Sometimes Our Minds Work Agai...

By lilmonkey13

Ever wonder what happens when the Demigods and people around them do or feel in their free time? What they do... More

Chapter One: Percy Jackson
Chapter Two: Nico Di Angelo; Monster
Chapter Three: Leo Valdez; We all have to die someday...
Chapter Four: Annabeth Chase; The life that should have happened
Chapter Five: Sally Jackson; My Love
Chapter Six: AU Nico Di Angelo; A Strange Death
Chapter Seven: AU Luke Castellan: Good-Bye
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine: Hazel Levesque: The Replacement
Calypso: Left Behind So Many Times
No One is Aboard, No One Has in a Very Long Time
No One Will Be Here for a Very Long Time
Piper McLean: No What My Dear?
Jason Grace: Another Mess Up
Dwelling On Dreams
Millie and her friend
Thunder Cracking Me
Leo Valdez: We All Have Those Days
Chapter Twenty
He Left, But I'll Be Okay...
Nightmares
The Exchange of Notes
Nico Di Angelo: Ohhh Death
Percy Jackson: High School Gone Wrong
Leo Valdez: Crashing, Smiling, Breaking
Chapter Twenty-Seven; Revenge
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Hazel Levesque; Music
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Echo; Silent Cries
Chapter Thirty: Valentine's Day; Leo Valdez
Chapter Thirty-One: Valentine's Day; Leo Valdez
Chapter Thirty-Two: Percy Jackson; Carry On
Piper McLean & Jason Grace: There, there
Percy Jackson: I STOLE THIS ONE FIRST!
Chapter 35: Future AU; Lilly
Percy Jackson; I'm so Sorry
Hazel Levesque; Again
Frank Zhang; Moonshadow
Leo Valdez; I See Fire
Piper McLean; Say Something
Chapter Fifty
Chapter 51: I--I'm Fine
52: Nico Di Angelo; Longest Conversation
53: Jason Grace; Hey There
54: The World Doesn't Revolve Around You pt. 1
55: The World Doesn't Revolve Around You pt.2
Fifty-Six Delivery Service
Fifty-Seven I was only a child
Chapter Sixty-One: Fun at the Circus
Homecoming
Part 63:
Part 64: Don't Take a Drink
Untitled Part 65
Part 66: Premeditated
Part 67: And if You Just
Part 69: When Ghosts Fix Pacman Machines
Part 70: The Happy Questions

Percy and Annabeth: All Grown Up

2K 69 70
By lilmonkey13

Sometimes Our Minds Work Against Us...

Chapter Sixteen: Percy and Annabeth: All Grown Up

http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1d2v7i//parents_of_reddit_what_is_the_creepiest_thing/?limit=500 Idea from here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A/N: I thought I would warn you that this is my probably poor attempt at Thriller. Tell me at the end if you got creeped out and I thought I would warn you just in case you don't like thrillers. You have been warned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annabeth holds the baby girl in her arms as I smile down at the two of them. Her hair is curly like Annabeth's and black like mine. Her eyes are bright baby blue but Annabeth thinks that they will be green when she is older. I smile at the thought and gently stroke her mass of black curls. 

When Lily is one she says her first word and it makes us a little worried. "Silena!" From what Grover had told us, it was Mama for all his kids. It was a little funny when this happened because Piper and Jason were visiting. "Wasn't that one of the Aphrodite girl's names?" Piper asks. I nod and tell them how she had died at the Battle of Manhattan. How she was one of the leaders and how her boyfriend had died a few months back. We don't bring it up again and act like nothing happens.

After another few months I put Lily down for a nap and head back down to watch a little TV with Annabeth. The baby monitor is placed right behind the couch so when we heard crying we quickly went up to check on Lily. She wasn't crying how she normally did when she needed something, she was weeping. Quietly tears were running down her face as she watched a corner of her room. "What's wrong sweetie?" Annabeth asks picking Lily up in her arms. She points to the far corner of her blue room, which now looked pitch dark. I turn to Lily and point, "There?" She nods and I begin to walk towards it, however this makes her scream for me to stop. I come back over to her and she says to not to, that he's dangerous. "Who sweetie?" Annabeth questions now becoming worried. She just shakes her head and buries it into her mother's shoulder. We walk her back down stairs and I keep Riptide at the ready for the rest of the night. 

At her second birthday my mom is holding her telling her funny stories and making her laugh. Then at one point as they sit in the bay window talking Lily stops laughing and turns to her seriously, "His golden eyes are staring at you, and they want your son." She then went back to talking about how she liked ponies more than dogs. When Mom tells me about this and I question Lily about it she shrugs, "Mommy says I do it a lot, I think it's the golden guy talking." I try to ask her more but she quickly skips off saying that her friends want to play.

When Lily starts school I'm worried, what if monsters smell her like they did me? However, Annabeth convinces me that it's best for her to go to school and we see what happens. When we get a call from school I expect the worst. The teacher refuses to tell us what is wrong but insists that we come down and speak with her. We quickly drive down to meet her and we find her waiting out front holding Lily's hand. Lily waves at us and we wave back, I hop out of the car and do a quick check to see that the school is still intact as we had left this morning.

"Mr. Jackson," The teacher calls me back to the real world and I turn to face her. "You and your wife please come with me to my room please." I quickly walk with Annabeth and Lily into a small brightly lit room with a rainbow of colors and letters which move and dance around in my head because of my Dyslexia.

She motions for us to sit and we do in tinny chairs in front of a large circular desk with a space for the teacher in the middle. "Lily will you tell your parents what you told me at recess?" She slowly nods but sits quietly in her seat beside Annabeth. "Sweetie you can tell us anything, and it must be important or Miss Jane wouldn't have asked us to come down here...will you please tell us baby?" She looks up and her Hazel eyes fill with tears, they go from a brown gray to a bright seaweed green. She shakes her head and covers her eyes and begins to weep like children shouldn't. I get up and kneel her down in front of her, I give her a tight hug and tell her that we will believe anything she has to say, because if something is trying to hurt her me and mommy will kill it. She slowly nods and looks up at Annabeth and I.

"I was playing with my friends." Annabeth raises an eyebrow and then looks at Miss Jane. "What's wrong with her playing with her friend?" Miss Jane tries to get Lily to say more but she won't and starts crying after Miss Jane raises her voice. Annabeth takes her out of the room and waits with her in the hall while I talk to Miss Jane.

"She wasn't playing with anyone. She said she was playing with a girl and boy, but they weren't there. We were worried and thought you should know." Miss Jane explains.

"Well, who did she say that they were?" I ask.

"Someone named Charlie and Silena." I shake my head and laugh, No the only Charlie and Silena that I've ever meet are long gone, she couldn't even know about them I think to myself. It's just a coincidence.

A few years later, around the time Lily was seven, Nico came to visit. We were joking around and talking and the topic of Ghosts come up, and I can't help but think about all the incidents that had happened since Lily had been born. "Nico can there be ghosts, and if there were would you be able to tell?" He looks at me confused and shrugs, "Yeah I guess I could, theoretical. I've seen plenty of them at Camp, both actually, so I wouldn't be surprised." He looks up at me and suddenly all I can think about is all the incidents that had happened since Lily had been born. Then when Annabeth had had Lily's little brother she had said the oddest thing, "Hello again, don't worry she'll be back soon Auntie said it's only a few more months." We don't ask her what she was talking about, but it worries Annabeth to all extremes because Piper had called the night before saying that she was pregnant. 

Nico asks why, and I just pull him up to Lily's room, I tell him to check around the room and Nico shakes his head standing in the door way, "I don't need to." I ask what he means and he points to Lily's bed where she sleeps soundly. Lily's lamp clatters to the floor and Nico walks in. He makes the creepiest face I've ever seen and grabs his sword from his back, I hadn't noticed him wearing it but currently I was glad he had. He tells me to get Lily and when I do I see something glowing from the corner of my eye. I swallow hard and bring Lily down stairs giving her to Annabeth. Heading back upstairs I look at Nico who stands in the same spot. "Nico?" He turns and his face is ashen, he grabs my arm and pulls me out of the room and shuts the door behind him. 

He doesn't say a word but heads down stairs to where Annabeth sits with Lily in her lap and Piper and Jason sitting at the table with her. Nico quickly grabs Lily and puts her on his hip, and then he is gone. Annabeth looks at me her eyes wide with worry, she starts asking whats going on and I can't answer her. Jason and Piper are just as confused but Piper being the most sensible pulls out her dagger, from her purse since her belly is now to big to have a belt on. Looking into the dagger she frowns then her eyes slowly expand to saucers.

Annabeth grabs the dagger from her and watches a scene then hands it to me, Nico is holding Lily in a dark scene with their hair being thrown almost off their skulls. Their shadow traveling. I watch as the scene changes again and they are now in a familiar cabin with green torches burning on the inside.

"There at the Hades cabin at camp." I say handing Piper back the dagger I grab my coat and car keys and tell Annabeth I'll be back soon. I get in the car and drive like a maniac all the way to camp half blood. 

~~~

When I shadow travel to the Hades cabin I know I only have a few minutes before Percy is there to kick my butt for sort of kidnapping his kid, but I had to know what I saw was what Lily was seeing.

"Hey, Lily tell me whats in your room when you are sleeping and it's dark." She begins to shake her head but I shake mine. She stares at me confused but I continue to shake my head. Slowly she starts to nod her head and I smile. "Okay, good now please tell me who is it that you see?" She sighs and the little seven year old sits down and stares at me, "You won't believe me."

"Will too." I retort.

She looks up and sighs again, "I see Mommy's friend, he said he was Mommy's friend. His name is Luke and he wants to help keep me safe, he says that he is sorry and that he is sad. He says that he did bad stuff and hated Daddy, but now he is sorry and wants to make up for it by keeping me safe, but sometimes the other guy comes." I nod and motion for her to continue.

"Who is the bad guy?" She struggles for the word then seems to have it, then sighs again, "It's great grandpa. He says that Daddy has to pay for killing him, and that it wasn't right. That Mommy and Daddy killed him and that I had to go with him so Mommy and Daddy won't get hurt, and sometimes he comes with me to school, but then no one believes me that he's there and laughs saying that he's going to hurt me if I tell anyone. He said he was going to hurt anyone I told too, Uncle Nico I don't want you to get hurt!" She grabs onto my shirt and holds me tight crying saying that she is sorry, but I hug her tightly saying it's not her fault.

A/N: So yeah that was really long and kinda weird and probably confusing but yeah hopefully a little unnerving Thank you for reading and sorry again for this really long weird (possibly) creepy chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

137K 4.9K 39
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
541K 8.4K 85
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
1.3M 56.7K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC