Half A Heart

By imnieva_karleen

Anne drew, an orphan who lives with her brother and grandmother, discovers her life as a pop star. Now, getti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
NOT A CHAPTER! (but... Please Read... If You want)
Chapter 8

Chapter 4

25 3 0
By imnieva_karleen

Chapter 4

Anne drew's POV

[Next Day]

Monday. That means time for school. And it’s the last week of the month. Well, I’m not really looking forward for school because it means that I have to face another part of my life without friends. Except for Terrence though, but we have different courses and we only see each other on lunch breaks, recess, English and dismissal time. The reasons why I don’t have friends are 1) I’m not friendly 2) they’re all freaks and whores and 3) they don’t like me for an unknown reason which is good because I don’t like them back. I’m just complaining because, well… I like to complain. That’s what I do with my life. After drying my hair I grabbed my bag and went downstairs for breakfast. “Morning.” I greeted them.

“Morning, dear.” Grannie said. “Let’s have breakfast.”

I sat down beside Justin and started eating. “Jus.” I whispered. “Did you tell her already?”

“No.” he whispered back then cleared his throat. Oh no. I don’t wanna be here when he tells her. So I stood up and excused myself, but Justin grabbed my wrist and made me sit again. I gave him a death glare but stayed anyway. Do I have a choice? “Gran?” he began.

“Yes dear?” she looked at us dearly. I think I’m going to cry. I’m emotionally unstable okay? So back off.

“Uhm. We got signed to a contract at Syco. You know, with Simon Cowell?” he said.

“Really dear? Well that is wonderful. I’m so happy for you guys. I’m sure you’re parents are too.” She said. Oh that’s it I can’t take it anymore. I stood up and hugged her. I let my tears fall silently down my cheek and before it hit her head I wiped it away. “What’s wrong honey?”

“We have to go to America for the whole summer.” I said in between sobs. “A-and, no one’s gonna be left with you.”

“That’s alright dear.” She patted my hand. “Don’t mind me. As long as you’re happy, I’m happy.”

I sobbed even harder. “I don’t wanna leave you here.” I’ve always been close to her. She’s basically like my second mom. That’s why it’s hard for me to leave her.

“I can stay at Stacie’s for the rest of the summer you know.” She smiled. “Now, now. You’re gonna be late for school. Off you two go.”

I kissed her head and walked out the house with Justin, even if I don’t want to. I know she’s doing this because it’s what she promised our parents at the wake. Justin let me sob until we reached the parking lot of the school. “Shh. It’s alright. We’re gonna work this out.” He said and hugged me. “Fix yourself. We don’t want you to look like a mess when we get out.” He smiled and wiped my tears away. I brushed my hair and went outside. Terrence met us at the entrance of the school.

“Hey, what happened?” he asked with concern in his voice as soon as he saw me.

“We already told gran about the tour.” Justin explained lightly. Terrence nodded in understanding what happened. That is what I like about Terrence. A little explanation would do and he’s not the one to pry.

[Lunch break]

Since lunch is right after English, Terrence and I walked to the cafeteria. I still feel gloomy up to now. “Why don’t you wait for me at the table while I order us some food? Okay?” I just nodded and went to our table beside the window. He is basically like a brother to me. He knows what I want, what I feel and he understands me. Just like Justin. “Here’s our food Andi.” He said cheerfully as he came back with the tray.

“Thanks.” I said tiredly.

He sat opposite me and exhaled. “I can take care of her.”

“What?” I asked, surprised.

“I said I can take care of her the whole summer.” he repeated directly at my eyes.

“Y-you’ll do that?”

“Of course!” he beamed. I don’t know what to say! I feel more confident leaving grannie with him. I enthusiastically stood up and hugged him.

“Thanks! You’re the best!” I thanked him and kissed him on the cheek in excitement. Both our eyes widened so I abruptly went back to my seat. “Err. Let’s eat.” I can’t believe I just did that. That was too awkward. What did I just do? We both ate in silence and didn’t dare speak. I can feel my cheeks heat up. AWKWARD!

A week passed and Justin’s graduation came nearer. Terrence, acted as if nothing happened which is good. And now I’m just wondering why I made a big deal out of it. I mean, it’s just a thank you kiss. It’s not like I raped him or something. Right? Anyway Preston called saying that we were starting stage rehearsals today then record tomorrow. I’m quite excited actually. “Chill dude.” Justin said because I’m practically bouncing up and down my seat on the way to the practice arena.

“I can’t. I’m excited!” I yelled. “I mean, OMG! Is this really happening to me?! Yieeeeee!” I squealed.

“Are you sure it’s just about the practice, you’re excited about? Or the boys you want to meet?” he teased.

“Oh shut up. They wouldn’t be there anyway.” I rolled my eyes at him.

“I don’t think so.”

“What do you mean?” I asked him. He pointed at the windshield as we got nearer to the place. I saw that there were a lot of cars and two vans in the parking lot. Uh oh. “Are you sure that’s them?”

“Pretty much. There’s Harry.” He pointed at the person who just appeared from the back entrance of the building.

“Who’s he?” don’t blame me. I’m not very familiar with them. Remember not a fan? “Why do you know his name?” I asked him wide-eyed.

He laughed at me. “I did some research on them. You should know the people you work with.” He parked the car beside the little cars and we got out. “Are you ready?”

“Ready as a… as a… monkey eating bananas!” sorry, I’m not smart can’t think of a nice simile for what I’m feeling right now. Justin laughed at me. “Oh shut up. Let’s go!” I dragged him towards Preston which I saw is standing beside Paul at the entrance. “Hey!” I greeted them.

“Oh good! You’re here. Let’s go inside and I’ll introduce you to the boys.” Preston said then led us in. The arena was huge! And honestly, I think I’m going to faint if I performed in this kind of place. Just WOW. When we walked in the first thing I noticed are the boys running around like maniacs. If you’ll look at them they’re kinda cute but the longer you stay here the annoying they’ll get. “BOYS!” Preston called out but they just ignored him. “BOYS!” he tried again.

Uh. I think it’s time for me to enter. “BOOOOOOOOYS!” I screamed. The guys immediately stopped what they were doing. So I smiled triumphantly.

“Thank you.” Preston bowed his head to me. “PLEASE COME HERE! I’LL INTRODUCE YOU TO SOMEONE!” the guys came running towards us.

“Who’s she?” one of them sassed at me. “Louis.” Justin whispered.

“They’re the new members of the Syco family. Anne drew and Justin.” Preston said.

“Wait who’s Andrew? And who’s Justin?” Louis sassed again. That’s the kind of question I always get when we’re introduced.

“I’m ANNE drew” I said emphasizing the Anne, and pointing at myself. “And he’s Justin” I pointed at my brother.

“But you’re a girl!” the blonde dude said.

“Yeah, I get that a lot. That’s why it’s spelled A-N-N-E space D-R-E-W.” I smiled at them. The curly one chuckled so I raised my eyebrow at him.

“Sorry. It’s just kinda funny you have to say space.” He continued to laugh.

“He grows on you. Niall Horan by the way.” The blonde one said extending his arm. I took it and shook his, saying. “Anne drew Phyllis. Call me any nickname you want if you feel like Anne drew’s too long.”

“Louis Tomlinson, the sass queen.” Louis said doing the same thing Niall did and winking at me.

“Harry Styles” the curly one said after laughing.

“Zayn Malik.” The quiet one beside Justin said. I notice that his right arm was almost full of tattoos.

“Whoa dude. Doesn’t that hurt?” I asked him.

He shrugged. “Got used to it. We all have except Niall.”

“Oh okay. Where d’you get those?”

“Tattoo parlor?” he said smirking. Of course how stupid of me.

“I’d like to get one someday.” I said. Suddenly Justin pinched my arm. “OUCH! What was that for?”

“No tattoos for you young lady.” He scolded.

“Hold up! You’re?” Louis asked. Can’t stop the sass coming out of him.

“Justin Phyllis. Her brother.” He said. There were ‘ooohs’ in the crowd. I just didn’t get it.

“SORRY GUYS I’M LATE!” someone looking like David Beckham barged in yelling.

“Oh. Why is daddy direction late huh?” Louis asked. Daddy direction? Pft. Is he for real? Hahaha! I couldn’t stop myself so I burst into laughter. “Err. Why is she laughing?”

“I’m sorry, but seriously daddy direction?” I laughed.

“I see you’re not a fan.” Zayn remarked. ‘Daddy Direction’ ran towards us and apologized again for being late.

“It’s alright,” Preston said. “I want you to meet the newest members of the Syco family.” Even that sounds funny, I stifled a giggle that made Louis raise an eyebrow at me. “This is Justin” Preston went on “… and this is Anne drew”

“Liam Payne” he said to me and extended a hand. Daddy Direction said what? Liam Payne? Payne, Payne, Payne. It sounds familiar.

“Anne drew Phyllis” I said in return.

“Okay! Since you now know who’s who. Let’s start practicing!” Preston clapped his hands three times then people started entering the arena. We were ushered towards the stage.

“Hey Justin” I nudged him. “Does the Payne dude sound familiar to you?” I asked.

He thought for a moment and said “There are a lot of Payne’s here Anne.” I know but there’s just something about him. I pushed aside my thoughts and went up the stage. A hot lady, the instructor I’m guessing, went up the stage and introduced herself. Meanwhile my-oh-so-idiot of a brother whispered something to me “Do you think I should date her?” I ignored him and listened to the instructor.

“Alright,” she said. “The dance steps are just simple boys so you don’t need to work so hard. Uhm, excuse me Phyllis?” she turned to us.

“Yes?” I asked her. “You and your brother have a different number so you two could sit for a while.” She told us. We nodded and went down the stage. Since we’re not doing anything I got my phone out and started tweeting ‘Nice day at the arena. Working with the boys @onedirection @JPTheMan’ Oh no. Bad idea. But before I realized it I already sent the tweet along with the picture. So there’s no chance of taking it back. Get ready mentions it’s a One Direction hurricane!!! Ta da! Questions started pouring in.

*why are you with them?

*where are you?

*what do you mean by working?

*Take your dirty hands off them slut!

“Wrong move sister.” Justin told me.

“Yeah I know.” I agreed. I heard the instructor scold the boys so I hid my phone away and watched what they were doing.

“No! Harry could you please stop telling lame jokes.” Ms. D.I said. Apparently Harry was standing beside an annoyed Zayn. Well this is fun. “Okay, from the top! 12345678 and 12345678” the boys gave up and decided to finally listen to her. “Thank you for cooperating. Now let’s do it again. 12345678 and 12345678… change position! That’s good… 12345678! Take 5 everybody” she said and walked away looking really pissed.

“Do you really have to be so annoying?” I asked them. They all shrugged their shoulders and sat on the floor. To tell you the truth, they are fun to watch! I’m kinda enjoying myself here.

“So… you’re on the show with us?” Zayn said.

“Opening act, actually.” I answered. Why do I have the feeling that I’m the talkative one? Justin isn’t talking!!!

“Cool.” Niall commented. “What songs are you guys gonna sing?”

I looked at Justin to signal that he should do the talking since he’s the elder one; he would probably be the one to decide. “We still don’t know, but Preston told us to perform at least two songs per show. One original and one cover.”

“Have you written any?” Harry asked.

“Yes, we finished one yesterday. Wanna hear it?” Justin asked enthusiastically.

“Give it a go bro.” Liam said.

“1,2,3…” I counted then began.

[Me]

Almost, almost is never enough

[Justin]

So close to being in love.

[Us]

If I would’ve known that you wanted me, the way I wanted you

[Me]

Then maybe we wouldn’t be two worlds apart.

But right here in each other arms (Justin harmonizing with me)

[Us]

We almost. We almost know what life was.

But almost is never enough.

[Okay. Let’s just pretend that we wrote that song]

“WOW” they said in unison. “Thanks” Justin smiled.

All day we just fooled around and in times they listen to the instructor. But it was time to go. So we all bid goodbye. “We have to go!” I said, you see I’m in a hurry because grannie hasn’t got company all day and it’s getting late.

“You mean like, right now?!” Niall asked.

“Yeah. Come on Justin we have to go” I gave Justin the look that says ‘We-Have-to-go-now-and-grannie-is-home-alone. He nodded and fumbled for the keys.

“Can’t you stay for a little bit?” Louis pleaded.

“Nah. We have to go like right now because our grandmother is all alone.” I told them. Finally Justin got the keys and we were about to walk away when Harry spoke up.

“You live with your grandmother?!” he asked in shock and in interest.

“Yes, and I don’t know what’s wrong with that.” I snapped at him. Louis hit him in the… err… you know, there that made Harry wince in pain. What’s up? I looked at them questioningly but they all shook their heads and Liam pushed us out. “Bye guys! See you tomorrow!” Liam said in a hurry. I walked away still with my eyebrows raised and got in to the car. “What do you think is wrong with them?” I asked Justin. He shrugged his shoulders and started the engine.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

269K 6.3K 36
Gisella or as she prefered to be called Ella has a pretty normal life. She has a dad and a mom. But when her mom leaves for some American man and her...
15 0 10
Going on a trip she could barely afford, Samantha's life hasn't been great. but when she goes to London nothing turns out the way she planned. She me...
35.4K 626 20
What if you walked in your house only to find strangers sitting on your couch? but they're aren't just strangers, they're One Direction? Well that's...
11.2K 286 32
Arianna is just your typical girl in college. She's kind, caring, and doesn't get into any trouble, but she's still growing up and doesn't know much...