Don't Try To Make Me Smile...

By krystalkey

"There are three things I don't do" I told him with a blank face, without a single emotion to convey "What ar... More

1: I'm Weird, Yeah I Know!
2: Fuck You! Nathan Gold!
3: His Name is......
4: Definitely wasn't me!
5: Are you a Lesbian?
6: Am I really a Princess?
7: I need a Friend/ Contest
8: I do not always wear black!
9: Cliffhanger?
CONTEST WINNERS!!!
10: Don't try to make me smile!
11: Swimming?
12: Eric!!!!
13: I hate pink everything
14: Cliff kiss
15: She's sunshine
16: Beach part 1
17: Beach 2+Fireworks
18: Prison break and Rapunzel
19: Proposal gone wrong
20: Two confessions in one night!
21: My answer rhymes with No!
22: Ex boyfriend turned Stepbrother
23: Go ahead and cry.
24: We're Perfect
25: Unconscious Confession.
26: Awkward Situations.
27: Five seconds to be his girlfriend
28: Like That!
29: Cry For Attention.
30: Don't look at me like that!
32: I Love You
33: Why does it feel like this is the last time?
34: Best friends!
35: Unanswered Questions
36: Icy blue eyes, dreamy blue eyes.
37: Never ending tears
38: Little Excuse!
39: Finding Cheryl
40: Dreams
41: I'm not Coming back
The Cliff!
Confessions

31: Some Trashy A-list Party.

471 61 66
By krystalkey

The next week of my life was both eventful and uneventful. Uneventful in the part that Chelsea had refused to talk to anybody. Not me, Eric, Nathan or even the twins, okay maybe she talked to Kess but only four words.

"Pass me the water"

Wtf! Who does that? That was when we all went to see her in the hospital and she just kept reading a book I found totally unnecessary and ignoring us. She was still in the hospital and was seeing a therapist, her sister sent her bills and saying she couldn't come here because of her busy work schedule.
But I really need to see her alone when none of the boys were there or maybe when she leaves the hospital but definitely not in school. Gosh! Too much drama!

Then the eventful part was the part of my boyfriend Eric. Boyfriend still sounds like an alien word to me, after Tyler I had never imagined that I'll be back in this phase but maybe it's all for the best. What is life without taking risk, I like Eric and that's all I need to think about now.

Eric has been really sweet and taking me know dates like almost everyday. I always like Eric's dates because we get to play a lot and eat a lot, and kiss a lot too. I get to be really natural around him and I like it, I like him.

The A-list party was this Friday and I already went shopping with Juliana the Saturday before that week. We went to shop at Barney's and I let her buy all the clothes she wanted to, Juliana is like a freaking fashion goddess and shopaholic. She had all designers name on her fingertips and sometimes I just wonder if she actually sits down to learn this stuff. Since she more than wanted to I let her buy my clothes and other stuff, then since I already had my own credit card I bought all the weird things I wanted.

On Friday, Eric was going to pick me up at my house at nine and I really didn't get why we had to come with dates anyways but I just had to go with this flow just like Eric said. He was used to this life and I was sorta used to it.

Juliana primped, premmed and prepped me for this  A-list occasion. I don't even know if those are actual words but I felt so fragile and I could break if I make the wrong movement. Juliana did my make up, which I made sure wasn't too much and my hair was tied in a tight bun that felt like they were pulling my eyes to the back of my head.

Some few years later  I was finally ready. I was dressed in a black Stella McCartney jumpsuit that fitted right into my body and accentuating my curves. No matter how much Juliana persuaded me to buy this pretty Mui Mui dress, I didn't budge. The jumpsuit worked well with me. I wore a black Louis Vuitton heels, my jewelries were Chanel which was a Chanel vintage gold chain and a black leather nameplate choker with a single bracelet and stud earrings, all Chanel.

I got a text from Eric saying he almost here, I placed my phone inside my black Versace chain clutch bag and a few make up products before stepping out of my room.

This occasion better be worth it......

I came out of my room to find Juliana already opening the door for Eric. She was wearing a red Valentino flowing dress, her hair was packed in a bun with loose curls. She looked pretty, it was Juliana after all she always looks amazing.

"Wow Eric you look amazing" I heard her squeal like a crazy fan girl when she opened the door. I basically rolled my eyes.

"Thanks, you look amazing yourself" I heard Eric's voice and my heart starred it's frenzied movement again. Why on earth am I this nervous to see Eric? Will he think I look pretty? Or is this too much? I never wear too much make up, I hardly wear heels and I never tie my hair in a bun. Thank Goodness I wasn't in a crazy red lipstick, nude went well with me.

"Cheryl get over here, your date is here" Juliana called.

"In a minute" I said before I left the corridor leading to my room to the main entrance and my eyes met with Eric.....

OMG!!!...

I died.......

He was in a freaking Gucci suit.....

He looked so different, I was used to seeing Eric in leather jackets, designers shirts, tank tops but this was just different. His hair was....OMG!!..? Eric is a total package, he's perfect, even his shadow was sexy.

I don't know how long I was staring at him but it didn't matter. I was staring at him, he was staring back at me. We were staring at each other both stunned out our appearances......I think.
I don't really know what brought us back to reality because Juliana wasn't there anymore but Eric was the first to speak up.

"You look stunning..... amazing...you look great"

"Ummm" I had to bite my lips to restrict myself from blushing hard "You look like a secret agent"

"Is that a compliment?" Eric chuckled.

"Definitely not" I shrugged.

Eric held me by my waist and pulled me closer to his chest planting a small kiss on my lips before slowly biting my lower lip.

"Do secret agents do this?" I felt him smirk while his lips still lingered on mine. Oh God! Eric stop acting so damn sexy.
I pulled myself from him trying to keep my facial expressions normal but I was failing miserably..

"Stop being naughty and let's go already" I said walking ahead of him to the door.

"Do you really want to see what my naughty looks like?"

I basically face palmed"What's up with you this night Eric?"

"You are, that outfit; you're just perfect" Eric smirked again before getting into his Lamborghini. This was a major event so maybe a BMW will be a little too small.
My mouth was left hanging at Eric's previous comment, this guy surely knew how to make a girl blush and he was even a little too off the edge this night.

We talked a little about weird stuff and made small jokes before we finally got to the hotel hosting the grand occasion which was Eric's dad's hotel by the way. Did I even mention that Eric's dad had the biggest hotel in the city, it wasn't one of the biggest it was the biggest. Although they were although large ones owned by equally rich men but Emily's Empire hotel was the biggest on the block. From what Eric told me Emily was his mother's name.

"You ready babe?" He asked me and I nodded.

"That place is going to be filled up with A-listers with not so A-list brains and shitty attitude. The world of the rich is a dirty game and everyone just plays along without any rules, well that's for the men. And for the Ladies it's a game of 'who are you wearing'

"So this piece of information......?"  I raised a brow wonder where he was getting at.

"I'm just saying" he smiled before getting down from the car and walking over to the other side to get my door.

The occasion was strictly by invitation so there was a man clad in a suit with a device on his hand. After our names were checked we were ushered inside to the luxuriously decorated men filled with men in sleek suits and Ladies in expensive gowns. My eyes met with Tyler and he was with a blonde girl from school, I didn't really know her but she was in the grade before mine, she looked good in her strapless pink dress.

I linked my hand with Eric's arm as we moved further into the hall. I noticed some teenagers at one end chatting among themselves. They looked posh and sophisticated but I think I looked better,I didn't really know them but it would be nice to ask Eric.

"Who are those?" I asked him trying to make any eye contact.

"Some kids of rich business men in the city, they all attend elite prep schools like my step brother but I'm totally grateful I don't go there because of that blonde guy holding a wine glass"

"Why?" I asked totally curious.

"In freshman year his father kept persuading my father to enrol me in their prep school, but then that guy is a total druggie he got caught with drugs in sometime later and was sent to juvie. But his family covered it up saying he went to military school, so my father decided against it and I didn't change schools"

"The blonde next to him is Lucy, a total airhead nothing reasonable to say about her" Eric continued.

"Then that's Amelia, the baby mama"

"Baby mama?" I looked amused.

"Her parents are in the medical field and everyone heard about her pregnancy in the ninth grade. I wonder how she still shows her face here"

"The only reasonable person standing there is Ivan. We were childhood friends but then he moved to Beverly hills for middle school but again he's dating that leech Lucy, so he's still like them"

"And the other two girls, nothing to say"

"That's interesting" I said totally enjoying the fact that Eric was gossiping to me, it was really funny.

"I'm just glad I didn't go to their school, even my dad knows that place is not really a school just a dump site for airheads"

"Eric" I head a male voice call Eric's name and I turned to see the guy Eric explained as Ivan and the girl clinging to him was the one Eric called Lucy.

"Ivan" Eric smiled at him not taking his hands from mine.

"It's been a while and you never bothered to call" Ivan said shaking Eric's hand because Eric refused to let go of me to do a bro hug.

"I never knew you came back" Eric said.

"I sure did" Ivan said smiling "You know Lucy, she's my girlfriend" he introduced her and the blondie wearing a black vintage gown was grinning like Cheshire cat. What was the big deal?

"Ohhh this is Cheryl" Eric said slipping his hands around my waist and pulling me closer to him. "She's my girlfriend"

"I don't know you" Lucy looked at me. "She didn't attend elementary school with us did she Eric? All rich kids in the city attended that school or are you new money?"

"What the hell is new money?" I gave her a strange look.

"OMG!! Who are you wearing? Is that Gucci?"
Now I understood what Eric was talking about, for the Ladies it was a game of 'who are you wearing'

"No it's Stella McCartney" I said still giving her a strange look.

"Ohhh" her face reddened a bit as if she was embarrassed from not getting my clothes right.

"You're wearing Chanel, you're definitely new money" she moved to touch my choker but I sent her a glare, She was so weird. I turned to Eric to give me a clue to what she was talking about.

"We should be going" Eric told them and Ivan nodded before Eric pulled me away so we were walking towards another direction.

"What the hell is new money?" I asked Eric.

"A new family that had just acquired their wealth and was gaining ground" he explained.

"You know a lot about this don't you?"

"I was born into it" he smiled.

"Let's go get a drink" I told him and he nodded, we were about moving when Eric stopped suddenly and he turned to face me blocking my view, and he had a scared expression on his face.

"My dad just arrived we need to go"

"Go where?" I gave him a confused look.

"Just follow me" he took my hands pulling me with him, but halfway to the unknown destination Eric was taking me to someone called his name. A male voice that sounded with authority and Eric froze beside me, his hand clenching mine a little too tightly.

"Eric?" I called him because he stood fixated to the ground with his eyes roaming around the place like he was looking for a quick escape. But then he to me with a slight smile then turned around.

"Hey dad!"

"Eric?" His father looked at him. Eric's dad was a boss, he boosted with confidence, authority and pride even with the way he spoke. He wore a Tom Ford suit and his black hair slicked back even though his blonde roots were still visible. He should dye his hair completely.

"You didn't introduce your date to me"

They were both looking at each other like they were communicating through some eye message. But when Eric didn't respond his father turned to me instead.

"What's your name sweetheart?"

"Cheryl Taylor" I replied.

"I must say you look much prettier in person"

"Huh?" I raised a brow "Have you seen me before?"
He replied with a chuckle that sent shivers down my spine, this man was really scary.

"OK dad, now you know her can we go and at least talk to people within our age range"

"Of course but first I'll have to borrow your boyfriend" it took me some few seconds to realize that statement was directed at me and I raised a brow again.

"Come on son, we have to meet some businessmen from Germany. You have to start learning about the company too"

Eric had an unsure look on his face before he nodded and turned towards me.

"I'll be right back, you stay right here and wait for me. Don't move an inch"

"I'm not a statue" I just hope he knew that.

"I mean it Cher" he said before moving closer and placing a soft kiss on my forehead.
Cher? That was new and kissing me in front of his dad who looks scary. What more is to come?

When Eric left the loneliness started to kick in because I didn't know one person here. I saw my parents enter earlier but now I couldn't see them anymore, then I spotted Tyler talking to his date in a corner whilst sipping on the a glass of champagne. At Least I could go talk to them for a moment rather than staring here like a freaking statue.

I was walking over to where they stood when I bumped into a man holding a glass of wine, and his wine spilled over my dress.

"Shit!" I exclaimed. I totally did see him coming, he came out of nowhere.

"I'm sorry" he apologized attempting to wipe my dress but I retreated back.

"Don't touch me" I said in the most polite way possible but my tone clearly had irritation. I didn't know him but I didn't want to come off as rude so I just kept my cool.

"Do you mind showing me where the bathroom is rather  than trying to ruin my dress"

The man had a glint of amusement in his eyes.

"Who are you wearing?"

"Does it matter? You ruined my dress designer or not" I was getting annoyed.

"Just tell me where the goddamn bathroom is?" I almost yelled.

The man sensed my annoyance and he moved closer to my side where my purse was hanging and pointed in particular direction.

"Over there" he said. "I'm Cullen by the way and I'm sorry"

"I don't care" I said walking off to where he had pointed.

There was one in the Ladies when I got there and I didn't know if it was a good or bad thing but it certainly didn't feel right, I should quickly wipe my dress and leave.

About twenty minutes later when I was done, I proceeded to leave but when I walked towards the door I realized that it was locked. That was weird. I pulled harder but it didn't budge.
Maybe it was jammed or something, but what kind of door gets jammed in a big hotel like this? Some trashy A-list party this is.

"Is anyone out there?" I yelled but no response. I dug into my purse to search for my phone to call someone like Eric or Tyler but then I couldn't find it.
What the shit was happening to me right now? I'm locked in a female toilet and then I discover my phone is missing. This had better not be some sick prank because it was scaring the hell out of me.

But then something crazy happened......

the lights went off........

Hey Guys!!

It's been a while since I wrote an author's note at the end, it's just gets tiring to do this after typing a full chapter.

Who do you think locked Cheryl in the bathroom and why?

And guys!!
I'm having ideas of publishing a new book soon. I already have the characters and storyline planned including the title, I just need to start working on the chapters.

I'll have the the first chapter published sometime next week and don't worry I'll still be writing this one and update both regularly.

I hope you all are excited to read it as I'm excited to write.

Thanks guys!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.6K 1.9K 35
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
38.4K 1.8K 25
Abisinden şiddet gören bi kızın kurtulmak için bulduğu çözümle kendini çekişmeli bi aşkın içinde bulur...
823K 26.8K 70
HIGHEST RANKINGS: #1 in teenagegirl #3 in anxiety Maddie Rossi is only 13, and has known nothing but pain and heartbreak her entire life. Only a shel...
1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...