Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods

By YouNique09

"Another school year starts in Sinclaire Academy, do you dare to enter again?" - I suggest you read Sinclaire... More

Sinclaire Academy: Half Bloods
Welcome to Society by e.h
Prologue
Chapter One: Welcome to Society, Bitch
Chapter Two: Fireproof
Chapter Three: The girl with violet eyes
Chapter Four: Get close, but don't get burned
Chapter Five: Sweetest Downfall
Chapter Six: Bown down to the Queen
Chapter Seven: Stormborn
Chapter Eight: Curious little thing
Chapter Nine: Wandering girls
Chapter Ten: Riddles
Chapter Eleven: Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve: The game of push and pull
Chapter Thirteen: Silver lining
Chapter Fourteen: Add fuel to the fire
Chapter Fifteen: Likewise
Chapter Sixteen: Unexpected Moment
Chapter Seventeen: Salted Wound
Chapter Eighteen: Look beyond
Chapter Nineteen: Ability Phase
Chapter Twenty: Traveler
Chapter Twenty-one: Change and unanswered questions
Chapter Twenty-two: Follow her lead
Chapter Twenty-three: Feel the wind
Chapter Twenty-four: Little Ezra's defeat
Chapter Twenty-five: Burn
Chapter Twenty-six: You tell me
Chapter Twenty-seven: Love
Chapter Twenty-eight: An arrow through the heart
Chapter Twenty-nine: Act of selfishness
Chapter Thirty: Fragile little Flame
Chapter Thirty-one: Highly Unlikely
Chapter Thirty-two: What goes around, comes around
Chapter Thirty-three: Pieces of a puzzle
Chapter Thirty-four: Change of disposition
Chapter Thirty-five: Too curious
Chapter Thirty-six: Four Parts
Chapter Thirty-seven: Safe zone
Chapter Thirty-eight: Crashing from the high
Chapter Thirty-nine: What am I?
Chapter Forty: True form
Chapter Forty-one: The Key
Chapter Forty-two: Broken again
Chapter Forty-three: Between how it is and how it should be
Chapter Forty-four: Between who you are and who you could be
Chapter Forty-five: Alpha
Chapter Forty-six: I'll tell you mine, you tell me yours
Chapter Forty-seven: Just like that
Chapter Forty-eight: Burning Bridges
Chapter Forty-nine: The Light
Chapter Fifty: Click
Chapter Fifty-one: Maybe I do
Chapter Fifty-two: Guardian Angel
Chapter Fifty-three: No going back
Chapter Fifty-four: The lesser of two evils
Chapter Fifty-six: Change of fate
Chapter Fifty-seven: Turning Point
Chapter Fifty-eight: Chosen
Chapter Fifty-nine: Free fall
Chapter Sixty: Point of no return
Chapter Sixty-one: The Beginning
Chapter Sixty-two: The End
Epilogue

Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures

77.6K 1.9K 544
By YouNique09

Chapter Fifty-five: Low hanging vultures

- Cassandra Flame -

Flame was in the middle of brewing potions that afternoon when the door creaked open.

"So how'd it go?" she asked, not even turning back to look at him.

Zeus' groan told her it did not go well.

Flame finally faced him. He's lying face down on the old greek style couch looking very sulky.

"I'm guessing she said no" Flame smiled slightly.

Zeus grabbed the maroon plush pillow and pressed it against his face to muffle his screams of frustration.

"Just let it out" Flame sighed.

They had a pretty interesting conversation last night and had come to an agreement that Zeus will come to her if he's letting his emotions get to himself again. Hindi iyon ang inaasahan niyang magiging set-up nila but she thinks it's for the best.

After a few seconds of frustrated screaming, Zeus finally stopped.

Flame went back to her brewing couldron. Wala lang talaga siyang magawa ngayon so she decided to make potions before they head home this afternoon.

"Am I being insensitive?" Zeus asked a second later.

"Insensitive to who?"

"You"

Flame stopped stirring, her eyes zeroed on the boiling green liquid. She knew he'd ask something like that. Bakit naman hindi? Medyo absurd ang situation nila ngayon."After what I said last night then yes you are being insensitive towards my feelings but I chose not to be affected by it because I want to help you para hindi mo na kwestyunin yang buhay mo"

A guy seeking the help of his ex-girlfriend to fix things with another girl. No matter how many times she repeats it in her head it just sounds downright absurd. Some would masyado syang selfless o martyr. She doesn't care if people will judge. Gusto lang niyang tulungan si Zeus.

"I'll just leave then..."

"No. Sit down. Talk"

Nanatili nga itong naka upo. "Sorry again" he mumbled like a child. "I just had to ask it"

"I took it seriously so no harm done," Flame sighed. "At least that's clear between us. You need to think straight and sort out your priorities, Zeus Achilles"

Yes, the 'take me back' thing he said last night was a test foe himself and for her.

He nods like a child again. "Yes, Ma'am"

"So what happened?"

"She rejected me again" Zeus grumbled.

Flame raised her brow. Inasahan niya na iyon. He clearly stated that Seige is determined to avoid him kaya bakit ito papayag na maging date nito sa Ball?

"Ano talaga yung sinabi niya sa'yo"

"She said "I'm sorry, Zeus Sinclaire. I can't" I hate it when she says my name like that"

"You missed a key word there," Flame points at him, smirking a little. Boys are so dumb sometimes.

"She said 'I can't' diba? If she said 'I won't' then sarili niyang desisyon 'yon---"

"But she said 'I can't'" Zeus' forehead turned into a knot. "Ibig bang sabihin non she already has plans?"

"Or someone already decided for her," Flame sighed. She knew those kind of answers so well dahil minsan na siyang sumagot kay Zeus ng ganong paraan.

"See the difference? I told you not to let your emotions get the best of you"

Zeus stared at her in wonder, realizing what she's on about.

"Na intindihan mo na?"

"Flamey---"

Both their heads whipped to the door the same time Asher stopped. He looks startled because of Zeus' presence.

"What?" Flame asked him, more casual than she intended. Asher will surely question her about this.

Asher, looking skeptical, slowly lifts his hand to point at the two. "Should I be worried?"

"No" sabay nilang sagot.

"I mean you two are talking again and back at the resort---"

"Don't bring that up" Flame stopped him. "Don't bring everything up to make this," she gestured to her and Zeus. "Awkward. We're fine with the state of things right now so just shut up. Ano nga yung sasabihin mo?"

"Okay, Ms. Bossy" Asher grumbled and scratched his head. "Ezra said she'll meet you at the parking lot in ten minutes"

"Dress shopping?" Zeus asked.

"What else?" Asher rolled his eyes.

"I'll go get my keys. Sasama ako" And he stood up and left.

Nakatingin lang si Asher kay Zeus nang umalis ito, when the door finally closed, he turns to Flame.

"Aiane already has a dress. Enzo bought her one this morning," He pointed out, confused. "You already have a dress. What's he going dress shopping for?"

Parehas nilang tinignan ang parcel na pinadala ng Tita ni Flame kahapon. Nakabalot padin dito ang dress na pinapasuot sa kanya.

She doesn't know why he suddenly wants to tag along, noon palang palagi lang itong napipilitang sumama tuwing mag sho-shopping silang girls or si Ezra lang.

"Let's see and find out"

The hitched a ride with Zeus. Isang sasakyan nalang ang ginamit nila, much to Ezra's chagrin. Hindi na sumama si Enzo kahit ano pang pilit ni Ez. Masyado na daw silang marami. Hindi naman daw ganon kabigat ang isang paper bag.

Nag kasya naman sila sa convertible ni Zeus.

The ride to Town Square was awfully quiet dahil ayaw nga ni Ezra sa presensya ni Zeus. Apparently she blames him dahil hindi na sila kinakausap ni Seige.

Ilang beses ring tinignan ni Flame si Zeus, telling him with her eyes to control himself. Bukod kay Enzo, si Zeus lang talaga ang may ganang pumatol kay Ezra.

Ezra dragged Asher along different shops while Zeus and Flame followed close behind. Paminsan minsan ay tumitingin din ito ng damit.

"Anong kulay ng sa'yo?" He asked when they stopped at one shop for Ezra to try on multiple dresses.

"Hindi ko pa nakikita" She followed him as he searched.

Flame was actually nervous for the Council Ball dahil siya ang magiging representative ng Vander family. Her Mother and Aunts couldn't come so they left it all on her. When she recieved the letter from her Aunt Tatiana halos hindi na niya mabasa hanggang dulo. Iniiwasan nalang niyang isipin dahil ayaw niyang ma-pressure at isa rin ito sa rason kung bakit kailangan wala siyang date. She is required to attend the ball without a man beside her.

Book of spells and potions were inside the parcels they sent. Pati na rin mga rare ingridient for potions na hindi kayang i-provide ng Academy para sa kanya. Ilang beses na rin siyang sinabihan nito na bumisita sa Terra, even her own Mom was reminding her to visit Terra. Hindi niya kaya. She's more comfortable here in Hangrove. Doon kasi para siyang binuhusan ng tubig pag tapak palang niya sa bahay because of how empty it felt.

Naalala niya din ang isa sa rason kung bakit mas pinili niyang manatili sa Hangrove and why her Mom let her off in the first place.

"Maganda ba 'to?"

Flame snapped out of her reverie when Zeus showed her a peach halter dress.

Umiling siya dahil masyadong dull tignan.

Zeus sighed, looking defeated then returned it to the rack. "I'll just keep looking then"

They transfered to a different store dahil walang napili si Ezra.

Zeus kept looking around until he entered one hallway filled with gowns.

"Asan na si Pare?" Asher materialized next to Flame, puno ng dresses ang braso nito.
Lahat ng natitipuhan ni Ezra tinutulak nito kay Ash.

"He's there," she motioned to the hallway. The determination Zeus' eyes showed as he searched through every rack made Flame realize kung kanino talaga ang dress. Why hadn't she thought of it sooner?

"He doesn't know how to give up" Umiling siya at sinundan na si Zeus the same time Ezra yelled for Ash.

He already has his eyes on one dress when Flame caught up.

She stared at it before glancing at him.

Kinuha ni Zeus ang dress at tinignan ito ng mabuti. "What do you think?"

"What do you think?"

"I think this is the one"

"But I thought she said no?" She casted a wary glance at him.

"In case she changes her mind" Zeus shrugged and ran to the counter, clutching the dress in his hands.

----

- Athena Adrianne -

Athena had to bit her lip to stop herself from smiling.

Everything that happened seemed so surreal.

She can still feel the way his hands held hers noong pabalik na sila galing Mermont.

She did not expect the way Enzo took everything in. Hindi ito nagsalita while Aisling explained everything to them again. Ni hindi nga ito kumurap when Amarande came flying in, golden wings and all.

Enzo only showed a tinge of emotion when Aisling mentioned Aria. It's obvious he became worried.

Palipat lipat lang ang tingin nito kay Aisling at Amarande who were the only angels present in the room. The first thing Enzo said was "What you want from her is too dangerous" when Aisling got to the main point.

That baffled Athena a little dahil wala namang kaso sa kanya kung ano ang gustong gawing ng mga ito. But now that she's thought about it, traveling through the time they want is dangerous and also hard because she had nothing, no visualization of how Mermont looked like in the old days or in the Angels' memory.

"We're not fully aware of what Aiane can do and how her ability affects her body. What your requesting may be too much"

"Ayos lang naman," she had to whisper back. He's more worried of her welfare than being excited about discovering a new race.

"Nagsisimula palang naman ako. Kailangan ko pang mag training" Athena reasoned to him.

Enzo was fazed by how the Angels stood in front of them. Like they're just normal people for him.

Athena however was still enchanted by how graceful Aisling looked yet she emitted a weird vibe.

"We will wait until she's ready" Amarande answered Enzo.

That was the end of it. Athena hadn't gotten a chance to see Ambrose. She had questions for him. Nasaan kaya ito?

Hindi kumportable mag tanong kay Aisling o kay Amarande because they were too intimidating, lalo na't kasama pa niya si Enzo. Ambrose was the friendlier one. The vibe seemed heavy nung silang apat lang sa library. Ysobelle's presence would've helped too but she didn't show up.

Sana nagkaroon din siya ng chance malibot ang castle bago sila bumalik. She was too shy to ask for a tour.

Bumalik sila through passage again assisted by Ariel. Nginitian lang sila nito nang lumabas sila sa shop.

Athena noticed how Enzo's speed picked up when they were back on the road. Why wasn't he saying anything? His lack of words or opinion to share rattled her a little. He just discovered Angels exists!

"So, Angels..." Athena awkwardly started trying to get something out of him.

"I expected less," nanatili ang mata nito sa daan.

"Yon lang talaga ang sasabihin mo?"

"What do you want me to say? Gusto mo sumigaw ako?"

"It's not that," Athena stressed. "Tell me what you think..."

She saw him purse his lips as if he's contemplating on telling her or not.

Napansin niya ding hindi daan pabalik ng Academy ang tinatahak nila.

She doesn't care where they're going. As long as he's with her she's safe.

Enzo didn't say anything hanggang sa makarating na sila sa West border ng Hangrove.

He stopped the car by the road and swiftly got out. Athena followed suit, the wind slapping her as soon as she opened the car door.

Mas malakas ang ihip ng hangin sa parteng ito ng Hangrove while the wind is colder in SA since it's in the north.

The waves were colliding loudly with the rocks below. Kahit na malakas ang alon parang crystal parin ito sa ilalim ng buwan because of the water creatures living in it.

Enzo leaned on the hood of his car, gaze fixed ahead and crossed his arms.

Why would he take her here when they could just go home?

"Why are we here?" Athena asked, leaning on the hood too. Her hair was flying to different directions because of the wind. Hindi niya sinubukang ayusin ito.

"The waves reminds me of something..." He answered crypticly before sighing.

"And you need to be reminded of that now?" Ngumuso siya. What do waves remind him of?

Enzo didn't answer instead he shoved his hands on the pockets of his sky colored hoodie. Athena wished she had worn a hoodie too. Wala rin siyang bulsa kaya pinagsalikop nalang niya ang kamay niya to keep it warm.

"Were they really watching us all this time?" Enzo asked a few seconds later.

"That's what they said" Athena shrugged.

"How?"

"They have their ways," she sighed in content, finally appreciating the cool breeze. Her hands still feels cold though.

"Are you doubting them?" She turned to him.

Enzo shook his head. His action stated he doesn't.

"They must know everything about us then"

"I guess they do," Athena smiled slightly. Knowing that made her feel uncomfortable but she learned to ignore it. It doesn't made her feel because she had done nothing wrong.

Enzo looked like he was in deep thought as minutes passed by.

Athena didn't have to courage to ask what's going on his head anymore because he looked so serious. Pinroblema nalang niya kung paano poprotektahan ang kamay niya sa lamig.

Habang tumatagal sila dito mas lalong lumalakas ang hangin. Her body adapted fast, slow lang ata ang kamay niya. She's starting to question her body. It's not functioning the way it should.

Her hands were suddenly snatched away by warmer ones.

She frowned as Enzo took ahold of her cold hands. "It's unfair. Why are yours so warm?"

The sudden complaint took her a few seconds to realize what situation they were in and what he was doing.

He was warming her hands by lacing it with his.

Enzo smiled, all seriousness gone. "I think it's time to head back"

That wasn't the end of it.

He held her hand hanggang makarating sila sa Dawn.

The next day made her crazier than the night before. She didn't see Enzo in the morning, she thought he decided to sleep in dahil late na sila naka balik.

Everyone in the table had their minds elsewhere kaya wala rin siyang mapagtanungan. She decided to observe everyone else instead to keep her mind occupied.

Since Seige is ignoring them, malabong maging date it ng Kuya niya. It's clear because of how her brother's blank expression and how often he glanced at Seige's table.

Nabilhan na kaya siya nito ng damit?

Noon hindi naman siya nagtatanong because he automatically buys a dress for her in any kind of event. Ang Mama na siguro nila ang bumili ng damit sa kanya since her brother isn't doing or saying anything.

Athena also thought how dates weren't necessary when Ezra mentioned it again. But she's going with Enzo so she just went with it.

The conversation turned to another party. The last hoorah before the holidays. Asher is planning it and they were brainstorming about the theme.

The conversation went on hanggang matapos ang breakfast. Zeus lead Athena to her class without saying anything.

During the hours of hell, naalala niya si Aria. Hindi pa pala niya ito napupuntahan since last night.

She made a mental note to drop by at lunch.

The next hours came by fast. Nabisita na niya si Aria at kinamusta ang kondisyon nito.

She was preparing to go home when she found out Zeus left with the others to go dress shopping. Hindi siya sigurado kung nakalimutan siyang iuwi ng Kuya niya o babalik pa ito sa Academy.

Gianna was already escorted home as soon as class was over so she had no one.

Zeus won't forget her. And besides kailangan nilang iuwi si Aria kahit ano pang tutol nito.

If they went dress shopping then matagal pa siyang maghihintay.

She kept herself busy by studying. A few weeks from now exams na nila. It's always great to read ahead. She also did a bit of their homework.

Her eyes were scanning the paper they had to pass next week which she already finish when a knock came.

"It's open!" Athena yelled back, scanning the paper again for possible mistakes.

"You're already doing homework due next week? What a nerd"

She had to roll her eyes at Enzo's comment before dropping the paper. "Wala kasi akong ma---"

She said that mid whirl of her chair kaya natigilan siya nang makita kung anong hawak nito.

"I know I'm not obligated to buy you a dress but since you're my date I felt like I needed to"

He held up a paper bag that came from one of Hangrove's well known designer grinning like an excited little boy on christmas.

The dress fit perfectly on Athena and it somehow made her feel more confident now that she is standing on top of the staircase waiting for the cue to descend down. She eyed him again.

He's already down with his family. Nauna ito sa kanila because they arrived later than expected, breaking the no. 1 protocol.

Their Mother couldn't care less though.

She had to grab on to Blake's arm to stop herself from laughing when she caught a sight of Enzo's tie.

It was the same color as her dress which was rather odd but in a very cute way dahil pastel ang kulay nito.

Enzo doesn't look like the type to wear pastel.

Hindi agad siya nakalapit dito when they descended down to join the party.

Athena saw other ranks bowing down gracefully to Purebloods and the lower ranks did it to them too. She's thankful that her grandparents were present, it somehow diverted everyone's attention.

Blake ran off to where Lizzy was at and before Athena and Zeus could escape a woman stood in front of them with a familiar face on her tail.

Syre Van Syckle bowed at the Sinclaires presence then stepped back as Sherina La Valse stepped forward.

Athena knew her of course and she is one of her least favorite council member.

"Sinclaires," Sherina smiled yet distaste was evident in her tone. "You're suprisingly late"

Athena had to watch the expression of her parents and to her suprise both looked rather amused.

"Blake had an afternoon nap and he's pretty hard to wake up," her mother answered.

At the mention of the youngest child, Sherina's eyes turned to them.

Zeus looked impatient like he's dying to walk out as of this very moment.

Sherina looked as if she's expecting for them to do something.

Once it clicked to Athena, Zeus already beat her to it.

"I'm a Sinclaire. Why would I bow down to you?" Zeus said.

After that he walked off, taking it as an opportunity to escape.

Sherina couldn't hide her scoff at how disrespectful Zeus sounded pero sa totoo ay wala namang maling ginawa ang Kuya niya.

Sinclaires are the highest Pureblood family so why would they bow?

"I see your eldest child has no spark of decency" Sherina said directly to Athena's parents.

Her parents still weren't fazed by how Zeus acted and Sherina's reaction.

"Oh he's decent," Athena had to bite back a laugh at how amused her Father sounded.

"Alam talaga niya kung ano ang dapat gawin when it comes to meeting others. We taught him well, Sherina"

Athena smiled as soon as she saw Enzo looking at her.

She turned to Sherina who looks a bit taken aback and annoyed at the answer she got.

"It was nice meeting you Ms. Sherina," Athena said politely, still not bowing. Ni hindi nga siya yumuko o tumango. Iyon naman kasi talaga ang tinuro sa kanila. She is well edicated when it came to handling other ranks at parties.

She motioned to her parents na aalis na siya at tumango naman ito. She momentarily looked at Syre before finally walking away.

Enzo bowed nang magkaharap na sila, much to Athena's amusement.

"What was that all about?" He asked onced he straightened up, eyeing where Athena was.

Her parents were no longer there.

Sherina was glowering as she spoke with her sister Saskia, eyes darting to Senri and Adrianna Sinclaire.

The La Valse sisters were vultures watching their every move. Seeing Syre with them made her worried, thinking that he might be one of them. Hindi naman siguro diba?

Athena sighed at the sight. "Just Purebloods being Purebloods"

---

- Zeus Achilles -

Zeus found himself sitting on the marble fountain at the back garden seeking solitude.

He doesn't enjoy parties. Malinaw na iyon simula palang. When he was little he had the twins, Ash, and Flame as companions--- comrades in wrecking havoc outside the festivities. They had their own mini party, just the five of them. Iyon ang na e-enjoy niya. Now they had lives of their own. He can't count on them to make parties fun anymore.

They all grew out of those simple childish games to keep themselves entertained.

Zeus hasn't found anything to spike his interest. He had no opinion to share on current situations or a title that required him to stay, and he knows some people inside doesn't want his presence. For example, Sherina La Valse.

He had to remind himself that Seige's brother worked under the sixth Pureblood family. And maybe someday, if things will stay as it is now, Seige will too.

He's used to seeing her serve people, ayaw lang niyang halos kalahati ng buhay nito ay ilalaan nito sa mga La Valse.

The La Valses aren't that foul back then. They've worked with the Sinclaires on lots of projects before dahil ganon naman talaga sa Council. Unity keeps them together but clash of opinions shakes them.

Hindi siya nagtatanong ng kahit anong tungkol sa Council sa magulang niya. Hindi dahil hindi siya interisado, it's just that he thinks he can't handle the weigth of problems that came with being a member.

Zeus suddenly thought of his future. What will happen to him after he leaves SA? Will he end up at the Council like his parents to serve people? Or will he forever be dubbed as Senri Sinclaire's eldest son?

Deep in his heart, he knew he wants to leave a mark in this world just like his parents had. And every member of his family. Being a Sinclaire comes with a price. He doesn't want to be some useless freak that was born in a wealthy and influencial family. He doesn't want people to address him as the boy who was born with a golden spoon in his mouth.

Looking at things now, hindi madali ang magiging experience niya sa Council kung iyon nga ang pipiliin niya kahit na kasama pa niya ang mga magulang niya. He can't always rely on them.

Knowing his parents, they'll advise him to choose a path he wants to take and not forced to.

His Father once told him how a truck load of responsibilities came when he stepped out of the Academy. He was a Sinclaire afterall, he had to do his part.

Kahit na ano pa ang nangyari years before that.

Zeus knew his Father was doing the same method as his Grandfather.

His Father wanted him to enjoy his youth. Explore things on his own and learn from it. No one promised him a smooth ride so he can't point fingers to anyone dahil sa nararamdaman niya. All of it crashes back down to him. It's his life and he's in charge of it.

Compared to his parents' prombles, his seems petty but all of it meant the world to him.

He's trying to keep his mind straight, emotions at bay, and heart intact.

When it gets a little crazy he seeks help. Cassandra Flame welcomed him with open arms.

He knew it was unfair for her pero wala na siyang masasabihan at maasahang iba kundi ito lang.

He remembered their last conversation. How she decided to inflict pain on herself in a way for him, Zeus, to lessen his worries.

Zeus doesn't deserve Flame.

He realized how she's too good for him.

But being with her, talking to her again, sparked something inside of him. It wasn't the emotions he used to feel but more than that. He found peace in her.

She is his solitude and he wants to keep it that way.

He doesn't want to lose her in the process of figuring his feelings out for another girl.

Ilang beses niyang pinaulit ulit iyon sa isipan niya. How crazy it sounded. Was he too selfish for hoping for Flame to stay by him when he's going crazy because of Seige when she clearly still has feelings for him?

Kahit ilang beses mang baliktarin ang sitwasyon, he will be viewed as the bad guy for keeping a girl by his side and going after another.

Zeus had to remind himself that it was Flame's decision to stay. He just chose to accept it kaya hindi siya masama. Hindi siya mali.

Yes, he asked those questions to test himself and her too but something good came out of it. Some things that were blurry became clear between them.

He won't ask those kind of questions ever again to avoid hurting Flame. They might have come to an agreement but he had to consider her feelings too. He doesn't want to be more insensitive than he is now.

Zeus ran a hand through his already disarray hair and sighed. By now alam na ng magulang niya na wala siya sa loob. Hinayaan nalang siya siguro ng mga ito dahil wala pang sumusundo sa kanya.

All he had here with him is the sound of running water from the fountain behind him, the cool breeze indicating that the cold weather will take over soon, distant hoots of owls and the music from the castle.

The clouds were covering Luna. The gray skies showed no shining stars that Zeus somehow found comfort from. The night was so dull.

He doesn't think things through, as Flame said he always lets his emotions get the best of him but the eerie silence and only his mind as a companion made him think of things he didn't before.

Flame was right about so many things.

He wouldn't speculate Seige's answer until she pointed it out. A part of him was hoping Seige would change her mind after seeing the dress.

Sana ay nakita nga nito ang iniwan niya. Hindi niya kasi alam kung nasa Academy pa ito nung umalis na sila or if she's even staying for the weekend.

If his plans doesn't fall through then he will still get to see her, talk to her if he was lucky because he is 100% sure she will return the dress. It's a win-win situation for him.

Zeus doesn't have the guts to question Syre about his sister or what was the important matter they had to attend to for Seige to disappear and for her to decide to stop whatever they had that hasn't even started yet. After observing Syre, Zeus knew he wasn't the type to allow push overs to trample on him. He was dedicated to the La Valses because he made a vow and he answers to them. Only to them.

That's something Zeus' last name can't change.

There are things in this world Sinclaires cannot meddle with.

As he studied Syre earlier, he discovered who Seige got the ability to suppress all of her emotions.

Syre basically took an oath to shut up. If the La Valses ever let go of him, Zeus assumed they won't, Syre will be a great assest for the enemies. He knows stuff about the sixth family that the others don't, Zeus bet a lot of rival families will pay him tons to speak up.

Seeing how dedicated Syre is to his job, he won't be going around destroying the La Valses reputation anytime soon.

Zeus felt a presence creeping behind him. Kailangan na niyang bumalik sa loob...

"You're in my spot"

"Papa" He craned his head to stare at his Father na ngayon ay umupo naman sa tabi niya.

Zeus wasn't expecting him. Of all people talagang si Senri Sinclaire pa ang makakasama niya.

"What do you mean your spot?" Zeus laughed, finding his Father's presence somehow comforting. "I don't see your name written anywhere here"

"You don't need to put label on something to claim it as yours"

"Touche" Zeus chuckled.

Ginaya naman nito ang pagkakaupo niya. Now they both had their elbows resting on their knees with their hands clasped together.

"Your Mother will be here in a few minutes to escort me back"

Zeus knew that. Whenever they were exposed in the public's eyes, Senri and Adrianna Sinclaire had roles to fulfill. They stand by each other. But at home where all titles were stripped off and they stand by as Mama and Papa, his Father follows his Mother around all the time. Wherever she is, he's there. On rare occassions it becomes the other way around like now.

"You sometimes escape out here huh?"

Tumango naman ito. "Being involved with these kind of people will make you realize how fresh air can do wonders"

Zeus had to laugh at that. It's not everyday Senri Sinclaire would state his dislikes even in a subtle way.

"Carly appointed a guard at the back entrance para hindi ako makatakas noon. I had to scare the guard away para makalabas lang. My glory days were over when she appointed Cain to keep an eye on me on these kind of parties. You know how annoying he gets. I had to punch him to let me through"

"You were that desperate to escape?"

He nods. "Until your Mother understood the situation. I was free to roam around again and I took her with me sometimes. I promised Carls I won't do it again. Sabi niya unfair daw kasi ang ginagawa ko. We have to suffer together," he laughs at the end and then he added. "So in a way, we're the same. Tumatakas to get some peace kahit ilang minuto lang"

"You're my Father. What do you expect?"

"Mahaba ang pasensya ko but my tolerance for bullshit is wavering" Iling naman nito making Zeus laugh again.

They were silent for a few seconds. Claiming the peace the came here for until his Father spoke again.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Just stuff," Zeus shrugged.

"I want to know about that stuff"

"Pa" Zeus groaned. His Father wasn't as persistent as his Mother when it came to these kind of talks but he held a certain aura that made you want to tell him the truth. And it's hard to disobey or keep something when you are face to face with Senri Sinclaire.

Zeus wouldn't be suprised kung nakarating na dito ang pinagusapan nila ng Mama niya noon sa training room.

"I was thinking about me," He finally caved in. "My future, the decisions I made, current problems... Those are the stuff"

Zeus sighed. "Compared to what you're thinking about they're nothing"

"Our problems may be different, Zeus. But don't ever think that yours are nothing to me. I can set aside mine just to fix yours" His Father said every word with conviction.

What he said reminded Zeus of his childhood. How he completely forgot the admiration he had for his Father tuwing tutulungan siya nito gawin ang isang bagay na hindi niya alam gawin. Zeus grew up observing him. He learned just by watching. His Father tried his best to be the best example.

Yes, he is the son of the great Senri Sinclaire but that doesn't mean na parehas sila sa lahat ng bagay. They make their own choices and decisions and that makes them, them.

"It may be complicated Pa but I can fix it on my own," Zeus gave him an assuring smile. When it came to his future, ito ang unang lalapitan niya. Sa isip niya parang napaka layo nito but in reality, it was only months away.

Bahagya naman itong ngumiti. "Alam kong mas kumportable kang kausap ang Mama mo kaysa sakin when it comes to your love problems so I'll take her advice and stick on the sidelines"

Zeus rolled his eyes. "She tells you everything"

He's positive that every detail of this conversation will reach his Mother before the night ends.

"But," Zeus' head whipped to him because of the catch. "I rarely get to talk to you about other stuff so come on lay it on me. I might give you an advice or two"

"I thought you wanted peace" Talking about Zeus' problems were not counted as peaceful at all, it was a stressor.

"Talking to my son gives me peace," he pointed out.

Zeus sighed again. He thought he was off the hook.

"What's clouding your mind now?" Bahagya siyang siniko nito. "I know something's bothering you. The storm you made did not go unoticed you know. Aiane just saved you ass for being scolded by your Mother"

Zeus had to thank his sister for that. Masyado siyang naging careless sa ginaawa niyang iyon.

He tried to pick the thoughts that were floating around his head. Ano ba ang dapat niyang sabihin sa dami ng inisip niya kanina?

Isa-isang sinakop ng mga pangyayari nung mga nakaraang araw ang isip niya and that's when he knew what he wanted to say.

"I always end up in the same situation when I want something," he had to bite his lip to stop himself from saying someone. "It slips through my grasp everytime and I always end up chasing it. It's never ending."

"I won't ask for details and I'm going to pretend we're not talking about a girl because of the words you used"

Zeus had to keep his head low to avoid his Father's eyes.

"You have the power to stop that, Zeus. If she made her choice then you have to make yours. It's all on you"

Flame's words lingered in Zeus' mind. What she told him somehow gave him something to hold on to.

What if someone already decided for Seige? What if someone influenced her to end up deciding that staying away from them is good?

And as his Father said, it's all on him.

It's for him to choose if he keeps persuing her or to let her go. The latter seemed easier but he can't let go of the things Seige made him feel. He can't let go of her.

Zeus stared hard on the ground as a hand suddenly found its way on his shoulder.

"If you want to stop then okay. It will take effort to get over someone I'll tell you that but it doesn't mean your life will end if you end things with her. The world moves, you have to move along with it because it doesn't stop for anyone. If you want to keep going then my advice to you is to set your limits. With that you'd know when to give up"

Zeus never had the chance to reply because his Mother came walking gracefully towards them with a contented smile at the sight of seeing two important people in her life.

"Reminds me of the old days," ngiti nito bago sila tuluyang lapitan. "But there's no time to be sentimental right now. I'm also sorry to disrupt your talk but Mr. Sinclaire you are needed inside. Zeus you can stay as long as you want sweetheart"

"Why does he get to stay and I can't?"

"Quit being a baby Senri. Tara na!"

Zeus was left alone again. His Father's advice drilling in his head with Flame's words.

Set my limits.

What exactly are his limits?

With Flame, he didn't know he was so close to reaching his breaking point until one day he snapped.

Getting tired of the same situation going over and over again was his limit.

But to love without limits was his dream. To love without nothing stopping him was all he ever wanted.

Seige knew what the right buttons to push for Zeus to reach his breaking point. But that breaking point was the highest limit his emotion's going to get. That doesn't stop him from finally giving up on love.

Reaching the breaking point of his emotions doesn't stop him from loving.

It's his choice to continue this. If Seige is really worth the pain then he'll gladly endure it.

----

Hey dudes!

Slow updates na starting this month. The glory days of fast updates are over :(

Questions? All the links of the accounts I own are in my profile. But seriously tho stop asking obvious ones. Everything will be revealed sa story, just wait.

Planning to make a fanfic? Message me so I can read it :)

Mag aaway kayo sa comments? Wag nalang kayo mag comment kung ganon din lang. Respect each others opinion.

Not being a comment whore or anything pero kung simpleng "Bitin" lang naman ang comment nyo, I dare say wag nalang kayo mag comment. Let me know what you really think of the chapter :)

- Nique xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7M 72.7K 49
PUBLISHED BY VIVA PSICOM
3.2K 16 1
It was fast. It was unexpected. I didn't see it coming. The moment I took a step on that school. My life totally changed. And when things are getting...
23.2M 623K 65
Hoping for a fresh start, Adrianna Walter reluctantly enrolls at Sinclaire Academy-an elite school for humans and vampires. But upon her arrival, she...
Balang Araw By Æ

Historical Fiction

1K 80 34
balang araw // historical fiction story Isang marangal, tanyag, at perpekto kung maitatawag ang pamilya De Vera. Mayroong ilaw ng tahanan, haligi ng...