Sweet as Honey (An OHSHC FanF...

By BubblesTheHippo

Honey meets a new girl. More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Ch 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
BONUS!!!!!!

Part 59

1.5K 34 10
By BubblesTheHippo

OMG guys this is IT!

Once they were gone, I began pacing back and forth.

"Stop that, Rika," Mom said, seated in front of her laptop once again.

"I-I can't!" I said. "You're the one - Why did you have to ask him to go?"

"He'll be fine," she replied. "Sit down, and I'll tell you about Kimiko."

"What about Kimiko?" I asked, pausing. Did it have to do with the whole Kimiko-isn't-the-heir thing?

"Sit down and I'll tell you."

Masahiko seemed frozen when I sat down. I glanced at him. "Uh, Masa-san, would you like some tea? Something to drink?"

He turned to me and forced a smile. "No. It's okay. I'm fine."

Mom looked at him and must have understood my concern. "Don't worry, Kitano-kun, what I'm about to say shouldn't change your opinion of Kimiko. It's more about her family history."

♥ Follow/Fav

Next >

shouldn't change your opinion of Kimiko. It's more about her family history."

Family history? Then it does have something to do with how she isn't Mom's real daughter! "Tell me!" I said, leaning forward impatiently.
Mom nodded and set her laptop aside. "Let me begin with your aunt."
Aunt?

"Setsuko, my younger sister, liked the arts. She enjoyed painting the most, although she wasn't exceptionally good at it. She was talented with musical instruments though. Well, since I was already going to inherit the entire family business, she was free to study and do whatever she wanted to. So Setsuko chose to go into the arts.

"She went to an art school that was a part of a larger school. There, in her first year of college, she met a charming, young man. He was handsome, and tall, and kind. And he wooed her quite quickly. They started going out, and we - your grandparents and I - learned that he was studying business. That his family used to have a small bookstore, but that store went bankrupt a few years ago.

"He was studying business in the hopes of starting his own business. If I recall correctly, he wanted to open a coffee shop. When he came over the first time and told us of this idea, I told him it was stupid. His coffee shop would need something extremely unique and special to survive against those chain stores these days.

"Well that's not important. What is important is that the two of them dated steadily, and my sister was happy. In their third year of college, he proposed; she accepted. They got married with a small ceremony. My parents didn't care that she was marrying a less-than middle class man as long as she was happy.

"Then we discovered she was pregnant. At this time, I was still dating your father, Rika, and so I was surprised by my sister's speediness. Imagine how I felt, witnessing my sister get married before me. It was strange." Mom stared off, reminiscing of the old times.

"Isn't Aunt only like three years younger than you?" I asked. It was the same age gap between Kimiko and me.

"Yes. I'll continue. She was pregnant and in her fourth year in college, she gave birth to a healthy daughter." Our gazes met, and I realized who it was.
"Kimiko."
"Kurosawa Kimiko," Mom said.

Kuro... sawa?

"Kurosawa Raiden?" I asked.

"Oh? So you aren't as ignorant as I thought. Yes, Kurosawa Raiden was your aunt's husband. Your uncle."

"And? What happened? That's Onee-san isn't it?" I said.

"Yes that's Kimiko. So they were happy. At least it appeared they were happy. I don't really know the details of their married life, since they lived in Kagoshima."

"Kagoshima? That's-"

"Far, yes. They'd visit about once or twice a year. Your aunt was... different from others. She believed in not hiring people to do everything for her. She was a modest, simple woman, far more like a commoner than the daughter of a wealthy company. She always refused to take the private jet, and she preferred to drive by herself."

"Drive by herself?" I said. Even I found that a bit strange.

"There-There's nothing wrong with that," Masahiko cut in. We turned to him and he quickly began shaking his head. "Sorry! Sorry, just pretend I'm not here!"

"Don't apologize. It's not like you did anything wrong," I said. Mom nodded in agreement. "Ah, okay then."

"Anyway," Mom said. "So, about two years after Kimiko was born, I got pregnant with you. Oh, of course, I got married before that. And, then I heard news that Setsuko had gotten into a car accident. Like I said, she likes to drive herself, so she was driving one night and got into an accident. A drunk driver, I think."

My mouth dropped open. So Aunt had died cause of that?

"After we had the funeral, Kurosawa Raiden disappeared. Your aunt's will had left everything of hers to him. Of course, since she wasn't the heir, she didn't have much to give him. About eleven million yen, I believe, in just cash. And he sold their home and other belongings."

"Then Onee-san?"

"He left her," Mom replied. "He left her with us. She was just two-years-old and you were on the way, and he left her with us. I didn't want her because she looked a lot like my sister. I thought that was the reason why he left her, because she looked so much like Setsuko. No one else in the family wanted to take her in though

and I certainly wouldn't let my sister's daughter go to an orphanage. So I adopted her. She is legally your

sister, Rika, but not biologically."
"She's... my cousin," I said. Mom nodded, while Masahiko just gaped.

"You were born and I saw no reason to tell you. It was too complicated of a story, anyway. I thought I'd tell you once you entered high school, but your relationship with Kimiko had tapered off. And I thought telling you might only worsen it. And so, now you know."

"Okay," I said. "Wow."
"Now," Mom said. "This is where things tie into today."
"What do you mean?" I asked. She pulled her laptop over again.

"As you know, I've been doing research. And as you may have noticed just then, the man behind the kidnappings knows me. Personally. Calling me Sayoko-san. Even kidnappers wouldn't dare do that, unless he or she does know me personally."

"Who is it?" I asked. My mind immediately jumped to Ashika Suzume's parents or Funaki Minoru's parents or maybe even Chiyo's parents. They were all strict and rather mean and cruel people who seemed likely to do something like a kidnapping.

"Let me continue the story," Mom said. "There's more?"

"I tried searching for Kurosawa Raiden for several months after his disappearance, but I found nothing. It was quite impressive that he went without my notice for so long. I even had the help of Ootori-san, Kyoya- kun's father. But he eventually resurfaced, and by then, he was already married to another woman. And that woman was pregnant and bearing his child."

What? Man, this guy!
"You know their child, Rika," Mom said. Kurosawa...

"Kurosawa Tomiko?!" I yelped, jumping to my feet in shock. "But-But!" I thought of that stammering, blushing girl, with the stereotypical shy girl look: long black hair in two braids and full bangs. It was very hard to imagine her being related to Kimiko.

"Onee-san has a half sister!" I said.
Mom nodded. "Yes, yes. That's not the important part, Rika." "Wait who he'd marry? He didn't ditch Tomiko right?" I asked. "He married Funaki Yoshiko."
"Funaki?"

"Yes, Minoru-kun's father's younger sister," Mom replied. "Tomiko is Minoru's cousin. I'm surprised you didn't know that."
Excuse me if I don't research all my classmates! But Tomiko and Minoru being related? I guess that'd explain why Minoru talks to Tomiko often during chess club. It's cause they've already known each other for years.

"So what does this all have to do with today?" I asked. "You know who's behind the kidnappings, right?" "Only a hunch." She smiled. It was more than a hunch. She knew exactly who it was. She was just waiting for the evidence to fall neatly into her lap.

"Who is it?"
"Haven't you guessed already?" Mom asked. I swallowed. "So it is the Funaki family?"

She shook her head. "I don't know how involved the Funaki family may be in these kidnappings. But I do know that Kurosawa Raiden is the one behind this. And if the Funaki family is involved, he'll easily spit it out once he's captured. That fool doesn't have any guts at all."

Oh. Wow.
"But Onee-san's with him right now!" I said.
"Yes."
"Does Onee-san know?" I asked. "Who he is?"
"I'm not sure," Mom replied. "Ask her when she gets back. Ah." Suddenly a sound came from her computer. Then a voice said, "Ma'm! We're about to enter the building from the rear!"

"Excellent," Mom said. "You know the drill. Have you filled Haninozuka in?"

"Yes, ma'm."

I jumped to her side of the couch and yelled at her computer. "Protect Mitsukuni for me! Please protect him!"

Mom sighed. "Disregard what my daughter just said."

"Yes ma'm."

"Don't disregard what I say!" I yelled at her this time.

"Go back over there, Rika."

"What if they have guns?" I asked, grabbing her shirt in my fist. "What if Mitsukuni gets shot? What are you going to do if he dies huh? Are you going to give him back to me?"

"Calm down." She stared me down. "He won't die."
"Can you promise me that?" I stared straight back.
"I can," she replied. "Now go sit over there and don't bother me." "If he dies, you owe me," I said.
"He won't die," she said. "Now move."
"Fine."

I went back to pacing, still bundled up with two scarves wrapped around me. Masahiko dozed a bit, jolting awake periodically to glance around with a sheepish expression.

"Isn't it warm with two scarves Rika?" Mom asked. She was back to typing away on her computer.

"No," I muttered, burying my face into the scarves. Mitsukuni must have worn his scarf for a while. It smelled faintly of him, a sweet, vanilla scent.

"I'm going to go bake," I said.
"It's past one in the morning, Rika," Mom said.

"I don't know what to do!" I replied, pacing even more ferverously back and forth. "Oh God, I'm going to tear my hair out or something."

"If baking helps, then go ahead," she said. "But I'm sure they'll be back soon."

So I just kept pacing.

"Isn't there another story you can tell me?" I asked.

"Sure. It's not exactly a story, but it'll distract you," Mom said. Her gaze remained latched on the screen. "You've met up with your middle school friends, haven't you?"

I froze. Yup, a great way to distract me. "Why would you think that?" I asked, trying to stay calm.

"Because," she said. "You've been emailing them. And how would you have gotten their email if you hadn't met them in person? Either that or you know someone who knows them. But how could you possibly resist meeting them?"
Damn! She's seen the emails? Wait, no, I must act innocent until I know for sure that she knows for sure.

"What emails?" I asked.
She glanced at me. "You know what I'm talking about."
"Except, I don't," I replied.
A small smile appeared. "You take after me, in a way, Rika. Either that, or you're learning." I scowled.

"I've seen the emails. You're constantly emailing Barton Akane. And you send frequent emails to Katsushika Mina, Yasuda Mikiya, and Asari Ryota. Oh, you also send some emails to Matsuoka Tarou, Ueda Rikuto, Tsutomu Kenta, and Asari Yuuta."

So she even knows how much I email each of them. Still! "Now you're just spouting nonsense," I said.

"Am I?" she said. "How much more proof do you want from me? I know you've asked Barton-san for continuous love advice, especially when you and Honey-kun had that little fight. You and Katsushika-san discuss various things, from school to boyfriends to food. You discuss novels with Asari-san and occasionally his family, especially his brother. You receive files from Yasuda-san fairly regularly, programs for you to test out. And-"

"Okay! Okay, I get it!"

Mom smiled at me. "You met them during the summer, didn't you? How was it? Have they changed?" "As if you need me to tell you," I replied. "You're the one who's bribed them."
"Oh that's right. I told them they couldn't contact you, unless they wanted to suffer the consequences."

"There better be no consequences," I said, glaring at her. "They're my friends, Mom. They aren't a bad influence on me. If anyone's the bad influence, it'd be me. I was the one who came up with the gang idea. I was the one who implemented that idea. They didn't want to be in a gang, but I got them to join a gang. To fight others. I'm the bad influence."

She sighed. "You're right, I suppose. I won't punish them, but I'll stop sending them money." "What about me?" I asked. I tensed, prepared to fight her with all I got.

"What about it? You'll be turning into an adult soon. I'm not going to regulate your friends. It's your choice. And you'll be the one to face the consequences later," she said.

I smiled. "So you think that there will be consequences if I continue to associate with the gang?" "Perhaps," she replied.
Then I heard the sound of a car pulling up to the driveway. Does that mean? That totally does mean! I yanked the door open and was greeted by a gust of cold wind.

"Don't be ridiculous, Rika!" Mom called.
A Black Garlic Squad van was pulling up. It opened and the members poured out. They looked pretty beat up.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, as I was hit by another freezing wind. I shivered. Then a hand wrapped around my wrist and pulled me away from the door.

"Hey!"

"Put a coat on," Mom said. She threw my jacket at me and I caught it. "You'll get sick just standing there like that."

Then I heard footsteps coming. I dropped the jacket and pulled the door open once again, vaguely hearing Mom calling my name and sighing in frustration.

"Onee-chan!" I yelled into the roaring wind.
Kimiko appeared at the doorstep, slightly out of breath and bundled in the outfit I'd last seen her wear.

"Onee-chan!" I threw myself at her for a hug, and she caught me. "What? Rika."
And for some unfathomable reason, I began to cry.

"Rika? Don't-Don't cry! It's okay! I'm okay!" Kimiko said, starting to panic. "I'm fine, okay? Perfectly fine! And they caught the kidnappers and the guy behind it all! This won't happen again, okay? So-So please stop crying."

"I-I thought I'd never see-see you again," I sobbed. "O-Onee-Onee-chan!"

"Rika-san," a voice said behind me. "Um, I don't want to push you away, so could you please let go of Kimiko?" I tightened my grip around my sister. "Uh, there's another person waiting to be hugged by you." Masahiko was really trying to get me off of Kimiko.

I backed away slowly, hastily wiping the tears away. Masahiko brushed past me to Kimiko, pulling her in an even tighter hug. "Ah, Ma-Masahiko-kun." She started to blush. Haha, it was a cute sight.

"How mean, Rika."

I turned to a pouting Mitsukuni. I stared at him. And I stared at him. And then I stared at him some more. He looked fine. There weren't any scratches or bruises or cuts on his face. I started to poke him in the side, in the chest, in his face.

"Hey! What are you doing?" He grinned, catching my hand mid-poke. "I'm not hurt, okay? So you can't throw me out any windows or punch me or drag me out of heaven, okay?"

The words got stuck in my throat, but I really didn't want to cry in front of him. So I just dropped my head down on his chest and he hugged me. He was here. He was safe. He was alive. He was fine.

I started to cry again.
"Rika!" I heard Kimiko say not unkindly. "What's with you? You're usually not such a cry baby." Mitsukuni just pulled me closer.
"It's okay, Rika," he said quietly. "You were scared weren't you?"

I nodded. "I. Hate! Waiting!" I managed to gasp out, and he chuckled. "It's agonizing, you know?" I sniffled as the tears began to subside. He was fine. Those words were starting to sink in, and I rubbed the tears away

as the tears began to subside. He was fine. Those words were starting to sink in, and I rubbed the tears away

again.

I looked up. Mitsukuni was there. I grabbed his face and ran my thumbs over his soft cheeks. He stood there and smiled at me.

Then I kissed him. A long, slow kiss. I didn't want it to ever end.

"Where's Takashi?" I asked when we broke apart.

"Here," Takashi said, coming to stand beside us. I pulled away from Mitsukuni to give Takashi a hug.

"Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded with that small, warm smile of his. I smiled back in relief. Everyone was okay. I turned back towards Mitsukuni. "Were there any guns?"

"Yeah," he replied. "But the Squad members had guns too!"
"Hah?" I whirled around to Mom. "Since when did the Squad have guns? When guns are so hard to get?"

"This is their first time going on a mission equipped with guns," Mom replied, standing at the doorway. "Come inside. It's cold out."

"Ah!" Mitsukuni jumped. "I just realized! Rika, why aren't you wearing a coat?" "It's not cold," I replied.
"Go in! Go in!" He started to push me towards the door.
"Okay, okay."

We went inside and that was when I realized how cold it was outside. When I shivered, Mitsukuni hugged me and rubbed my arms.

"Don't tell me I didn't warn you," Mom said. "If you catch a cold."

"I won't. I have a strong immune system," I mumbled.

"Rika-sama." Azumi came in carrying a tray of steaming hot tea. "Have something warm to drink please."

I took a cup, warming my hands with the tea.

"Honey-kun," Mom said. "I'd like to speak with you, privately for a moment."

"Okay." He followed after her into the kitchen. And although I tried to eavesdrop, Azumi kept me too far away to hear anything.

"Azumi! How could you?" I said.
"No." She shook her head firmly. "Your mother said privately for a reason. Now be patient and wait."

"Didn't I already say that I hate waiting?!" I screamed at her. I glanced over at Takashi, who was sipping the tea quietly in the corner. "What do you think they're talking about?"

He just shrugged. I guess he wouldn't know.
"Rika." Kimiko came over. "I heard from Masahiko-kun that Mom told you about my story." "Oh yeah," I said. "So it was Kurosawa Raiden?"

She nodded solemnly. "Yeah. I met him today. He was a bit... I don't know, crazy. He told me why he was doing this." She looked at me. "He wanted revenge, he said. His family's business, that small bookstore, it went bankrupt because an Oshiro bookstore opened up in the area, and he lost most of his business. He told me that when he met my mom, Aunt Setsuko." She sighed. "I only see her as Aunt Setsuko, even though she's my mom. It's strange."

"It's okay," I said. I didn't know what else to say.
She smiled at me. "Why'd you call me Onee-chan, Rika?"
I looked away, shrugging. "It's what I used to call you. Before middle school." "Yeah," she said. "I like it."
"Okay, Onee-chan."

She beamed. "Anyway, him meeting Aunt was like fate. That's what he told me. And so he started dating her, hoping that he'd be able to have some power in the business. He wanted to sabotage the business. But then he found out that all of the business's power was in Mom's hand, and then I was born, and... Well, in the end, he didn't want anymore of this family, so he ran away.

"Did you know he married into the Funaki family to get revenge on us? He thought he could make the Funaki Cakes business better than Hayashi Sweets. He was the reason behind those rumors in high school. You know, the rumors and trouble during your middle school years."

Wow. That guy sure tried very hard to screw our family over. And in the end, he still failed. I almost pity him.

"I'm glad he's not my dad," Kimiko said. She smiled at me. "I'm glad I got adopted into your family, Rika." "You're already family, Onee-chan," I replied, smiling back.

Mitsukuni and Mom came back out, and he immediately came to me. "Guess what?" he asked, looking extremely excited.

"What?" I asked.

"Your mom thanked me!" he said, as flowers bloomed around his head.

...

"Mitsukuni! I thought it was something more exciting!" I said.

He grinned and giggled. "Well, she told me that you're engagement has been called off!"

I turned to Mom. "Really?"

She nodded. "Yes. Minoru-kun's father told me. Apparently his son doesn't want to do this anymore, and seeing how stubborn you've been about this entire thing, I agreed quite easily."

"Yes!" I jumped up and down. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" I squeezed Mitsukuni in a hug, before kissing him. He grinned and kissed me back.

Five years later...

My twenty-third birthday. Mitsukuni was taking me out for dinner, and he said there'd be a pleasant surprise too. Hm, I wonder what that surprise is?

I arrived at the fancy, traditional Japanese restaurant at six, dressed in a simple black dress with the pink scarf wrapped around me. I was taken up an elevator to the fifth floor and led to our seat by a large window, with a breathtaking view of the city.

Mitsukuni was already seated, looking at the menu as I approached.

It'd been a while since I last saw him. He was busy with his family business, and I was busy with mine. Kimiko and I had came to the agreement that we'd be splitting the businesses. She'd take over the Oshiro business, and I'd take over Hayashi Sweets. My parents didn't have any objections; they thought it was a good idea.

The last time I saw him was almost a month ago. Now that we were both out of college, it was even harder to meet. We both had business trips that never seemed to clash right, and we were always missing each other. If it weren't for how busy I was, I'd really miss him.

"Mitsukuni!" I waved at him. He glanced up and quickly jumped to his feet. "Rika!" We embraced.
"I'll be back shortly to take your orders," the waiter said, bowing before leaving.

Ever since graduating high school, Mitsukuni had started to grow. He was now about six foot. It was strange, and it sure took a while for me to get used to him being taller than me. But I'd also grown, only it was less than an inch.

We sat and we chatted, catching up with each other. It was nice to just spend time with him, talking and laughing and relaxing.

We were almost done with the meal, when I asked, "So. The surprise?"
He grinned. "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you what it was. Or when it's going to come out."

"Ehh?" I said. I was really just expecting some sweet birthday present.

Then the birthday cake arrived.

It was a strawberry cake, with strawberry slices on top, vanilla ice cream in the middle, and sugary frosting.

"Oji-san made it!" Mitsukuni told me. "I asked him to, and he made it!"

"Awesome!" I said, mouth-watering at the sight. "His cakes are still the best!" We dug in, and it was the best cake I'd eaten ever.

After the food was cleared away, we sat there some more, admiring the view in a peaceful silence. The city was beautiful in the night, with lights shining everywhere. Cars and people roamed the streets, and the city felt alive.

I relaxed while watching the dancing lights. Hopefully, we'd be able to spend Christmas and New Year's together. I just wanted the two of us to be together more often. But how?

"Hey, Rika," Mitsukuni said. I turned to him and found that he wasn't in his seat anymore. He was crouched on one knee beside me. And, there was a little black box opened in his hand. "Will you marry me?"

My heart skipped a beat, and it felt like I couldn't breath. Then my mouth dropped open. I stood up.

My heart skipped a beat, and it felt like I couldn't breath. Then my mouth dropped open. I stood up. And, I said, "Yes!"

I grabbed his hand and pulled him to his feet for a hug. "Of course! Yes!" We pulled away, and staring into those lovely brown eyes, I said, "I love you, Mitsukuni."

He smiled. "I love you too Rika." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.2K 1.2K 32
Who hasn't came across the host club? Luna Kikyo that's who. Its her first day at ouran high school and there's one boy who caught her eye. Guess wha...
182K 4.6K 44
Ouran Academy, an elite school filled of with the kids of the elitist Japanese kids and a hand full of scholarship students. As Haruhi Fujioka stumb...
171K 5.7K 33
•Fanfiction• The Ouran highschool host club suddenly has a new member entrusted to them. The principal is a friend of the wife of Pubert Addams. Thei...
71.7K 2.2K 14
Mizura lives her life be her family's only rule. While it may seem harsh, she has no trouble following it. Then she meets the loveable Mitsukuni Hani...