Love Is A Curious Thing

By myliealexis7

Adelaide is Sam's niece, but he treats her like his little sister and is super overprotective. A tragedy brin... More

Meet Adelaide Turner!
All Because of Me
My New Home
Meeting The Boys
Cliff Jumping and Trusting
These Lads Are My Family
So Many Boys!
Bonfires and Beaches
More Complicated Than I Thought..
I'm Literally Right Here...
Gotta Keep Things Interesting Right?
What The Hell?
Decisions
Tragedy Hits Home
How Could You Be So Stupid?
Redemption
Own Little World
Learn Something New
The Making of More Drama
Run-ins With The Devil Herself.
What To Fight For
Fight For The Future
Fact Of The Matter
Parties Bring Battles?
Anxiety Doesn't Go Well With Vampires...
Newborns and Shattered Hearts
A Love Like This
Mother
Life Without You
The Invite
Preparations
You Still Care
Another Wedding?
Moving Forward
Love Won't Let Me Leave
A House Divided
To Chose A Side
Anything Is Possible
Most Absolute Law
No Control
The Start to Us
It Has Begun
For the Rest of Our Lives
One Heart
Together At Last
Nothing's Ever Normal...
What's Next
Most Wonderful Time of the Year....Right?
Tomorrow We Stand
All is Quiet in The End
Epilouge

The Stories Are True?

11.7K 262 4
By myliealexis7

It's been a week or so, I'm not entirely sure, I've been spending a lot of time with Jake that it all just blurs together, but it's so much fun!

We've been working on his Rabbit this whole time and we've almost got it running! He showed me his motorcycle that he rebuilt from scratch and offered to take me on a ride, but that was a bit painful..

~Flashback~

"I kinda stopped working on the Rabbit, coz well, I rebuilt this baby from scratch!" He had a big grin across his face as he points to a beautiful black motorcycle.

You see my Dad and I used to love these things, do work on them, everything. But since the accident I can't handle being anywhere near them.

I cringe away as flashes of the red truck jar my memory. I can vaguely hear Jake call my name in alarm but I'm stuck rewatching as my Dad is thrown against the pavement, my leg pinned underneath the bike and my vision slowly blackening.

I come back to the real world barely recognizing Jake's worried face in front of mine as he gently grabs a hold of my shoulders.

"Adelaide. What's wrong?" I blink my eyes quickly, dropping them to the floor, not wanting him to see me cry.

"Hey." He pulls me into a hug, and I feel safe enough to let the tears slip. "You're okay. I'm sorry, was it something I said?"

I shake my head, wiping away the rogue tears, and take a deep breath before I explain everything to Jake. After I finish explaining why I'm in La Push, he envelops me into another warm, crushing hug.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Addy. I had no idea, I–I shouldn't have offered you the ride."

"No Jake, it's alright. You didn't know, it's just still so new, ya know? I'm sorry for crying on you." I say with a small laugh that turned into a hiccup, and he tightens his arms around me.

"I understand Ads. I'll always be here for you, whether you need a shoulder to cry on or not. Don't ever be sorry." He pulls back and smiles down at me, making a small smile grace my features.

That was the day were I was able to start trusting Jake and even the other boys a bit more with my life before La Push, I was starting to open up more.

This morning I'm helping Emily make her famous muffins while the boys are "out for a run", or something. I don't know, those boys have this different agenda and are always out doing something. I haven't really bothered to ask, because honestly I don't mind the small time of quiet.

As I place the plate of muffins on the table and take one, we hear the little wolf call, the boys find funny to do when they arrive.

"Addy! How ya doing babe?" Jared asks as he sits down taking a muffin, and I roll my eyes but can't help to smile.

"Fine fine. And how many times do I have to tell you, I'm not your babe." I say with a smirk, and Embry chuckles.

"You might just have to keep reminding me. Babe." He says with a smirk and we all just laugh.

Jake then comes through the door, smiling brightly once he sees me at the table and I can't help the wide grin that crosses my face. But that suddenly falls once I see a plain, but beautiful girl following closely behind Jake.

I should've known he'd have a girlfriend...

Taking another muffin into my hand, I head up into my bedroom, not wanting to admit to myself that I was possibly developing feelings for this boy..

~ Jake's p.o.v.~

"So you're the vampire girl." I tune back into the conversation after watching Addy leave. I don't know why she left when Be–Oh. Bella. She probably thought she was my girlfriend. Oops.

"So you're the wolf girl." Bella responds meekly as Emily smiles.

"Jake was right. You are good with weird." Sam says coming through the door behind me and sweeping Emily into a kiss.

"Where's Addy?" He asks once he looks around the room and notices she's not here.

"She went upstairs a couple of minutes ago." Embry says, and I have to hold back a glare. Again.

"You know, you're going to have to tell her eventually Sam." Emily says gently, this revelation makes Sam sigh loudly.

"I know. I'm just afraid it'll scare her away. We aren't exactly normal."

"No. But she's your family and she has the right to know. It could be more dangerous for her if she doesn't." He brings Emily close to him, a determined set to his jaw.

"You're right. I guess there's no time like the present." And with that he heads up the stairs, and I bring Bella outside to explain as well.

~ Adelaide's p.o.v.~

"Can I come in Addy?" I hear Sam ask from the outside of my open door, and it makes me laugh slightly.

"Sure Sam. What's up?" I ask curiously not really bothering to sit up.

"I was just wondering if your mother ever told you the old bedtime stories we grew up with?" I sit up at the mention of my mother, now interested at where this is going.

"The ones about wolves and Cold Ones? The tribal history? Those?"

They were some of my favorite stories growing up. Since we didn't see my mums side very often, those stories made me feel connected with them.

"Yeah... What if I told you, there was more truth to those stories than you thought?"

He says timidly which is surprising. Sam isn't a timid man.. At first I think he's joking, but watching his demeanor change like this...he is telling the truth. They're real?

"You're saying vampires and wolves are real? Sam, I– You can't be serious. Can you?" I sputter out, not able to put an actual sentence together.

"Would you be alright if I showed you? It's a bit overwhelming I don't want—"

"You won't scare me away Sam. You're all I have left. And anyways, I–I've been okay with weird stuff as of recently." I mutter the last bit and he raises an eyebrow, but seems to decide to drop it.

"Alright. C'mon." He says grabbing my hand with a small smile, and pulling me towards the backyard.

As we pass the kitchen area, I can feel the looks from everyone there and do my best to ignore them. Sam drops my hand as we reach the deck, and I stay where I am. Sam smiles at me before disappearing behind the tree line for only a couple seconds.

As I wait, I don't know what to expect. I–Five minutes ago I didn't even think such things were possible and now Sam said he's going to show me? My inner conversation is cut short when the trees begin to rustle and I look over to see a massive, black wolf coming towards me.

I just watch it walk toward me, but when I don't move it stops and lowers its head. Slowly, I creep forward, my steps overly cautious until the wolfs eyes meet mine. With a shock of realization, I see Sam's eyes staring back at me.

"Sam?" I ask in disbelief. The wolf simply nods his giant head, and I can't help the giggle of amazement that escapes my lips.

"This—This is amazing!" I say with another laugh, my hand slowly reaching for his giant head.

He lowers his head slowly as I timidly place my hand on his surprisingly soft fur, a giant grin crossing my lips.

"Wow Sam." I say with another laugh. "Wait, is this weird? That I'm petting you?"

I get a snort in response and a big wolf grin. Suddenly I'm being licked in the face watching as my uncle runs back to the trees.

"Ew Sam! That's not funny!" I yell as I wipe the slobber off my face. I suddenly hear his deep laugh as he comes back through the trees.

"I thought it was hilarious! And if you think you petting me is the weirdest things that's happened while I was a wolf–" he laughs and shakes his head. "Well it's not as weird as you think."

"What? Can you like communicate with other wolves or something?" I say with a laugh, looking towards my uncle who's just staring at me wide eyed.

"That's exactly what we can do..." He explains slowly.

"Wait, we?" There's more than just him? He suddenly laughs nervously and runs at the back of his neck.

"Yeah... Haven't you wondered why the guys are always here?" And that's when it hits me..

"No shit! They're all wolves too?" I say in shock and he just nods.

"Huh. Is that why the lot of you are so warm all the time?" He laughs at my expression throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"That's only part if it Addy." He says with a smirk.

"So wait, you guys really can communicate with each other?" He nods as we start back to the house.

"When we're in that form, we can read each other's minds. Talk through our thoughts. Not as cool as it sounds though...there's no privacy."

I cringe at the thought of my most secret, intimate thoughts being shared with a bunch of teenagers.

"Well that can get awkward real fast."

"And it does." He says with a laugh. "Definitely when people are in relationships." A small cringe running through his body.

"You're usually the worst one!" Jared shouts from the couch as we come in the back doors.

"We also have super crazy hearing. No secrets here Babe." Jared says with a smirk, not aware of Sam passing behind him and smacking him on the head.

"Knock it off." Sam grumbles and Jared just sadly rubs his head.

"So, you're all wolves then?" I say as I sit on the couch next to Embry.

"Yup. Pretty cool right?" He says placing his arms on the back of the couch.

"So cool! Does everyone know?"

"Just the elders. And chosen few." Jared says, wiggling his eyebrows at me during the last bit.

"So if this part of the legends are true, then vampires, Cold Ones, actually exist?" My curiosity getting the better of me.

"Not to scare you off or anything, but yeah... That's why we're here. To protect you from them." Embry says, the group turning serious.

We all just lapse into silence as I take in all this new information. All these boys, that I've known for months, are actually protectors from our legends. The legends aren't legends, but true stories...even with their horrors..

Who would've ever thought...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 16 15
Y/n Black the younger half sister of Jacob Black moves back to LaPush after her mother dies she soon meets the pack and discovers she is a shifter w...
1.2M 20.2K 75
This is a Jasper love story about the sister of Bella Swan lets see if her and Bella are ready for this unnatural world unless Sky is already part of...
507 28 13
Begins in New Moon and follows the story loosely. Jacob finds a girl drowning after she jumped off a cliff and saves her. However, she doesn't rememb...
4.7K 64 29
Book 2 in the Evangeline Swans series, Twilight New Moon. A Jacob Black fanfic. Time to find out what's waiting for them behind the new moon.