shine - grayson dolan

Por sloppydolan

"She would never admit how frightened she was, never tell me the scary thoughts that filled her head, the fee... Más

shine - grayson dolan
0.1 «Emerson Samuels»
0.2 «Grayson Dolan»
0.3 «Emerson Samuels»
0.4 «Grayson Dolan»
0.5 «Emerson Samuels»
0.6 «Grayson Dolan»
0.7 «Emerson Samuels»
0.8 «Grayson Dolan»
0.9 «Emerson Samuels»
0.10 «Grayson Dolan»
0.11 «Emerson Samuels»
0.12 «Ethan Dolan»
0.13 «Addi Peterson»
0.14 «Emerson Samuels»
0.15 «Grayson Dolan»
0.16.1 «Emerson Samuels»
0.17 «Grayson Dolan»
0.18 «Emerson Samuels»
0.19 «Grayson Dolan»
0.20 «Emerson Samuels»
0.21 «Grayson Dolan»
0.22 «Emerson Samuels»
0.23 «Grayson Dolan»
0.24 «Emerson Samuels»
0.25 «Grayson Dolan»
0.26 «Emerson Samuels»
0.27 «Grayson Dolan»
0.28 «Emerson Samuels»
0.29 «Grayson Dolan»
0.30 «Emerson Samuels»
0.31.1 «Grayson Dolan»
0.31.2 «Grayson Dolan»
0.32 «Emerson Samuels»
0.33 «Grayson Dolan»
0.34 «Emerson Samuels»
0.35 «Grayson Dolan»
0.36 «Emerson Samuels»
0.37 «Grayson Dolan»
0.38 «Emerson Samuels»
0.39 «Evan Samuels»
0.40 «Emerson Samuels»
0.41 «Grayson Dolan»
0.42 «Emerson Samuels»
0.43 «Grayson Dolan»
0.44 «Emerson Samuels»
0.45 «Grayson Dolan»
0.46 «Elliot and Evan Samuels»
0.47 «Emerson Samuels»
0.48 «Emerson and Grayson»
0.49 «Grayson Dolan»
0.50 «Grayson Dolan»
Epilogue

0.16.2 «Emerson Samuels»

2.2K 52 5
Por sloppydolan

[edited]

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was going to the state championships. Everyone was looking at me as I walked to the winners' circle.

I felt joyful inside. I had worked hard for this, and I had accomplished it. I saw Max with a huge grin on his face, giving me a big thumbs up.

I shook hands with the judges, and gave Max a tight hug. I had him to thank for helping me.

Three first-place medals were placed around my neck. One for the sprint, one for the run, and one for continuing onto to state.

We took pictures, and were congratulated by so many people as we walked out.

"THAT WAS SICK!" Max yells once we're back in the car.

I laugh, "That really was great."

Max began driving, and we were jamming to music when he stopped suddenly.

"Holy shit. Emmy, what time is it?"

I looked at my phone, "About 5:30 pm. Why?"

"I really wanted to take you out somewhere for your birthday, but I have to go out to dinner with my parents. And I'm already late," he groans, throwing his head back against the rest.

I put my hand on his shoulder, "Don't worry about it, Max. This was already an amazing day. Not to mention that incredible bracelet you gave me. Trust me, you've done more than enough."

He gives me a weak smile, "My dad's going to be pissed off, but it's okay. Do you want to drive around for a while? I know you still have some time to kill anyway."

"Max, you have dinner with your parents. Don't let them get all mad. Just drop me off at home," I protest.

"Fine, but I'm taking the long way," he says stubbornly.

I roll my eyes, but don't bother to argue.

"Emerson, did you feel dizzy or tired or anything today?"

"A little tired, especially after the sprint, but nothing new. It happens when I get nervous or excited."

"Ok, thank God."

We made small talk for the rest of the car ride, laughing and just having a good time. Max had now pulled up into my driveway, which still had lots of cars in it, making me frown.

"So, text you later?" he asks.

"Definitely. Thank you for the present and all of today," I say, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

I retrieved my gym bag and the gift bag from the backseat, and waved to Max one more time before ringing the doorbell.

My dad opened the door, looking tired and annoyed. Guess having a house full of teenage boys, even if just for a day, was exhausting.

"Emmy, you're back!" he exclaims, picking me up in his arms.

"Dad, put me down," I order, and he does as I say.

We walked into the living room, where my brothers and a few of their friends were still hanging out. I guess they hadn't left yet.

"Dad, I'm gonna go shower and change, and by that time they should be gone, right?" I ask.

"Yeah. Good plan, honey. Your mum should be back from her errand any minute now anyway."

I headed up into my room, taking off my sweaty track clothes and throwing them into the hamper. I showered quickly, blow-dried my hair, and got dressed. I was wearing a lavender knee-length dress, and put a thin headband of the same color in my hair. I top it off with the new bracelet Max gave me.

Back downstairs, I didn't hear as much noise, which relieved me. Elliot and Evan's friends were all obnoxious and annoying, and I was happy they were gone.

In the dining room were my parents, while in the living room I could see four figures, which I assumed to be my brothers plus the Dolan twins.

"Emmy," my mum noticed me first, alerting everyone else.

"Hey sis," El and Ev said,giving me each a wave. 

"What's up, Em?" Ethan calls, giving me a goofy grin. Grayson gives me a welcoming hug.

"Where's Addi? Shouldn't she be here by now?" I ask, realizing that we missing a person.

"She texted me last night. Her grandmother's in the hospital," Ethan explains, looking down at the floor.

"Oh my goodness, is everything alright?" I begin to panic.

"She's fine, just gave them a scare. But Addi wanted to stay and told me to tell you she was sorry."

"Oh it's fine, just be thankful nothing more serious happened."

"So, Emerson, how did the track meet go?" my father questions. Hey, I totally forgot to tell them.

"Well...I'M GOING TO STATE!" I yell the ending.

"Really? Bravo, you really deserved it, sweetie," my mum gives me a hug.

"Good going, sis. We've taught you well," Evan says.

"Sure you did," I roll my eyes.

"Congrats once again, Emmy," Grayson says, and he and Ethan give me high-fives.

"Ok, ok, present time!" my mum squeals.

"Did you two already open yours?" I asked my brothers.

They didn't answer, which told me they already had, "You seriously couldn't wait for me?"

They laughed, "We wanted to give you the spotlight."

I was handed the first box by my mum. Inside was an envelope and a note. From Elliot, Evan, Eth, and Gray.

"You four worked on one present?"

They nodded, and I turned back to the envelope. Inside were four pieces of paper, which made me confused at first until I read what was on them.

They were concert tickets. I had four VIP concert tickets. Two to Fall Out Boy's American Beauty American Psycho Tour, and two for twenty one pilots' Emotional Roadshow.

"Oh. My. God!" I yelled. I was freaking out. I jumped up and down, breathing hard. Everyone in the room was laughing at my reaction.

I lunged on Evan's back, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pried me off, and I proceeded to give each of them a bone-crushing hug.

"Thank you so much!" I screamed.

I put the tickets back in the envelope, and smiled. This was turning out to be one of the best birthdays ever.

"Ok, who wants to go down to the basement?"

"Wait, wait, just one second. There's one more present," Ethan says.

"Where?" we all ask.

He pulls out a small envelope from behind him, and hands it to Elliot. Evan and I look at the writing on the outside, To the 3 E's - Addi.

"She told Grayson and me to give this to you three," Ethan explains.

"That's so nice. Open it, El," I say.

He opens the envelope, and pulls out three sheets of paper. What was with all the printed gifts today?

"What is it?" Evan asks the same question I was thinking.

Elliot held the first paper so we could all read what was on it. We finally realized. They were confirmations about a trip to New York.

"We're going to New York?"

Grayson nods, grinning, "Over Thanksgiving break. Addi's dad pulled some strings at his company, and arranged this trip."

"Sweet!" Elliot and Evan cry, slapping each other five.

"That's awesome! When exactly are we going?"

"We're going the Friday after Thanksgiving. Since New York's not that far, we'll be driving in a rental van. We're staying for about a week."

"You knew about this all along?" Elliot turns to our parents, who are smirking.

"Well of course we did. We're the ones who had to approve."

After talking about the trip for about ten more minutes, all four boys head down to the basement. I said I would catch up with them later.

I went into my room, checking my insulin count. I was low, and I needed to eat something with sugar or carbs. But first, I needed to change my monitor.

Just as I was adjusting my sensor, I felt my bedroom door open. It was Ethan. Oh great. He caught me with my shirt up. While most girls would be worried about him seeing their boobs or something, I was worried about him finding out about my endocrine disease. Wasn't life fair?

"Oh, I'm so sorry, Emmy," he stutters, "I was just looking for the bathroom."

"Down the hall," I tell him. As he leaves the room, I call him back, "Ethan!"

"Yeah?"

"Can I tell you something personal?"

"Emmy, you don't have to explain anything to me, I just-"

"No, it's okay."

He nods and sits by me on the bed, signaling me to start.

"Well, I was born with Type I diabetes. It's not an uncommon disease, but it's pretty rare to be born with it. Anyway, that basically means my pancreas can't make a necessary hormone called insulin. Do you know what that is?"

He shakes his head.

"When you eat carbs or sugar, they become glucose in your bloodstream. Insulin's main job is to take this sugar from your blood and into your cells, where they are converted into energy. Since I don't have insulin, I have very high blood sugar, which is not good. So, to avoid problems, I inject myself with insulin every few hours. And this," I lifted up my shirt slightly to show him the mechanism on my stomach, "Tells me if I'm high or low."

"Wow. I can't imagine dealing with this for so long," he puts an arm around me, "Does anyone else know?"

"My brothers obviously know, and so does Max. I guess you could tell Addi, but please don't tell Grayson."

"Why?"

"I want to tell him myself. Please."

"Of course. Whatever you want."

"Thank you, E."

"Come on, let's go back downstairs before they start to suspect something."

I laugh, and follow him down into the basement, where my brothers and Grayson are playing some video game that I probably suck at. As I go to sit down, I feel Grayson staring at me a little weirdly, but it was probably all just in my head.

"What took you so long, dude?"

Ethan hesitates for a moment, but chuckles lightly, playing it off, "I kinda got lost on my way to the bathroom, so Emmy helped me out."

They all laugh, "Hey, Ethan I forgot to ask, how it went with Addi," Evan says.

I wasn't sure what he was talking about, but I saw Ethan's face instantly light up, "It went amazing. She said yes, and we ended up spending the whole night together."

"Ooh, doing what?" Elliot asked, a sly smile on his face.

"None of your business, perv," Ethan threw a pillow at his face.

I was really confused. What had gone amazing? And what did Elliot mean when he asked what they were doing all night?

"What a sec, what happened with you and Addi?"

Ethan turned to me, "Oh, sorry, Emmy, I forgot that you didn't know. Addi and I are now officially dating."

"Really? That's great!" I congratulate him.

"Thanks."

So Max had been right. It really had been Ethan and Addi all along. Grayson and Addi were just friends, and all my feelings of jealousy had been unjustified.

I spent the rest of the night feeling free now that I knew the truth.

At about 3am, I began to get drowsy. I said goodnight to the boys, who would be sleeping down in the basement, and went to my room upstairs. I changed into pajamas, and flopped on my bed, quickly falling asleep.

~  ~  ~  ~

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: Bohemian Rhapsody

ARTIST: Queen

COVER ARTIST: Panic! at the Disco

ALBUM: A Night at the Opera, 1975

cover by panic! at the disco is also included!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

552K 11.9K 189
Dolan Twins Imagines ✨
365K 6.8K 16
Tara King has known the Dolan twins practically her whole life. Her and Ethan are inseparable until a forbidden something or someone comes along. Tar...
389K 9.5K 47
"Now why were you crying?" he asked concerned. I started to wipe away some of the tear stains left on my cheeks, and said, "It was nothing. Something...
299K 4K 48
Isabella has recently just moved to New Jersey and has no clue how much her life will change. She has had trust issues since her last boyfriend and n...