The Alpha's Promise (1st Book...

By BraveAngelGirl

Marielle Heartifillia was banished from her pack by none other than her one, true mate. Love was a rarity in... More

The Alpha's Promise
Prologue - Edited
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 ~part 1~
Chapter 12 ~part 2~
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 ~ Edited
Chapter 22 ~ Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 part 2 - Edited
EPILOGUE

Chapter 36 Part 1 - Edited

104K 3.3K 411
By BraveAngelGirl

Lol, Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri is the best song for regular Rejection Werewolf Stories.

Media ----------> Just a kiss by Lady Antebellum

Dedicated to: Insideandout1 (THANK U THANK U THANK U, for being a wonderful editor. I know you have other things to do, but at least you are taking each chapter at a time in your own pace. I really don't want to rush you into editing my chapters ;) )

(awww thanks love!! So sweet of you!): Message from editor.

Chapter 36 part 1

I eventually went downstairs to eat something since my stomach rumbled like no tomorrow. I wasn't sure if I was going to have much of an appetite after though. I was too excited for the date that Max and I were going to go on. I was all over the place: my consciousness screamed at me, asking 'When was the last time you went on a date?' while my wolf purred, “I can't wait to be connected with his wolf...” I coughed up the eggs that I was currently chewing and almost spat them out all over the kitchen table. A few pack members shot me some side glances, as if to ask me if I was alright.

I cleared my throat, “Fine. Just fine.” I almost yelled at my wolf because as soon as she said that, some rather... inappropriate images flashed in my mind.

'Oh please, don't tell me you haven't thought about Max like that? I know you have… remember last night? You weren't sleeping!' She laughed, teasing me as I started to blush.

“Mari. I really don't want to ask, but what the heck are you thinking about?” Adam asked, kind of concerned with my actions.

Suddenly Zach and Sam strutted in, both waggling their eyebrows suggestively at me.

“Oh, don't you mean... who?” Zach snickered while Sam came up behind me and stole a piece of bacon off my plate.

“Is it the alpha? Do you miss him already princess?” Sam teased, pouting in my face. I slapped him away, while trying to get back to my food.

“Excuse me?” I tried to defend myself, but the answer to Sam's question was more than obvious.

“Awe, you do! And by the tinging redness of your cheeks, I'm guessing you have been thinking some very, very bad things Mari.” Zach tutted and gave me a stern look, “Make sure to be safe tonight.”

I scoffed while Adam laughed, washing some dishes. “Please.” He turned around to face the boys, “I know how much you guys would love to have little blonde headed pups running around here, looking just like princess!”

I rolled my eyes as abruptly the room erupted with shouts of agreements to what Adam had said. Did they really have to tease me? It was so like them! I managed to finish my food and ignored the boys playing around. I dumped my plate in the sink and without further ado, went up to my room to try to find what I was going to wear tonight.

Before I had gone downstairs for breakfast, I had given up trying to find a nice dress to flaunt around Max. I hadn’t been able to find anything, and I don't think I would now. So instead of doing that, I decided to do my hair and makeup. Thank goodness the guys thought I needed some things for myself during the trips to town. At the time, I was mad that they even spent their money on stuff I rarely used. Now, I didn't think I would be so grateful that they did. Seems like the guys are more than teasing dogs after all…

It was an hour later that I finished my hair: it now fell gently down my back in perfect curls. The door to my room opened and someone knocked before taking a step inside. I whirled around to see Adam standing there with a box in his hands.

“I meant to give you this earlier, but couldn't find the right time to.” He walked to my bed and placed the box on it. I had a feeling that Adam wasn't going to be leaving soon and so I went to sit on the bed. He followed and we both just sat there staring at each other. I smiled and beckoned him to talk.

“Come on, I know that you want to say something so just spit it out Adam!” I nudged him, and that seemed to snap Adam out of his silence.

“Re-” He cleared his throat as if unsure, “Remember when I told you I loved you... and you said you wanted to be friends?”

I sucked in a breath of air, not too confident in where this conversation was going. “What of it Adam? I thought I had made it clear that-”

“I know Mari! And I'm just saying that I am going to finally agree with it. All this time, I didn't want to give up on you. I thought that there might be a chance for us, but these past months was what changed my mind. I've seen and been with you ever since you first started to like Max and it was like yesterday when I confessed to you. I guess I finally opened my eyes when Max came back home. You guys care for each other and are in love. Anybody that isn't blind can see that. Even if you aren't mates, that doesn't mean that you weren't destined to be with one another.”

I gazed into Adam's eyes and smiled. Leaning in, I kissed him on the cheek. “You're such a great person Adam. You're the best friend anyone can ask for. You really have done me good, and I don't think I would have made it this far without you. Someday, I hope you'll find your mate... and when you will, there will be no troubles, no rejections, just... love.”

Adam lightened up at my words and wrapped his arms around me for a hug. I responded, squeezing him a little to show that I meant what I said. I never want to see someone else go through what Max and I both had with our mates. Everyone deserved to be happy and I knew I was happy here with the Lunar Eclipse pack. I was happy with Max.

“Open the box princess.” Adam whispered, and I let go of him to go towards where the box sat. With one glance at him and the box, he gave me a reassuring nod. I bit my lip, before finally shrugging to then open it.

“This is your... early Christmas present!”

I almost laughed, but then stopped.

“Christmas...” I whispered, not believing that the holiday still existed. Back in the Rift Valley pack, we didn't celebrate it. All we ever did was sit around doing nothing since no one had any holiday spirit. I finally looked up at Adam, slowly smiling. “You guys celebrate Christmas?”

“Of course! Don't tell me you never...”

“No. Maybe only once when I was really young with my parents, but that was it. I can't even remember what it was like.”

Adam shook his head saying, “Well then, you sure have been missing a lot. You're going to have Christmas here and you are going to love it. The holiday is only in a week from now, so don't worry. You don't have to wait too long!” He laughed and tickled me until I begged him to stop.

“Okay, okay!!”

“Are you going to open your present?” He asked, still laughing. I could tell he was amused when I untied the bow on the box, and put it aside gently. I wanted to save my first present for my 'first' Christmas.

My fingers moved to open the box and when I lifted the lid, I couldn't hold in the gasp. *

“Oh my gosh..”

Inside the box was a glittering blue sweater dress, with a pair of long black high-heeled boots.

“How did you know my size? Where did you get this?”

I was practically jumping up and down on my bed in excitement. My hands itched to throw on the outfit.

He shrugged as if it was nothing, “Some boutique.”

“Hah, how much?” I glared at Adam, and didn't expect him to leap off my bed and out the door. My eyes widened and I ran to the door, “Thank you Adam!”

He turned around before he disappeared around the corner, “You’re welcome princess! Now get ready because you only have a few hours until Max comes. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion before taking a look at my alarm clock. It was almost four o'clock. Crap! I must have eaten breakfast late since I was too busy looking for something to wear. I added up everything in my head, only to hit myself because all the meaningless things I did took me so much time. Well, at least my hair was done, I thought consolingly.

Escaping into my bathroom, I set up the makeup I was going to wear and chose a cardigan to go over my dress.

“Okay, I have my hair done.” Check. “I have my makeup done.” Double Check. “And now, I have to put on my clothes.” I looked around the bathroom, and saw that the clothes that I had on a hook weren't there anymore. What the hell?

“Who took my clothes?!” I screamed and the whole house seemed to shake. I ran down the hallway in my robe, sniffing around for the most recent scent. I growled when I found who went snooping in my room. That little... Ugh! When I find him, I will rip his insides out and make him eat it for dinner. No one steals a girl’s clothes, especially an hour away from their date!

“Where are you Zach?” I snarled and stomped down the stairs. At the bottom, in the foyer, Sam stood there with a grin.

“Hey princess! How ya doing these days?” His grin was beginning to piss me off.

“What the hell Sam? Where's Zach?”

“Zach? Zach who?” He answered me, tilting his head to the side as if confused. I really had no time to play these games. He was obviously in on this stupid plan.

“If you don't give me my clothes right now...” I started to warn him in a serious tone.

“You'll what?” Sam laughed, crossing his hands across his chest.

My eyes flashed and my wolf suddenly sprung out,* to scare him a little. “If you don't give me my clothes, I won't hesitate to claw your balls apart!” Her voice was a tad deeper than mine and held more animosity. With that threat in the air, it would scare anyone hoping to have children in their future. If they had a future, that is…

Sam's eyes widened, seeing the seriousness in my eyes and hearing from my voice that I wasn't joking around. He sighed in defeat, pouting like a child. “Alright... he’s in the closet.”

Out of nowhere, we both heard a loud clanging noise from somewhere in the kitchen. This was followed along with a panicked angry voice screaming, “Damn you Samuel! Now she's going to kill me! So much for being like-twins!”

I smirked and sprinted for the kitchen door. There was no other way out except for the- Crap! “Don't even think about escaping out that window Zach! I'll kill you if you do.”

I heard a curse, and walking into the kitchen, I found Zach with only one leg out of the window. In his hands were my dress and boots. Growling, I held out my hands and commanded, “Give them to me.” He was about to open his mouth, but I stopped him, taking a threatening step closer, “NOW ZACH!” My eyes flashed from blue to black in a second and seeing that Zach threw me my stuff.

“Take it!” He was about to jump out of the window, but I stopped him, grasping onto the collar of his shirt. “Don't hurt me! Please, Sam! Adam! River?!!” While he called out for help, I threw him on the floor before stomping out of the kitchen.

“I'll deal with you later.”

Sam was standing outside of the kitchen and stepped in to laugh and point at a sprawled out Zach on the floor. “Haha, you wimp. You were afraid she was going to beat your ass.” Then he started to mimic Zach in a falsetto tone, “Help me, help me! Sam, Adam, River! Save me!!!”

“Shut the hell up, like you were any different!” Zach yelled getting up off the floor to push Sam. Then, summing it up, they had a fist fight. I sighed and went up to my room to put on my dress.

Boys will be boys.

* * *

It seemed like forever until that doorbell rang with Max at the door. I quickly sprayed on a spritz of perfume upon hearing it. Running down the stairs with my cardigan and purse in hand, I opened the door to be instantaneously embraced in strong arms.

Looking up, I smiled to see Max smiling down at me. “You look so beautiful tonight. I didn't think you could be any more gorgeous...” His eyes started to glaze over as he gazed down at me. My cheeks flushed as he started to run his hands through my curled hair. I closed my eyes loving the way his hands left traces in my hair.

“You ready?” he asked, taking my arm in his. I nodded in response, too excited to say anything. And it wasn't just excitement. It was nervousness. I had never been on date with Max before and well, tonight I knew was going to be one for the books…

When we got to the garage, I looked around wonderingly: I still wasn't used to the fancy cars that filled it. I'd only been in here once and that was when I had gone to the mall and Zach had sort of gotten kidnapped... But now Max was staring at me as if I would be the one picking the car. I rolled my eyes and shut them. I didn't know which one to pick because they were all too awesome. It was nearly impossible. So, I did what any person with common sense would do- eenie meanie miney mo.

When the little song ended, I opened my eyes to see where my finger was pointed to. My eyes widened when I saw that they were pointed not at a car, but a person: Max being the culprit.

“As much as I would want to be your ride,” his eyes flashed black for a second before flickering back to his piercing blue ones, “I think I'll pick the car tonight.”

I shivered when he put an emphasis on ride, and he caught on, noticing it promptly. I watched as he froze and before I knew it his hands were on my butt and his lips were on mine. I gasped in surprise and Max took advantage quickly: he didn't waste anytime sliding his tongue in my gasping mouth. Our tongues danced and I moaned at the taste of his peppermint flavored tongue. He had definitely ate some mints earlier, I thought almost as a side thought.

My hands started to slowly move unconsciously; nails digging into his coat covered muscular back. It was moments like this that I had missed when he was gone.

“Mmm, Max.” I moaned into his lips.

He groaned in response, but continued kissing me. I knew that if this went on any longer, we'd be having our first time in the freaking garage.

“I think we should stop... the date remember?”

It was like as soon as I said date, he snapped out of his lustful trance. As much as I wanted to kiss him, and ravish those pure muscles that he had, we had to get to the romantic outing that Max had so painstakingly planned.

Max sighed and reluctantly put a small distance between us, but he didn't let go of my waist. I smiled, loving the way he held me like I was his. I must have said that out loud because he snapped his head towards me and said, “You are mine, just not officially.”

I smirked replying, “Okay Alpha. If you say so.” He growled lowly and hugged me closer to him as we made our way to the car that he had picked out. It was a midnight blue, with sleek features.

“I only picked this one because it's the color of your eyes.” Max whispered, with car keys in hand.

He opened the passenger seat door, waving at me to go inside. My hand suddenly moved to where my heart was located and I made googly eyes at Max, “Awe, Max! You're too sweet.” When he blushed, which I barely caught sight of, I started to laugh.

Max didn't respond and went to his side of the car. I was still giggling when the car started. “I didn't think a kind gesture would be so funny.” He muttered, and sped out of the open garage door.

* * *

Max said that the car ride would be a little long so I decided to ask him some questions.
I cleared my throat to warn him that I was starting a conversation. With one glance, I saw that his eyes were still on the road. “Um... Since the war is over, can I talk to you about it?”

“Sure, why not?” He only looked at me for a second before facing the road again.

“Well, why didn't you send me letters or have someone tell me that you were still... alive?” I asked him, but before he could answer, other questions spluttered from my mouth, “Where were you? When was the war over?”

It seemed like the seconds ticked slowly… Max seemed like he was thinking very hard before answering. What was there to think about?

“Mari... There's something I have to tell you.”

===== ==== ====

This is part 1 to chapter 36. I was writing this and I realized it was already too long to put the date in and the.... you know in it, so I left it off like this.

Sorry for updating so late!!! I'm trying to keep my stress under control. I really don't need pimples right now >.< lol. Please comment and vote if can. I'll be writing soon.

Ciao!

-BraveAngelGirl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 54.3K 32
Sam was the lonely wallflower of her pack. She was the goodie two shoes that was as innocent as an angel; she never drank or smoked. But when she rea...
1.3M 14.9K 12
There was never a story of an alpha being rejected, it was unheard but he was the exception. Alpha Sean Dawson had everything in his life, a strong p...
63.8K 3.9K 34
Chloe has lost everything. She fights to prove herself as a true Alpha but more secrets become unraveled and there is no escaping her dark fate. Ther...
21.1K 210 16
He soon To Be Alfa She new in Town Will he give up his player life for her will she be able to forgive and move on?? MATES https://youtu.be/ZtsLYPh...