Bad Wolf's Return (Doctor who)

By Angela_Amore

I am The Bad Wolf, and I will never forgive the Doctor for making me this way... I don't know how it... More

Revenge
Alien Criminals
Defender of the Universe
Universal Paradox
The Roman Centurion
Rory
Bow Tie Wearing Doctor
"My Doctor" "My Rose"
Captain Jack
The Search and The Save
Melody Pond
I Killed the Doctor
Bad Wolf
A Half Time Lord
Mels
Decisions
Gunslinger
A Town Called Mercy
Saying Goodbye
The Face of Bo
Broken Hearted
I'm Not Her
Knight in Shining Armor
I Don't Deserve You
Chapter 25 - I Am In Love With You
Extra: Christmas with The Doctor

Woman Wept

2K 96 6
By Angela_Amore

Chapter 16

Bad Wolf's Return

oOoOo

"The Doctor took me to this planet a while back. It was much colder than this. They called it Woman Wept. The planet was actually called Woman Wept, because if you looked at it, right, from above, there's like this huge continent, like all curved round. It sort of looked like a woman, you know, lamenting."

- Rose 

Season 1; episode 11

ROSE's POV

oOoOo

While the Doctor was distracted with some reptiles on a space ship set to have a meeting with some missiles, I made my way back to Mels in Ledworth. The TARDIS had barely finished materializing when Mels burst through the doors, still wearing her cap and gown and carrying her diploma, a grin the size of Texas planted firmly on her face.

I frowned. "Oh, I missed seeing you walk!" I exclaimed unhappily and sarcastically.

Mels shrugged and waved me off. "You didn't miss much. I basically ran across the stage, don't think I stopped to shake the principal's hand, come to think of it..." she mused, then shrugged. She tossed her cap aside, shedding her gown as well, revealing she was in jeans and a t-shirt with a leather vest over it underneath.

I raised an eyebrow. "Aren't you supposed to wear a dress or something under that?" barely holding back a smile of my own.

Mels rolled her eyes. "The deal was I'd graduate. And I did. Don't go picking on my clothes now."

I laughed, then grinned at Mels. "Alright. Rules first," I ignored Mels' groaning, "First rule: don't wander off. Second rule: no interfering with fixed events or anything that might damage the time stream, and yes," I narrowed my eyes slightly at Mels, "that means no killing Hitler." Mels huffed and looked away. "Third rule: please, for the love of pete, don't bring any one on the TARDIS. Your parents would kill me, if something ever happened and, frankly, your mother frightens me."

Mels looked interested now. "You knew them personally?" She asked curiously.

"Yes, I'm rather close with your father. Not as much with Amy, but I'd like to think we're friends. Moving right along!" I said loudly to stop Mels from asking questions. "Fifth rule and last rule: do what I tell you," I said seriously. "If I say that we have to leave, now, then we leave. Even if it means that someone will die, or something bad will happen to a planet. When I say we're done, we're done. Understand?" Mels nodded, though i got the feeling it wasn't going to be as simple as that. "Right then. We're off!"

oOoOo

THE DOCTOR's POV

I had just dropped Amy and Rory off at their home, and was back on the search for Rose. It was amazing how much more i was finding in the search for her now that i knew the names she'd been using.

I started planet hopping, looking for any signs of Rose. I talked to the locals, and several times, they told me about a mysterious woman who went by Larentia or Accalia, who had saved them from disaster /tyrannical leaders/monsters/plague/the list went on and on. I couldn't help the proud smile that spread across my features every time I heard someone singing my Rose's praises. She'd helped so many people in such a short time...that was my Rose, always had to help those in need.

I had to be careful, of course. The universe was supposed to think I was dead. I stuck to the shadows, mostly, kept the TARDIS out of sight. I tried not to interfere with anything too big, and to keep my name out of the mouths of others.

It was during one of these trips for information on Rose that I ended up on a little asteroid caught in orbit around a moon in the Lonely Nebula. The Lonely Nebula was about as far away from any other civilization as one could get, hence the name. There was a small settlement on the asteroid, though it was filled mostly with escaped convicts. I figured if there was any place bound to have trouble, it would be here. And Rose loved trouble.

I wore a cloak with the hood pulled low over my face; it both allowed me to blend in-an asteroid full of wanted criminals was bound to have plenty of people keeping their faces covered-and the obvious of keeping my identity a secret.

I decided very quickly that i didn't like it on this asteroid. But i kept my head low and ears open and meandered through the crowds, listening for anyone who mentioned any of Rose's many names.

I went into a seedy bar and leaned causally on the counter, and ordered tea, when everyone laughed. that i heard someone mention the name "Larentia." As casually as I was able-which is to say, as obviously as possible-moved closer to the group in the corner, and listened in quietly sipping on my tea.

"I say we kill her," grumbled one voice.

"An' how exactly do ya plan to do that? She kicked yer bottom last time you tried!" Another voice snapped back.

"Well if we all went after her!" The first voice argued back.

"She would still defeat us!" A second protested.

"She's just one bloody person!" Another voice interjected.

"I hear she can't die." I glanced towards this voice, and saw what looked like an old man, but with a few more fangs.

The others scoffed at this. "Right old man, just like I'm sure she's also the Bad Wolf." They all returned to their original discussion, ignoring the old man's grumble of "It's yer funeral."

I continued to listen to the thugs argue, growing angrier by the second as they all started taking part in a very vivid discussion of all the ways they'd kill my Rose if they got the chance, and i was on the verge of blowing up the whole darn asteroid.

Eventually they dispersed, most laughing off the conversation, but a small group of three had decided they would try and kill Larentia. I threw the cup of tea to the side which broke with a crack and quietly followed them, reminding myself over and over again that I couldn't kill them. I could however, knock them out and drag them over to Stormcage.

Which, through the clever use of a spatula, a bottle of oil, a match, and a screaming child who agreed with the plan.

I left them in a hall somewhere, with a rather detailed list of their offences (i may have run their faces through the TARDIS databanks and found every crime they'd ever committed), then left before anyone could notice me.

I shook my head back on board the TARDIS. My Rose was making enemies. True, the bunch of idiots I'd just caught weren't overly threatening, but i was sure there were worse. I was worried. Rose couldn't die, i knew, but she could still be hurt, or tortured, or...there were too many or-s.

And so, after that quick mini adventure, I began to quietly deal with anyone who planned to hurt my Rose.

oOoOo

ROSE's POV

As we walked back onto the TARDIS, i wasn't sure if i should be laughing or shouting at Mels' recent exploits. We'd gone to a very peaceful planet just to attend the harvest festival. Everything was going along perfectly until Mels somehow managed to get herself engaged to young man (who vaguely resembled a fish in that he was covered in scales), breaking off a previous engagement in the process. The next thing i knew, there was a feud going on between the two families to rival that of the Hatfield's and the McCoy's. In the end, i had to step in and explain everything, and promise that Mels and I would never return.

"So...that was fun," Mels stated idly, running a finger over the console.

I raised an eyebrow. "Fun? You almost started a war!" I exclaimed. Though, oddly enough,I still wasn't entirely sure if i found the whole event amusing or not.

"Almost! And now that poor fish-girl knows what she's getting into with fish-boy. Honestly, he came on to me! At least...I think so. Still not entirely sure when I agreed to marry him..." Mels trailed off, frowning slightly.

And with that i burst into laughter. "Okay, this is why I said not to wander off," i choked out after a moment, still giggling. Mels grinned.

"Yes Auntie dearest," she said in a sugar sweet voice that promised the opposite.

I groaned before going to the controls. "Right. Let's go somewhere where you can't start any feuds. Like a desert. Can't bother anyone off if there's no one there!"

Mels stuck out her tongue in response, and dropped into the jump seat. "What's your favorite place in the universe?" She asked curiously.

I paused considering the question. It was actually more difficult than i thought; i'd seen so many beautiful places, met so many wonderful cultures. There were a few that stuck out more than others, but my favorite?

"...I went there when I first started traveling," I said after a moment, the answer coming to me suddenly. It was so obvious that i wondered how i didn't realize it sooner. "It's the most beautiful place I've ever seen, and it's completely untouched. It's almost as if time forgot the whole planet..." i trailed off, smiling slightly to myself. I turned to Mels after a moment. "Would you like to see it?"

Mels nodded eagerly. She was always desperate to see new places.

I smiled, dancing about the console as I normally did, but my mind was years and years away.

We landed, and Mels bounded out the door, me close behind. "Welcome," i said softly, "to Woman Wept."

They were both quiet as they looked around; Mels with wonder and me with thoughtfulness. The planet was just as i remembered it: frozen waves in varying shades of blue and green and black, the sky a deep lavender. A crescent moon that seemed far too close hung over the horizon. It was beautiful, and silent, and haunting.

Mels moved farther out onto the ice, slipping a bit, but doing much better than i had the first time i was here.

The first time. I sighed, and started walking. The first time I had been with my first Doctor. He'd brought me here shortly after the fiasco with my father, as a sort of present. I smiled slightly as i remembered my face when i'd seen the planet.

We'd spent hours here, just exploring the waves and talking. I'd been looking at one of the waves when i'd caught the look on the Doctor's face in his reflection in the ice. He'd been looking at me in open adoration, as if he couldn't quite believe that i existed, that i was there in front of him. It was then that I had realized that the Doctor was as in love with me as much as I'd been with him.

I shivered in the nonexistent wind. So much had changed since that day; I'd changed so much since that day. But still, that memory, this planet...they were precious to me. And they always would be, no matter what changed.

Eventually, i called to Mels, and we returned to the TARDIS, and went back to the stars.

oOoOo

Guys. GUYS. I KNOW HOW IT ENDS. I haven't, up until a few hours ago. Thanks everyone for all the wonderful encouragement you've sent me so far. I couldn't have made it this far without all of you.

The next chapter should be...interesting. I just hope it's merciful on me.

oOoOo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.1K 2.7K 24
The Doctor and Rose Tyler have been undercover plenty of times. What they haven't been is shipwrecked on an island by a storm-that's-really-not-a-st...
39.3K 1K 14
After dealing with the last of the Daleks, the Apocalypse is finally back on the right track. She is one of three Time Ladies left in the universe, n...
13.7K 420 12
DOCTOR WHO | 9 & 10 -"Weirdo!" ------> She was found alone and in pain, scorch marks and burnt wings. He was searching around space and time for any...
1K 66 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...