EDITH / Twilight

By ssa_bby

The rocky romance between a wolf and a vampire. [Eclipse +] EMBRY CALL Completed Rewritten Previously known a... More

disclaimer
playlist
Pt. 1
chapter one
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
epilogue
Pt.2
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Epilogue
Pt.3
*
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty two
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight
Chapter twenty nine
Epilogue

chapter two

19.7K 387 50
By ssa_bby

Chapter Two: Francis

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like, Astronaut, President or in my case, a Princess. When we were ten, they asked again.  We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they wanted a serious answer. Well, how about this - who the hell knows? This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love – a lot. Major in Philosophy because there is no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they asked what we wanna be, we won't have to guess – we'll know."

As much as Jessica pained Edith by being annoyingly stupid and bitchy, her speech inspired her in many different ways on so many levels. Edith was ready to make mistakes with a smile on her face and embrace the past and future with open arms.

She hadn't forgotten her past but she had learned how to deal with it since living with the Cullen's - they brought her a form of peace.

Edith had a lot of bad memories, she was easily led astray which was never a good sign. There had been many a time when the rest of the Cullens would have to fight her bloodlust for her. She was often considered to have a worse bloodlust than Jasper and that said something between the family.

She was, once, a well known vampire within the vampire community. She craved blood, more than others. However, she didn't drink blood to survive, she killed for sport. The Volturi infamously covered up her incidents and wiped out villages to protect their secret all because Edith had gone in killing sprees.

Her memories of the past were isolated into silence in the back of her mind but still present in her heart; her time with the Volturi unsettled her. She was more depressed than Marcus and that was when Aro knew he had to let her go, even though she was too special. Aro wanted Edith to find her mate and then they would join the Volturi but that was never going to be her plan. The Volturi's way of living disgusted her so much that it broke her apart from them all and love soon turned into hate, she hated herself more than anyone else. She hated that she was an addict.

Edith wasn't all depressed and filled with a tragic hole in her heart, she tried not to be, she did have a love for living although she didn't show it that much. She was carefree and somewhat in love with the world and Edith wanted to rediscover that; after Bella turned. She planned to visit Japan and England, catch up with some old friends.

Jessica opened up wounds that hadn't been healed; Edith had been in love twice in her whole lifespan.

She wouldn't know if she would call it love.

She knew she loved her human mate, she would have gone to the ends of the Earth for him.

When she resided with the Volturi, she sparked a romance with Alec. She had almost considered Alec a best friend more than a lover but he was there and so was she.

Edith had been through a lot of pain; she had lost her human mate because of herself.

Alec had unofficially met his mate while on a mission which he didn't want to accepted because that would mean that he would lose Edith and that wasn't an option. Apparently, it became on option. Alec simply couldn't live without Svetlana. This happened to spike another blood trail amongst villages.

Nicholas picked up the pieces as he had always done when it came to Edith. She preferred not the speak about Nicholas.

When she was a human, she was madly in love with the boy from her village, his name was Francis. She had the idea that when she found her soulmate; she would feel it tug at her heartstrings and the connection would be overwhelming. She never wanted to think about him, the damage she had done as a newborn was unspeakable. She loved him too much but her love for blood was always stronger in the end.

Edith would never talk about him, never of the human man that blessed her life. It was a tragic ending which she never wanted to relive. Her family knew that she had a mate as a human, they knew his name, they knew that he had loved her dearly and they knew how he had died.

It was never spoken about again once her family had found out.

Edith kept drawings of him in her room since she was an artist at heart and time. She thought he was a work of art and would constantly annoy him with her getting him to sit still as she sketched his face. By now, it was by memory; he had been dead more than a thousand years but he was still her idea of heaven. Most vampires didn't know or didn't let on that they knew Edith was one of the worlds oldest vampires; along side the leaders of Volturi. They let her live a normal and carefree live; mostly.

Edith first saw Francis in the village square, she was intrigued by the laughter and mocking that came with it. She had slowly approached the boys and tilted her head in awe, what a beautiful man. Francis was an attractive man, he stood tall and possessed dirty blonde curly hair and he has piercing blue eyes. He had pearly white skin and a masculine yet delicate face as he smiled and laughed at his brothers. As soon as he spotted Edith, he lowered his sword and started at her with awe and she blushed -

-and that was the beginning of the love story that haunted Edith for what seemed like an eternity.

"You're my sister and I love you but your fashion taste is disgusting so let's find something for you to wear." Alice quickly dragged Edith into the house as Edith huffed and let her feet drag across the wooden floors. She asked Alice why and that was the beginning of her rant.

"You are wearing jeans; hideous jeans and a tank top. This is a party and a graduation party and that; you have to look presentable and elegant." Alice sighed.

"I looked elegant back in the 1500's." Edith sighed as Alice throw dresses on her bed.

"This, Edith, is 2016."

"If someone annoys me, I'm going to eat them and I won't feel sorry about it. " Edith scratched her head as she watched as Alice's eyes dulled and she knew that she had to make Alice happy.

"I'm joking, that was a joke." Edith said as she slipped of her jeans and top and started to try on dresses.

Jasper and Emmet had been forced to set the house up for the party by Alice's orders and Rosalie was dragged to the supermarket to buy human food to place in bowls for the guests.

Everything was going to be perfect or near perfect in Edith's eyes.

After picking a dress from Alice's wardrobe, Edith wanted to reward herself by hunting so that she wouldn't be taunted by humans later on.

She was walking out of the house when she started think of him, the way his golden, sandy hair shimmered in the light and his bright blue eyes captivated Edith with one glance. They became friends and soon that progressed into something magical. They were truly in love with one another, so she thought.

Francis was mesmerised by Edith's carefree and kind personality, he loved how she was able to be tough and fierce but as soon as it came to Francis, she was too loving, she could never hurt him as least she thought.

Edith could remember kissing him for the first time; the butterflies were raging on inside her stomach almost becoming a burst of fireworks that was unexplainable anyone else. He would always kiss her forehead before he left to go home to his family and he would always put her first. They had an unexplainable love that all her friends envied and wanted.

She didn't even know what she was doing until she found herself blacking out and regaining her mind when she had drained the blood from a deer and she found herself in a sour mood, whimpering at the fact she had let memories of Francis control her mind.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.2K 1.5K 15
"You Became My Everything And Showed Me The True Meaning Of Love." Eclipse | Book 3
11.3K 265 27
Maisie Black. All about La Push. Shy girl unless you get to know her. Not one to make friends easily despite the fact that she very well could. Frien...
410K 7.5K 23
Emmett finally meets his mate and coincidently she is Edward's mates older sister. Emmett absolutely loves Spencer, and so do the rest of the Cullens...
521K 18.1K 13
❝Goddamn right you should be scared of me.❞ [the twilight saga: eclipse] [book three in the cassadee swan series] [cover by @volbeats]