The Alpha's Mark

By CeCeAnnT

Ray's messed up. In all ways possible. But she has a reason to be, right? No place to go. No shoulder to cry... More

The Alpha's Mark
Better Kiss My Ass Goodbye.
A Storm Of Confusion.
The Nerve Of Him.
Misunderstood.
A Fist Full Of Love.
Self Control.
Gage's Psychotic Girlfriend.
Who The Hell Is Avery?
Setting Myself Up For Disaster.
Food Fight!
Poisonous Kisses.
Marked.
Dead End.
Finding Dustin.
A Different Side Of Gage.
If Looks Could Kill.
Dinner With The Greens.
Music To My Ears.
Hello, Temptation.
Over Protective, Much?
Coming Undone.
The Date.
Where Loyalty Lies.
Decisions.
Ava Returns.
Too Close For Comfort.
Fighting To Be Free.
Epilogue.
Finding Dustin - Spin off!

Friend or Foe?

113K 1.4K 246
By CeCeAnnT

------------------------

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED.

--------------------

        After my whole self discovery shit, we returned back to the pack house. With Dustin. Who explained everything to everyone. They were all shocked. Worried. And well, pissed. Zeke even went as far to lunge for Dustin. Probably to strangle him. Luckily, Gage had caught him in time and said, "If anybody is going to kill Green, it's gonna be me."

I rolled my eyes at the remark. And listened intently of all of Decklin's deviant plans revealed. Yeah, most of the pack was pretty tough and stuff, but rogue's? Really? They were just crazy. And most of the pack, even though they were experienced with the fighting area, weren't with rogue's. They were just too blood thirsty to predict their next hit. So training was forced down our throats, pretty much.

Not that I objected. I couldn't shift without going psycho. Instead I was going to be working with weapons, while everyone was shifting, when I told them I wasn't going to be shifting, Zeke asked, "Why not?"

"Because I don't shift." I said. I didn't cower away from his intense gaze. He probably expected me to since he raised his eyebrows at me.

"Ah, so I see you've gone into little tough girl act." Zeke laughed. I didn't.

"Think what you please." I shrugged, turning away from him and that was the end of our brief conversation.

But others weren't as pleased as me with training. It's because of the cabin trip. It had been postponed till next week, although there was school all next week. Gage said he'd get us out of somehow. I didn't doubt him one bit when he said that.

That night, even with his protest, I moved back into my room. I couldn't be any where near him with being tempted to be with him.

I was pleased with my changes at the end of the day.

That night, as I fell into sleep and into a horrible nightmare, I realized how much Gage's presence had just hushed the bad dreams, the.. Voice. He had some affect that washed away any darkness. But for this dream,  I wasn't the murderer. Decklin was.

"Don't!" I cried, "Don't kill him! It's me, you want, don't you?"

Decklin currently had Gage under him, his powerful jaw around Gage's snout, biting down till it leaked crimson blood that coated his midnight hair.

I know Decklin can't answer  me. Since he's in wolf form, and I'm not. He seems to bark something to Gage, probably a threat, since Gage shifts back to his human form. Only in a pair of ripped jeans and shirt. Decklin does the same.

For a minute a spark of hope fills me, because I'm armed, and it's easier to attack him in human form, then it is in wolf form. But it soon fades when I recognize another face. Dustin.

He's on the ground right next to Gage, pushed onto his knees as a man holds a knife to his neck. "Give me the knife, Connor. Grab the girl and make sure she doesn't run. You too, Jay."

Both men strut over to me. And I have about five seconds to run. But just like that day in the wood when I said my good byes to my parents, I realized I couldn't. So I'm grabbed on both side's of my arms and dragged. I thrash and let out screams till I'm pushed down onto my knees right in front of me.

"It's going to be okay, Ray."  Gage tried to reassure me, but it didn't help. I was beyond scared. Because Decklin, crazy Decklin, held the life of the two people I loved more then anything, in the palm of his hands.

"We'll get out of this. Don't worry." Dustin added to his words, probably trying to calm me down.

"I'm so sorry," I cried, feeling something warm and wet slide down my face. I recongize it as tears, something I haven't done in so long.

Decklin let's out a laugh-- Or what I classify as a cackle-- as he waves the knife between Gage and Dustin. "But which when do you feel more sorry for? Tell you what, I'll be nice. Pick one. Pick Gage, or Dustin, and I'll let them live. Well, long enough to let them die with you."

Nice? That was his definition of being nice? You're a sick fucker, Decklin, I curse mentally. More tears pool in my eyes as I look between the two. He wants me to pick? Between Dustin and Gage? I shake my head and choke out a, "I can't."

"Really, Ray?" He crouches down to where his face at my side. I can feel his heavy breathing on my ear. I'm disgusted. More then disgusted. Horrified. "God, it's like time repeating himself! With Alexander, my dad, and Avery. But this time, history won't repeat. Guess I'll have to pick for you."

He edges closer to Gage. Pressing the knife to his throat. Gage let's out a struggled breath. "Stop!" I demand, "Don't touch him!" I hissed, fighting the arms that pinned me down. I'm able to wiggle my way out of their grip and I jump, turning and throwing my leg, aiming for the head of one. Success. I land a blow to one other heads when one grips me and presses me to their front. I elbow him in the stomach, causing him to gasp and release me momentarily. It gives me a opening and I turn swiftly, throwing a punch. I feel hear a satisfying crunch under my fist and he's down for the count.

That's when the other dude, who has picked himself up from the ground reaches for me. I dodge. And pull the dagger out from my boot and send it into his gut as he charges at me. He falls to the ground. Limp. Lifeless.

I don't stop to realize what I've done. I have to much at stake to worry about how I had just killed someone. I turn swiftly, holding the dagger defensively in front of me. He claps, and laughs. Amused. "Well, well, I don't give you as much credit as I should. But let's really see if you have true skill." With that, he lunges. I admit, he catches me off guard, but I'm quick enough to jump out of the way before he can kill me.

He swigs again at me crazily, I catch his arm and kick him in the stomach, sending him stumbling back. He catches himself before falls. "Ah, nice. Very nice." He praises. Then he runs at me, and I do the same, swinging my knife.

I'm able to aviod contact with him when he catches my hand with the dagger. He's about to plunge the knife into my stomach when I smash my head against his. Sending him back again. My head hurts like a bitch, but I'm pleased when I see blood dribble from his nose. I must have hit him there, I think.

"Bitch!" He spats and swings enough to catch my hair that whooshes around me as I try to aviod the hit. A strand of blue hair floats ground. He had cut off my hair!

The next hit I'm not able to dodge, the knife skims my side, digging into my flesh. I refuse to let out a cry. I mask it, covering my free hand over it for a minute, rubbing the blood on my shirt.

He swings again and I dive onto the ground to where I'm in range of knees. I stab my knife into his leg. He let's out a cry as he falls to the ground on his knees. I hold the knife to his throat. Digging in into the tender flesh. It doesn't stop him. He dives on top of me, knocking the knife out of my hand in the process. I'm weaponless, in other words, hopeless. He holds the knife to my throat. And I'm trapped under him.

"Ray!" Gage let's out a scream, and in the corner of my eye, I see the other mutt's holding both of them. Their just as vulnerable as me.

"Any last words?" He taunted. I gritted my teeth.

"Burn. In. Hell." I hissed, before slamming my knee into his growing. He let's out a cry and releases me to where I roll over on top of him and yank the knife away from his hand and point it right at his throat. He grips my hand as I try to force it down into him. It's one of the rogue's voice that distract me.

"Make one more move and I'll kill them. Both of them!" I whipped my head around so fast, my hair sticking to my face from the sweat.

I notice the fatal flaw of my mistake as I feel the knife plunge into my stomach. Nothing comes out of me at first. It's because I'm caught off guard. My hand flies instinctively to my stomach, where the knife is embedded.

Decklin flips me over to where I'm under him. Helpless. He wrench's the knife out of my stomach. Now a sound leaves my mouth, a blood curling scream. I grip at my stomach, trying to stop the blood. But it's hopeless. The familiar crimson red blood coats my hands and forearms.

I'm going to die. I'm going to die.

I see Decklin's taunting smile above my face. He laughs and stares at me while reaching up and running the blood covered knife down my cheek. I let out struggled breaths, gripping at the wound that has marked me for death. I don't know what to do. I stare up into the sky, till my head rolls to the side, seeing Gage thrashing like a manic. Dustin's quiet as he stares. But I can see the horror in his eyes. We all know I'm on the brink of death, I probably have minutes left of life. Seconds, even.

"Ray!" Gage screamed. It's scary how high pitched it sounds. Like nails being run down a chalkboard. "Don't die," He pleaded. I open my mouth to say something, but nothing comes out. I know I'm going to die, and I just wish Decklin would plunge the knife into my heart so it's quick. He doesn't. He watches me struggle for breath. He likes it.

Kill me! I mentally scream, although I know he can't hear me. For once in my life, I beg for death to take me quickly. Painless. It doesn't.

I lay in a puddle of my own blood, Decklin watching, along with Dustin and Gage. I can hear their screams of horror. Their curses. But all of it seems to fade away and the only thing I'm focusing on is Gage's eyes. His glassy eyes. His lips move, probably screaming my name. I can do nothing but stare at him. I can feel myself slipping away. My vision begins to spot till the only thing I can see is his blue eyes. My heartbeat slows. And then.. everything just goes black.

 I woke up with a jolt, clenching a hand over my heart as if it was all real. And for a minute, I believe it was. But there's no wound. Or blood. Which means all of it was a dream. A horrible, horrible dream.

I run a hand through my hair. Stop it. It was a dream. Just a dream. I think, warily.

Although I don't believe it myself completely. What if that actually happened? What if I died? I won't allow it. I am not going to die. And if I am, I'm for sure as hell not gonna let Decklin be my murderer.

I raised myself up from the bed, untangling myself from the sheets that are wrapped around my body and make my way to the bathroom. I switched on the light and immediately looked into the mirror.

The girl in the reflection looked tired. Distraught. I raised up my hand, the girl mimicking my movement, and pushed my snagged curls back into a high pony tail.

I washed my face, brushed my teeth and got dressed in a pair of black jeans, combat boots, and a plain navy blue long sleeved shirt that I rolled up.

As I walked out the door of my room, I glanced towards the clock on my night stand. It's 6 AM and the sun is only beginning to rise, which means most of the pack are still asleep.

 I made way out of the room and down the stairs. I stopped by the kitchen momentarily, grabbing a apple while exiting the house. Gage had said he'd get us out of school for the day, so what was the point in sticking around for the morning?

The first place that came to mind is the river. It might be the place where Decklin threatened my life, but it was still my place. And I wasn't going to let him scare me away from it.

So I go there.

Take a seat in front of the river and lean back in the grass, watching the sky turn from black to a orange. I marvel and take it all in as I munch on my apple. Of course, the peace I felt was quickly disturbed.

"What are you doing?"

I don't need to look up to know It's Gage. I could hear is heavy footsteps as he approaches me. And I see his face pop up. Hovering over me. While also blocking my view of the sky.

"You're blocking the view. Move, would you?"

His eyebrows furrowed before tittling his head to the sky, a smile appearing on his face. "I never took you for a sunset watching girl."

"Yeah, well you don't know a lot of things about me."

He scuffed and rest himself next time, instead of laying down, he sits and presses his knees to his chest also resting his arms lazily over them. "What don't I know about you?"

I shrugged. "Like my favorite food."

"Easy. It's mushroom pizza."

I snapped my head to the side, scrunching my forward in confusion. "How do you know that?"

He glances down at me. "You told me. On our date."

"Oh," Is the only thing I'm able to say. He laughs at that.

I jutted out my leg, landing a kick to his calf. "Shut up." I commanded. It just makes him laugh harder.

"Somebody's violent, huh? Must have been that dream you had that put you on edge."

My eyes widen at his accusation. My dream? How the hell did he know about my dream? It causes me to shoot up from my previous position and narrow my green eyes at him. "How do you know about my dream?"

"I heard you," He said, gazing at the rushing water. "Last night, I mean. You were thrashing about and stuff. I could even feel your anger and fear. What was it about?"

"Decklin," I answered with no hesitation. "It was.. crazy. The dream, I mean. You were there. So was Dustin. Me and Decklin were fighting. Then it all just went.. black."

Gage doesn't make a sound for a minute or two. He just plucks at the grass and tosses stones in the river till he finally says, "Are you scared?"

I don't need to ask to know what he's talking about. "Yes."

"You're not going to die. None of us our."

I shook my head, pressing my lips together. "How do you know that?" I looked over at him, searching his face for something to leave me to believe he's just saying that to make me feel better. But there's nothing. He looks so.. serious.

He turned to me and right away, I see the smirk slip onto his lips. "Because I'm Gage damn Bardsley."

I laughed. I couldn't stop it. And I hate that. I quickly clamp a hand over my mouth. And fight off the laugh that crawls up my throat. "Nice reason." I said, but it comes out muffled.

This amuses Gage, since he chuckles slightly and removes the hand away from my mouth. "Seriously though, It's going to be okay. It always is in the end." He looked so sincere that I can't help but believe him. He gives a reassuring smile before running the tip of his fingers across my cheek bone.

I leaned into his touch for a minute. Enjoying him and the sun on my skin. Then I realize I'm supposed to be fighting off boys. Not letting myself grow close to one. I slide myself farther away from him and abandon his touch. He frowned.

"Is it a crime for wanting to touch you?"

"Yes, especially when the person doesn't want to be touched." I replied, focusing my eyes back on the water.

"That's why you were just leaning into my touch, sure. What's the problem, now?"

"I don't have one." I said and lifted myself from the ground. "What time are we training?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

He shook his head as he stares up at me before standing up as well. "Look, I know what I did yesterday was.. Well, wrong? Is that the right word? I don't know. But I know you are your own person. And I just got stupid. And over protective. And I'm-"

I cut him off quickly. "You're making this a lot harder then It needs to be."

He looked at me, confusion clearly written on his face. He removed my hand from his mouth. "Then what needs to be?"

"When I ran away yesterday, I ran back to my pack house. I.. went back to my old house and promised to become a better me. And I can't do that with stupid boys in my life."

At first, he frowned. Then he ended up pursing his lips at me. "You think I'm stupid?"

I shook my head at him and rolled my eyes. "That's all you got from that sentence?"

"Well, yeah." He nodded his head. "Because we both know me, AKA stupid boy, is not going anywhere. Sorry to disappoint you, but you can't butt me out of your life."

I cocked a eyebrow at him. "Says who?"

He smirked, crossing his arms over his chest. "Says me. I'm one persistent basterd, but I think you know what by now. I'm not gonna give up on you, Ray. And secretly, you don't want me to."

I scuffed, and turned away from him. "You're so full of yourself." Then I began walking back to the pack house. I could hear him laugh behind me, seconds later, he appears by my side, throwing his arm over my shoulders.

"And that, is another feature you adore of me. My cockiness just makes you like me more."

"I don't like you." I said, way too quickly and defensively. I make sure to back up my words so I shrug his arm off my shoulder and quicken my pace to where I'm many steps ahead of him.

"Aw, don't be like that, Ray Ray!"

"Don't call me that." I glared over my shoulder at him. He just smiles. Asshole.

                        It takes everyone another two hours just to wake up and get dressed. Two. Freakin'. Hours. I almost felt like I was the only one taking this seriously. Did they not realize our life's were on the line? Apparently not.

Not to mention, it took Dustin another thirty minutes just to get to the house. I was ready to go find him and kick his ass when the doorbell rang.

"Finally!" I shouted and swung up the door to reveal a nervous looking Dustin. "Took you long enough."

He chuckles and rubs the back of his neck, "Yeah. Sorry about that. I was trying to find a excuse to get away from him."

"Him? Meaning Decklin?"

"Who else would I be talking about?" He retorted, sarcastically. And steps into the house. I glared at the back of his head and shut the door behind him.

"I don't know. You said, 'him' so I wasn't sure. Excuse me if I'm not a mind reader." I snapped, and edged around him.

Just a few minutes ago I was hoping he'd come, now all I wanted was for him to disappear. But could you blame me? Dustin had betrayed me. Coaxed me into believing he was my friend, when all he was just.. Setting me up for my death, I guess.

A liar. That's what he was. And I couldn't stand to look him in the eye without being sick. But I realized I'm no better then him. I've done things I'm not proud of. So who am I to judge?

Dustin lied to me. I had every damn right to be angry, then again.

I shook my head, why do I care? I don't. I won't. Right now, I couldn't stand the thought of boys. All I wanted - No, craved - was to take down Decklin. And I surely can't do that with either Gage or Dustin on my mind.

Decklin Green was the only boy I needed to have on my mind.

"Dustin, morning." A voice greeted in a friendly voice. It was Gabby, no doubt. "Do you want something to eat or...?" The questions hangs in the air, and I glance back at Dustin to see him shaking his head.

"Ugh, no. I'm fine."

I can't help but notice how.. Pretty, Gabby looks this morning with a fitting pair of jeans, blouse, and high heels while her hair was curled. I wonder what she had gotten so dressed up for.

Dustin, perhaps.

Even though that thought occurred, I wasn't angry. I had no right to be angry about what Dustin did with Gabby. That was their business. Not mine.

"Where's Gage?" I questioned. Gabby opened her mouth to speak, when Gage came pounding down the stairs.

"Speak of the devil," Dustin muttered. I ignored it. And scolded Gage.

"Are we gonna do this or not?"

"Yes, calm yourself." He mumbles, before turning back towards the stairs and shouting, "Get your asses down here!"

 I gritted my teeth as I glared at Gage's back, "Thanks. Now I think I've gone deaf."

He looks back at me with a grin on his face. "You're welcome."

I rolled my eyes and bumped shoulders with Dustin as I exited the house. Gabby and Dustin followed behind me, along with Gage.

The pack piles out of the house, groaning and moaning about how early it was. I don't pay attention, I just let Gage take charge. "Alright, everyone, let's get to shifting and head off towards the clearing. Okay?"

They groggily nod and begin to shift. The sound of cracking bones sickens me to a point where my stomach lurches. I glance away from them, desperate to get out of there. I walk, getting ahead of everyone.

I can hear the thuds of paws coming down on the earth. They all trail behind me. Some even race ahead of me, nipping at each other's heels.

Everyone makes it to the clearing before me. But it's only natural. Since their in wolf form and I'm not.

I spot Gage easily, since he appears to be the only black wolf of the pack. He seems to be speaking to all of them, since their ears pick up and they stare at him.

A minute later, he shifts, appearing back in human form in one piece. "Let's start pairing up, shall we?"

He starts putting everyone together. Gabby with Chloe. Chase with Ethan. Elli with Zeke. And so on. When he's done, it's only done to me and one golden wolf. I recognize who it is immediately. Dustin. Seeing him in wolf form just confirms the worst of my fears.

I look away till I can't stand the sight of him. Again, the sickening feeling creeps up on me. "Ray and Dustin, guess you'll be partners. Are you sure you don't want to shift? It'll be easier."

I rapidly shake my head. "No. No. I'm fine. Just.. What do I fight with?"

"Gabby gave me this before we walked out of the house," He explains as he reaches into his pocket and tosses me the mysterious item. "A switch blade. I thought you'd be fine fighting by hand, since you're pretty strong in human form, but hey whatever get's the job done, right? Be careful with it, though. Don't want Dustin getting hurt, do we?" He eyes the golden wolf with a grim smile.

"No, of course not," I murmered and flipped out the blade. I examine it for a minute. I wonder if this is the knife I used in the dream.

It was just a dream, I remind myself. And let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. I look towards Dustin, who saunters over to where I am and nuzzles my hand.

I snatch my hand away quickly. Acting as if he's burnt me.

Even though he's in wolf form, I can tell he isn't pleased by my actions. Since he stares up at me with blue eyes.

"Now's the time not to be getting all nice with me," I said.  "We're supposed to be fighting. So get in position, will you?"

I backed away from him, getting in a fair distance of him while twirling the blade around my fingers. When I had gotten good with handling a knife?

You're natural born killer, it seems.

Fuck. That voice. My wolf. It's back. Just a few days ago, I was fine. Now it's acting up again. I feel more then crazy at the moment. But I shake it off, convince myself it's nothing and get in fight stance. I make a, 'Come on' motion with my hands.

Dustin seems to stare at me for a minute, probably pulling himself together before he attacks. He charges finally, shooting off at me. I admit, I'm not prepared for one bit when he comes barrelling at me.

I barely make it out of the way. I watch as he flies by me. Stopping, then turning. He comes at me again, this time, I'm not able to jump and he comes jumping up on his hind legs at me. I don't fall back as he uses all his force to impact me.

I try to get him on the ground as he does the same to me. But it's hard when I'm holding a knife in my free hand. I lift my foot up, sending a kick to his stomachs. It's enough to knock him out of breath. And I hurriedly get him to the ground to where I'm on top of him, my stomach pressed to his back. As soon as I'm on him, is as soon as I'm gone and on my back.

It's a lot more changeling then I thought. Wrestling back and forth with him. I find myself stuck. Unsure, even. Because Dustin is so much stronger then me. Because I'm not in wolf form. But I try. I try and get him to a place where I can press the blade to his throat. It never happens.

I grew frustrated by the third time of sparing. I feel so frustrated that I even contemplate really using the blade.

"Why don't you try fighting in human form, yeah?" Gage suggested. Dustin agreed to it before I could.

He appeared in front of me normal again. And here we are, circling one another. Even though I'm glad we're both in human form, I know it won't be like this when it really comes down to it. And that scares me.

I don't have time to let the thought over take me since Dustin is running at me. I meet him with a signature kick to the stomach. Then a uppercut to the chin.

He stumbled, but quickly recovers and is back at me. Throwing punches that I deflect easily. I'm able to catch one of his fist in my hands and I twist his arm, turning him to where it's behind his back. I pressed the throat to his neck.

You might as well kill him now. Remember, Ray, he lied to you. He betrayed you. What happens if he's really still helping Decklin? What if this is just another plan? Kill him while you can. Do it.

For a mere matter of seconds, I imagine Decklin in my grips. Not Dustin. I shook my head again, It's not Decklin. It's Dustin.

Dustin takes the opportunity to snatch the blade from me. Then turns around so quickly that I barely have time to register what's happened.

He pushes me to the ground, straddling me to where he holds the blade to my neck. My breathing is erratic as my eyes dart from the blade to his eyes. Is he going to kill me? For a minute, I really do think he's going to slit my throat, but he doesn't. He just stabs the knife into the dirt and smiles at me.

"I win."

I hold in the sigh of relief and force a smile at him. I can't believe I actually thought he'd kill me. This is Dustin. Not Decklin. "Yup. Now get off me."

"Why? I quite like this position." He wiggled his eyebrows at me suggestively and I can't help but laugh. This is the Dustin I like.

"Pervert. Get off me."

He smiled at me and grabbed my hands, pinning them down softly into the ground. "Why?" He breathed, his face inching closer to mine. I hold my breath, is he going to kiss me? I'm not sure if I want him to do so or not.

But as I think of him kissing me, the thought seems... Weird. Almost wrong. Gage seemed to agree, since he wrenches Dustin off of me.

"Don't even try it, Green."

Dustin just gives up a innocent smile. "Try what oh dear Gage?"

"Oh dear Gage?" I laughed and boosted myself from where I rested on my elbows. "Cute. Maybe I'll start calling you that, Gage."

"It's cute when you say it, not when he does." He glared at Dustin before he released him from the collar of his shirt.

"Aw, is someone jealous that they might have competition?" Dustin taunted, that same goofy grin on his face.

Gage scoffed. "I'd hardly consider your competition, Green."

"Hello? I'm standing right here. Or well, laying." I muttered the last part and hold out a hand. "Help me up."

Dustin's the one who beats Gage to catch. He gripped my hand and pulled me up, before slinging me over his shoulder.

"Dustin!" I shrieked, hitting his back. "Put me down!" He doesn't. Instead he runs away from Gage. Carrying me deeper into the forest.

"Put her down, Green! I swear I'll kick your ass!" Gage yelled after us. Dustin just waves a hand over his shoulder with his shoulder.

I was laughing my head off as he continued to run, making me jolt. "Where are you taking me?" Surely not to Decklin to kill me.. right?

"To my old tree house." He answered. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Old tree house?" Suddenly, he puts me on the ground before pointing to what appears to be.. Well, a tree house. A beaten up one at that.

"Yeah," He nodded. His eyes twinkling. "My dad built it before my dad left to find Avery."

"He built a tree house in the middle of the woods?" I pushed myself up from the ground and examined it more closely. The thing looked ragged. With some boards hanging and a white linen draped half over it.

"May seem a little weird, but we all spent a lot times here in the forest," He walked over to the tree, running his hand across the bark while staring up at me. "I remember one time we found a homeless person in it. I think it's because we didn't come back for five days so he thought nobody used it."

"Creepy," I mumbled. "Did you scream when you saw him?"

"Of course! I think Decklin even kicked him. Poor guy." Dustin frowned. "I told him he could stay in it. I think I even brought him some food once."

"Didn't your parents ever teach you not to talk to strangers?" I teased with a grin.

"I was like ten years old. I never knew bad people ever existed in the world. Nor that one was living in my home."

"Are you talking about Decklin?"

 "Who else would I be talking about?" He mocked from earlier today, flashing me a smile over his shoulder. I glared at him and realize, what am I doing talking to him? Aren't I - we - supposed to be training? And aren't not supposed to be letting boys close to me, yet I just let him carry me here? God I am horrible about keeping on task. But could you blame! They were two cute boys! You can't just rule them out your life. Although I wish I could.

"Aren't we supposed to be back where everyone else is? Training?" I asked, echoing my thoughts. Dustin shrugged.

"I thought it would be a nice break. Since I whooped you pretty badly back there I wanted to give you a break."

Even if it's intended to be a joke, I still frowned. I can't help thinking if that were real back. I'd be dead. Not standing here laughing with Dustin about some hobo that was in his tree house. The thought scared me. Then again, anything that has to with Decklin scares me. Because I know he can kill me. Because I know he wants to.

I shut my eyes. I know I can't fight him in human form. I know I'd have.. Shift. That thought scares me more. I'd probably hurt more then just the rogue's Decklin was collecting.

But what other choice do I have? Stay normal or die? Or go wolf form, live, and kill others? Maybe I could concur that raging side of me. I could even learn to live with it! The thought gives me hope. Even if it's just false.

"Sorry," He said, recognizing my sudden silence. "It was supposed to be a joke."

"It's not that." I said, with a sigh. "I'm just..." I trailed off, unsure of how to put my emotions into words. They were all so scattered.

"Stupid?" Dustin suggested, with a small smirk on his lips. I glared at him.

"I'm not stupid." I said, quite defensively.

"You are. For worrying about Decklin. You need to relax. Or else you'll never be able to live your life."

"Yeah," I nodded, but can't help but add, "If I have a life to live in two weeks, that is." He gives me a gentle shove with at that comment. I laughed.

"Can I ask you something?" Dustin asked abruptly, his eyes glued to my face.

I shrugged and kick around some leaves on the ground. "Sure, why not?"

"Do you like me?"

The question makes me inhale a sharp breath. And I find myself lost for words. And nervous. I licked my suddenly dry lips, shuffling around a bit."I.. I don't know. I mean, I have feelings for you, but I-"

"Like Gage more." He answered for me. A sad smile etching the curve of his lips. "It's okay. I know you guys are mates."

I stared at him like he had three heads. "How?" I don't even bother to hide it. I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now.

"I always knew you were his to have. Or take. It's obvious by the way he looks at you. And the way you look at him. Also, no offense, you're crappy at hiding his scent on you. I think everyone else here knows. They're just scared to say it."

"I'm not anyone's to have. Or take." I said, "I'm my own person."

"I know. That's why I thought - think - I have a chance with you. Plus, you have this bad girl vibe about you. So maybe you'll do the defiant thing and pick me." He grinned at me. "And you just admitted you have feelings for me. Totally have a shot."

I rolled my eyes, shoving him. "Yeah, yeah. Now let's go." I tugged his arm, dragging him along with me as we make our way back to the river.

We walked back in silence. And I'm glad for that. Because I'm not so sure I can talk with Dustin's words playing over and over again in my head.

                We trained the whole night practically. And also the next day, Wednesday. The only thing that was different is that we all attended school. Gage and Dustin even managed to sit at a table with each other without killing one another.

We figured if we're gonna work as a team, we might as well act like one. Gabby even talked about putting back on their plans to go to the cabin.

"Please, we can train their too! And just in case Decklin decided to do something stupid, we could hide out there." I remember her say at lunch, practically pleading.

Everybody else seemed to agree. All nodding eagerly. "I don't know.." Gage said hesitantly. Gabby gave him her signature puppy dog eyes.

"Please. You'll even get to see Ray in a bikini! It's a win, win!"

"Hey!" I shouted, "Don't bring me and my body into this."

"Well," He drawled, "That does sound good."

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest. "Just for that, I'm not ever wearing a bikkni."

"Shush!" Gabby playfully hissed at me, before turning back to Gage with a smile. "Yes she will. So, can we?"

He sighed, then nodded. Causing everyone to jump around frantically. "But everyone has to be up early and keep on schedule."

"Yeah, whatever!" Gabby agreed, although I'm not really sure she was paying attention. She was too busy already thinking of what bathing suit to wear. I even managed a smile before turning to Dustin to ask if he was tagging along.

He answered with a, "You bet. I just need to come up with a good excuse with while I'll be away for three days. Maybe school camping trip?"

I laughed and nodded. "That works."

We returned home from school that day and got straight down to business, practicing some then started rapidly packing suit cases for tomorrow.

I was way too tired to pack anything for myself. So, I gratefully accepted Gabby's offer to do it for me, (Yeah, that's how you get your way out of doing work) All I really wanted to do was lay down and rest. Well, first take a hit shower and then get to bed.

The shower was.. heaven. I didn't even think about anything. I just let myself relax. I think I even sung. If I was gonna die in two weeks, I might as well just enjoy it. Right?

Once I got out, I toweled dried my hair and slipped on a silly pair of pajama pants that had monkey's and hearts all over them with a tang up and some slippers. Don't get to judging, because they aren't mine. Their actually Gabby's that I borrowed a few nights ago. And god, they're comfy.

I messily put my hair up in a bun and grabbed my tooth brush, begin to brush my teeth when I looked to see my head band missing. Gabby, Is the first person I think of. She must have packed it away or something. She knows I use that at night to sleep.

I sighed and opened the door, still with my tooth brush in my mouth. "Gabby, where's my-" I stopped once I glanced up from the floor and realized that their was a creepy old dude standing in my room.  In a tuxedo. Not to mention, with a table set with two sets of plates filled with food. "Who are the hell are you?"

"I am Christopher. I will be you and Mr. Bardsley's Waiter." He answered. I looked around the room. Gage no where in sight.

"Yeah, where is.. Mr. Bardsley, anyway?"

"Right here, gorgeous."

I turned and removed the tooth brush from my mouth once I saw Gage there. Standing in black slacks, a black button up shirt, and a red rose. He looked.. so neat. Handsome. I stared at him with my mouth a gape, till I realized 'Christopher' was holding out a napkin. "You still have your mouth with some toothpaste."

"Right, thanks." I muttered before taking it and wiping my mouth while spitting out the rest of the foamy tooth paste. I tossed it into the garbage before focusing my attention back on Gage. "What is this?"

"Dinner. We agreed to those plans not to long ago, yes?" He said, then glanced at my outfit. "It seems I'm a little.. under dressed, yes?"

I flushed, rubbing at the back of my neck. "I didn't know I was gonna have guess. Non the less, a weird old dude in a tuxedo claiming his our Waiter. No offense, Christopher."

"No offense taken, Madam." He said and remained to stand still, his hands tucked behind his back. He's weird.

"I knew you wouldn't agree to coming out to dinner with me, because of the whole, 'I can't be with boys' crap, so I brought the dinner to you." He grinned at me, while I glared.

"That speech wasn't crap." I defended. But he didn't seem to care since he waved me off and walked over to my chair, pulling it out for me.

"Just sit and enjoy the dinner." He commanded. I reluctantly sat down.

"I'm not even dressed properly, Gage."

"We're in the house. Who cares? I also think the monkey pants are cute. Maybe I should go through on mine," He joked.

I raised a eyebrow at him. "You have a pair of monkey pajama pants? Should I be alarmed?"

"I wore them when I was like, seven. Everyone still has a embarrassing pair of PJ's they kept."

I laughed, "Well, yeah. But mostly girls. So, tell me, what are they? Superman? Snowman? Santa? Do tell." I grinned at him mischievously.

"No!" He shouted, shaking his head. "Those are all stupid. They were.. Spiderman."

"Oh, Spiderman?" I just laughed harder. "Sexy."

"Very," He said sarcastically. "I think I even pretended to be him. God I was a weird kid."

"Nothing is weird when you're a child." I stated, with a small smile. I glanced down at the plate of food, to see it was a hamburger and fries. "Hamburger and fries. Romantic."

"You're not the steak and potatoes kinda girl. This is what fits you."

"I'm surprised you noticed," I nodded, impressed. And picked up a fry, sticking it whole in my mouth. "I'm also not the kinda girl to eat with manners. Over rated, highly."

It's not the complete truth. I do have manners. But I'm a messy eater. Kinda. I just take big bites and I'm not really feminine. That's why I question how boy's like me. Or well, how Gage and Dustin like me.

 "You're not gonna burp on me or anything, right? That'd just be awkward."

I shrugged, "Maybe. Only if you don't shoot me with your web, Spiderman." What a stupid line, I think. Is that the best I can come up with? "You guys burp all the time, what's wrong with a girl doing it?"

"You have no idea how dirty that sounded. And well, because it's funny when I do. I'm a dude. So I can burp." He justified. I glared at him.

"That's like saying I have a right to do my makeup for five hours because I'm a girl."

He quickly shook his head. "Oh no. That's just horrible. How do girls take five hours to get ready? I mean, what's so hard about putting on some makeup?"

I gape at him, failing my arms around rapidly. "What's so hard about that? It is incredibly! Having to do your hair, pick our your clothes. Make sure you look good. We all do that stuff for you ungrateful basterds who probably roll out of bed and put anything on that's clean! I bet Gabby would smack you right now if she were here."

"I don't need to spend five hours in a mirror to look this good. I'm just naturally sexy." He lifted up his arm, flexing his muscles. "Go on. Touch it. I know you want to."

"How about I just punch you? Better yet, how about I just kick you in the nads again? Sounds good to me." I taunted, tittling my head and putting on a sweet smile. A pained expression crosses Gage's face immediately.

He covered his hand over his pants, as if he's afraid I'm going to kick him right now. "It's painful even thinking about it. You could have killed it!"

"Good. Maybe you'll think twice before messing with me, yes?"

He gulped and nodded. "Yes ma'am."

I laughed and we fall into a deep conversation. Me, going on about how I hate lizards, that I think the colour blue is the best and how I think frozen yogurt is better then ice cream. Although he begs to differ.

Somehow, we end up watching a same old movie once we're done. The old dude cleaned up everything before he left, leaving us with gummy worms and a pack of twizzlers Gage had bought for, 'desert.'

"God, how bad is that hair?" I asked as I gnawed on a gummy worm, staring at the girl in the movie. Gage laughed and snatches a gummy worm from my pack. It causes me to glare at him. "Hey, those are mine!"

"Share, you ungrateful basterd," He mocked my words from earlier before stuffing the gummy worm in his mouth. "And yeah. How bad is this quality, too? And the plot? I wonder how much weed they were smoking back then."

I laughed, "Probably tons."

We fall into silence for a minute, watching the flickering tub. I hesitantly turn to him, pressing my back into the comfy pillow. "Are you excited for the cabin?"

He shrugged. "I guess. I haven't been there in over two years."

"Why's that?"

"Because two years ago I wasn't sure having fun existed. I was stuck having to care for the pack so young that I couldn't really just enjoy being with my friends. I finally had enough and said, 'Screw it! I'm going to the cabin!'"

I laughed slightly at that. "Must have been hard. Being so young and having to be Alpha."

"I blame my dad," He said sourly. "Right as I turned of age he handed it over to me."

"I think you're dad was cruel for doing that, but hey, you've done a great job with the pack. If it helps, I think you're a good leader." I gave him a small smile. He returns it with one of his own.

"Thanks. You don't think I'm still a asshole? Even after all I've put you through?"

I shook my head, "No. Gummy worms are truly the way to my heart." I teased. It causes him to laugh.

"Maybe I should buy you more then."

I nodded eagerly. "Definitely."

"Do you like me, Ray?"

He asked abruptly. Just like Dustin had earlier today. Except, this time I don't bunch up and get all awkward. I just wonder why everyone is so curious to know whether I like them or not. "I'd say yes or no, but that would be breaking the 'no boys' rule." I answered calmly.

"Come on," He pleaded. "Just tell me."

I shrugged, biting on my lip. "Like's a big word."

"I thought love was."

"Even bigger,"

"Well, what about feelings for me? Does that work?"

I laughed softly and nodded, giving him a faint smile. "Yeah. It does. And if you think I don't have feelings for you, then you're obviously stupid. Or oblivious."

"I knew you had feelings for me. Who could resist this body, not to mention, face?"

"Don't push it."

He gave me a sheepish smile. "If it helps, I like you too. Although, I think that's obvious. I mean, I've never gone through this much just for a girl."

"Really?" I asked with a eyebrow raised. "Not even for Ava?"

He shook his head. "No. Not even for Ava. I did take her out to dinner and stuff, but nothing like the things I do for you. Me and you are way different from what me and Ava were. I think we.. fit better. You're weird, I'm weird. We're perfect."

"Yeah." Is the only thing I say. I find myself closing my eyes and yawning. I know I'm beyond tired right now.

"Tired?" He murmured and I feel him run his hand across my face, brushing loose curls out of my face.

I nodded, unable to respond.

I feel him drape a blanket over me before he slips into place beside me. "Goodnight, Ray."

"Goodnight, Spiderman." I mumbled then fell into a peaceful sleep where not even Decklin could touch me, because I knew Gage would drive any of those fears and nightmares away. He always did.

------------

I hope you enjoyed, lovelies!! :D I liked writing this chapter. It was nice. I'm excited for the next, since they're going to the cabin where things really start to heat up. And well, I realized, it's not long before the end comes. Sure, it's a while away, but I wonder, would you guys wanna sequel? I think it'd be cool to right one. I love Ray. And Gage. Also Dustin.

Let me know what you think in the comments.

And if you haven't already, I ask that you go and check out my new story, 'The Rogue's Mate' It's a werewolf one. So if you likes this, you'll probably like that one. (:

Commet, Vote, Blah.

- CeCe. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.6K 355 26
In a bad fire at the age of ten Jane parents were killed leaving her to fid for herself. Before they died her father always told her stories about wo...
138K 4.3K 37
Hello, this story is not good. It was written by a depressed young tween who didn't understand what an abusive relationship is. I'm only keeping it u...
45.3K 3.4K 43
Finding out that your parents, the people that raised you your whole life, weren't your actual parents was hard. Being told at the ripe ol' age of e...
88K 1.6K 37
"The fuck you are leaving me." He snapped and growled at his mate. She was calm as she was ever be regardless of his snapping. She sighed and turned...