Lance Sweets Horrible Past

By foreverliberty

Lance sweets is twenty two, and working for the FBI and with the Jeffersonian. He has left behind a horrid pa... More

Resisting Arrest?
Lance Psychology Sessions
Angela
ANGRY WYATT
The Talk
The Apartment
The box
Journal Entries
Nightmare
The Brown Journal
The Warning
The Very First Entry
What changed?
More Digging

Psychological Breakdown

1.2K 16 2
By foreverliberty

"YOU DID WHAT!!" Gorden yelled, attracting the attention of several FBI agents. "YOU ARE BEYOND THE BIGGEST IDIOTS! AND YOU DR. BRENNEN, YOU ARE THE BIGGEST IDIOT GENIUS I HAVE EVER SEEN!" Booth tried to quiet him down. "YOU JUST REALIZED THAT HE HAD SEVERE ABUSE IN HIS CHILD HOOD AND YOU CARELESSLY DRAG HIM HERE AND PUT HIM IN A HOLDING CELL?? DO YOU KNOW WHAT KIND OF PSYCHOLOGICAL DAMAGE YOU HAVE MOST LIKELY DONE?" Booth was too shocked to move. "YOU HAVE PROBABLY CAUSED HIM A COMPLETE PSYCHOLOGICAL BREAKDOWN YOU DUMMIES!" Gorden was furious. 
"Goden Gorden..." Booth began.
"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR EXCUSES YOU DIM-WITTED IDIOT!" Gorden was screaming. Now everyone was staring. "YOU COULD HAVE CAUSED DAMAGE THAT CAN TAKE YEARS TO GET OVER! WHAT IN THE HEAVENS COULD POSSIBLY POSSESS YOU TO BE SO BEYOND IDIOTIC! EVEN YOUR COMMON SENSE SHOULD HAVE TOLD YOU THAT THIS WAS A DELICATE MATTER, AND YOU WERE CARELESS!" 
"Gorden, he refused to come..." Bones began. 
"OF COURSE HE DID YOU DUMMIES! YOU LIKELY FREAKED HIM THE HELL OUT! HE JUST REALIZED YESTERDAY OR TODAY THAT THE MAN WHO ABUSED HIM FOR ELEVEN YEARS IS FREE FROM PRISON! HE PROBABLY WAS SCARED AND CAME TO YOU BEFORE YOU FOUND OUT ABOUT THIS CORRECT?" Bones and Booth looked down in shame. 
"Well, yeah, but we kind of pushed him away." Bones admitted. Gorden was furious. He was not red in the face.

"Oh, you are soo DENSE! NO WONDER WHY HE FREAKED OUT! HE CAME TO YOU FOR HELP, YOU PUSHED HIM AWAY. DO YOU KNOW WHAT HE MOST LIKELY THOUGHT?" Gorden demanded. Booth shook his head. "IT TAKES LESS THAN THREE HOURS FOR A MAN TO JUMP ON A PLANE AND FLY ACROSS THE COUNTRY. HE LIKELY THOUGHT YOU WERE HIS FATHER! YOU ARE SUCH NINNIES! UHG!" Booth had never seen Gorden this angry before. In fact, he doubted he'd seen any sane sober person this angry in his entire life, and he's seen a lot of people angry. 
"WHERE IS HE?" Gorden demanded.
"He's..." 
"YOU KNOW WHAT, JUST SHUT UP AND SHOW ME! AND GET A WARRANT TO SEE HIS PSYCHOLOGY SESSIONS! NOW!!" Gorden said, fury plain and clear in his face. Everyone just stared frozen at the conversation. Nobody ever told Booth to shut up. And, most of them were thinking what Booth just thought, that they had never seen anyone more angry than him.

Lance was forced into a holding cell, and, in his fear, simply complied. Who knew what they might do to him. He heard the door close and lock. He dragged himself to the corner, and brought his knees to his chest. His arms wrapped tightly around his knees. His head tucked between his knees. His body was shaking slightly. He was, to put it lightly, terrified. He had no doubt his biological father was part of this. He had to be. He was the only one who was still alive that knew how terrified he was of closed spaces. 
Lance waited for who knows how long. Really, it was only about six hours, but it felt longer. He stayed completely silent the whole time. Never uttering a word, or a sound. He was terrified. Who knew what Andy would do? Nobody knew, because he was psychologically unstable and likely had a chemical imbalance in his brain. 
Lance heard the doors open. He heard the clanking of keys. He pushed himself back further. His whole body was shaking violently now. Terror was nothing compared to what he was feeling. He heard footsteps entering. Lance's mind automatically started compiling information. It was a habit, and always had been. That was one of the reasons that he made such a good Psychologist. 
One set of footfalls. Heavy set by the sounds of it. Soft-soled feet. Not hurried. Likely heavy-set, muscular or overweight man. Man? Yes, definitely a man. Size 7 or 8 or in-between. Don't look up. Don't make a sound. Calm down. Breath, in and out. Calm yourself. Just breath. Don't think about what's going to happen.
"
Lance?" God, he talking! Just don't answer. Maybe then it won't be too bad. Just don't speak. Than the punishment that might come won't be too bad. It might not be bad. Just breath. Embrace whatever might happen. "Lance?" Voice sounds kind. Don't be fooled. He always was able to sound caring and kind. Even his damned brother. Just don't speak. Maybe than you'll survive this. Hu? Just think about...No wait, they don't care. 
Lance's mind unfortunitely decided to take that moment to remember several of the things his bio father had always told him.

'Why would anyone care about you?' 'You are more than worthless!' You honestly think that you'll amount to ANYTHING? You'll be lucky if you aren't in juvi! All the crap you pull!' 'Shut up! Nobody wants to hear your petty voice!' 'DON'T MAKE ME GET THE CORD!' 'One more sound from you boy!' 'Crying is for babies! You must be a baby! Can't even take your punishments!'

Gorden knelt down next to the young genius. He needed to wake him from his reverie. He was beginning to scratch his arms with his nails. He was obviously experiencing a severe relapse. Gorden shook his head sadly, glaring at the Agent and Anthropoligist. "Lance?" Gorden asked softly. He waited. Lance did not respond. 
"He has definitely reached a relapse. I hope you are happy with yourselves." Gorden said angrily to them, after standing and walking over to them. "I need you to get his psychology sessions. Get a warrant. Watch them and tell me whether or not your happy!" Gorden said his eyes narrow in anger. "Go and do it!" He said. Booth and Bones left. 
"Lance?" Gorden said softly once more. He was concerned. If Lance stayed like this, his fear would get worse, everything would get worse. It was already extremely bad. Gorden determined that he had to do something. There was only one thing you could really do in this type of situation. Gorden put a soft hand on Lance's shoulder. Lance whimpered and curled deeper into himself, shaking. "Hay, are you okay?" Lance was muttering. Gorden listened to what he was saying. 
"Sorry, I-I w-w-w-won't do it a-again. I-I w-wont. I-I prom-mise." He was muttering to himself. Gorden realized. He was in a memory trance. It was dangerous to wake someone from it. Gorden squeezed Lance's shoulder. Lance jumped and started shaking. Gorden's eyes flashed in anger. Booth and Bones, he could just wham them into a wall. 
"Lance, you need to come with me." Lance shook more fiercely. "No, no, no. I'm not going to hurt you. It's okay." Lance didn't respond to anything Gorden said other than to start whimpering. Gorden took a deep breath and stood. He pulled his phone out and called the Jeffersonian, asking for the one named Angela to be put on the phone.

"Gorden? Oh! Hi! How...What? Y-you're sure?... I-I mean it can't be anyone else?.... What can I do?...But I don't know anything about Psychology or anything!...Okay, okay, I'll be right there. Tell Booth that I'm having a very stern talking-to with him! How could he be so utterly careless?...Well, I don't care! There must have been some sort of signal or sign! I'll bet he just completely ignored them all! For God's sake! He was abused, and I doubt it was worse than what Sweets had to deal with! Can I bring the rest of the gang?...Got it...Thanks...yeah, see you soon." Angela hung up with an older Psychologist. "CAM, JACK!" The two people came running. 
"What? You find something new about the case?" Cam asked, Jack hesitated at the look in her face. She was boiling with anger. 
"What is it Ange?"
"BONES AND BOOTH IS WHAT IT IS!!" Ange screamed at the top of her lungs.
"Whoah, Ange, just calm down. Lower your voice and tell us what happened." 
"Apparently, Booth and Brennen caused a severe Psychological relapse for Lance!" 
"Ah, what..."
"Gorden said that a Psychological relapse is basically where one moment they are perfectly fine, and than, either an event or a sequence of events, puts them in a far worse condition than before. With child abuse victims, it is very common. No matter how long it's been since the abuse happened. For Lance, it's been eleven years, but that won't matter. We have to get to the FBI HeadQuarters. Gorden seems to think that maybe I can help pull Lance someway out of his relapse."
"What kind of relapse?" Cam asked. 
"From what Gorden said, it would seem as if Lance believes that his bio dad has him locked up, and his brain is unable to comprehend anything else."
"So basically, he's so terrified that his brain is convincing him that he is within his abuser's hands. So, his mind is disregarding any other evidence that is contrary to that."
"Well, than what the hell can I do?" Angela cried as they were driving towards headquarters. 
"Well," Cam said. "I don't know much about Psychology, it was just a minor I took. But, basically, now, again, I'm not an expert, when it comes to child abuse victims, when they relapse, you can pull them out of their relapse, but what they'll need is a very kind caring person, that they identify with, and recognize. They knew the person well. Kind of like a soft spoken mother angel." Cam explained. 
"Okay, I guess. What about you?"
"Oh, no! You're the only one that Sweets has absolutely no reason to fear. Therefore, you are the best bet." Cam said, laughing. 

"Okay, I'm here!" Angela said, hair flying as she came running towards Gorden. Gorden stopped her. 
"Okay, the way a few kids with a history of severe child abuse when really young help handle it, is they use their senses to figure out as much information as possible, and in some more rare cases, more severe cases, they refuse to look up unless ordered to. It seems that Dr. Sweets is one of these more severe cases. Given his personality, and his profession of choice, it is likely that he chose to be a Psychologist, not only to help people, but to better help himself in advance."
"Wha...I'm sorry, I'm lost." Angela said confused.
"A Psychologist uses what they see, what they hear, and what their senses tell them to analyze a situation. They analyze it to death, and get practical facts. In fact, I would not be surprised if Dr. Sweets would know your average height, what size shoe you wear, whether you're male or female, what your rush level was, what your body frame was, just by hearing you come up to him. Does he do some of those things to you and your collegues?"
"Yeah, a lot, actually. It's kind of creepy. He knows which one of us are standing behind him, without him actually having seen us."
"Exactly. It is likely that Dr. Sweets chose this profession, because he was already used to compiling as much information as possible from someone, probably to avoid angering his abuser, and therefore to avoid punishment."
"What?"
"After a while, it become habitual. Most of those kids who are in abusive homes and react in a similar way to Dr. Sweets, end up being Psychologists or counsilaors, or working in the Government as a detective or professional interrogator. Of course, Psychologists are also called professional interrogators. Given the fact that Dr. Sweets is the best Psychologist in the world, it is clear why."
"Okay," 
"Now, as much as I hate that Dr. Sweets is in this perdicament, I need you to help me. He trusts you to an extent or he at least likes you. So, I want you to try to get him to talk. Stand up, anything really. He is very unresponsive, and I've tried what I can do. I thought that maybe a friend might just help."
"Okay, I'll see what I can do. Dr. Wyatt." Angela said, before following the old Psychologist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62 0 10
Euphoria: A feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness. ~~ 'You're my addiction, darling. You keep me sane yet at the same time you drive m...
5.2K 118 8
Mitchell is on leave for a few days and Carlos meets a new patrol partner. Jenkins doesn't seem like a bad guy but apparently there's a lot about Car...
146K 2.3K 35
Okay, don't worry. You're ready. They'd be lucky to have you. You're a badass, and if you don't get the job, then screw them its their loss. You wait...
Trapped In My Amnesia By Liz

Mystery / Thriller

1.8K 96 35
"Sweetheart wake up. You're at the hospital." I looked up and saw the same woman hovering over me. "Oh...okay." I opened my eyes fully and...