Along Came Seth

By xinfiniteandbeyondx

"Seth?" He walked to the door and paused. "Yeah?" He murmured, hand poised on the knob. "Would you...Co... More

Along Came Seth
When It All Changed
He's, like, psychic
Amber? Anya? Andrea? Abigail?
Ryan's, Ice Cubes, and Strange Encounter's
It's about to go down
My life is over
Interview with a convict
Operation "the teen years"
Diaries of a hollow-loveless hag
Cosmo's and Crop tops
CAUTION: in a drunken state
MAN-KENZIE, ULTIMATE DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE
Caught red handed
Trapped in the manmade cage of a six foot boy
This kiss
Love and other bad things
A bond that can never be broken
Sam
The truth
Oceans, gurneys and ointment.....
Do I wanna know?
Dinner and a movie...in that order
Exposed...and it didn't feel good
MISSING
#Treth
Kisses punches and hospital lights
And along they went...
Right by your side~~Epilogue
*The Selection Committee*

Team

22.1K 773 243
By xinfiniteandbeyondx

“You do know they’re all knocked out, right?” I heard Seth whisper from beside me.

“SO?” I shivered as I clung to his arm. Words couldn’t describe how jumpy I was and we weren’t even halfway through the movie.

“WE don’t have to keep watching” He laughed lightly.

“Turn it off then” I hissed looking around as Mom, Elliot, and Talia snored quietly.

Seth picked up the remote and stopped the movie, going back to the Netflix homepage.

“Calm down, it wasn’t that bad” Seth said peeling my fingers from his arm, “I think you drew blood”

“I’m never letting you pick a movie ever again!”

“C’mon” He said getting up.

“No”

“You could always stay here in the dark. I, frankly, don’t care” He shrugged making his way up the stairs. As if on cue, I sprinted after him.

“Let’s knock two” Was all he said as we made our way to his room.

“English, por favor?”

“I’m not even going to comment on that sentence” He laughed booting up the laptop that sat on the desk in the corner of his room.

“What are you doing?” I asked sitting cross legged on his bed.

“I love how forward you are, Bleu” He grinned, “We, my friend, are doing what all delinquents do”

“Huh?”

“We’re about to do one of the most bad ass things this earth has yet to witness” He nodded typing his password in.

“We’re about to download music…illegally” AS if I were imagining it, Seth added a ‘dun dun dun’ to the end of his sentence.

“You’re kidding” I said shaking my head, “I’m perfectly fine using the ITunes Store for all of my musical needs”

“You probably listen to stupid music anyways” Seth shrugged dropping into his rolly chair.

“What’s with you and all the insults?” I shrieked.

“It’s not an insult. It’s a prejudgment”

“I listen to great music” I pouted.

“What are you into?”

“I’m into light and alt pop, I guess. One republic, Emili Sande, Walk off the Earth, Adele, Phoenix, Neon trees, and Passion pit” I listed, “Stuff like that”

“Not bad” He nodded in appreciation.

“How about you?” I asked.

“Anything with a hook” He shrugged, “I’ll listen to anything from the Arctic Monkeys to Drake and Martin Garrix. I really don’t care, just as long as it sounds good to me”

“Come here” He said gently looking over at me. I jumped off his bed and made my way over to his desk..

“I don’t bite, Bleu” He laughed noticing how far I stood from him.

“You don’t do cannibalism, I remember” I said awkwardly.

“I’m not going to kill you” He rolled his eyes and grabbed my arm, pulling me onto his lap. I sat there and gulped.

 “You’re allowed to breath” he whispered into my neck. I physically shivered and let out the breath I had been holding.

“Just do one song” He said looking at the screen, “Your pick”

“I hope we don’t go to jail for this” I said afraid.

“You’ve gotta be kidding me, Bleu”

“Fine” I took a deep breath and typed a song into the search bar.

“We own the night” Seth read and smiled, “Click away”

“I…I feel so bad” I breathed after we had downloaded about five songs.

“Oh God” Seth laughed and regarded me sadly, “You obviously don’t get out enough”

“I really don’t” I concluded taking that as my opportunity to get off his lap. I couldn’t deny the electricity that was coursing through my body.

“Part deux” Seth said getting off his chair and moving to his closet. He produced a small white bag and threw it at me.

“What is…” I let out a hoarse laugh as I took in the contents of the box.

 “What do you think?” Seth asked me an hour later as we both crowded around the mirror in the bathroom.

“It…It looks good” I said with a small smile. I stared at the strip of vibrant green that decorated the side of my hair, opposite my bangs, and smiled, “it looks really good”

“You’re welcome” Seth shrugged pulling the gloves off. I had been too scared to do it myself, so I begged him to dye the small patch of hair.

“I can’t believe this” I laughed lightly.

“Believe what?” Seth asked.

This. I would have never done anything like this back home”

“Good thing you have me” He said gently. I looked into the mirror and found his eyes on me, unblinking.

“It looks good” He cleared his throat and looked away, “You’re probably tired. Get some sleep”

“Thanks” I said quietly nodding and leaving the bathroom.

I almost didn’t catch what he said next.

“We make a good team”

............................................................................................................................................................................... 

I made sure to stay hidden in my room all day to avoid any awkward Seth run ins. I couldn’t stop mulling over what he had said last night and was afraid that I was either, reading into it too much or not reading into it enough.

“Hey mom” I yawned walking into the kitchen. It was about eight PM and I noticed that she had lit a candle.

“It’s just me” I heard a familiar monotone voice and almost jumped, “Your mom left a bit ago with your brother and sister”

“Sam”

“Yeah” she nodded holding a steaming mug to her lips.

“When’d you get here?” I asked trying to make small talk.

“Thirty minutes ago”

“That’s cool” I mumbled grabbing an apple from the fruit basket on the island.

“Cool hair” she said with a small smile.

I fingered the green strip gingerly and quirked my lips in a grin.

“Thanks”

In all honesty, I didn’t understand how to act around her. Seth was dating her under false pretenses, which I was sure she didn’t know about, and I felt icky.

“WHATS FOR DINNER!” a loud voice boomed.

We both turned to find, a bare chested, Seth run into the kitchen.

“Oh” He said, his mouth making a perfect O.

“Hey, Seth” Sam said moving over to him. Hooking a pinky through the loop of his jeans, she pulled him down to her level and planted a deep kiss on his lips. I noticed Seth’s eyebrows raise in surprise as he kissed her back with his hands placed gently on her shoulders. I didn’t know whether to look away or not, so I stood awkwardly organizing the contents of the fruit basket.

“Uhm, hey” Seth said once they finally broke apart. His green eyes found mine, hastily, and I did everything I could to look away.

“You guys need to show me Maine” Sam suggested turning to look at me with a quirk of her pierced eyebrow.

“I have, uhm, a lot of studying to do” I mumbled.

“Over the summer?”

“Yeah, it’s extra credit and everything” I stumbled looking to Seth for help. I didn’t want to hang out with the guy I was head over heels for and his girlfriend, albeit the relationship being organized and whatnot.

“Stop being a stick in the mud” Sam rolled her eyes, “You’re coming and that’s it”

“Are you sure? I remember last night Trish wasn’t feeling too good” Seth began, “I don’t want her to get sick again yknow?”

“She can get sick amongst the town drunks” Sam shrugged, “Tonight’s karaoke night at ‘Ye Town Bar’”

“You totally just made that name up” Seth grinned.

“I promise you I didn’t” Sam laughed making her way to the living room, leaving us alone, “I’m giving you thirty minutes to get ready!” She hollered.

“What do I do?” I hissed at Seth.

 “Quick! Throw some oatmeal and mustard in your mouth” He whispered back as he began rummaging through the cupboard.

“For what?”

“Fake vomit, idiot” He found the oatmeal and opened the fridge for mustard.

“I’m not fake vomiting”

“Yes you will” he mumbled finding the mustard and looking at me quickly, “Open up”

“I’m not putting that nonsense in my mouth for your benefit!” I hissed.

“It’s for your benefit” He said looking around making sure Sam wasn’t there, “She can be a bit much…besides, I doubt you want to hang around with us especially knowing the ‘real deal’”

I was about to reply when I heard the unmistakable thumping that were Sam’s boots.

“Are you guys still here? Go get ready!”

“Trish’s feeling a little under the weather” Seth said coming close to me with a worried expression, “It could’ve been the sirloin from last night. I think it’s giving her the runs”

“I don’t have the runs” I said giving him the evil eye. He, stupidly, took that as a chance to make another joke.

“Diarrhea is nothing to be ashamed of, Bleu”

“Who’s Bleu?” Sam wondered with a confused smile.

“Oh, it’s my middle name” I said looking at her.

“Oh, do you prefer being called by that or?” Sam inquired.

“No one really calls me that besides this log, over here” I realized, too late, that that probably wasn’t the best thing to say in front of a guy’s girlfriend.

“Oh” She said looking at me with a blank look.

“Yeah, so…I’ll take Trish upstairs and make sure she’s fine before we leave” Seth said into the silence.

“Aw, ever the southern gentleman you were raised to be” Sam said never keeping her eyes off me. I looked to Seth, whose face, was now as white as a sheet.

“Southern gentleman?” I laughed slowly.

“Yeah, Seth, over here, is quite the country bumpkin” Sam said conversationally, “He shows a lot of hometown pride”

“I thought you were born in Chicago and moved out to LA with your mom” I asked him. He literally looked like a deer caught in headlights.

“Chicago? Oh, no! Seth was born in Dallas, Texas. I thought you knew” I could tell by her tone that she knew for a fact that I didn’t.

“Why’d you tell me Chicago?”

“I…Uh…It” Seth stuttered.

I looked at him as a light bulb went off in my head. He had lied. For what, I wasn’t sure.

“On the second thought, Sam, I’m feeling much better” I smiled thinly.

“Are you sure, Trish?” Seth asked blinking.

“Of course, Seth! I would love to come out with you and your gorgeous girlfriend” I smiled trailing out of the kitchen, to my room.

“What the~” I hissed as I was pushed against the wall near my room. He had his hands gently, but firmly, holding my hands over my head as his body pressed against mine, keeping me in place.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Seth said inches from my face. For the first time ever, I noticed he was angry.

“Whats wrong Seth?” I said feigning stupidity.

“Why are you coming?” He said his green eyes boring into mine. His breath smelt of mint and I couldn’t deny how bad I wanted to kiss him.

“I’m a bored girl looking for some fun” I shrugged.

“We both know that’s not why”

“You do know that this close proximity would pose a serious problem to me if you had halitosis?” I said conversationally.

“Wait, what?” He said confused.

“Halitosis is~”

“I know what it friggin is, Trish. Stop playing stupid, you know there’s a specific reason I don’t want you tagging along”

“And why’s that? So I won’t feel like the third wheel?” I asked.

“Yes~”

“Or so I won’t spill your little secret?” I spat. Seth looked down at me confused and his eyes softened as he registered my words.

“Trish I would never~”

“I guess we’ll just have to see” I said taking it as a moment as any to slide under his, now, loose arms, into my room, and close the door.

“Sam’s giving us ten minutes” Seth said through my door. I tried to ignore the way his voice sounded, like he was deflated or something, and focused on something cute to wear.

“Trish…please don’t do anything stupid” I heard him say gently.

“I guess we’ll just have to see” I said again.

Maybe secrets were best shared?

METAPHORICAL 'DUN DUN DUN' LOL ! VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE GUYS ! I JUST REALIZED THAT 'ALONG CAME SETH' IS NOW #580 ON THE HUMOUR CHARTS! THAT HONESTLY MEANS TONS TO ME AND I'M SO THANKFUL YOU GUYS LIKE THIS BOOK :0

S.O.T.D: TEAM BY LORDE > ABSOLUTELY ADORE HER! 

PS., RESPECT THE ARTIST AND BUY THE ALBUMS :) I DON'T CONDONE ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS...UNLESS YOUR A BAD ASS, IN WHICH CASE I CAN'T STOP YOU.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 35.4K 42
"You make me want to do things to you." He mumbles, his brown eyes never straying from mine. "What?" I whisper, nervous yet at the same time my hear...
329K 10.5K 51
"Everyone has their own bubble. They get wrapped up in their own lives, tangling certain people up with them in their maybe perfect life. Or maybe th...
87.7M 1.9M 47
#1 in Young Adult #9 in Badboy #1 in Cold #3 in Goodgirl #1 in Sweetheart #14 in Love *Currently available at Amazon!!!* He'd never met someone with...
2.2M 52.7K 39
[COMPLETE!] "My best friend's brother grew up. Hot." Alexis is months from finishing college and starting a fashion label in New York. Years of plann...