The Destiny I Thought To Avoi...

By emblemer_chadwick29

More

The Destiny I Thought To Avoid: Adam Levine Fan Fic
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Chapter Four

290 16 2
By emblemer_chadwick29

Kristy's POV

"Ok, now we have to find something killer for you to wear." Kelsey says as she goes through my suitcase.

"What if I just wear jeans and a t-shirt? It's just coffee. It's not a big deal. It's not like we are going to this  fancy place or anything." I tell Kelsey trying to get her to cool it on the outfit.

"Ok. But just remember this is Adam Levine so don't blow it."

"I have no intention on blowing anything." I say smiling at my own dirty joke.

"Wait!" Alex says coming over to me, "You look great. Have fun but hopefully not too much without me." he picks me up and hugs me tight in his arms.

"Thanks, Alex. I will." I smile at him and walk out of the hotel room, trying to be confident.

My legs feel like jelly and the one time that I want to do something on my own I feel like I can't. I take the bus to the coffee shop, which sounds weird, but I didn't grab the keys to the car and I am super lazy naturally. I look down at my scarf and sweater combo outfit, with my high heeled ankle boots on and I feel so self concisous about what I am wearing. What if he doesn't like me? I step off of the bus and there he is, out on the patio a single flower in his hand and I want to run away. Instead I just will myself to go over and sit across from him. 

Adam's POV

I see her and she looks like she's thinking about whether to sit near me or not but eventually she comes over and sits across from me. 

"Hi." she says smiling. 

"Hi. Oh, this is for you." I hand her the daisy I have in my hand and her smile broadens. 

"Thanks," she says as the waitress comes over to me. 

"Can we get two vanilla lattees and two of your macarons? Thank you," I say smiling politely at her. 

"I've never had somebody order for me since I was like seven." 

"You were very independent at a young age," I half-joke, but the joke falls flat. 

"My dad taught me well. Plus, it's not that hard to order off of a menu," she rolls her eyes and I chuckle. 

"So, all I know about you is that you went to my concert, have two best friends, at least I'm hoping the guy is a best friend, and that you have been able to order off a menu on your own since you were seven," she smiles and the waitress comes with our macarons and lattees. 

"Alex is a best friend.  Alex, Kelsey, and I have known each other since we were five years old. We grew up together. The only reason my dad is letting me drive all the way down here to see your concert is because they were coming with me. He would have hated it if I had brought up the idea of coming alone." 

"You live with your dad? Where?" I take a sip of almost too sweet coffee and look at her. 

"Yeah. It's pretty much just been me and my dad. Up near Napa. We have a bigish house up there and that's where I go to high school." 

"High school?" 

"I'm eighteen. I'm a senior. It's my last year there. But I've had some really good times at that school." she smiles and blushes a little, playing with the handle of her coffee cup. 

"Cool. So, you got any boyfriends?" I ask, trying to be sly, but I don't think it succeeded. 

"No. And even if I did, why do you want to know?" she asks getting slightly defensive. 

"Because I was just asking." I say taking another sip of coffee. 

"Mmhmm," she says, looking at me sideways and taking her first sip of coffee. 

"Wow. A guy can't ask a simple question without girls thinking that they have an ulterior motive." 

"That's because the way you asked it made it seem like an ulterior motive. You aren't very good at being sneaky." she smiles and chuckles lightly. 

"Oh, and you are?" 

"I am. But, I live in a small town, so it's kind of hard to be sneaky. Everybody pretty much knows your business." she takes another sip of coffee and reveals a small smile as she licks the foam off of her lip.  

"Wow. That's like my life." The words slip out of my mouth and I wish they hadn't. 

"Well, yeah. It kinda comes with the whole being Adam Levine thing." she chuckles awkwardly. 

"Yeah, but tomorrow there will probably be a story about this. Just letting you know. News travels fast around here." I look around and a photographer ducks back behind a car across the street. 

"You're sounding paranoid," she laughs and I do, too. How can I help it? Her laugh is contagious. 

"We should do this again soon. I would really like to see you again. Even if the media gets a little out of hand sometimes." I smile and she does too, leaving me dazzled.  

"I would like to see you again, too. If I didn't have to drive back home tomorrow," she sighs and pushes her bangs out of her face just a little bit, exposing her beautiful blue eyes that contrast her dark hair. 

"Well, you have my cellphone number. You can text me anytime. It's not that hard. You just gotta use your thumbs mostly," my joke wasn't even a joke. Now, I'm just grasping at anything that will keep her smiling and keep us talking. 

"Yeah, I think that part is handled. Thanks for this. It was nice," she's sounding like she's going to leave but she's not getting up from her chair. 

"Anytime. I actually want to ask you something," all of a sudden I feel like I'm back in high school. 

"Yeah?" she says, as she keeps twisting her hair nervously. 

"Do you want to come back to my apartment?" 

Kristy's POV

Go back to his place? What do I say? Yes? Or no, it's too soon? What are you talking about, it's Adam Levine! Plus, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You are leaving tomorrow! I must have been looking like I was thinking or something because all of a sudden he starts to back away from his statement. 

"I didn't mean it in that way, I was just thinking it's more private there and you know. I'm not trying to do anything because I just met you and--" 

"Yes," I say, cutting him off mid-sentence. So, yes is what we are going with... Good rule I guess is always say yes when you are with a super star. Especially when you just told him you were leaving town the next day. 

A big goofy grin breaks out on his extremely handsome face as he gets up and holds his hand out to me. I look into his eyes that I could get lost in forever and I feel heat flush to my cheeks as I take his hand and get out of my chair. I don't want to look into his eyes because I am sure I will start to laugh nervously. 

We walk to his average-person car and I sigh a sigh of relief. He drives a Camry. Something normal in his superstar world. I sit in his car, and he starts driving like a maniac. Another normal thing that makes me feel grateful. I relax into the seat feeling less and less stressed as we go along the street. 

"So, you came down just to see the concert?" we are running out of small talk and I want to just laugh out loud.

"Yep. With my best friends. That's the only way my dad would let me come. Didn't we already go over this?" 

"Oh. Yeah I guess." he laughs, taking his eyes off of the road for a second to stare at me. 

"It's just me and my dad, living in our huge house. My mom----" I had never actually told anybody the story and I wasn't about to now. 

"Your mom what?" 

"I don't want to talk about it if that's alright with you." I look out the window and look at the street rolling past. 

"Okay. Look, I'm sorry I just.... I've never really been on like a for real date or anything so this is weird for me, and I'm acting all teenager first girlfriend type right now." It takes me a slight minute to realize he's looking at me and we are in a parking garage. I've been trapped in the conversationalism of his voice that I didn't realize where we were. 

He smiles and I blush. I've never had guts to do anything like what I was about to do, but I think I am ready for it. I turned so I faced directly across from him and I grab the end of his shirt and I--

Adam's POV

She kissed me. Of course, I kissed her back because the kiss was pretty good, but it was pretty unexpected. I placed my hands on her hips, and I realized for the first time that my palms were sweaty. This girl was having a huge effect on me. I never had sweaty palms when I was with a girl! Our lips parted and she placed her forehead on mine and we both just sat there, wrapped in each other's arms, trying to catch our breath in the amazing moment. 

"Sorry, I never do that." she attemps to pull apart from our embrace, but I hold her arms tight so she can't get away. 

"It's fine. I'm not complaining." I leaned in and kissed her very softly on the corner of her mouth and she smiled. 

"I don't know what this means. I mean, we barely know each other, and I'm leaving tomorrow and--" 

"Then, let's live today! We don't have to go back to my place. We could do other stuff too. We could have so much fun today," I love the smile she gives me when I mention the fun we could have and I study the way her eyes crinkle at the edges and her eyes are so bright. I don't ever want to stop looking at her. 

"Like what?" 

"Well, you forget I am a star. Therefore I can get us into some pretty cool places." 

"I'm not much of a club person." she giggles awkwardly and I can tell it's not what she had planned on doing because of the way her hand flies up to her face. I laugh and kiss her again, unable to control myself. 

"Well, then let's go back up to my place and watch some movies and just hang out and then I can take you out to dinner and get you back to your friends." She smiles broadly and takes my hand in hers, gripping it tightly. 

"Let's go." she whispers in my ear and I smile widely kissing her as her face passes mine. 

Kristy's POV 

I don't want to let go of those lips. They had a sort of soft complexity about them, and I just wanted to stay there forever. It was a real shame when he turned to take a hold of the wheel and steer us to the nearest romantic resteraunt. Now, I was wishing I had worn something better. He held my hand as we drove up and down Sunset Boulevard. Just the rush of holding his hand was enough to send me reeling over the edge. Mega superstar Adam Levine, holding my hand. The same hand that had held Alex's hand at the concert. I tore my hand away from his and he looked at me, hurt. 

"I'm sorry. I don't know what I'm doing. I mean, we don't even know each other and I'm leaving tomorrow.. " 

"Then, let's make the most of today. I want to talk with you all night and I want to get to know you and who you are. I'm sure I will like everything about you. I already think you are perfect. What more could I need?" his smile melts my heart and all of a sudden I am out of excuses on why I have to go. 

"Where are we going?" I settle on saying. It seems the least complicated. 

"The best resteraunt ever." 

"To dates in one day? Wow, I feel so special." I lamely joke, laughing and blushing. 

He laughs too and it almost feels like he's as uncomfortable as I am. I feel his thumb rub on the back of my hand and I look at him. We are just sitting in a parking lot now outside of the resteraunt and more than anything I want to be with him again, kissing him in private. But, private is not a thing that you get when you "date" a super star. 

"Do you wanna go in now, or....?" I turn and look at him and he smiles still holding my hand in the middle console between our seats. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 3.9K 79
Alastor X Female Reader You and Alastor have been best friends since you were 5 years old. With Alastor being the famous serial killer of your time...
802K 18.3K 47
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
502K 14.4K 106
"aren't we just terrified?" 9-1-1 and criminal minds crossover 9-1-1 season 2- criminal minds season 4- evan buckley x fem!oc
378K 22.7K 81
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...