Lovers

By Roseee_L

Ethan Anderson was the biggest player on earth. Not only that, but he continue to conquer the business indust... More

Flashback!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 7

105K 2.9K 290
By Roseee_L

Skylar

"You are hungry."

I spread my arms and watch his little legs move. He wraps his tiny arms around my neck and snuggles into me.

"I'll make you something to eat." I kiss the crown of his head.

I adjust him on my hip and call Ethan back.

"Hey. Is everything okay?"

"Sorry for hanging up on you. I had an emergency to take care off. I'll see you tomorrow at work." I chew on my lip as I walk towards the kitchen.

Xander twirls my hair and leans closer to my ear. Ethan takes a while before he replies.

"Of course. I'll see you tomorrow Sky. Good night."

I slowly pull the phone away and try to press the end call button but Xander takes the phone away.

"Good night~"

He hangs up the phone and hands it over.

It's okay Sky. Ethan won't think much of it.

I chuckle a little before kissing his forehead.

"Next time ask permission. Don't snatch the phone away from me." I carefully watch his expression. I make sure he keeps his eyes on me before I sit him down.

"Okay!"

After eating a late night snack, I went back to my room and fell asleep with Xander.

****

I wake up to someone moving me.

"Skylar! You are going to be late for work. The man from yesterday is waiting for you outside." Layla yells and begins pulling my sheets away.

I jump up hearing the last sentence and turn to look for Xander

"Xander is ready! I'll be taking him to the store today in a few minutes, so hurry up." I whisper a small thank you and rush to take a shower.

I wear my grey pencil skirt with a thin black belt around my waist and pick out a navy blue blouse with a gold zipper on the back.

I throw on my long black jacket and rush to do my makeup.

After brushing my teeth; I put on some lipgloss.

I run downstairs to kiss Xander and wave goodbye to Layla. I brush my long hair with my fingers while walking to Ethan.

"Ready?" Ethan says, I nod and quickly get inside. His beautiful-yet annoying-smirk is replace by a tight smile. I scrunch my eyebrows and wait for him to start the conversation but he doesn't.

The drive to the hotel is eerie quiet.

Once we get there, I don't wait for him.

I get off and begin my walk to my office.

**

I'm about to finish sending an important email when suddenly my door swings opened.

I look up in surprise.

Ethan walks in and closes the door right behind him. I look at him suspiciously as I hear the slight click of the door being lock.

"What are you doing here?" I say as I stare at him. His eyes keep staring at me. I scrunch up my eyebrow.

"Do you need anything?" He doesn't respond. I raise my eyebrows as he walks to the chair in front of me.

"We need to talk." He makes himself comfortable in the chair.

"About?" I chew on my lip and move my stack of papers out the way. I busy myself before he reaches over and holds my chin in his fingers.

"Are you hiding something from me sky?" He whispers. He doesn't move his hand but his thump begins to stroke my lower lip.

"I- what do you mean?" I whisper back. He slowly pulls his hand back.

"I mean. Do you have something to tell me? Are you worried about something?" His eyes search mine. I lean back on my chair and brush my hair out the way.

"In terms of work. I—"

"I'm not talking about work Skylar." He firmly replies.

"Okay. What do you want me to tell you?" I glare at him. He folds his arms across his chest and stares at the files on top of my desk.

"I want you to be honest with me." I don't stop chewing on my lip as he leans closer to me.

This is your chance to come clean Sky!

"I don't think right now is the right time to tell you. Can we...." I take a deep breath and tap my fingers on my desk.

"Are you free tonight?" The words stumble out of my mouth. My heart skips a beat. My mind is fuzzy and the guilt that I am feeling is finally eating at me.

"Hey, are you okay?" He stands up and rushes to my side.

No, I'm not okay.

I hate myself. I hate the thought of Ethan hating me. I hate myself for stealing and keeping Xander to myself. Ethan deserved to see his child the moment he was born. I stole something precious from him. I will never forgive myself for doing that to the father of my child. I-

"Skylar!" My eyes refocus and feel his fingers brushing the tears from my eyes.

"I'm sorry." I whisper. His hands move from my face to my thighs. He kneels before me and the scene twists my heart.

"I'm sorry." I reach for him. For a second, I feel his rejection. He hesitates to hug me but eventually moves closer to me. I wrap my hands around his neck and snuggle deeper. Needing to smell him and bury my nose in his neck. His hands don't leave my waist.

"You keep apologizing Sky, but why? Why are you apologizing?" He kisses my head.

Why are you showing me so much love when I stole something from you.

I stop myself from saying those words. He tries to pull away but I cling to him.

"Give me a second."

I try to calm down and quickly wipe my tears.

A knock on the door makes me freeze. I clear my throat and pull away from Ethan avoiding eye contact.

"Yes?" I answer. The chuckle of Logan surprises both of us.

"It's me!"

What is he doing in Ethan's company? How did he get inside?

"I'll handle him!" I quickly get up and pull him with me. I step away and dust my skirt. I pull out a small mirror and run my hands under my eyes.

"We are not done talking Sky." He places both hands on my cheeks and moves my head.

His eyes stare at mine.

"I'll let him know. I'll tell him that I am currently busy." I try to step out of his cage but he doesn't let go.

"Skylar. You just had a panic attack. You froze and kept telling me you couldn't breath. You also kept saying you were sorry. Right now is not the best time. I need to know the reason behind your attack."

My mouth falls open.

I couldn't breath? I don't remember saying anything like that.

"Like I said, if you have time tonight.... You can come over to my house and I'll tell you. Please." I place my hand on top of his. He sighs and leans towards me.

His lips touch mine in a feather-like kiss. But that is not what I need right now.

I pull his hands away from my face and stand on my tippy toes.

I devour his mouth with mine. It takes him a second before he follows. Maybe it is the way I'm kissing him or maybe he knows what I need because he sits me on top of my desk and grips my hips.

"Sky! Babe! Are you in there."

I know I should respond but Ethan is like a drug. I got a taste and now I can't stop myself from wanting more.

I run my hands through his hair and moan as his hand pushes my skirt further up my thigh. He spreads my legs open and moves in. I squeeze his hips with my legs before wrapping them around his.

"If you are busy I'll leave this invitation outside your door!"

I faintly hear Logan; I am too immerse in Ethan's kisses and touches to comprehend what is going on outside my door.

He pulls away and stares down at me. Before I can say anything or pull him back to me a loud bang on the door startles me.

Fuck my life.

I sit up straight and brush Ethan's hair. I try my best to style it. His eyes follow my every movement.

I swipe my thump over his lips and try to get rid of the lipstick stain I left.

"I'm going to kill Logan."

But Logan wasn't the one banging on the door like a crazy person.

There standing just outside the door next to Logan is Ivy.

Logan and her are immerse in their argument and don't turn around to face me until I raise my voice.

"Damn babe, why you look so sexy? It looks like you came out---" he stops as he sees Ethan right next to me.

"That explains a lot." Logan says as he stares between me and Ethan.

"Ethan? what are you doing here?" Ivy screeches out. Logan looks at Ivy and then back at us. He opens his mouth but I cut him off before he says anything weird.

"What do you want?" I say to Logan. He laughs and walks inside my office followed by Ivy. Ethan closes the door behind them.

Ivy and Logan take a seat.

I try once again to organize my desk. I pick up some things that fell off.

"Why are you guys here?" Ethan ask with an annoyed look. Logan smiles evilly and Ivy glares at me.

"I wanted to ask Skylar out. Take her to the banquet party that is being hosted by the Kendals. Did you not get an invitation?" Logan glances at Ethan as he hands me the invitation.

I take it and look back down at my chair. Just as I'm about to take a seat, Ethan moves it and loops a hand around my waist. We both fall on the chair, or rather, he falls on the chair and me on his lap.

I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to the letter.

"I'll be back." Ivy fans her face and quickly walks out.

"So are you coming with me Sky?" Logan asks.

I pull away from Ethan and he doesn't resist. He plays with my hair as I continue my conversation with Logan.

"I don't think I can go." I mumble back as I scan my calendar.

"I'll take her. When is it?"

"In about a week or so." Logan replies. Ethan hugs me from behind and peeks over my shoulder at my calendar.

"Based on your calendar, you are free that day." Ethan kisses my cheek and winks at Logan.

Logan stares at me and opens his mouth.

The ring of a phone makes me turn around to face Ethan.

He pulls it out of his pocket and looks at the caller ID.

"I have to go. Text me if you need anything for the party." He quickly kisses me on the lips and waves to Logan before walking out.

"It's so obvious. He still loves you." I freeze.

Love?

I shake my head, "No, I don't think he loves me." I sigh.

"Keep telling yourself that. You still do right?" Logan watches me as I take a seat.

Do I still love him?

"I don't know." I tell him honestly. I play with the pen and slide it across a notepad.

"He dislikes me. The moment I asked you out he jumped in." He laughs.

"Yeah, he was about to kill you." I roll my eyes.

"He doesn't have to worry though. I have Nicole." I nod.

"I know, but he thinks you like me." Logan looks at me in shock. "Wow, I think he needs to check his eyes. I only have eyes for my baby Nicole." I laugh.

"True. Hey, when am I going to see Nicole? She is my best friend too."

"She's too busy working even though I told her to take a break." I shake my head. She was a stubborn lady back in the day.

Nicole always got in trouble until she met Logan. I smile recalling the memories .

"How's Xander?" I sigh and look around my office before spinning the pen in my hand. Logan knows about Xander. I told him when I had arrived back in Florida.

But he never met him.

"He is fine. He is the replica of his dad." Logan gives me a sad smile.

"When will you tell him?" I look up at the ceiling. Just a few minutes ago I was having a panic attack. If Logan hadn't interrupted I would have spilled the beans.

"I'm scared and angry at myself for hiding Xander from him. It wasn't my intention but... there is no excuse. I'm telling him tonight though. I'm finally going to face my fear and accept whatever comes after." I look up to see Logan.

"He might hate you for a while but Ethan deserves to know. Xander needs to know Skylar."

After having a long-deep conversation with Logan, I convinced myself to tell Ethan tonight.

"I should go get something to eat." I sigh and stand up. Logan had left a while ago, and I needed food in my system after everything that had happened.

****

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

353K 7.5K 26
Jezzabelle Rose, a young 24 year old model, with a dream to make it big in the world. With her highschool sweetheart who is now her fiancé, becoming...
33.7K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
2M 58.4K 33
While Andrea Brandon dreamed happily ever after with her handsome boyfriend, the love of her life, the most eligible bachelor, Alejandro Fernandez, h...