Into The Woods (18+)

By AuthorrUnknown

Aceso has always been sheltered by her pack ever since she was a little girl. Never being allowed to leave fo... More

ALL CHAPTERS NOW PUBLIC!
Summary
Need to Read to Understand Book
Character List
Liar Liar, Pants On Fire
Things Aren't Adding Up
Long Lost Sister
Jinx!
Meeting the Rents'
Promising
Impossible
Love Bite
Turn for the Worse
Mile High Club?
Can't Wait Any Longer
Alethia & Rory (Bonus Chapter)
Unusual Discoveries
Greater Purpose
Bad Timing
Double Trouble
And Then Shit Hits The Fan
True Intentions Show
Important A/N
On A Mission
And Then It Turns Into A Shit Storm
Won't End Well
Two Weeks
Epilogue: Proving Him Wrong

Here's the Plan

156K 4.6K 658
By AuthorrUnknown

**It's been over a week. I know. I'm sorry. *cries in corner* I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY! I hope you enjoy this chapter! FIRST, LOOK AT THAT SICK COVER!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO itsjennab !!! ALSO KNOX'S GIRL IS SO FREAKING CLOSE TO 500K VIEWS AND I HONESTLY AM IN SHOCK! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!**

Not edited.

Aceso's POV

Xavier and I made our way to the pack house's kitchen hand in hand after our soothing bath. It was still a little painful to walk due to the soreness between my legs, but I didn't dare say anything. Xavier's impossibly big ego didn't need yet another boost. The quiet roar of conversation quickly died down as we entered the room and I quickly adverted my gaze to the floor, hiding my nervously flushed face behind my curtain of hair. Xavier swiped his thumb across my knuckles in a soothing gesture before pulling me in closer to his comforting embrace. My heart surged with happiness as our eyes connected and I lost myself within his deep green orbs. The sound of multiple shocked gasps pulled me out of my trance and I waited for someone to explain what had happened.

"Aceso, your hair! It's like...glowing?" My father's confused voice spoke out. I furrowed my brows in confusion and reached up to touch my long locks. I glanced at them for a few moments before scanning the room, only to see that everyone else was sporting a similar confused and shocked expression. My father's eyes glazed over, so I knew he must have been mind linking the pack doctor or someone similar. Once he was done, he focused a much harsher gaze upon Xavier and crossed his arms, his jaw clenching and unclenching the entire time. I was about to speak out in my mate's defense, but I was swiftly cut off.

"Oh my god!" Spoke a low, breathy voice. I looked over to see who it belonged to and met the eyes of a short elderly woman. By the wrinkles that adorned her face and the aura of wisdom that emanated around her, I knew for a fact that she was a very highly respected pack elder. She had a slight hunch to her shoulders, but other than that - and her wrinkles - I could see no other signs of physical aging. She had bright, snow-white hair that was pulled back into a tight ballerina-esque bun. The corners of my mouth turned up in a slight smile when I saw that she was barefoot, just like me.

"What is it, Elder Esmeralda?" My mother inquired. The woman opened her mouth to speak but was abruptly cut off by my sister's squeal as she ran into the room. She rushed over to me and shielded her body with my own, earning her a possessive growl from my very unhappy mate. I didn't even bother to stifle the loud giggle that broke free from my chest at Alethia's ridiculous antics.

I followed her gaze to the large open hallway that led into the kitchen, watching as a huge muscular man shot into the room. He strangely resembled Xavier's enormous structure, although he was an inch or two shorter. His hair was a deep mahogany brown, and his iris's were a shocking silver hue with a hazel ring around the pupil. He also shared the similar deep tan skin as my mate, which I was assuming came from training outside more often than not. By his matured facial features I guessed he was probably twenty-two or twenty-three.

The man smiled wickedly before darting across the room, heading in Alethia and my direction. He didn't make it very far before Xavier charged at him, apparently sensing that he was a threat to me. For an alpha, he was being quite stupid. Anyone with a brain could obviously tell this man was Alethia's mate because of the loving glint in his eyes. Well, that and the mark that resided upon my sister's neck. He clearly was of no threat to me, but I'd like to see someone try telling that to my Xavier. The two huge brooding bodies collided against each other and Xavier made quick work of capturing the guy in a tight headlock.

"Calm down, cousin! I wasn't after your woman!" The other guy, who I now knew was related to Xavier, chuckled out. His voice was slightly strained from the pressure Xavier was exerting on his neck. It made complete sense to me now as to why the two men shared so many physical similarities. Xavier only grunted in response to his comment before finally releasing him from his choking hold. I went to step away from Alethia when she yelled again before gripping the back of my shirt to keep me in place.

"No! Don't! He's gonna attack me again!" She playfully pleaded.

"Babe, you started the tickle fight in the first place. I'm just finishing what you started." The man, who I had yet to be introduced to, said between bouts of laughter. I couldn't help my own adoring smile from creeping onto my face. They were absolutely perfect for each other and I could already tell he made her happy beyond belief.

"So are you going to continue to selfishly use me to protect yourself, or are you going to introduce me?" I cheekily questioned as I craned my neck to the side so I could look at Alethia while I spoke.

She cleared her throat before ever so slightly stepping out and to the side from behind me and saying, "Cece, this is my mate Rory. Rory, this is my twin sister Aceso." I saw a look of bewilderment appear upon Rory's face as he looked back and forth between the two of us, clearly trying to figure out if Alethia was just pulling his leg.

"Fraternal." We both stated at the same time. His perplexed expression quickly changed into one of realization and he nodded. Without wasting another second, Rory whizzed forward and captured Alethia is his arms before beginning to mercilessly tickle her sides. I giggled before I felt myself being pulled back into Xavier's hard chest. I could tell that he was still a little miffed at Alethia's actions through our bond, so I rubbed my hand up and down his arms that were securely wrapped around my waist in a soothing manner. Once Rory finally gave into Alethia's pleads to stop, I refocused my attention back on her.

"So, how did you two meet? And when?" I questioned while I watched in amusement as Rory held her like Xavier was currently holding me before he started to run his nose along the crook of her neck. Those two really are related.

"Well, first you have to know a little background info. Rory is Xavier's cousin, and was one of the only twelve that survived their pack's attack. Since he and Xavier were both born to be leaders, my dad put them in charge of all of our warriors. After you were taken, dad went crazy protective and I was basically never let out of my room. Had he given me more freedom, I probably would've met Rory right after he joined our pack. Anyway, after you two disappeared to do God knows what, my dad demanded Rory come and watch after me just in case anything were to happen. Both of us were pleasantly surprised and I guess the rest is history." She said, finishing her little speech.

"Hey! Just you both wait until you have children. Maybe then you'll understand the crippling need to protect your family and make sure they are happy and out of danger at all times." Our dad grumbled from across the kitchen. Alethia and I laughed at his words.

"Speaking of which, how are you feeling Sweetie? You looked like hell last night." My mother asked me.

"Gee thanks mom, but don't worry. We, um... took care of the situation." I said, cringing at how awkward it was to vaguely talking about Xavier and I's sex life with my parents. My dad let out a low warning growl as my mother cackled loudly at my obvious discomfort. The moment was cut short when my stomach growled loudly.

"I guess that's our queue that it's time to eat!" My mother exclaimed and dragged my father to the table while he complained under his breath. Everybody in the kitchen sat around the large dining table as we began to pile our plates high with food, Elder Esmeralda's earlier concerns completely forgotten.

**

Xavier's POV

I walked through the compound, monitoring all the male wolves as they sparred with someone of their same strength. I was just about to call out and begin a new training exercise when Alpha Jarred called out my name.

"Can I have a word with you?" He asked, looking a little nervous. I was instantly alert, afraid that there was something wrong with Aceso or there was an update on the Nightshade situation.

I followed closely behind him to his office after telling the men to continue training until I returned.

"Please, have a seat Xavier." He mumbled out before rounding his desk and plopping down into the worn down desk chair.

"What this about?" I rumbled out, wanting to get to the bottom of whatever was making him skittish quickly.

"There's something I've wanted to ask you for a while now, and the events that occurred at the ball this weekend only solidified my decision. As you know, my wife and I had a hard time conceiving the twins, and we were never able to have another kid. We don't have a male to pass my title down to and it's high time that I retire. My mate and I discussed this with great care for the past few months, and we've decided that you're our best option for the Alpha title. With you being Aceso's mate, it just strengths my belief that you should be the one to take my place." He finished, looking 100% sure of himself.

"What about Rory? He could lead." I questioned. I wasn't too keen on leading a pack again. Not after what happened the last time...

"We did consider it quite a while ago, but he's not serious enough. He's a little selfish as well, and an Alpha has to be willing to put the pack before anything else. He couldn't do that. Plus, I still need someone to train my warriors when you hopefully take over."

"I won't put pack before mate. Never. If you want me to, then answer is no." I growled out.

"I don't expect you to put the pack before your mate, no Alpha ever does. So...what do you say?" He said, searching my face for any give away to what my answer will be. I didn't respond right away, giving myself a few minutes to mull over what he was asking of me.

I sighed deeply before saying, "I guess. When do I start?" His eyes lit up at my words and he sprung up from him chair.

"You'll start today. There's a mound of new member paperwork that needs to be done and I figure that will get you into the swing of things. This is wonderful! My mate will be so pleased to hear the news." He said before rushing out of the office. I rolled my eyes before getting up and making my way to the Alpha office, mind-linking Rory on the way that he would be in charge of training for the rest of the day.

**

I shuffled through the gigantic mound of paperwork that sat tauntingly on the desk. I switched back and forth between signing paperwork and then scanning it through to the computer system to document it electronically - just in case something was to happen to the hard copies.

The entire process took longer than normal, but it was something I was used to doing ever since my father first started training me to become my pack's Alpha. Our meticulous attention to detail and thorough documenting was why our pack was always run so well. The only thing we really lacked was harsh training techniques because my father didn't see the importance, which ultimately led to our downfall. That was why I was so harsh on Bloodlust's warriors. Never again would I be a victim to another greedy pack.

Although there was a significantly larger amount of wolves in this pack compared to my old one, I couldn't help but notice that it was much easier to handle the heavy workload. I knew without a doubt that it was because I now had my very own mate. Before, when my father would assign me the daunting task of drawing up new treaties or trading propositions to be sent to another pack, I would dread every minute of it. I would rather get my teeth pulled without being numbed than do the paperwork. My father used to tell me that what I was feeling was common, that it had to do with our wolf being caged in and taking on the responsibility of an entire pack without someone to assist me. But now, I found myself working at a faster and more efficient pace so that I could get back to holding Aceso in my arms and run my hands over her silky smooth. Make her purr in content... fuck.

I was almost finished with all the necessary paper work concerning pack member transfers, due to the mate's ball as well as the new pups that were born over the weekend, when Aceso walked into my office. Her scent instantly flooded the office and calmed my wolf. She made her way to me before sitting on the armrest of my swivel chair and resting her hands, one of top of the other, on my shoulder. I leaned back in my chair and stared up at her lovingly while caressing her thigh gently. She supported her chin on her hands and pecked my temple before standing back up.

She moved around to the back of my chair and stood on her tiptoes while trying to reach my shoulders. I watched in amusement as she let out a frustrated huff when she still couldn't reach. I chuckled lightly when she walked around the chair to stand in front of me once again, this time sporting an adorable pout.

My laugh instantly halted when she climbed up onto my lap, straddling my thighs, and began to knead my shoulders in her hands. I groaned before letting my head fall forward to rest in the crook of her neck while she massaged at my tight knots. Pride surged through our bond and I knew that both Aceso and her wolf were very happy that they were able to make me feel good - so good.

Aceso giggled like a little schoolgirl causing me to look up, perplexed as to what she found so funny. I raised one eyebrow in question. She removed her fingers from my shoulders before crossing her arms in front of her chest. It took every ounce of self-control I had not to glance down at her voluptuous chest.

"I knew my massages were good, but I didn't think they were worthy of a standing ovation." She said, smirking triumphantly before glancing downwards. I followed her gaze and felt my cheeks lightly heat up when I realized exactly what she was talking about.

She reached underneath the Henley I was wearing and scratched her nails down my stomach, causing me to release a deep, needy moan. I threaded my hands in her hair before pulling her head forward and crashing my lips upon hers, to which she responded immediately. I thrust my tongue in her mouth and moaned at her sweet taste. She suddenly ground her hips against my now pulsing length and I swore I was going to explode from the sensation. I clenched her hips in my hands and rubbed her against my groin once again, except more forceful than she originally had. The action had us both whimpering desperately. I began sucking harshly on her mark as she fumbled with my belt, hastily trying to get it undone. We were so wrapped up within each other's touch that we hadn't realized the door to the office had been opened.

"Jesus, can you two keep your hands off of each other for more than two minutes?" I heard Aaron huff irritably. Both our eyes shot up to see Beta Aaron standing next to Jerrod while about five of our pack warriors lingered behind them. Aceso gasped loudly before making a move to crawl off of my lap, but I wasn't having any of it. When she realized I wasn't going to let her up, she slapped her hands over here eyes and hid her bright red face in my chest.

"Would it fucking kill you to knock?" I growled out, extremely irritated that my intimate moment with my mate was ruined.

"Would it kill you to save such actives for the bedroom?" Aaron retorted back with a sarcastic snort.

"Hey! This is my daughter we're talking about! Watch it!" Jerrod growled, his penetrating gaze switching between both Aaron and I. Aceso mumbled something along the lines of 'kill me now' into my chest which caused us all to laugh.

"We're here to discuss Aceso's kidnapping. It's actually quite convenient that she's already here because most of the questions we have about those Nightshade bastards are for her." I nodded and picked Aceso up and shifted her on my lap so that she was leaning against my chest and could participate in the conversation.

"Sweetie, can you tell me about the time you spent in their pack? Everything you tell us could be helpful in some way." Her father spoke encouragingly. She nodded and cleared her throat before speaking.

"They never treated me very good. Everyone truly believed that I was a low-rank omega. I was never allowed to play with the other kids when I was little because they said I was too weak and that I would just end up getting hurt and being more of a liability to the pack. I was also never allowed to leave and go on the school field trips to other packs. They always would make up dumb excuses and punishments for things I never did to keep me on pack grounds. When I was about twelve was when they said I needed to start pulling my weight and doing my share around the pack. I would be required to clean the main rooms of the pack house everyday after school. I had to make sure all the dishes were done and put away, wipe away any dust that had collected, and I was expected to vacuum too.

It wasn't until I turned fifteen that they began demanding that I start working at the pack daycare on top of it all. I hardly ever had a single moment to myself between all of that as well as homework. I never had any friends except for one of the warrior's daughters, Elizabeth." She finished speaking and I could feel myself shaking with rage. To say I was pissed was an understatement. The way that piece of shit pack treated my mate was unforgivable. They treated her like she was their fucking personal maid. No omega, or anybody for that matter, deserved to be treated like they were nothing. She whispered soothing words into my ears and the tremors began to subside.

"We had the pack doctor's test your blood you gave earlier. She said there were large amounts of suppressants present in your bloodstream. I have no doubt that they were feeding them to you so that nobody would question your omega status. They must have been wearing off during the ball though, because although your power wasn't heavy, it wasn't weak enough to be an omega." Her father explained.

"Oh!" She suddenly yelled out, catching everybody's immediate attention. "There is something else! Like I said, I never really had friends, but I was really close with the Alpha's son. His name was Leighton. He'd hang around me all the time when I was cleaning the house and we quickly became friends. He was the only higher rank that actually treated me like a human being. The week of the ball he started to act really weird. He told me that him and his dad got into an argument because he wanted to escort me to the ball and the Alpha didn't want him to, but then that same night my parents, sorry fake parents, tried to tell me that it wasn't their fault I had to go with Leighton and that it was Alpha's orders." Everyone in the room got similar looks of confusion.

"I don't understand why either of them would lie about the situation, but that does seem really fishy. There has to be something going on between the Alpha and his son. Exactly what it is, I don't know, but I'm going to get down to the bottom of it. Until then, Beta Aaron and I have come up with a plan we think might just work.

With you taking over as new Alpha, we're going to have you contact Alpha Jack with a request to go over a new border contract. We are going to try and lure him here, but I don't think he's dumb enough to fall for that. We'll set the meeting up for three months from now so that we have time to train, because we plan to capture that bastard of an Alpha and torture him for answers." Jerrod finished his sentence with a sneer. It wasn't the best plan I'd heard, but it was all we had. There was no way to find out why they'd taken Aceso other than to talk to the man behind the crime himself.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

631 42 19
A pack is only as strong as it's alpha, a weak alpha means a weak pack, and no pack can survive with just a Luna or just an alpha. A pack needs both...
1M 30.4K 67
Book 1: The Submissive Series Xander is the Alpha of the Crimson Moon Pack, the most powerful Pack in the supernatural world. He is a strong and po...
406K 14.9K 40
Every year for the past hundred years, there has been a masquerade ball that was held where all wolves found their mates, in particular, Alpha Landon...
3.7K 79 34
Adelaide meets her mate on the day she turns eighteen. However, she has a secret that no one knows about, not even her best friend. How long will she...