Tempting (on hold)

iloveyou94 által

Parker Gold never expected to be swept so completely and entirely off her feet. She never expected to fall so... Több

Tempting
Chapter 2 : Hot, Hungry Gazes
Chapter 3: Surprises

Chapter 4: Connection

1.6K 119 34
iloveyou94 által

Hey people :) 

CHapter 4, here it is! Thanks so much for all of your support on this! Please VOTE COMMENT AND FAN TOO :D i love hearing what you all think!

Enjoy xx

******

Tucked into the warmth of his strong arms I only had to lift my head an inch to meet his eyes. “Your mate?”

Justin’s eyes dropped to my lips, and then back up to my eyes, waiting.

“What does that mean?” I asked him, breaking the delicate silence that hung between us.

He gave a small shrug of his shoulders, jostling me slightly and then pressing me closer to his body. “For a werewolf everything’s different.” He looked away. “When we fall for someone, our mate, it’s immediate, irreversible, and uncontrollable.”

My heart beat raced, and since I was flush against the length of his chest, I was sure he could feel it. “How do you know its me?”

He smirked “Trust me Princess, it’s you.”

I gulped, my head swirling with questions. “What now?”

Justin dipped his head, and kissed my nose. In that second, I wished that I could gather the courage to drag a hand through his hair and pull his head down to put his lips where I was dying to have them.

“Now things change.” He told me, his sweet breath fanning across my face, temporarily scattering my thoughts. “Now that they know you’re mine, you…well I’m going to need to keep you safe.”

“They?” I prompted, “Who’s they?”

His mouth flattened into a grim line. “The rogues.”

I considered that for a moment, “Like strays?”

He conceded that with a tilt of his gorgeous head, “Yeah, there’s a groups of them in this area. My pack’s been trying to track them down for a while now. Some of us traced them back here.”

“Your pack?”

“It used to be my dad’s, but when I turned eighteen it was time.” His eyes were distant, clearly miles away, “Now the Night Pack is mine.”

“How many are there? Who’s in it?”

“There’s a lot of us, thirty or so." 

We arrived at the edge of the forest across the road from my house. The lights still glowed, and I realized they were most probably wondering where I am.

“You should probably put me down now.” I told him, burrowing my face into the smooth skin of his neck. I let my fingers run through his soft thick hair and stoked lightly.

It was gratifying to feel him shiver against my touch. “I don’t want to let you go.”

My mouth curved into a smile against his neck. “Will it always feel like this?”

He chuckled, a throaty attractive sound, “Yes. Always.”

He pressed a soft kiss to my temple, then put me gently onto the ground, my body still pressed against his. His dark eyes flared at the friction of my body against his.

“I should let you go Princess. Before we do something you might regret.” I knew he was teasing, as his mouth hitched upward, but I also saw the heat in his eyes.

I nodded, and pulled out of his arms. “See you tomorrow?”

He winked at me, sending my heart into a frenzy “Absolutely Princess.”

Even though the darkness had enveloped us both, when I looked back crossed the road and looked back at him, I knew he was looking right back at me.

*

The next morning I watched my mum flip a delicious looking chocolate chip pancake at the stove. My dad stood by her, one arm wrapped around her waist, and the other with an outstretched plate.

“Are you sure you don’t want one honey? “ My mum asked again, glancing at me “You love these.”

I nodded “I’m sure.” My stomach was full of butterflies as I thought of seeing Justin, there was no way I could eat a thing.

My dad looked at me curiously, searching my face for something. “Is everything alright?”

I waved away his inquiry “Yep, everything’s great.”

I heard a car pull up, and honk twice. “Kara’s here!” I jumped up and shouldered my bag, giving my parents a swift kiss on each cheek, and rushed out the door.

As soon as I got out onto the porch Kara wolf whistled loudly. I grinned, as I approached her convertible, and slid into the front seat.

She looked at me expectantly “What’s the occasion?”

“What do you mean?”

“You’re wearing that white dress. The sexy one.” She cocked a perfect eyebrow “Looking to impress someone?”

I pulled nervously at the hem of the dress. “Is it too much?”

She put her keys into the ignition and started the car. “No way. Justin’s eyes will pop out when he sees you.”

“Who said this was for Justin?”

She rolled her eyes at me and smiled “You don’t have to say it. It’s obvious in the way you look at him.”

*

He wasn’t in school. He’d missed football practice too, and apparently he hadn't been in homeroom, or at least that's what Jake had told me when I'd asked him.

By third period I was worried, and every few minutes my eyes darted to the clock on the wall of their own accord.

“He’ll be here.” Kara whispered, for the third time, leaning across the aisle.

“I know.”

She regarded me with probing eyes, “What are you so worried about? Is there something you aren’t telling me?”

Luckily Mr.Matthews heard our faint whispering and called on Kara for an answer. It was silly that I was so worried; I knew he could handle himself. But still, being away from him made me a little uneasy.

When Kara, Simone, Aria and I settled into our usual lunch table I ordered myself not to give his absence another thought.

Instead I listened to my three friends giggling as they discussed the Senior Bonfire that was taking place this weekend.

“I hope I get asked.” Aria announced, with a wistful look at Sam Sherman across the field.

Simone pinned her with a teasing look “Has Shermy asked you yet?”

Kara and I tampered down the urge to laugh. It was strange that Aria, who was beautiful and sweet, but also decidedly unacademic, had a huge thing for the smartest guy in school. Sam Sherman wasn’t exactly attractive, but that had never stopped Aria from flirting with him.

“He still hasn’t asked me yet.” Aria moaned, dropping her head into her hands “I can’t just go. We aren’t even seniors, we have to get invited!”

Kara smiled “Guess who asked me yesterday?”

Three faces of identical excitement turned to her.

“Jake asked you out?” I demanded, clobbering her over the head. “Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”

She shrugged, beaming widely “I was waiting for the right moment!”

It hit me suddenly that Kara didn’t know about Jake. That he was a werewolf.

But before I had a chance to open my mouth, and voice the question, the purring of a motorcycle captured my attention.

The entire quad turned with interest, as a familiar figure swung off a sleek black Harley, and headed straight to our table.

I knew instantaneously that it was Justin, even before he reached up to slip his helmet off. My lips parted unconsciously as I watched him stride purposefully toward me, clad in a worn leather jacket and faded jeans.

He stopped at our table, offering my friends a small smile, before he slipped a lean arm around my waist, pulled me against the length of his body, and kissed my forehead. The appreciative way that his eyes lingered on my legs made the dress worth it. His hot hands skimmed my hips, leaving a trail of fire across my skin.

I was pretty sure that I heard half the female population of Black Falls give a collective sigh, Aria certainly did.

“Hi Princess.” He murmured looking down at me with such tenderness that my heart melted just a little.

But I held my ground, flattening both palms against his torso and pushing him away. Fortunately he got the idea and loosened his hold on me slightly, even as a frown set on his features.

I did a quick scan of his body, “Are you okay?”

He relaxed immediately and pressed a kiss to my temple “I’m fine.” He paused. “Were you worried?”

I refused to be swayed by his cuteness. “Would you be worried if I didn’t turn up to school?”

His mouth turned upside down into a scowl. “Yes.”

“After what happened yesterday, you couldn’t have just texted me to let me know you weren’t going to be in today?”

He conceded that with a shrug of his well built shoulders, “I’m sorry, you’re right. I had some things to take care of.”

“Is everything okay?” I asked pressing a little closer to him, and winding my arms around his neck.

He kissed my neck softly, the stumble of his chin scraping my skin. Lust shot thorough me.

“It is now.” He whispered.

 ****

So what do you all think? VOTE COMMENT FAN PLEASE? 

Thank you all so much for reading i appreciate all your support so much

Rach xox

Olvasás folytatása