Becky's Doll

WitcheryWay által

Something is lurking in the house. Allison could almost feel the vicious cold stares of someone on her skin... Több

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
e p i l o g u e
Ezra
Hailey
Kyle
Elizabeth
Clark's Antique Shop

Chapter 10

2.5K 233 27
WitcheryWay által

"WHO IS MAUREEN BECKHAM?" Ezra asked as he peeked to the see the picture in the yearbook.

"Becky's kindergarten teacher," I replied, excitedly. Finally, a solution. Ezra stared at me with interest.

"I didn't know that she studied in Gale Academy. She might know Elizabeth Monner," I told him. He nodded. I looked at the picture again. I must say Maureen had changed considerably from a skinny scrawny looking teenager to a smart well dressed teacher. If not for the same grin, I would have never recognised her at all.

"Let's give it a try," He said. I was way too tired today. But I was ready to shake off my exhaustion if it was for a good cause.

"I know where she lives. We can go there. I'm sure she won't mind," I told him as I tried to stifle a yawn.

"Not today. You went through a lot. You should catch some sleep," He said, probably on noticing my tiredness. I cringed at the thought of sleeping. I didn't know when I would be haunted by terrifying nightmares.

"No, it's fine. We should go," I tried to convince him. He frowned deeply in thought.

"I don't think so," He replied doubtfully. I must admit that my limbs were numb and aching. And I would love to go home and soak myself in a hot scented bath more than anything.

"Maybe Elizabeth is the one haunting me. She might have been killed in the fire accident and holds some sort of grudge. But why would she want to hurt me or even a five year old? I don't understand that," I thought loudly.

"Ghosts don't need a reason to hurt. Elizabeth could be a misled disturbed soul who is unable rest peacefully," He said. I noticed that he was slightly humming to the music in the background. I smiled, amused. My phone chimed. Retrieving the phone from the back of my jeans, I realised that I had received a message from a certain fourteen year old.

Scar: Mom's back.

Finally decided to show up after what.... an eternity? It matters the least to me.

Me: So?

Scar: She is asking for u. She is bringing guests for dinner. She insists the whole family to be there.

I groaned loudly. She probably wants to show her friends what a happy family we are. Note my sarcasm.

Me: I am busy. Won't be able to make it.

Scar: Please Allie, don't abandon me. I will make a mess in the kitchen.

I sighed. There goes my plans for tonight. I texted her back.

Me: Alright, coming.

"I have to go home. We are having guests," I told Ezra. Even though I was dreading to go home, I didn't want dad and Scar to manhandle my kitchen.

"It's better if you go home. We can do this tomorrow," Ezra assured. I sighed in approval.

"I will try to find more about this academy and the accident," Ezra told me. And I gave him a grateful smile. Right now, I was glad that I was not alone.

"Do you think we will be able to solve this?" I asked him, looking down on my lap.

"We can do this," He replied confidently. But I was still doubtful and nervous.

"Do you trust me, Allison?" He asked me. His golden eyes shone brightly. I looked away not knowing what to say. He pulled the car into my driveway. I grasped the handle of the door and I could feel his intense burning gaze on me.

"Yes. I do," I replied, before slamming the door close.

*********

Even if I was decorating the cake, my eyes were fixated on Becky who was sitting on the kitchen floor and colouring a picture. She looked normal but the purple blemishes marking her rosy skin was starting to worry me immensely.

"What happened to your hand?" I asked her softly.

"I don't know. I had them when I woke up," She looked up, her eyes were sparkling and then returned to her drawing.

"Does it hurt?" I asked her as I kneeled down beside her. She shrugged and I inspected her wounded arm. Numerous angry red slashes criss crossed her arms. Unable to look at it anymore, I turned away. My eyes caught Becky's drawing.

It was a rough drawing of a small house with a darkened stick figure standing away from it. Red shaped triangles were drawn all over the picture. I smiled.

"Beautiful drawing. Why did you colour the grass red?" I asked her as I smoothed her messy hair. She looked at me with an expression of disbelief.

"Silly, Allie. That's not grass. It's fire," She told me proudly.

Fire? A building on fire? Gale Academy on fire. Why would she draw that? I examined the picture again with trembling fingers. The crude unfinished drawing of the blackened figure was incriminating. The charred disfigured face presumably Elizabeth's appeared on my mind. I shivered.

"Allie? Did you finish doing the icing?" Becky asked shyly, breaking me from my trance.

"Yes," I told her. My body was still shaking with fear.

"Can I lick the spoon?" She asked me in a pleading manner. I managed a weak smile.

"Becky, why did you draw a building on fire?" I murmured. She stopped licking the spoon for a second, possibly considering my question. A heavy silence fell over the room. My heart was beating frantically. It was as if the ghost could make its entry now. My eyes surveyed the room, the bare white walls and the cabinets. My eyes stopped temporarily on the dent on the wall made by the kitchen knife. And the cabinet where the knife had been safely kept away.

"Felt like drawing it," She shrugged off.

Scarlett who was helping me set the table came in, announcing that Hailey had brought her guests. I inhaled deeply.

Placing the cake on the table, I hurried to the living room. Four new but familiar faces looked up at me. Recognition kicked in. The Summer family.

Hailey who was looking gorgeous in a smart navy blue pantsuit was chatting away animatedly to none other than Mrs Summers. Mr Summer stood awkwardly behind his wife and was the only polite one to offer me a smile as greeting. Holly gave me a stare that said she acknowledged me, before turning her attention to the screen on her phone. Scarlett who seemed to know Holly's fourteen year old brother Walter, was shamelessly flirting with him. Dad was nowhere to be seen.

"This is Bethany. My closest friend. Imagine my surprise when I met her at Starbucks last week. It's been like what- ?" Hailey introduced her friend to no one in particular.

"Seventeen years," Bethany replied in a fake surprised tone.

"Yes. Seventeen years since I saw you," Hailey laughed, imitating the same fake surprised tone. I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"Is that Allison?" Bethany asked, her eyes widened.

"Yes. That's Allison," Hailey replied grimly, probably noticing me for the first time.

"You are all grown up. Though I feel like I have seen you somewhere. But I just can't remember," Bethany frowned at her stupid memory.

"Yes, Mrs Summers. I was there at the burger place when the ceiling incident had occurred," I recalled. Bethany's face paled considerably at the mention of the accident. She smiled weakly but refused to reply. Hailey looked obviously indifferent. And soon I was blocked out of their conversation.

I was mostly ignored or ordered around by Hailey. Even if I wanted to yell at her, I had the curtesy to feign respect towards my so called mom.

Behind the curtains parting the huge living room from the other rooms, stood a small figure that I immediately recognised as Becky's. Haunting dark shadows fell over her white face. And darkness enveloped her tiny frame. Her eyes were dead and lacked its usual liveliness. A falling sensation took over my belly. I shuddered with fright.

"Where is Kyle? It's been years since I saw him," I heard Bethany ask. I was curious to know. Where was dad?

"Oh! He is busy," Hailey dismissed. Anger bubbled within me. How does she know that? She had been ignoring all of us for days now.

"I wonder what happened to Jill. Last time, I heard she had moved to Scotland," Hailey asked, obviously trying to divert the conversation. Bethany Summers stiffened in her seat.

"Hailey, I thought you knew. Jill is dead," Bethany replied sounding remorseful. I watched Hailey's jaw drop.

"What-!" Hailey croaked.

"Dead? How?" She asked, looking genuinely depressed by the news.

"I don't know how exactly. But people say she was murdered by some psycho killer," Bethany whispered hoarsely.

"Murdered!" Hailey rolled the word in her tongue. Her eyes suddenly turned hollow reminding me of Becky's haunting lifeless eyes.

I turned my head in the direction of the curtain. Becky had vanished and darkness had grown in her place. Looking more closely, I watched the charred figure morph out of the darkness. I gasped. It looked as if it was telling something. To me? No, it was talking to someone behind me.

I turned my head back. Becky stood there looking expressionless clutching the same deadly kitchen knife in her hand and a doll hanging from the other. Bethany, Holly and Hailey hadn't noticed her but she was right behind them. The knife in her hand was positioned in such a way that she was ready to stab.The charred figure mouthed the words again.

Pierce.

My mouth went suddenly dry. Tearing my gaze from the darkness, I creeped silently to Becky. And before she could strike, I grasped those small fingers that were holding the knife. She held the knife with a mighty grip and I just couldn't release her hold on it. I pulled at the knife but her hold tightened over it. Desperately, I clawed at her fingers holding the knife. She whipped her head towards me and scowled. I nearly jumped at the intensity of her deathly glare. Half of her face turned black and charred. A silent scream left my lips.

"Becky. What are you doing?" I cried. I pulled the knife again and her hold on it loosened. Finally, I pulled the dreadful weapon out of her fingers. Her scowl deepened. And after fixing me with an angered stare, she left me shaking with fear. The doorbell rang, nearly giving me a shock.

"Do you think that's George and his family?" I heard Bethany ask.

"Maybe. Allison, would you get the door?" Hailey asked me. I shook out of my trance. With robotic steps I moved to the door.

With trembling fingers, I opened the door only to be greeted by the devilish face of Jack Fenton.

▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

440 25 12
A horror mystery thriller about a young girl. The pain and horror she feels and the mysteries about herself and everything she feels around her. Zeld...
101 5 63
Two sisters on trial for murder. Both accuse each other. Who do YOU believe? Alexandra Avellino has just found her father's mutilated body, and needs...
1.5K 402 56
Hilltop House always remembered its first, how closely it watched them, how much they meant to it . . . and what it did to them. But Hilltop House ha...
991 209 7
Kyle Ingham, a father grieved by the death of his daughter, will do anything to speak with her again. Anita Shaw only wants to bring peace to those t...