Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Anne drew’s POV

I sat on our couch and closed my eyes. I sighed as I remember what had my doctor told me earlier…

[FLASHBACK]

“Oh, hi Anne!” my doctor greeted as she us saw in her office. “It’s been a long time since I saw you. You’ve grown into a beautiful young lady.” She smiled at me brightly. She addressed me and my brother to sit down. “What brings you here?” she asked. I looked at Justin to tell him that he should probably do the talking since I’m still in shock or at least my whole body is still shaking. The doctor maybe saw the look on my face that she asked “Is there a problem?”

 Justin straightened up on his chair and cleared his throat. “Err. Earlier, she had a break down and it’s been so long since she had done that so after, she felt chest pains.” He explained slowly as the doctor nodded in understanding. “Is she alright?”

Instead of answering his question she turned to me. “Is your chest pain, that painful?” I calmed myself down and tried to feel if it really hurt. I waited and it was slowly fading so I shook my head. “Is there anything else you felt after your break down?” I shook my head again. She stood up and looked at Justin. “Is it alright if we take tests today?” Justin just nodded. The doctor took my arm and brought me to the lab where I would be x-rayed.

After a couple of hours, my results for my heart x-ray came. Dr. Morgan sat behind her desk. “What did you do when you broke down?” she eyed us. I had a bad feeling about this. Justin explained what he had done earlier and she nodded again. “Your x-ray is fine, nothing wrong with you.” She said. Justin and I both sighed in relief. “It’s probably just caused by the long time you’ve broken down, that’s why your body reacted that way. You’re okay.” She smiled. We thanked her and bid her goodbye. “Just come back if you feel anything more.” She said before we left.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

I’m just glad nothing serious happened to me. Justin sat beside me and put a hand on my knee. “Are you alright?” I nodded in response, still couldn’t find my voice. “I already called Paul and told him what happened” he informed me. GOD, what happened was totally embarrassing on my side. Maybe it seemed weird to see their friend forget to breathe. Harry must be laughing his ass out now. Then I remembered grannie.

“Jus,” I said, my voice sounding raspy. He looked at me with caring eyes. “Don’t tell Grannie, please?” at first he seemed to object at my suggestion but eventually, he nodded in understanding. “I’m hungry.” I said to him and he laughed.

“You know, that was what you told me the day we got called by Preston.” He reminded me. Of course, how would I forget that? That was the start of our new lives. “Anything you want?”

“Grilled cheese please” I told him. He stood up and kissed my forehead before heading to the kitchen. Meanwhile, I opened my phone for any messages but was greeted with a bunch of notifications from Twitter. Pfsshh. I should’ve known. I viewed them one by one and found nothing interesting. Only a bunch of hate. Oh, well. Girls, will be girls. Our doorbell rang so I stood up. “Coming!” I can already smell the cheese cooking and the smell of cinnamon covering the room. Hmmm. It smelled good. I walked over to our door and answered it. “Yes?” I asked as I opened it, but almost lost balance when I saw who it was. I mean, they were.

“Hi” they both greeted me.

“Niall, Liam? What on earth are you guys doing here?” I asked them.

Liam raised a small bucket at eye level. “We’ve got Ben and Jerry’s” I raised an eyebrow at both of them as I let them in. “Hmmm. That smells good. Who’s cooking?”