Frenemy With The School Bad B...

By bright_gal

Alyssa Stratson is an outcast with plain looks and a disability-- she's deaf. With only one true friend and a... More

Chapter 1 :-
Chapter 2 :-
Chapter 3 :-
Chapter 4:-
Author's note :)
Chapter 5:-
Chapter 6 :-
Chapter 7:-
Chapter 8 :-
Chapter 9:-
Chapter 10:-
Chapter 10 - part 2:-
Chapter 11:-
Chapter 12:-
Chapter 13:-
Chapter 15:-
Chapter 16:-
Chapter 17:-
Chapter 18:-
Chapter 19:-
Chapter 20:-
Chapter 21:-
Chapter 22:-
Chapter 23;-
Chapter 24:-
Chapter 25:-
Chapter 26:-
Chapter 27:-
Chapter 28:-
Chapter 29:-
Chapter 30:-
Chapter 31:-
Chapter 32:-
Chapter 33:-
Epilogue :-)
Important Notice

Chapter 14:-

6K 174 14
By bright_gal

JOSH POV:-

I just had a crappy meeting with my fucking father in the early bright morning. Yeah the person you should look up if you are looking forward for  beating up yourself inside and outside. 

Our so wonderful meeting went like this. Note the sarcasm.

"Josh Allen, hows your studies going on?" My father asks in a stern business tone.His first question is and always foremost about my studies. I never recalled him of asking me any questions about my well being or happiness or what I like to do.

"Dad I just started school yesterday. Cut me some slack." I had answered him in a bored tone.

"Young man, watch your attitude. With this attitude you are going nowhere ahead in your life. How do you think I came this high from not having a single penny with me. Its all about studies and high grades. I never wasted my time unlike fools like you. See my former classmates where they are headed in life now, they are workers basically you could call them as servants for some people." He gives a prepared lecture. Same old. Nothing new. I have been hearing this awesome and interesting lecture since I was born. Note the sarcasm.

"Well sorry dad to disappoint you for not being the perfect son like 'Steve'. I dont have any interest in joining your business in the near future any time soon. I am interested in being a musician." I retorted him angrily, stating him again and again my facts which I have been fucking repeating every time he asks me about studies, making it go into his thick skull.

"Hah a musician - street musician. How much do they earn? Hardly ten dollars a day. What will you survive with that?" He half yells and screams at me.

"You do what the hell you goddamn want. You can force Steve but I fucking as hell am not at all going to join your business." I yelled at him, getting into a fierce temper which is really rare for me to get into.

"How dare you talk like this to your father?" He reprimands me at a high voice. If I hadn't left sooner it would have been an ugly battle, not even that, world war three was predicted in the future episodes.

So my father is the reason of my oh so great mood. On top of that Steve behaves as the perfect son of him. People says that he is the exact replica of his dad. I look little like my mom. Sometimes Dad wonders if I had been misplaced at the hospital although he doesn't make it known to me.

'Alyssa' here again was breaking my head for the project. Please people leave me alone. I am fucking tired of this  'study'. This or that. Dont people have a life apart from poking their nosy fingers into my life.

I know I pissed off Alyssa. I am also pissed off. 

I sat broodingly in the science class. I was waiting for the class to begin which means Alyssa was about to come.

When the bell rang, a familiar footsteps was coming closer and closer. Alyssa takes her place next to mine. She sits quietly with a stiff posture. She doesn't repeat the mistake of sleeping again as she doesn't want to get the chance of getting detention again.

I poked her on her arms which were resting on the table. "Alyssa," I called out softly.

"What?," she hissed angrily, making her tone soft to avoid the teacher suspense.

"Sorry." I give her a small smile. It wasn't fair of me to take out the pent up anger I was feeling on her. She didn't even do anything wrong.

"What now you are bi- polar?" She replies rudely.

"Well to think of it I am not a polar but you may reconsider me as lion." I smirk.

She laughs a low chuckle. Its fine between us. 

But I am not at all feeling fine. I need something to vent out all my frustations. I gave out a low groan.

Well it means one thing- I am skipping school right now. I made some reflexes to leave this class.

A hand was holding me from moving. A soft whispering tone was heard. "What are you doing? The class isn't over yet."

I am assuming that as she soon realized what she has done, she frantically removes her hand away from me.

"Well I am skipping." I gave her the look as if I was daring her to stop me. I made a move to get up.

"Wait for a second.Look, I am not stopping you. But its just five minutes left for the bell to ring. If you go now, then you will get into some serious trouble. After this class we can skip it. I know a great place to go to." Alyssa says in a low soft tone.

Being surprised at her words was an understatement. But I couldn't help feeling that she was right about the trouble part. I actually never cared about getting into troubles. But then again I dont know why I am listening to her words though.

"Do you know the meaning of skipping?" I asked her with a fake smirk plastered on my face.

" Of course I know the meaning of it. Otherwise I wouldnt have offered to skip along with you. Thats only if you want me to." There was a small vulnerablity present in her tone. Maybe her day too hasn't been good.

I cant believe I am allowing her to skip with me. "Okay lets skip together." My lips were perched together. 

~*~*~

We reached at a place which was really serene. There was no noise heard like the honks of vehicles, instead I could hear the a tune of birds chirping, the continuous flow of water droppings. I could smell a mixture of beautiful fragance of flowers , the muddy smell of grass.

 "What is this place?" I asked her.

"Umm its a place where I come often to think or when I am having a bad day. This place has a really soothing effect. So I guess you needed it." Alyssa says in a cheerful tone.

"Who said I needed it?" The words came out harshly then I expected it to.

"Oh right, sorry. I needed it. I need to clear my head. So please stay for a while. After that we can go wherever you want to." She says calmly as though she was not affected by my words. Must be the nature effect working on her.

She drags my elbow and guides me to sit down. I felt a strong support holding my back. I felt around it and realized it was a tree trunk I was resting on.

A moment of silence passed between us. There was no awkwardness just a comfortable silence. It was just what I needed.

 "Hey Josh, the place is actually kind of a human paradise which I would call it as my heaven. People come here often. Its a public place. But they missed a spot since its deep inside the woods. Its actually have a breath-taking view. The atmosphere is also always cool to calm us down." She suddenly explains me in a soft voice, not wanting to break the peaceful moment.

I just gave a short nod."Umm look you can scream out loud as much as you want to, you can, I have done it a number of times.The feeling is really worth it. And if you wish I could turn off my hearing aids so I wont be able to hear you embarrass yourself." She says the last statement in a teasing tone.

I guess I could try it out. What other options do I have for venting out my anger. 

"Don't listen. And don't even dare to mention it to anyone. And if you do, I'll refuse it." I replied in a serious voice. I didn't want my reputation damaged then it already is on the verge of becoming. I am losing my touch.

I stood up and walked ten steps ahead, I kept the count in my head. I am still new here.

 I let a scream out. Starting with a low pitch then increasing to a higher pitch. When it couldn't be increased more, I shut my mouth. The feeling was undescribable, I was feeling better after letting it all out. Like nothing else could harm me anymore. But my mouth was still sore with all the screaming. It was definately worth it. I walked the same ten steps and tried to find the tree with my hands stretched forward.

A soft hand held my hand, gave me a low tug and pulled me down. I sat down, feeling relaxed now. I rested my back properly on the trunk of the tree.

Soft chuckles was being heard in the atmosphere. As soon I faced to Alyssa's direction. She kept silent as though she hadn't done anything. 

"So you heard my scream huh?" I asked her although I knew her answer.

"Guilty as charged. Yeah I didn't turn it off. I wanted to embarrass you as long I can." She confesses the truth with a small smile.

"By the way, your screams were like a girl. I was always curious to hear the difference between a guy and a girl screams and their voices." She continues with a small gap.

"But I felt that you screamed just like a girl. I couldn't find any difference between yours and a girl." She teases me lightly.

"That was a manly scream. Not a girl." I pretended to be hurt.

"Okay fine. It was a manly scream. Happy." She says with a fake sigh.

"Anyways can you please tell me what you really hear now. I'll try to imagine it in my head." Alyssa asks with her interest and curiousity piped up.

Shit, how do I explain it to her so that she can understand it.

Well, sorry if I left it in a cliff hanger. All I can say is this story is keeping changing as I type the words. Cause I happen to get brain storming thoughts when I type . And I feel it has to be included to this story. So guys what I have planned originally a rough draft of a plot I imagined it of having around 20 chapters. But its dragging longer. I am not even close to completing half the original plot I had thought of. But maybe at least a quarter is finally over. So cheers for me :) 

Sorry for the lengthy note. Its just that it might actually take longer then what I thought of. I feel that its going at a good pace and thanks for everything your patience, reads, votes and comments :)

Same drill- vote, comment, fan, share :)

Have a nice day :)

-bright_gal :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

272K 7.2K 25
"Sarahi Santos, your with... Dmitry lopez." Once those words come out of her mouth, I despise them. Meet Sarahi Santos. She's one of the, "normal," p...
89.7K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...
68K 1.8K 35
Have you ever read a book about a nerdy boy and a bad girl? Oh, Yes? Well what about a blind nerdy boy and bad girl who meet and slowly fall in love...
79.5K 3K 38
After an accident in eighth grade, Louisa Kelley was blind. Every day was a struggle for her as she tried to adjust to life both at school and at hom...