Salient Affections (Unedited...

By MerakiQuill

"Yes, I like you! . But I'm not here waiting for you forever" she shouts back. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ When c... More

Copyrights And Characters
1: The Farewell Party
2: Gulab Jamun
3: Asim and Mom
4: The Push
5: Nida Di
6: The Surprise
Suggestions, Questions Or Reviews
7: The Dance
8: Pillow Fight
9: The One Condition
10: Spending My Day.
11: Ayaz's New Home
12: I Like Him!
COVER PAGES Of The Times!
13: Will He Like Me?
14: The Fire
15: In The Hospital
16: First Day In High School
17: A Day With Navya
18: The Lunch Break
19: Secrets And A Promise
21: Hash Brownies
22: Make Out Session
23: I Miss You Ayaz..
24: Detention Room
25: Back To Mumbai
26: Incidents
27: A Confession
28: What The Future Awaits?
29: Time Has To Solve Everthing..
30: The Great Ramsos
Renaming Of Book Title
31: Matching Costume?
New Book : Transpired
Pray For Sudan : 1
Pray For Sudan : 2
The Interview

20: What Does She Need?

61 24 19
By MerakiQuill

"The
hardest things
to let go
are the things
you never had"
-curiano.com
_

__________________________________
Words used : 2136

~HUMAIRA'S P.O.V~

After spending four days in the hospital, staring at the same white ceiling, the sunlight falling just on my eyes irritating the rainbows out of me and I think the nurse itself wasn't willing to do her job either so she kept dragging me in her misery, the tasteless food and whatnot I was finally HOME!!!.

My room was in process of being furnished so I was in the guest room with Naila. Saira and Maira had to leave for Pakistan.

"You rest, Humi.... "Naila says to me, concern etched on her face as if contemplating on whether she should speak or not. I hold my laughter as my imagination turns her head to a fish that keep opening and closing its mouth.

What would she want to talk about?

OMA!!! Is she getting married!?... Gee...

Too early... Whatever..... Maybe I could wear those glittering stilettos!

Oh and yes!... A good speech to threaten milady's groom! Maybe I'll take a knife it could have a better effect.... Huhu..

" umm..... Do you .. Do you want to talk to... Ayaz I mean like say him"she asks looking at her lap.

His name itself caused my heart to race a mile a minute. I was wasn't over the fact that it would probably severe our years of friendship or that he might be in love with someone and so many other possibilities... It made me nervous, insecure and scared to no end.

"I.... I don't know.... I just... Can't make myself to say him" I try saying though not sure if she could hear as my voice was a mere whisper and still couldn't say things out loud easily but the sharp pain running through my head hurls me from thinking or saying anything else further.

"Ahh!." by reflex I shoot up it felt like someone was drilling into my head and it would break apart any second. I couldn't handle that intense pain though it went and came back a bit less intense I'm sure no one would love such a pain and I surely wanted some relief from it.

"sorry Humi ...You rest we should not talk about this now" she apologizes quickly giving me a tablet, sleep follows me soon I give in to the soft blows enticing me to sleep covering me in a blanket of comfort.

~NAILA'S P.O.V~

"Assalam alaikum Nida di " I say as soon as I feel she picked up on the other side.

"Walaikum assalam ! So whassup? " she asks.

"Nothing much... Things going at its pace maybe? How are you and everyone? "

"Everyone's fine, how's lil Humi? " I chuckle at her choice of word I could imagine her winking on the other side.

"She's fine , still recovering ... She's come back home... I mean she got a release from the hospital".

We talk a little more about Humaira and then I decide to ask about Ayaz.

" ummm... Nida di how's Ayaz's .. Umm school... I heard it started.. Is it nice? "

"Yeah he's fine Alhamdulillah(all praise be to Allah), the school too... He's definitely enjoying," she says sounding amused.

"oh!! you know ! I'm guessing he's found his girl! "

"WHAT?!"

"oh you! Banshee hush up! why are you screaming?!"

"Wait... ahan! In love with him?you.. Love... Him!!?? Am I right? " I roll my eyes eventhough I know she can't see, she sure was wiggling her eyebrows .

"No, no it's just not that.. It's Ahh... I'll talk later" and I cut the call .

'He's found his girl' the words kept ringing in my ears.

What will I say to Humaira?

How is she going to feel about all this?

She already is in so much pain, I can't say to her, at least not now....

I love you , you love me, we're best friends and.... My mobile was ringing. I smiled at Nida di's choice and shake my head she must have changed my ringtone.

Some people always feel close to your heart and definitely present or not they can always keep you happy. It's like they know this certain thing would definitely bring up a smile be it for a minute or second...this same person was none other thaan Nida di to me... Well....Everyone has something special in them... It's just the matter of time and knowledge to know and sharpen it.

"mmmm... Yeah? " I say not sure what to start with.

"Why did you cut the call, no let me get to the point, do you like Ayaz? " she asks her voice dead serious like giving no choice but truth and to say it didn't compel me would be a lie.

"What?... No its not me, its.. Its.. " I kept thinking if I should say about Humaira, but she's still recovering I can't, not without asking her she'll get more depressed and it's not something to be said like this..

"Hellow?Naail ? You theeere? " she bellows dragging in a sing song voice. Knowing she wasn't serious anymore kept me at ease to think freely.

"Umm... Yeah just a friend you know, I guess she likes him " I lie .

"Ohh, that's it? "

"Yeah, why? "

"I have a feeling you are lying"she says, my heart skips a beat, I force a fake laugh trying to keep it nonchalant. I'm sure she knows I'm lying but not entirely. I don't know if I should be thankful for her skills of knowing and predicting things or that its gonna create a disaster in future if she comes to know certain things.

Future

Disaster

Those words itself gave me chills, I gulped inwardly. No one knows what the future beholds definitely... All we can do is pray and prepare and be practical for it.

" take care Nida di"

"No wait ! " she shrieks.

"Huh? "

"That girl na.... She fainted in school okay?, Ayaz took her to her house being the gentleman he is... And ofcourse because he's my brother... Okay okay... To the topic! ... Her name I guess was... Yes! Navya. The first time he saw her he kinda got lost into her and all so I said it like thaaat ....."she said dragging,

" You know na how I am? " I giggled at her famous topic exaggerating skills, at last she was accepting.

"Yeah , yeah ! (giggle) Allah-hafiz" I say.

"Allah-hafiz! "

I sighed in relief that it was nothing serious and fell asleep beside Humaira.

>>>>>>>>>>>3 MONTHS LATER<<<<<<<<<<

~NAVYA'S P.O.V~

After getting ready for school and sprint towards Ayaz's house checking the road for any cars I then walk past the road, in hopes of a guaranteed safe day in school and also I desperately wanted to meet others, finding the door open I plunge myself inside.

"Assalam Alaikum aunty! " I greet chirply and hug her.

"Walaikum assalam beta" she says breaking the hug.

"Whassup Navya? Morning morning here ? " Nida di asks smirking.

"Umm yeah! Good morning .....and Ayaz?, I mean I was... I am waiting for him " I stutter feeling shy for no apparent reason , actually I have no idea why I'm feeling like this.

Alright they are having pretty well the same meaning....

Freak off! Ugh...

"Hey Navya! All set already ? " comes my hero,

wait ? Hero ?

Ohh come on.... he pulled you out of that darkness and all, so he's your hero na!

Its not like I like him .... Great I'm trying to convince myself.

"Hello ! Earth to Navya ! " and I come back to my senses. It was Ayaz pulling my cheeks lovingly.

"What's going on in that innocent mind of yours? " he asks poking and narrowing his eyes at me teasingly. I roll my eyes at him.

"If its your homework, then nah! I'm not helping" he says crossing his arms and acting offended.

I came here for you and you are back of those damn home works! I scowl to myself.

"So cheap Ayu! " I cry annoyingly as he goes to the kitchen.

"I came so we could go together to schooool!, BYE! I'm not talking to you! " I say stamping and leaving.

" I'm guessing that was childish but that's how I am "I say to myself making faces.

" Navya! "He calls sounding defeated, but I just keep walking.

~AYAZ'S P.O.V~

I grab a sandwich and peck my mom on the cheek hurriedly to run back of her. Shouting her name seemed of no use as she didn't show any sign of stopping or giving me any spot for forgiveness.

Noticing a tattooed, spiky hair boy was walking in her direction though he seemed of no harm as not all of those with tattooes or piercing are bad they are just far more thrilling and adventurous but I still wanted to be beside her incase she gets any anxiety or stress attacks. The images of the lunch break were desperately trying to relive in my mind... I start to make a run... Well dude! I was surprised at what she did to that boy!

" woah! Navu you've got strong ! You know ? " I say keeping a hand in her shoulder but she goes a step forward and crosses her arms. I glance at the boy who runs past me catching his nose, he seemed younger than us. A peak between his fingers and I knew he was fine, the pain would go away. What entranced me more was it was Navya who did that, of all girls... Well they say... Expect the least expected, you never know it could happen.

"You just punched him you know! Navu! You punched him damn hard! " I say scooping her in my arms she gets out a soft gasp, quickly reaching for my shoulders.

"Navu's got strong yay! " I say twirling her around and she buries her face in my shirt, I let out a laugh.

"Ayu! P...... put me down" she shouts pulling my collar down from one side making me almost choke.

"Oww! Okay" I say and she stops pulling, I smirk, twirling her around once again, finally letting her down gently. She glares at me and starts walking.

"Hey! Are we not going by car? " I ask frowning.

she's still upset.... Dude!

"No"

"Navu come on I was joking! "

No reply.

"Navya! " I call again but she just keeps walking.

"Fine, what do you want ? "

No reply.

"Ice cream? "

"No! "

"Chocolates? "

"No"

"gummy bears!!?"

who says no to them?

"no"

Uh-huh...

"teddy bears" I say grinning sheepishly, all girls have a soft spot for them, this must be it!

"no!"

Yikes!... You hurt me.. What else?

"Movie! "

"No"

"rings? Bracelets? Necklaces?"

She takes a pause as if considering and then again repeats the same.

"no"

"Nail Polish? " I ask smiling awkwardly hoping I hit the right choice.

"Nooooo"

"Then? " I ask confused what else would she want?

man! Is she going to ask for a car or something or what if trip to America !

"Bunk the school with me today ! " she says her eyes filled with excitement and I widen my eyes in horror.

Innocent mind you say Haan? My mind comments sarcastically.

So what? Expect the least expected.. I fire back... There take it!

"Bunk ! You mean as in leave the school the whole day not attending any of the classes ! " suddenly feeling stupid for actually elaborating it.

"Yessshhhh! " she says her eyes twinkling in excitement.

"Navya seriously ? What will we say to our parents ? "

"I wanna go to the beach with you ! Please na pleaaaase" she says pulling my arm.

"Bu-" she cuts me by placing her finger on my lips.

"If you don't then I wont talk to you ! Accept or deny? "She asks and I keep staring at her whether to go or not, they were two straight options-

Accept?

OR

Deny?

Accept it maan! Can you think of her ignoring you the whole time! Let's be partners in crime... Have fun come on!

But mom and dad?

Shut up and accept it!!

"Ahh .....Okay we'll.. go.. to.. the.... beach" I say scratching the back of head still unsure and nervous of the consequences it flies off as she flings her arms around me tackling me into a hug.

"Thank you! thank you! thank you! " she squeaks jumping with excitement reminding of kids when thier parents agreed for a trio to Disney land.

True though the fact she was and is beautiful.

Okay that was quite sudden

Whatever...

"Woah ! Navu calm down! " I say catching her arms.

"Your the best! "She says and suddenly I feel like a dog wagging his tail with excitement.

I'm the best for her!!

Yay!!

Laugh laugh!! I can't compare to anything else.

##############################
Let's see what happens on the beach ? Curious? Yes? Hehe wait for my next update !

Thanks to all my readers and voters!

Today's question:
Name an island you wish to visit

Have a nice day !! 🌈

Keep smiling!!

Take care!!

See yah!!

Bye!!

Comment!!
Share!!
Vote!!

⭐⤵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

779 121 13
🌸🥂 This story is all about Love, comedy, drama and maybe some emotional too ig, but there's not a second lead. Yash is type of a playboy, and flir...
1.2K 84 11
"प्यार मिला तो दगा करने को मजबूर थे हम, प्यार चाहा तो नफरत झेलने को मजबूर थे हम। सर झुका कर कबूल कर ली आपकी हर सजा, बस कसूर इतना था कि बेकसूर थे हम...
19.3K 1.8K 72
" An Indian story background, but Non - Indians can easily connect with it." Ahana Kapoor and Arhaan Malhotra. Two best friends, who've been together...
8.1K 341 38
Am I alive?? How is it possible?? I died , right?? I was betrayed and killed by my husband and best friend?? Why do I look 10 years younger?? This is...