Tongue Tied (Camren)

By paradisity

"Hey," an attractive brunette said with a small smile. Lauren felt her heart speed up. She had never, ever wi... More

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7. (Finally!)
8.
9.
New Story!
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
17.
Good News!
Hey guys!
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
:)
New Project
Begin Again Chapter 2.
Begin Again Chapter 3.
uhhhh hi guys

16.

6.3K 223 164
By paradisity

"Are you serious?" Camila nearly exploded out of her seat and tackled her girlfriend in an excited embrace.

Lauren eagerly nodded, barely able to contain her own excitement. Dr. Watson had brought her in for the preliminary testing that was required to make sure that the risk was minimal when it came time to the real surgery. The date was set for Saturday morning, almost exactly a week from the current time.

"I can't believe it," Camila let out a long breath, "you really might be able to talk again."

Lauren smiled. Even the thought of being able to talk again was making her heart beat faster. In simple terms, not being able to verbally communicate sucked, especially when it came to Camila. Lauren wanted nothing more than to be able to tell her how much the younger girl meant to her and in a week, she might have the chance to do just that.

Lauren wasn't stupid, though, she knew the risks of the surgery. Best case scenario, she got her voice back a few days after the surgery. Worst case was something she really didn't want to think about, but, to Lauren, the chance of being able to speak again was worth dying over.

"We should celebrate," Camila smiled over at her girlfriend from her position on the bed. "We could go out to dinner later? I'll pick you up," she suggested.

Lauren nodded, she was always up for spending time with Camila, the food was just a bonus.

"I should probably get going now though, my parents said they want me to watch Sofi for a bit."

Lauren stood up, opening the bedroom door and walking Camila out to her car.

The smaller girl clambered into the driver's seat and leaned out the door to give Lauren a quick peck on the lips, "See you later."

Lauren smiled in conformation and closed the door, waving Camila off as she backed out of the driveway and down the street.

She made her way back inside, shuffling up the stairs and back into her bedroom. She looked around at the posters. Bob Marley, the 1975, and Lana Del Rey lined her walls. On her desk sat a few framed pictures of she and Dinah over the years and one of Lauren and her family. On her ceiling, a world map looked back down at her from its place over her bed.

Collapsing on the bed, she closed her eyes for a moment. As her breathing became more even and she started to drift off to sleep, her phone buzzed.

From: Jadey

I need your help. Meet me by our pond in 10.

Lauren frowned. Though Jade had been a class A bitch to Camila, which she would never forgive her for, the fact that Jade texted her out of all people probably meant that it was serious. Plus, she and Jade wanted to spend the rest of their lives together at one point, they used to have a very strong bond, Lauren should be there for her.

To Jadey:

I'll be there in 5.

-----

"Oh mija I'm so glad you're home! Your padre and I are heading to visit abuela, we should only be gone a couple hours." Sinu spoke as her daughter made her way into the living room.

"That's fine mama, I have plans with a friend later this evening for dinner," Camila smiled as she thought of Lauren.

"Un amigo especial?" Alejandro asked as he carried Sofi into the room to join the rest of the family.

Camila debated telling them. She knew they wouldn't approve, but Lauren was worth whatever consequences she would have to endure. Unless it meant she wouldn't be able to see her anymore. "No, papá, sólo un amigo de la escuela."

Camila's father nodded, accepting his daughter's response, "Bueno, aquí está un poco de dinero, que volveremos más adelante. Que te diviertas," he spoke, handing Sofi off to Camila and heading out the door with his wife.

Once they were gone, Sofi spoke up, "Can we make cookies?"

Camila laughed and set her sister down, "You're getting pretty heavy, Sof, are you sure you need more cookies?"

Sofi rolled up her sleeve, sticking out her arm, and flexing it for her sister, "Do you see these muscles?"

Camila laughed loudly, almost choking on her own spit at her sister's cuteness. "I'll tell you what, go put on one of those music stations on TV and I'll get the stuff ready to start the cookies. Deal?"

Sofi beamed back at her sister, displaying a wide toothless smile, "Deal!"

Camila shook her head with a smile as she watched her sister bounce into the living room. Turning her attention back towards the kitchen, she began sorting through the unfamiliar drawers of the new house to find the pans and tools she was looking for. She loved being home alone with her sister. They always made some sort of baked treat, chocolate chip cookies were her personal favorite. While they were in the oven, they'd make a blanket fort in the living room and then once the cookies came out, they would lay in the fort and watch disney movies until their parents got home.

Camila paused when she heard her phone ding from the living room, "Hey Sof? Can you bring that in here?"

Music started to play from the TV followed by Sofi padding into the kitchen, Camila's phone in hand, "It says you have a text from someone named Denise? Who is she?" Sofi asked curiously as she walked toward Camila.

Camila quickly stood up from where she was kneeling to look in one of the cabinets, hitting her head on the countertop, "Shit," she cursed as she quickly ran over to her sister and took the phone from her hand. Quickly unlocking her phone, she scanned the message.

From: Denise

Camila, Elliott is in the hospital, we need you to come quickly, the doctors don't know what's wrong and need your medical history. Please hurry!!

Camila spoke urgently to her sister, "Sof we have to go, get your shoes and meet me in the car."

"What? Why?" Sofi asked, confused as to what was so urgent.

"Just do it, Sofi!" Camila yelled back at her sister to get the point across as she raced up the stairs to find her keys. She tore through her clothes, finding them underneath a pile of dirty ones, and sped down the steps. Sofi was already in the car as Camila jumped in, swinging the door closed with a loud thud, and burning rubber as she backed out of the driveway in the direction of the hospital she had just visited with Lauren not too long ago.

"Sof, I need you to grab my phone and send a message to my gir-uh-my friend Lauren, she's in my contacts as Lo. Tell her I won't be able to make it to dinner tonight and that I'll explain later and add the heart emoji at the end."

Sofi nodded dutifully as she searched through the phone for her sister's friend, typing the message as fast as her little fingers could. When she finished, she spoke with a smile. She may have added a few extra words and emojis because she had caught onto her sister's little slip up, just as they pulled into the hospital parking lot, "I sent it."

"Thanks Sofi," Camila replied as she pulled into a parking spot, nearly hitting all three of the cars around her. She then quickly cut the engine, rushed out of the car, and sprinted into the building with Sofi at her side.

-----

"Please, Laur, you know how my dad can be," Jade pleaded as the duo sat under the pavilion beside the lake where they used to meet at night when they couldn't sleep.

Lauren thought it over. Jade's dad was a jackass, he always had been. He was the type of guy that spent nearly all of his time at home sitting on the couch, expecting Jade's mom to serve him beers and dinner. Jade's mom did just that for fifteen years, a fragile woman, worn down by years of trying to please and insatiable man, her hair at turned grey at the start of her thirties some years ago.

One day, though, Jade's mom decided that she had done enough. It was when Jade was thirteen years old and her mom filed for a divorce. It was a nasty battle, but after nearly a year, it was over. Jade wanted to live with her mom and once all the papers were signed, her dad had basically disappeared.

Tonight, Jade was going to her dad's house for the first time. He had reached out to her to tell her that he was sorry for everything that had happened and that he had met a woman who had really helped change him. Since he was gone for so long, though, he hadn't heard about the accident and he had no idea that she and Lauren had broken up.

"It's just for one night, Laur, we just have to pretend to be together for one night," Jade sighed as she looked into Lauren's green eyes, "I don't want to go there alone. I can't, not like this, and you know that my mom won't drive me there."

Lauren sighed, she would have to ask Camila if this was okay since she was actually dating the younger Cuban and didn't want her to think she was cheating on her or something. Just as she was about to sign that to Jade, she remembered that she and Camila had made dinner plans to celebrate the upcoming surgery.

I have plans with Camila tonight, I can't do it, I'm sorry.

Jade sighed, of course she had plans with Camila. She was about to speak when Lauren's phone buzzed in her pocket.

Lauren reached for it and smiled when she saw it was a text from Camila. As she scanned the message, though, she quickly began to frown.

From: Camzi

Hey babe I can't make dinner tonight :( I will explain later baby <3 I love you so much :) <3333333

A million questions exploded in Lauren's head. Why couldn't she go to dinner? What was with all the extra emojis? Was someone else using her phone? But the most pressing issue was the last part. Had she really meant that she loved her? They hadn't known each other for very long and had been dating for even less time, so could she really mean it? Lauren knew that her feelings for Camila were strong, but she wasn't sure if she was ready for the love aspect.

"Was that from Camila?" Jade broke Lauren out of her thoughts.

Lauren nodded, she can't make it to dinner tonight.

"Perfect!" Jade smiled, "That means you'll be able to go with me to my dad's."

Lauren nodded in her confused haze, responding back to Camila's text.

To: Camzi

Okay, be safe <3

"Let's head to my house to get ready before my mom gets home." Jade said as she lead the way.

Lauren trudged slowly behind Jade, her mind alive with questions that needed answers.

-----
A/N:

Oh boy oh boy.

Do you think Lauren should help Jade?
What do you think is wrong with Camila's son?
What do you think will happen when Camila finds out about Lauren and Jade?

Who is your favorite character from any TV show, book, or movie?

Mine are Olivia Pope from Scandal, Lexa from the 100, Frank Abagnale from Catch Me If You Can, Charlie from the Perks of Being a Wallflower, the entire cast of Silver Linings Playbook, and Gatsby from the Great Gatsby!

We're over 22k now! Thank you guys so much for reading!
Cheers, X

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.2K 1.5K 4
Camila and Lauren love each other but don't know how to deal with it (mostly Lauren though). Best friends to lovers AU ...
147K 3.8K 32
Lauren Jauregui had the life. A+ student, tons of friends, dreamy boyfriend. She had it good. Until the beginning of her junior year, when a shy brun...
314K 9.7K 32
Maybe you weren't the one for me, but deep down I wanted you to be. g!p Camila oops
185K 5.3K 21
You and Ally are bestfriends for life. You were head over heels for her. You were about to confess to her but your cousin, Troy, beat you to it.