Zayn with curiosity.

“One wish” Niall repeated and Zayn nodded. His hand subconsciously went to caress Niall’s cheek.

“I… I wish that wherever you will go I want to be there. You know Zayn, back at Washington every night I wish you would come to the door and take me with you back here at New York.” Niall whispered letting a few stray tears fall. Zayn sat up and capture Niall’s lips with his own.

“I’m with you now. Stop crying okay?” Zayn mumbled but Niall shook his head.

“But I’m only staying here in two weeks, Zee, it’s not enough—“

“Shhh, don’t think about it much okay? For now, we will do everything you want to do okay?” Zayn muttered while Niall sniffed. They stayed like that for awhile, their foreheads joined together.

“Can we start now?” Niall said breaking the silence. Zayn nodded.

“What do you want to do now baby?” Zayn asked. Then Niall pulled away and a blush crept on his face.

“Make love to me Zee.”

+++++

“Jeez men, there you go again. You are glowing!” Liam exclaimed at Zayn when they met up the following morning. Zayn just threw a napkin at him then took a sip from his coffee. He left Niall at the penthouse leaving him a note that says he needs to meet up with Liam because of something. Zayn smiled as Niall’s sleeping face is still fresh in his mind.

“Damn it, Zayn! I’m talking to you.” Liam said grumpily snapping Zayn out of his thoughts.

“What are we talking about again?” Zayn said sheepishly while Liam rolled his eyes.

“Proposal, you know the operation: making Niall stay forever?” Liam humored Zayn and suddenly Zayn’s demeanor changed. His eyes became serious and he looked at Liam the same way he looked at the criminals he exclusively interrogates.

“What should I do then?” Zayn said. Liam grunted and slapped the back of his head.

“Ow! What was that for?” Zayn exclaimed. Liam rolled his eyes and crossed his arms.

“What you should do? Make Niall yours forever okay?” Liam said. Zayn whined like a child.

“How will I do it?” Zayn asked. They stayed silent for awhile until Liam watched one police car zoom its way in New York. Liam smiled.

“I have an Idea.”

++++

Niall opened up his luggage and pulled out a book he was dying to put his hands on. It was a book his step sister wrote who is currently in Ireland today. He smiled as he touches the freshly printed cover of the book. It was him, (“Please pose for my novel Ni.” Janelle pleaded while Niall looked at her with that eye that he uses when he see something suspicious) but his back is turned and his blonde hair was sticking out from the black long coat he was wearing. Niall doesn’t want to buy it but he wanted to see the story and maybe give it as a gift for Zayn.

He quickly opened the book and read.

Meanwhile, Zayn opened the door quietly because maybe Niall was asleep and he doesn’t want to disturb his baby. But the scene on the middle of the open space beside his living room filled his heart with so much love that he didn’t even want to destroy the scene.

Niall was there seated on the middle of the open space in front of the big window the penthouse have with a book in his lap. He was wearing one of Zayn’s shirts and his luggage was carelessly put aside. He was too engrossed at the book that he didn’t even pull the sleeves up to reveal his creamy white skin. But the thing is Niall was beautiful, the light was perfect that it only reflects him.

He stood for awhile until he accidentally stepped on his door mat that makes this crunching noise that he hated (he mentally noted to himself to replace the mat). Niall looked up and smiled at Zayn, the book long forgotten as he catapulted himself to the older lad.

“Zee, I missed you.” Niall mumbled against Zayn’s neck making him suppress a shiver.

“What are you reading?” Zayn asked. Niall smiled and entwined his hands with Zayn then drag the older lad to where he was seating before.

“It’s the book I told you about that my step sister was writing.” Niall mumbled as he marked the book and closed it, giving it to Zayn.

“Oh right… wait is this you?” Zayn said making Niall giggle. He looked at the fascinating picture of his baby with his back turn and Zayn swore he was copying his own trademark look.

“Are you trying to look like me in this baby?” Zayn asked snaking his arms around the thin waist of the younger lad pulling Niall closer and kissing his cheeks soundly. The blonde giggled and kissed Zayn’s cheeks back with much enthusiasm.

“Yep, I was thinking about you that time.” Niall muttered making Zayn smile and finally kiss him on the lips. He opened the book and started to read the first paragraph in the prologue.

“Does the main man in the story looks like you?” Zayn asked while his eyes read over the words of the book. Niall smiled and chuckled.

“Yep but the only difference is the man has green eyes. Janelle told me it was a mixture of our older brother Matt and me.” Niall said. Zayn smiled and closed the book as he looked at the blonde.

“How’s Matt? Any news about him since his name had been brought up in London news about being missing after the chaos at York?” Zayn asked quietly. Niall sighed and buried his head on the crook of Zayn’s neck.

“None, Janelle keeps on making contact and mom too. That’s the other reason why I wanted to come here in New York. You know Washington is too much for me Zee.” Niall said. Zayn just gulped and nodded.

“Matt is alive Ni. I know your brother is as strong as his father.” Zayn said. It was true, when they reached their first year anniversary. Niall decided to take Zayn to Ireland to meet his family and then he knew about the divorce his mom went through. His real dad is currently somewhere in Paris while his mom married his now step father who have his own two siblings. Older than Niall and they grew a strong bond Niall didn’t have the chance to experience with his brother who is with his dad.

“Yeah, you said we will have dinner tonight yeah?” Niall asked. Zayn’s breath hitched when he remembered his meeting with Liam moments ago. He quickly covered it with a small cough and a chuckle.

“I’m not in the mood to dine outside, why not let’s just stay in? We missed a lot of things and you need to make up for it.” Zayn whispered huskily at Niall’s ear. The blonde whimpering cutely while he straddled the older lad’s waist.

“I know, my birthday, your birthday, our anniversary, thanksgiving and etc.” Niall said while Zayn trail kisses on the column of his neck. Zayn smirked and lifted the blonde in his arms. The said blonde squealed in delight as Zayn carry him upstairs like a fireman.

“Well then, let’s start now.”

+++++

“Why do I need to go with you? I need my sleep Louis.” Niall grumbled it was his second week and he was contented on lying on the bed when the loud brunette entered Zayn’s penthouse. Alerting him that they need to go somewhere and making him known that Zayn left to work. It was freaking Monday and usually Niall was up from 5:30 in the morning to 12 midnight in this day of the week.

“Oh shut up you blonde snowflake. You have your enough rations of Zayn’s sexy body and sleep. You need to enjoy New York. Don’t tell me you didn’t miss the chaos?” Louis rambled as they made their way through the center of New York City. In the morning it was full of people everywhere and Niall loved walking here once when he came here to New York the last time.

“I missed it Louis but really, I need my sleep beside its freaking nine o’clock in the morning.” Niall grumbled. Louis rolled his eyes even though Niall won’t see it because he was wearing the glasses that Harry let him wear for today.

“Nine o’clock is pretty much the time normal people need to wake up. Besides this will be your special day…” Louis trailed not wanting to ruin his best friend’s plan. Niall looked at him and shrugged it off considering the last part a joke because if Louis Tomlinson starts the day it isn’t special, it’s crazy.

“Oh sorry to disappoint you mister, I’m not a normal person so if I were you turn this car around and bring me back to the penthouse.” Niall barked as Louis ignored him and blared up the music. Hairspray’s Good morning Baltimore was cranked up that made Louis sing with it.

“Shut up you dolt and listen to hairspray will you?” Liam grumbled shutting the blonde off as they zoomed their way into New York.

++++

“You really woke me up this early because you want me to help you find a certain book?” Niall huffed while Louis hummed in approval while searching through the bookshelf.

“Yep” Louis answered and continues on nosing on one of the bookshelves. Niall pulled out his phone and started dialing up a number.

“Who are you calling?” Louis asked immediately while Niall rolled his eyes.

“Someone who could rescue me from my misery” Niall replied as he select the call button. Louis’ eyes widened momentarily and he immediately grabbed the phone from Niall’s grip.

“Hey! Give that back you bloody Don Caster boy!” Niall huffed while he failed to reach after his phone. Louis just shook his head and opened the back of his phone then pulled the battery out making Niall’s eyes widen.

“What are you doing?” Niall asked. Louis just shrugged and gives Niall his phone back while putting the battery away in his pocket.

“No phones, No calling Zayn and no complaining.” Louis said sternly. Niall was about to protest when Louis butted at him.

“Here’s a deal, I’ll buy you that monster sundae they serve at the ice cream shop 4 blocks away from here and treat you in a shopping spree for snapbacks if you find me this book.” Louis said rapidly that made Niall stare at him for a while. After a minute or so, Niall sighed and nodded making the older lad cheer.

“Now we are talking, let’s go.”

++++++

“Liam do you think this is really a good idea?” Zayn asked while Liam busied himself on clipping some of the Christmas lights they decided to put as decorations. Liam looked at his as he rolled his eyes.

“Stop complaining Zayn, besides, I’m envious when I propose to Louis we were just having the best night of our lives.” Harry muttered while he gave the tape Liam needed. The two boys groaned as mental images of him and Louis doing it crossed their minds.

“Really man, after seeing you doing it at one of the suit fitting room, we don’t need to relieve that.” Liam grumbled. Liam became a part of the group since Zayn tries to bring him along with him since he was Zayn’s co-worker and a loyal friend in the station. The brown headed boy instantly was accepted immediately.

“Oh shut it you love us.” Harry grumbled as he walked away and lifted a chair up to be moved outside the room. When Harry was about to open the door, Josh Devine popped himself inside through the door making Harry jump. The two other man laughing at Harry’s expression.

“Jesus Christ Devine, try not to make me jump and help me with this fucking chair!” Harry exclaimed. Josh jumped and apologized then helped Harry unto the chairs.

“By the way boss, the car is ready.” Josh blurted out while trying to carry the two sitter sofa with Harry on the other side. Zayn smiled as he put a table cloth on top of a round table.

“Thanks Josh.” Zayn said thankfully while he put the candles one of his colleagues gave him last Christmas.

“I’m done.” Liam muttered as he stepped down off the small ladder Zayn have from his penthouse which he tried to pull out from it last morning since he doesn’t want to disturb the blonde. The two boys looked around and smiled at the outcome.

“Look at that.” Harry sighed when he entered the room with Josh.

“This is quite an effort boss. I’ve never seen you done it.” Josh muttered looking around the bright room. Zayn smiled.

“Well, this is the first and I will make it a point that I will do this just for him.”

+++++

“Why do I need to look fabulous?” Niall asked while Louis fusses over Niall’s suitcase.

“Do you even bring a shirt or something formal?” Louis asked totally disregarding the fact that Niall asked him something. The blonde just rolled his eyes and shook his head. Louis on the other hand groans and stomp over his backpack and miraculously produce a nice black shirt.

“Here wear this and this.” Louis commanded as he threw the black shirt and skinny jeans towards Niall who caught it immediately. Niall raised one eyebrow up questioning Louis but all he got was an eye roll and a push.

“Okay! Put your fucking knickers on. I will change my clothing. Jeez!” Niall exclaimed slamming the door shut. Louis immediately pulled out his phone and furiously text someone on it. When Niall came out, Louis immediately put his phone inside his pocket. Niall looked at him weirdly.

“Okay, so I changed my clothes. What now?” Niall asked. Louis smiled and beckoned him to come closer to him.

“Let me fix your hair.” Louis said gently as he ran a brush through the blonde’s soft locks. Niall smiled and looked towards the mirror.

“I’m nervous and I don’t know why? What is really going on Lou?” Niall asked while looking at Louis who was smiling at him.

“Let’s just say, Zayn have something on his sleeves today and it will surely rock your world.”

++++

“What the…” Niall trailed off as he stared at the letter Zayn gave him. He suddenly laughed as he looked back at Josh who was standing there at the sidewalk opening the door of the police car which was designed like a bridal car.

Josh smiled at him as Niall put his gaze down the card Zayn gave him reading the letter.

It started in you being an intern for me. Everything starts from the police station. Why not start something there too. I’m waiting their baby.

Love you,

Zee xxx

“Weird, I know.” Josh blurted out while Niall walked towards the police car. Niall smiled at him.

“Pretty much and I can’t wait to see what my boyfriend has in his sleeves.”

++++

“They are taking so long!” Zayn exclaimed while he paced in front of the police station. Liam and Harry rolled their eyes at the same time.

“Just be patient Zayn. It’s not like Josh will take away your Niall.” Liam commented and Zayn frowned at him. Harry immediately elbowed him making the lieutenant cringe in pain.

“Don’t mind him. He was just jerking around because it’s been three years since he got laid.” Harry summed up and now was the one cringing in pain when Liam planted a good hit on Harry’s lanky body. Zayn rolled his eyes at the two men now bickering at each other. Soon, they heard a familiar car honk and Zayn’s face lit up.

“There they are.” Liam said excitedly earning him a slap on the back from Harry. Zayn looked at pointedly to behave and he looked back just in time to see his beautiful baby walked out of the car.

“Hey.” Niall breathed out as he took Zayn’s outfit. Zayn smiled and hugged the blonde by the waist. Niall giggled and buried himself on the crook of Zayn’s neck.

“Hey baby. You look good tonight.” Zayn whispered making the blonde smile.

“Of course I am.” Niall muttered and left a soft kiss on Zayn’s neck. They both pulled away as Zayn offered his arm for Niall took hook his own.

“Hey guys” Zayn greeted towards the two men giving them knowing smiles. Then they walked passed them Niall looked at his boyfriend with confusion.

“What are we doing in the police station and me riding a fancied up police car?” Niall asked making Zayn chuckle.

“Ever heard of surprises babe?” Zayn asked. Niall looked at him fake offended and hit Zayn on his arm softly.

“Jerk “Niall threw. Zayn chuckled and stopped in front of the main entrance. He pulled the blonde closer until their foreheads touched each other. Zayn smirked and laid a soft kiss on the blonde’s mouth. Niall blushed and giggled.

“Come on, I want to show you something.” Zayn smiled and pulled away from Niall. Niall watched as Zayn walked towards the police station’s front door. He held the main entrance’s door knob. They entered and Zayn dragged Niall towards upstairs, straight in front of Niall’s old office.

“What are we doing in front of my old office?” Niall asked.

“Too much questions baby” Zayn mumbled but before Niall could speak Zayn opened the door and his jaw dropped. It wasn’t an office anymore; it was turned into a romantic dinner atmosphere. The room was filled with Christmas lights that brighten the room. Instead of a sitting room in the middle of it, a round table was set and food all ready to eat.

“Zayn… this is too much. Oh, God. What is this for?” Niall asked. Zayn hugged Niall from the back, his chest pressing against the younger lad’s back and his chin over the blonde’s shoulder.

“Just you being beautiful that’s it.” Zayn said in a matter-of-fact tone. Niall smiled and turned around in his arm. Zayn’s breathe hitched as he look at Niall, the way the blonde looked up at him with this cute blush on his cheeks and his heart was just filled with love that he can’t even stop the words tumbling out of his mouth.

“Will you marry me beautiful?”

+++++

“What in God’s name are you doing Niall?” Louis exclaimed making the blonde wince in front his laptop. It was a few days after the proposal, since it was Niall’s second to the last day. He made an effort to email Simon a resignation letter and a request.

“I’m trying to clear my things back at Washington.” Niall murmured. Louis rolled his eyes as he dragged another chair from the dining table and sat beside Niall.

“What, by resigning? Niall you know Zayn is going to flip out.” Louis said. Niall sighed and turned to Louis.

“I know, this is important for him and for me too but Louis I don’t want him to think about it. So I could stay longer with him.” Niall reasoned out but Louis had none of it.

“But still, Zayn knew it was your dream. If Zayn knows he is the reason for this…” Louis trailed off by waving his hand on the laptop. “He will not forgive himself!” Louis suddenly exclaimed. Niall just sighed and hit the send button to his email.

“He will not unless he won’t know.” Niall justified. Louis sighed defeated and stood up from his chair.

“Damn it Niall, if you just saw his face at the station today. You wouldn’t believe how excited he was for the wedding. Everybody was asking for a date and I hear Zayn was contemplating it happens on January on the date of his birthday.” Louis said. Niall just shook his head as he started walking towards Zayn’s room. He climbed the stairs while Louis trailed after him.

“I knew Simon he wouldn’t say yes anyway, I still might go to Washington the day I leave. I will try again, Louis. If I need to choose between my dream of being a chief of police and Zayn, I will definitely choose Zayn. He is my life Louis; I don’t want to give him more pain in the ass.” Niall explained while he plopped down on the bed he knew he will miss. Louis sat beside him.

“Whatever you say then”

+++++

“So wedding plans…” Niall trailed off that night while he and Zayn were cuddling on the couch. Zayn chuckled and kissed the top of the blonde’s head.

“What about it? You want to talk about it now?” Zayn questioned while nuzzling Niall’s hair with his nose inhaling the younger lad’s smell. Niall giggled and hummed in response.

“Well then, let me get some papers and pens.” Zayn said. Niall chuckled and nodded. They pulled away from each other as Zayn run upstairs to their room. Niall was fiddling on the engagement ring Zayn gave him. He let out a small laugh as he remembered the night Zayn proposed. He really thought Zayn would have time and say it after dinner but apparently his fiancé was so overwhelmed that he surprised Niall.

Niall already has a mind set and that’s to say yes. Who can’t resist the sexy 30 year old?

Zayn came back after a few minutes and plopped down on the sofa.

“What do you want to cross out first?” Zayn asked. Niall smiled as he laid his head on Zayn’s shoulder.

“Theme first so we can know where we will the wedding take place.” Niall muttered.

“Disney?”

“Nah, too childish Zee.”

“What about an old classic wedding, we could use the police station?” Zayn said honestly but Niall already was shaking his head from side to side.

“There were too many memories settled their Zayn. I want something quieter where we could only invite our close friends and family.”

“What about a beach wedding?” Zayn asked. Niall’s face lit up like a Christmas tree.

“Hawaii, I always wanted to go to Hawaii. Let’s do it there” Niall begged at his fiancé making the said person laugh.

“Hawaii it is, let’s turn to clothes. What would you like to wear? Suit or something casual but pretty impressive” Zayn asked. Niall smirked and narrowed his eyes just for a minute.

“Why don’t we give that to Louis and let him surprise us?” Niall asked.

“Oh God, okay. I would trust that to my best friend but I’m not sure if he will accept it.” Zayn said sheepishly making Niall looked at confused.

“What do you mean he won’t accept it?”

“Long story, but I think he will. Now next, who’s who?” Zayn asked. Niall blushed and bit his lower lip. Zayn felt odd when his fiancé turned silent. He turned and looked at Niall.

“What is babe?” Zayn asked again.

“I can be the bride that would walk down the aisle. My dad would be honored to do the sending off since you know. Your parents…” Niall trailed off as Zayn’s face became blank.

Zayn’s relationship with his parents is pretty much you could call nothing, since he left for London for America; he never had the chance to talk to his parents. Besides they were the reason why Zayn wanted to leave London in the first place.

“Okay then, my best man would be Louis of course.” Zayn scoffed and Niall chuckled as he leaned closer to Zayn’s side.

“Mine would be my childhood best friend Sean from Ireland.” Niall said. Zayn suddenly felt silent and Niall immediately burst out laughing. Zayn hid on himself by covering his face with his arms.

“God Niall, please, my first impression on him was pretty much chaotic.” Zayn grumbled. Niall continue to laugh as he remembered the first time Zayn met Sean he nearly turn the man into pulp.

“The perks of having a jealous boyfriend” Niall said while he is still choking with his own laugh. Zayn glared playfully to Niall but apparently the blonde still not used to Zayn’s playful glare so he intends to get scared.

“Zee…” Niall trailed off.

“You are going to regret laughing at me.” Zayn said. Niall started to run up to Zayn’s room but apparently Zayn was faster and already have Niall captive on the bed. Tickling him with everything he had. Niall roared in laughter and squealed while Zayn laughed with him.

“S-stop it Zee” Niall exclaimed.

“Never” Zayn shouted back and then while on the moment, Zayn’s phone rang and the two jumps because of shock. Zayn immediately stood up leaving Niall on the bed breathing deeply and watched as Zayn picked up the phone.

“Hello Malik residence, who am I speaking to? Sir Cowell it’s nice of you to cal—what? I don’t—okay sir I will tell him… I know-- I’m sorry sir, thank you. I don’t know what got into him. I’m sorry again sir. Yes sir, goodbye.” Zayn carefully put the phone down his face still unreadable. Niall looked at him confused.

“Is that Mr. Cowell?” Niall asked nervously. Zayn lifted his face up and Niall closed his eyes immediately. He knows temper when he sees one, working in Washington around temperamental people it was not an easy job.

“He called and he was furious.” Zayn said quietly while Niall looked down and took a deep breath.

“Zayn---“

“He said, he received a letter earlier today about a resignation letter from someone and will you guess that for me Niall. “ Zayn exclaimed and emphasized Niall’s name making the blonde flinch. He looked up and saw the heavy temper not at Niall but at himself.

“Me”

“Why? Is it because of the---“

“No it’s not about the marriage Zee, it’s all about me okay?” Niall suddenly exclaimed. Zayn quickly shook his head.

“No, it’s about me and the marriage. I know it will never be about you, Ni this is your dream. I don’t want to ruin it for you. How many times do I need to tell you that whatever it takes—“

“I love you Zayn!” Niall exclaimed cutting Zayn short.

“I wanted to resign because my dream is not there anymore. It’s where you are, my dream is to spend the rest of my life by your side even I lose something I cherished the most. I need to sacrifice, love is for sacrifice Zayn. Please don’t guilt yourself over these; I already made my mark in Washington alone. It’s time to make my mark here in New York with you.” Niall explained. Zayn rushed towards the blonde and hugged him tightly.

“Damn it Niall, Simon is angry with me, even though he congratulate me for being engaged with you. He was furious about me holding you back on making your biggest breakthrough. Niall, I don’t want that. Love isn’t just about sacrifice it’s about also compromising. I would compromise in order to make my baby’s dream come through.” Zayn reasoned out. Niall sighed and borrowed himself further inside Zayn’s arms.

“Zayn… I don’t want to be apart from you anymore, those three years of only seeing you because of stupid holidays aren’t enough. Please Zayn, don’t make me come back.” Niall murmured. Zayn sighed.

“I can’t Ni, just think about it okay? Just think about it first, you are rushing things. There still time okay? You will board the flight to Washington the day you need to leave and when you get back try to think about it okay? As much as I want you to stay, I want you to secure what you want. Okay Ni baby?” Zayn asked. Niall nodded and he didn’t say much when he lifted his head up. The only thing he did was wrapped his arms around Zayn’s neck and kissed the older lad passionately. Zayn kissed back in much vigor.

On that night, they made love to each other like there’s no tomorrow.

+++++

“So, you guys really are giving me the opportunity about the outfits for the wedding?” Louis asked cautiously while Niall nodded and cuddle more closely to Zayn the following day. Louis looked at the other two men casually looking at the scene amusedly. The five of them, were currently on Zayn’s penthouse spending the last day of Niall in New York on taking care of the wedding.

“Okay then but don’t you dare grumble on me the day I brought all of you to wedding outfit shopping.” Louis gushed out; Harry immediately shushed Louis and kissed him soundly on the cheek.

“Well then that’s settled, it’s a beach wedding eh? Nice theme.” Harry commented. Liam hummed in approval while sipping the cup of tea Niall made.

“What about the reception?” Liam asked.

“We are thinking around a beach party too and we are hoping you could handle that eh?” Zayn asked Liam and the lad’s face lit up like a fucking Christmas tree.

“You leave that to me and you won’t have any worries.”Liam reassured them making the four laughs with the overflowing enthusiasm in his voice.

“I’m sure you will drag the poor Devine boy to haul everything for you.” Harry commented earning a pillow muffling his laugh. Louis roared more in laughter while the engaged couple chuckle.

“Different topic please” Liam grumbled that made the four boys stop laughing. Then Niall turned to the other couple who was looking kind of nervous.

“You say you wanted to make my last day happy, what are your news lads? Is Louis pregnant?” Niall suddenly asked and that made Liam and Zayn laugh while Louis turns beat red.

“You dumbass, am not? We are adopting.” Louis grumbled.

“Oh my God, Lou, that’s amazing. What gender did you pick boy or girl?” Niall asked.

“We picked a boy his name is Trace and he is a lovely two year old. We will be picking him up later today. We’ve been arranging it since our second year anniversary, after a year and the results were fine.” Harry said.

“Well then, let’s celebrate. Let’s open the champagne my Dad brought us awhile ago.” Niall said. Zayn smiled and walked upstairs to retrieve the champagne bottle. Suddenly the three man plopped themselves beside Niall.

“What the—“

“So, we heard you are still going back. Resignation letter rejected?” Liam asked. Niall looked at him confused and then turn his ice cold glare to Louis who immediately put his hand up then pointed at Harry.

“What? You are the one who told me apparently you are an Idiot because you told me when Liam was in the exact same room.” Harry suddenly said earning a nice good slap on the back of his head.

“Shut up… So?” Louis urged Niall to talk. Niall rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, Simon called furious and then Zayn got angry. Then he said I must think about it, he said I’m rushing things.” Niall grumbled out pouting. The three men looked at each other.

“Maybe he is right Niall, why don’t you think about it? The position is the biggest job of all, only a few talented men or women can sit there.” Liam said as a matter of fact.

“God you are as stubborn as he is. Even though it was the biggest job, it’s different when I’m doing something with Zayn rather than doing it alone.” Niall muttered out. Louis just shook his head and sat back on where he was seated before.

“But still, Zayn was the reason you got there and he doesn’t want to be the reason you will be leaving it. Think about it and remember Ni compromising is an option.” Louis said and the conversation died when Zayn walked down the stairs with the bottle of champagne Bobby Horan brought them.

“Really, Niall, your dad is one classy man.” Zayn declared while reading the label on the champagne. Niall hummed as he skipped his way towards Zayn and grabbed the bottle.

“Of course, Irish men know their liquor. Come on boys let’s pop this open shall we?” Niall declared making the four boys laugh at Niall’s rather enthusiastic voice.

That night the boys celebrated and everything seems fine except for Zayn.

+++++

“So, apparently I can’t attend on my phone so whoever you are please leave a message and if you’re Niall. You are rather welcome to flood me with messages. Bye!” Niall sighed as yet again Zayn hasn’t answered his phone. He started to think Zayn was ignoring him but then he scoffed. It’s fucking Saturday of course New York City police department is busy.

He put his phone down and stared at his computer.

He was back at Washington and everything seems wrong. Every time he tries to fucking solve one case, the other one pops out of nowhere and now Niall has seven cases to attend to. Even though he had detective Nathan and Demetrio, it’s still not enough the two detectives could hold only two cases at the time so Niall was left with three rather hard cases.

He started hating Washington, all he wanted by now is spend a nice day with Zayn but apparently the said person doesn’t want to and Niall started to make conclusions that being engaged and committing is still early.

Damn it, I love Zayn. Niall thought as he furiously types a comeback on the judge that holds one of his cases. All his frustration and anger was brought into the email but before he could even send it. He stopped midway as he stared at his ringing phone. After two rings he answers it.

“Oh my God, baby. I’m sorry, I just need to attend one of the hearings of my cases and I didn’t have the time to call you. I’m really sorry baby.” Zayn’s voice traveled through Niall’s ear. Then he doesn’t know why he started to cry.

“Ni—are you crying? Baby what’s wrong?” Zayn voice softened making Niall cry harder.

“Everything seems so wrong Zayn. I’ve been here for two weeks and everything seems so wrong. I don’t want to be here. I want to be with you Zayn. I’m sorry but it’s not my dream anymore. Zayn please” Niall pleaded silencing the older lad on the other end of the line.

“Zee, I miss you so much. Everything here is suddenly too much. Please Zayn, I just wanted to stay with you and get married peacefully without this hindrance. Please?” Niall added and then he heard a sigh.

“I talked to Simon yesterday; he told me you are having a really hard time on the station. The other workers said like you aren’t there anymore.” Zayn muttered quietly on the phone. Niall buried his head on his arms and laid it on the table still with the phone on his ear.

“Please Zayn. I don’t want to be apart from you. I know this is important for you, but we can compromise but not like this. You already compromised for me by sending me away three years ago. Now let me compromise for you.” Niall stated. There was a beat of silence before he heard a deep sigh.

“Honestly, I fucking miss you so much and I hate to say this but Louis right Niall. Louis is right, damn it. I can’t wait to see come home.” Zayn said and Niall laughed as he heard several voices cheering on the other line and Louis voice suddenly booming around shouting ‘fuck yeah’.

“They are with you?” Niall asked

“Yeah, they are the one who flanked me on the head to call you back. Ni, please come home.” Zayn said and Niall smiled through the phone.

“Okay Zee. I’m coming home.”

+++++

Months Later

“Liam did you secure the place, I mean I don’t want some wedding crashers.” Zayn rumbled at Liam while he sat on one of the cabin’s chair. They were at Hawaii and finally the date the two were waiting for. Liam rolled his eyes as he tore his eyes away from the beach.

“Zayn, there are no possible wedding crashers. Damn it, they aren’t much people in the island.” Liam grumbled but that doesn’t ease Zayn’s nerve. Suddenly Louis walked with his casual beige cotton ¾ sleeved t-shirt and a flower pinned on his chest walked in barefoot with a big smile on his face.

“The wedding will be up in five. So, how many questions did he throw at you since the time I left?” Louis asked Liam.

“I lost count.” Liam answered making Zayn groan. Liam put his gaze on Zayn and watched as his boss squirm on his white cotton shirt and white trousers that are folded up to his knee. It was weird to see his boss’ hair flat and on his forehead.

“Stop staring at me damn it, God! Wedding jitters.” Zayn mumbled. Louis sighed and winked at Liam. Liam knowing what Louis is up to left the room.

“I have a surprise for you and I hope she would give great advices on how to ease the nerves eh?” Louis said but before Zayn could muster any word. The door opened and Zayn stared at the woman standing on the door wearing a beautiful white dress.

“Mom” Zayn breathe out as he stood up and gaped at his mother. After all those years, his mother seems to be the same since he left London.

“Zayn, Oh God, I’m so sorry for everything baby. God, I didn’t know you are going to marry until last month.” Trisha muttered while he hugged Zayn. Zayn shakily hugged his mother back.

“I know.” Zayn said as he closed his eyes.

“Zayn, I divorced your dad, since I learn about the truth, three years ago. I was trying to contact you and then last month Louis contacted and told me everything. Niall, the man you are marrying is amazing and his parents too.”Trisha said as Zayn smiled at his mom.

To tell the truth, the real reason why Zayn hated London was because his dad was a drug dealer and his mom never really knew. Every night his mom was gone, Zayn watch as his dad cheat on her and bring his gang members at home. He threatened Zayn that he will hurt his mother if he told her everything. So he dreamed of becoming a police and left the country when he had the chance.

“That’s good news mom. I’m sorry; it was the only way to protect you.” Zayn said and Trisha smiled.

“I know, but now this is your day baby. Don’t be nervous okay? You are marrying the love of your life you must be happy.” Trisha said and Zayn smiled as he laid his hand over his mom.

“Okay mom. Thank you.”

+++++

“You can do this Zayn.” Louis whispered at Zayn while he put the lei on Zayn’s neck.  It was a series of yellow and white flowers. Zayn sighed and stared at the end of the isle trying to wonder when Niall will appear.

“Is he beautiful?” Zayn suddenly asked making Louis looked at him for a while. Zayn was looking away from him and Louis can’t help but smile… because it wasn’t the Zayn he knew back at London. This Zayn was different more relaxed and comfortable. He was about to speak when suddenly the violinist played the first tune in ‘Marry You’ by Bruno mars played in the air. They all looked at the isle and smiled as Leila, Niall’s cute little nephew walked down the way and sheds the yellow and white petals.

“This is it” Zayn sighed out as he watched Liam walked on the isle alone then Zayn caught his breathe when he saw Niall with his dad and mom on each side of his arms. He was wearing the same flowers around his neck and Zayn still thinks he was beautiful wearing a white linen shirt and a beige trousers folded up to his knees. All of them were barefoot, the crowd applauded as Niall entered the wedding premises. Zayn smiled softly as he watched Maura struggling not to cry.

Finally, after what felt like forever. Bobby gave Niall’s arm to Zayn, with a soft and loving smile.

“Take care of my son kiddo.” Bobby asked and smiled.

“Yes sir.” Zayn replied and offered his arm for Niall to hook with his. Niall gladly unite their arms and lean closer to his soon-to-be husband. The councilor stood at the made up altar with a book in his hands. He smiled as he saw Zayn kissed Niall on the back of his hand. Then they stopped in front of each other and smiled. Then the whole wedding premises went on a deep silence and let the ocean speak on its self.

“Dear friends and family, we are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the union of Niall James Horan…” The councilor gestured at Niall and made Niall look at him and smiled.

“And Zayn Jawaad Malik in marriage. Through their time together, they have come to realize that their personal dreams, hopes and goals are more attainable and more meaningful through the combined effort and mutual support provided in love, commitment, and family; and so they have decided to live together as husband.” The councilor finished turning a page on his book. While the councilor spoke, Zayn’s attention was all on Niall staring deep through his bright blue eyes that it made smile wider.

“What?” Niall mouthed looking at him curiously but Zayn just smiled and shook his head.

“I love you” Zayn mouthed and Niall took an intake of breathe. He smiled and replied back.

“Love is always not about complete sacrifice but also about compromise. Being in a marriage, they always have this give and take situation, but it was always about compromise. Remember love and marriage doesn’t live alone in compromise but the decision of it all as mostly from the united hearts of your beloved.” The councilor told the two and the first sentence made Zayn smiled, compromise that is what they are doing right now.

Then the councilor motioned for Louis and Sean to give the rings to the boys.

“You first Niall” The councilor decided. Then Niall took the ring from Sean and closed his eyes trying to remember his vow.

“When I first I saw you all I could think about was ‘he have a fucking nice abs.’” Niall exclaimed making the whole congregation laugh and Zayn chuckle.

“Then I thought I’m going to fantasize about you being my boyfriend for the next five months but I was completely wrong. I didn’t have the time to fantasize it came true, but unfortunately I went to Washington after it and I was happy that we kept this relationship strong for three years and I know that with me here by your side we could double the years or make it forever. So, I Niall James Horan gives you this ring as a sign of a police hand cuff on arresting you forever in my heart.” Niall finished while he carefully fit the gold band on the ring finger on Zayn’s left hand.

Zayn smiled and kissed Niall’s hand before turning towards Louis. Louis offered to him the golden band and smiled.

“You… are the most beautiful angel I’ve ever seen in my whole life.” Zayn mumbled and hear as the congregation ‘awed’ and chuckled when Niall blushed furiously.

“Your eyes are simply what I could think about the day I realized I wanted you, that I love you.” Zayn muttered while everybody fell into a deep silence.

“Every day for the past three years, all I could think about was you and only you, but after what happened months ago. You made me realize that I already gave everything to you and I didn’t left for myself. I’m sorry about that.” Zayn grumbled and watched as Niall cried in front of him. Zayn smiled sadly at him.

“Now, that I’m going to marry you. I promise Niall that I will let you sit beside me, be with me for the rest of our lives while we make our mark together at New York.” Zayn declared and Niall smiled. Then carefully Zayn slid the ring in Niall’s finger.

“You are under arrest Mr. Niall James Horan for a lifetime imprisonment in my heart.” Zayn declared. Niall smiled and didn’t let the councilor finish on saying the closing for the ceremony. He launched himself at Zayn and kissed the life out of him. The guests applauded and cheered while the councilor laughed. When Niall pulled away and leaned his forehead against Zayn. The councilor saw it a sign as to announce the important part of the cemetery.

“By the power vested in me, I declare you husbands. Let’s welcome the Maliks!” The councilor exclaimed and the whole crowd applaud louder and shout their congratulations to the happy couple. Zayn and Niall ignored them as they continue to stare each others eyes.

“Do I have the rights to remain silent? Ask for a legal lawyer or what?” Niall asked teasingly. Zayn smirked as he pulled his now husband closer.

“You have the rights but I think you won’t stop yourself screaming my name later tonight yeah?” Zayn said while Niall giggled and blushed.

“Well then, Mr. Malik take me forever”

“Yeah, forever and always…”

Fin.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

482K 7.6K 24
Zianourry One-Shots Mostly Niall Centric. Hopefully you enjoy because I love writing these.
198K 1.1K 39
THESE ARE FROM TUMBLR SO THEY AREN'T MINE SOME OF THEM!!! MOST DIRTY ONE DIRECTION IMAGINES¦ ONE SHOTS! NIALL HORAN, HARRY STYLES, LOUIS TOMLINSON, L...
81K 1.1K 27
Just a collection of One Direction one shots! Includes all shipping pairs! {COMPLETED FOR NOW BUT REQUESTS ARE STILL OPEN!!!!!}
172K 528 54
ONE SHOTS ARE PERMANENTLY CLOSED! If you want a One Direction One Shot for you/friend + a 1D guy all the information is inside. © 2013, @bex_the_box ...