Here's the Plan

**It's been over a week. I know. I'm sorry. *cries in corner* I'VE JUST BEEN SO BUSY! I hope you enjoy this chapter! FIRST, LOOK AT THAT SICK COVER!! THANK YOU SO MUCH TO itsjennab !!! ALSO KNOX'S GIRL IS SO FREAKING CLOSE TO 500K VIEWS AND I HONESTLY AM IN SHOCK! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH!**

Not edited.

Aceso's POV

Xavier and I made our way to the pack house's kitchen hand in hand after our soothing bath. It was still a little painful to walk due to the soreness between my legs, but I didn't dare say anything. Xavier's impossibly big ego didn't need yet another boost. The quiet roar of conversation quickly died down as we entered the room and I quickly adverted my gaze to the floor, hiding my nervously flushed face behind my curtain of hair. Xavier swiped his thumb across my knuckles in a soothing gesture before pulling me in closer to his comforting embrace. My heart surged with happiness as our eyes connected and I lost myself within his deep green orbs. The sound of multiple shocked gasps pulled me out of my trance and I waited for someone to explain what had happened.

"Aceso, your hair! It's like...glowing?" My father's confused voice spoke out. I furrowed my brows in confusion and reached up to touch my long locks. I glanced at them for a few moments before scanning the room, only to see that everyone else was sporting a similar confused and shocked expression. My father's eyes glazed over, so I knew he must have been mind linking the pack doctor or someone similar. Once he was done, he focused a much harsher gaze upon Xavier and crossed his arms, his jaw clenching and unclenching the entire time. I was about to speak out in my mate's defense, but I was swiftly cut off.

"Oh my god!" Spoke a low, breathy voice. I looked over to see who it belonged to and met the eyes of a short elderly woman. By the wrinkles that adorned her face and the aura of wisdom that emanated around her, I knew for a fact that she was a very highly respected pack elder. She had a slight hunch to her shoulders, but other than that - and her wrinkles - I could see no other signs of physical aging. She had bright, snow-white hair that was pulled back into a tight ballerina-esque bun. The corners of my mouth turned up in a slight smile when I saw that she was barefoot, just like me.

"What is it, Elder Esmeralda?" My mother inquired. The woman opened her mouth to speak but was abruptly cut off by my sister's squeal as she ran into the room. She rushed over to me and shielded her body with my own, earning her a possessive growl from my very unhappy mate. I didn't even bother to stifle the loud giggle that broke free from my chest at Alethia's ridiculous antics.

I followed her gaze to the large open hallway that led into the kitchen, watching as a huge muscular man shot into the room. He strangely resembled Xavier's enormous structure, although he was an inch or two shorter. His hair was a deep mahogany brown, and his iris's were a shocking silver hue with a hazel ring around the pupil. He also shared the similar deep tan skin as my mate, which I was assuming came from training outside more often than not. By his matured facial features I guessed he was probably twenty-two or twenty-three.

The man smiled wickedly before darting across the room, heading in Alethia and my direction. He didn't make it very far before Xavier charged at him, apparently sensing that he was a threat to me. For an alpha, he was being quite stupid. Anyone with a brain could obviously tell this man was Alethia's mate because of the loving glint in his eyes. Well, that and the mark that resided upon my sister's neck. He clearly was of no threat to me, but I'd like to see someone try telling that to my Xavier. The two huge brooding bodies collided against each other and Xavier made quick work of capturing the guy in a tight headlock.

"Calm down, cousin! I wasn't after your woman!" The other guy, who I now knew was related to Xavier, chuckled out. His voice was slightly strained from the pressure Xavier was exerting on his neck. It made complete sense to me now as to why the two men shared so many physical similarities. Xavier only grunted in response to his comment before finally releasing him from his choking hold. I went to step away from Alethia when she yelled again before gripping the back of my shirt to keep me in place.