Started out with a kiss (spob...

By whirlygirly

I hope you like my one shot collection, I will put trigger warnings or mature content before the chapter. Th... More

Would it be okay if I kissed you?
Happy
Self defense
Fights and reunions
Trauma
Tease
Knight in shining armor
Never stopped, never will.
The room has many flaws, and im one of them
Dido
Would it be okay if i kissed you? (2)
Would it be okay if i kissed you? (3)
A february afternoon
Cavanaugh household
Drunk nights
Sleep
Safer here
Authors notes

The reveal

1.3K 21 23
By whirlygirly

Summary: if this was how the show ended I'd be disappointed, but I had this dream and I thought "oh lord I need to write this".Toby is A, and here are his reasons. Spoby fluff!

"We know it's you, wren!" Aria screams.

"Let's finish this the easy way." Hanna adds, pulling out her gun.

Hanna aims the gun at the person down the hallway.

The person slowly walks towards them, and there's something so extremely familiar about him.

Spencer can tell it isn't wren, but she shakes those thoughts away. She didn't want to think they were wrong, again.

She just wanted it to be over. She was so tired of her friends pushing her to find out everything. Maybe if this all ended, they could be normal.

The person raises there hands.

Another person comes up behind them, also raising there hands.

The person behind them immediately takes off their mask, however.

It's Yvonne.

"We just want this to be over." She says, with a frown on her face.

"What about Toby? What about-" Spencer is cut off with all the girls gasps.

Toby is the other A.

Toby frowns even more than Yvonne and even begins tearing up as Spencer scampers away.

Yvonne gently grabs her, enough to restrain her.

Spencer feels like she's having a panic attack. "J-just let me go! I won't tell-" "Spencer, just listen to Toby. Just calm down and listen to Toby." Yvonne says, loosening her grip on Spencer.

Toby pushes past all of the other girls.

"You all can leave now!" Toby snaps.

"No, not without Spencer!" Emily yells, trying to shove past Toby.

The other three follow quickly behind.

"I'm gonna give her an explanation and let her go, please just let me!" Toby begs.

"We deserve and explanation to!" Aria yells.

Toby sighs.

"All of you, against the wall then." Toby says.

Yvonne lets Spencer out of her loose grip and they all scamper to the wall, Hanna hiding her gun behind her.

"First off, all of you except Spencer are bitches." Yvonne says, rather loudly.

Toby gives her a disappointed look, but nods.

"In fact, you've all been extremely mean to Spencer." Toby says.

Emily has a look of pain in her eyes, and her and Toby make brief eye contact.

"You're adults now, we're all adults now. This is all supposed to be over... It was all supposed to be over 5 years ago." Toby sighs.

"Just tell us the story already." Alison begs, speaking up for once.

"Me and Yvonne have been good friends since we were 10." Toby admits.

"I thought you guys were..." Spencer trails off.

"No, that was mostly to hurt you in the slightest. Something A.D could taunt you about just to confirm it was real... I guess we got a little caught up in things and forgot the reason we were doing it in the first place." Toby sighs.

"I've always had a big crush on Spencer." Toby murmurs, with a small blush.

"I saw how bad you were being treated." Toby says.

Spencer thinks back to how badly she was treated. He was right about that, but he still had a lot of explaining.

"I went on, having my teenage crush on you." Toby says. "and one day, Mona talked to me about the A team." Toby says.

"I was happy at first, until she told me I had to hurt Spencer as well." Toby sighs, rubbing his eyes.

"So I offered to get close to Spencer in a romantic way. That was a fantasy, and I was so happy. I never told her any big secrets, just little ones that she assumed were big." Toby admits.

"And then Mona quit. She was on longer than you think, though. She was on until senior year." Toby says.

All the girls let out the gasp they'd all been holding in.

"She quit sometime before the dollhouse, that's the reason she was in there with you 4."

"My involvement with the dollhouse was little to nothing." Toby admits.

"There's a bigger A." Toby says.

"I also quit. I was gonna spend the rest of my life with you, that was the plan." Toby says, beginning to tear up.

"Then one day guilt got the best of me and... I broke things off. You deserved someone better. But I promised to always protect you, and when I found out whoever A.D is was coming around, I helped." Toby says.

"I joined the team again, this time to get info." Toby pauses.

"A.D is wren. You girls got it right." Toby promises.

There's a long pause, and then Aria speaks up.

"What now?" She asks.

"Spencer... Do you trust me?" Toby asks, slowly opening his arms.

Spencer feels her heart melt, and she runs into Toby's arms.

After a few seconds, Spencer notices Yvonne's stunned look, pure horror on her face.

She notices that Yvonne is staring at the girls and quickly turns around.

"She has a gun!" Yvonne screams, sprinting down the hall.

Hanna is coming at Spencer and Toby with a gun, but luckily she doesn't shoot, she only hits them in the head until they've blacked out.

--

When Spencer wakes up, she realizes she's still in the same building but she's ties up against a pipe.

She hears a muffled "Spencer, Spencer."

"Toby..." Spencer groans.

"Spencer!" Toby yells in relief.

Before Spencer can say anything, she notices the four girls staring at them from the other side of the room, Hanna looking creepy as hell having blood splattered on her clothing.

"Why did you do this, you bitches!" Spencer yells.

"How can you trust him, Spencer?!" They all scream in their own little version.

"I love him, okay?! It's none of your business how-" Spencer stops herself as they run around her and begin beating Toby who's on the other side of the pole.

"No! Don't hurt him!"Spencer begs. She tries pulling away from the pole a little, but hell, even her hair was tied to the pole.

After they have their fair share of kicks, Toby sits there sobbing.

"I hope you come to your senses. We'll give you some time to think." Hanna groans, as they walk out of the room.

They make weak attempts to get out, and weak attempts to hold hands or touch in the slightest.

After what feels like an hour, Spencer nearly passed out from emotional exhaustion but is abruptly woken up by many screams.

The room is mostly dark, but Spencer notices a tall female walking to them.

Spencer begins panicking but Toby just turns around as much as he can and yells "Yvonne?!"

Yvonne comes into light.

Yvonne is holding a bloody baseball bat.

"They're unconscious, that gives us enough time to get the hell out of here." She says, pulling out a Swiss Army knife.

She lets Toby go first then untied everything except Spencer's hair.

"Your hairs gonna have to go." Yvonne frowns.

"I've been meaning to cut it." Spencer shrugs, feeling a little sad it's probably not gonna look good.

Yvonne cuts it as long and as good as she can then tells Spencer it looks okay.

Truthfully, it wasn't to bad and could be fixed up. But Spencer didn't care at all, she just wanted to leave.

Toby quickly pulls her up and ends up picking her up due to the 'emotional exhaustion' she nearly passed out from, but he really just wanted to hold her.

Spencer does end up passing out just as the doors open.

--

When Spencer wakes up, she's laying in an extremely comfortable bed in a room she has never seen in her life.

It's easy to tell its a hotel room though.

She has little recollection of the car ride, only a split second of being awake and Toby telling her "go back to sleep it's a long ride there."

Spencer also notices that it's a one bedroom place and Yvonne must not be staying in the same room as them.

"Toby? Yvonne?" Spencer calls, to no avail.

She looks around for a second and realizes it's early morning for starters.

When they left the building it was about 8:30 pm so it really was a long car ride.

Spencer then searches the room itself and notices a few bags in the corner of the room, and even some under the bed.

After a little more scoping the area, she finally notices the note sitting on the night stand.

"Go to the elevator, you can't miss it, it's right across from us. Go to the main floor and make a left until you see us. -T"

Spencer fixes her hair a little and washes her face stained with tears and mascara, then follows Toby's orders.

She walks into a dining room/buffet area and only sees a few people, so it's easy to spot Yvonne and Toby sitting at a 4 person table at the back.

It takes them only a moment to notice Spencer, and when they do they both smile.

Spencer faintly smiles back, not really sure how awkward this will be.

"Good morning." Yvonne says.

"Morning." Spencer sighs, taking a seat across from Toby.

"How are you feeling?" Toby asks, smiling as Spencer drinks the coffee he got for her.

"I'm feeling... Okay, I guess. I have a bad headache." Spencer groans, rubbing her temple.

Toby frowns a little at her answer.

"I mean.. Emotionally. That was a lot to take in." Toby says.

Spencer breaks eye contact with Toby, and looks down at the small bowl of fruit placed in front of her.

"I don't know..." Spencer trails off.

"That's okay." Toby quickly reassures her, grabbing her hand.

Spencer looks up, gives him the lightest smile, and looks back down.

"Where are we?" Spencer finally speaks up.

"New Jersey." Yvonne says, cutting pieces of her pancake.

"Where are we heading?" Spencer asks.

"We're going as far away or as close as we want." Toby promises, tightening his grip on Spencer's hand.

"And one day we'll settle down somewhere.. And we can finally be at peace." He adds.

"What about my family?" Spencer asks, the ghost of a smile on her face.

"You'll see them, and you can write to them, and you can call... You just can't tell them where we are for a while. I'll make sure you see your parents again, I promise." Toby says sternly.

Spencer smiles a wide smile at Toby.

Yvonne stares while eating her pancakes with a disguised look on her face at how lovey dovey they were being.

it made her extremely uncomfortable to kiss Toby, and every time he talks about Spencer or talks to Spencer she's reminded of that.

It was absolutely awful in her opinion, but mostly because she liked women and because they'd been best friends since the age of 10.

Yvonne finishes up her breakfast, and when Toby and Spencer are about to make out all over the table, Yvonne quickly says "yeah, I'm heading to the pool" and leaves.

--

"How long are we staying here for?" Spencer asks, once she's done brushing her teeth.

"Two more nights." Toby says.

"Hm." Spencer softly says as she walks out of the bathroom and collapses onto the comfortable bed.

Toby quickly climbs into bed next to her as they cuddle up.

Spencer gives him a long kiss, but pulls away when things get heated.

"I.. I love you." Spencer starts.

"I love you so much." Toby replies.

"But we need to build this relationship back up before we can get... Serious." Spencer quickly says.

"I know, and I'm ready to be a good boyfriend." Toby says, watching as Spencer falls asleep.

--

(5 years later)

Spencer gets out of her car and walks into the Arizona heat.

Her AC was always blasting, and getting out of the car was like hell.

She quickly runs up to her house and immediately hears a loud cry.

Spencer sighs and puts away the groceries she's just gotten, then walks to the bedroom.

The cries stopped a few moments ago, and Spencer smiles at the sight of Toby cradling there 3 month old baby boy.

"He's calmed down, but I think he's hungry." Toby says, carefully handing him to Spencer.

"Let's go sit in the living room, watch some TV." Spencer suggests, beginning to walk before Toby can even respond.

She walks by there wedding photos, then maternity photos down the long hallway until they're at the living room.

The three sit down and Toby turns on the TV as Spencer begins feeding the baby.

He could tell Spencer wasn't as happy about this fairly simple moment, but he was cherishing every single moment.

He was so grateful that she chose him, and he couldn't believe it had already been 12 years since the day he kissed her in front of the motel.

He loved her and there son Jason more than life itself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

318K 7.6K 125
Be my forever.
398K 1K 10
here is my collection of (spicy) romantic one-shots. please check possible trigger warnings at the start of the chapters!
12.3K 303 27
this is my first time writing a oneshots book. but I hope you enjoy it! and please inform me if I make any grammar mistakes! thank you! enjoy! compl...