A Shot in the Dark - Train He...

بواسطة SoraAndNoir

~NOTE 10/31/15: Massive edit is underway~ Falene Dawn found herself living a life of murderous intent after h... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #3
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14

Chapter #4

917 29 5
بواسطة SoraAndNoir

The two of you finally reached the boat and you both pulled yourselves over the side using your knees to climb in. You stood up and looked at your now drenched clothes.

"That's just wonderful." You said sarcastically, wringing out your shirt. Train laughed and opened a compartment. He pulled out two shirts that looked exactly like the one he was already wearing and threw one to you.

"Always think ahead." He said pulling his shirt off over his head. You found yourself staring for a moment but quickly turned away looking at the water. He had a very nice body.

'Stupid good looking boy.' You thought twiddling your thumbs.

"Are you going to change?" Train asked starting up the boat again. You looked back at him, happy to see his shirt was on, and blinked. There was no way you were going to show up in front of Miyu wearing Train's shirt after being on a boat with him alone. That would just look very wrong.

"My clothes will probably dry in the wind." You said climbing onto the front of the boat and laying out on it. You felt your clothes clinging to your skin. You didn't particularly like the feeling of it, let alone that some people tended to stare. Like when you and Miyu went swimming and she dragged you in by the feet off the dock. Not a good day.

"Not bad." Train said looking you up and down.

"Hey, kitty cat!" You called and he looked at your face. "My eyes are up here." You added pointing at your face with two fingers. He laughed and put the boat at full speed to let your clothing dry.

--

Miyu

You paced back and forth at the dock of this tiny remote island, angered. Falene and Train were taking a ridiculously long time to get here. Sven, Eve, and Ren watched you as your temper flared and worry grew. Falene was as ridiculous as ever, keeping you waiting for a lot longer than necessary.

"Miyu?" Sven asked and you looked at him. "Do you know how to fight?" He asked and you looked heavenward.

"Of course I do, I'm an assassin in training. How stupid would I look if I couldn't hold my own in a hand-to-hand fight?" It was a rhetorical question and he caught it.

"Do you fight Falene?"

"Yeah, she trained me."

"Can you beat her?" He asked and you burst out laughing.

"Are you kidding? I can fight but nowhere near as well as her. She'd wipe the floor with my ass." You joked and remembered one of your training sessions with Falene.

--

Flashback

You and Falene had been partnered assassins for almost a year now and you were 18. You had been enduring rigourous training, pushing your body and mind to their limits every day. You were getting stronger and you could feel it. On this day though, you were cocky. Falene was cleaning her weapons when you walked in.

"Hey there Feline!" You joked playing on her nerves. She hated that nickname.

"Don't call me that." She said as you fingered the handles of her sais. "I'm still your superior." She said with authority coating her words.

"Maybe." You said looking at her with a smirk. She glanced up at you then stood up.

"Wanna find out?" She asked with her hand on her gun. You knew better than to challenge Falene. She'd never try and kill you but she would show you up for sure. You thought for a moment.

"I'm going to go make dinner." You said turning away from her. Falene turned away and you turned back around swinging your foot up. She must have sensed you because her right hand knocked it away and she put her hand to your throat. She wasn't squeezing but she still took you by surprise. You glared at her and knocked her hand away with your left hand, spinning around. She dropped and sweep kicked you but you cart-wheeled over it. When you came back up, you jumped and kicked at her, first with your right and then your left but she just knocked them down with her hands like nothing. You punched at her but she blocked that too. You kicked and she kicked too anticipating your moves. You looked at her shocked and she just blinked. She was beginning to piss you off. You swung your left arm and she ducked under it kicking the heel of your foot dropping you to your back. This was playtime to her but she was giving you a lesson too. How annoying.

"Don't force it." She said looking down at you. "You're forcing it." You growled and hand sprung yourself back up. You punched twice, which she knocked aside and spun you around and caught your arm. She flipped you over backwards onto the ground on your back again. You breathed heavily but she hardly looked fazed. "You're getting better." She said reaching to give you a hand. "You have a lot of work to do but you just might be at my level very soon. Keep at it Flit." You looked at her in surprise.

"Flit?" You asked taking her hand. She helped you up and continued cleaning her weapons.

"It's the name I gave to a hummingbird when I was a kid. You have the attention span of a hummingbird so it only makes sense." She said nonchalantly. You knew she didn't know it, but that nickname made you feel like you had a family again. You hadn't had a nickname since your mom used to call you Cherryblossom and this nickname from Falene meant she really did like you.

--

Real Time

You never challenged Falene to a fight again after that. You had learnt your lesson.

"Hey guys!" You looked over and seen Train pulling in the boat waving at all of you while Falene sat sulking with her arms crossed behind him. After the boat was docked, Train helped Falene out and she glared at him. You noticed that she was wearing Train's shirt and you looked at her confused with your eyebrows raised.

"Why are you wearing Train's shirt?" You asked and Train opened his mouth to answer. She put a finger to his lips. They were facing each other, less than a foot apart and they were staring at one another.

"Don't speak a word of what happened out there. If you do, I'll kill you in your sleep." She said flatly. You blinked but Train didn't appear to be concerned.

"Sure you will." He said but didn't look away from her. "She fell in the water," He smirked. "Twice." Falene punched him in the gut and leaned towards him a bit since he doubled over to her height.

"Did you have a nice swim?" She asked and he looked at her confused.

"When?" He asked.

"Oh, right." She said looking naïve. She pushed on his chest hard with both her hands and he fell backwards into the water. You, Ren, Eve, and Sven laughed and Train emerged coughing. "Okay, now did you have a good swim?" She asked and he glared at her. Looking at the two of them made you giggle as Train swam over to the edge of the dock and put his arms up on it. She had bent over so her face was near his and she had a little smile on her face.

"Give me a hand?" Train asked holding a hand up for Falene to take. She rolled her eyes but took his hand. You knew it was coming but you didn't try to stop it. Train pulled her into the water flipping her over his head. He immediately went under and pulled her back up to the surface.

--

Later

Falene was angered as Train played with some of the sticks in the fire. You and Sven shared a log and Ren sat on the ground. After a little while, Eve stood up from her position by the fire and sat between you and Sven. She looked cold although it was relatively warm out. Falene felt her damp hair and growled.

"I've gone swimming more times today than I have in my whole life." She said and Train just smiled. He sat down on the log beside her and put his arm over her shoulder.

"Quit being such a sour puss, baby girl." He said winking at her. She just rolled her eyes and looked at the fire. You noticed that she didn't even try to move his arm off her. It didn't make sense. She caught you staring so you quickly averted your eyes to the fire. The colours were intoxicating. All the different shades of red, orange, and yellow. It was marvelous and you enjoyed every second you spent watching it. Suddenly, a cell phone started ringing and you recognized the tune being from Falene's cell. It was a phone call. She slowly slid it out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID.

"I have to take this." She said slipping out of Train's grip. She started walking away and answered the phone. "Cat's Eye." She said introducing herself. Train watched her the whole time and you all sat silently. "What's the name?" You sighed. It was time for Falene Dawn to become Cat's Eye. Someone was going to die tonight. You hated this. She went so formal and cold all the time. Suddenly, she turned around with her gun out and pointed it at Sven. "I have a package to deliver." She said and cocked her gun.

"Falene, NO!" You yelled but she continued.

"Death has been delivered." She said and the gun shot rang in your ear.

"Miyu!" Someone yelled. "Miyu! Wake up!" You opened your eyes wide because of someone shaking you. It was Falene. Her worry stricken eyes were staring down at you and you blinked. You were on the ground. You had fallen backwards off your log. "Are you alright?" Falene asked standing back up.

"What happened?" You asked being pulled back onto the log.

"You fell asleep on Sven's shoulder and then yelled 'Falene, no!' and fell backwards." Falene explained crossing her arms.

"It was... just a dream?" You asked mostly to yourself as you looked between all of them. Train and Falene walked back to their seats and Train snaked his arm over her shoulder again. She rolled her eyes and went to push it away with her hand when her cell phone started ringing. She slowly slid it out of her pocket and looked at the caller ID.

"I have to take this." She said slipping out of Train's grip. She started walking away and answered the phone. "Cat's Eye." She said introducing herself. Train watched her the whole time and you all sat silently. "What's the name?" You blinked twice. This couldn't be a coincidence. It couldn't be. Your eyes darted to Sven who just looked back at you confused. "Alright, I'll call when it's done." Falene said and turned back to everyone. "I need to go." She said turning on the balls of her feet. Train was the first one to jump up.

"Hey Falene!" You yelled after her. "You're on an island. How are you going to get back?"

"I'll take the boat." She was waving the boat keys in the air. Train felt his pockets. She had pickpocketed him. Typical Falene move. "I'll meet you at home tonight. Gotta work." She said striding off.

--

Later

Falene

After you finally got across the water, you left the harbor running. Your target was going to be at his meeting in less than 20 minutes so you had less than 10 to beat him there. It was dark now. 8:50 and the fireworks started at 9. You were supposed to take him out when the fireworks started going off so the gun shot would be masked. You had to work quickly and cross town on foot in 8 minutes or less. This was going to be entertaining. You started full out sprinting down the sidewalk passing a minimum number of people. You were thankful your clothes were dry and you were able to change out of Train's shirt. Not that you didn't like his shirt or anything. You just felt better in yours when you were doing a job.

--

Several Minutes Later

You were cutting it very close. You could see the building but you still had quite a distance to cover. You pushed your legs to the max just as you seen your target's car pull up to the building.

'Shit.' You thought getting ready to pull your gun. You looked at your watch, 1 minute left. You couldn't wait for the fireworks, he was going to be gone by then. The car pulled away and you seen your target take off his hat as he approached the doors. Four steps away. His hand reached for the handle. Three steps. He started to open the door. Two steps. You pulled your gun. One step. You put your gun barrel to the back of your target's head. He breathed in and turned his head to look at you a bit. "I have a package to deliver." You said and cocked your gun.

"Cat's Eye." He said. "You think you're a god send don't you?"

"No," You said and shook your head. "I'm a titan. Kicked out of hell, so I'm back."

"You and I are a lot alike. You're a killer, just like me." He said smirking. You knew you recognized him. A dirty cop. "It feels good. Killing." You shook your head again.

"I feel nothing." You stated and he looked at you shocked. "Death has been delivered." You added and the gun shot rang out. After you killed him, you ran around to the alley and hid, just as screaming cut through the air. You sighed and slipped out your cell phone hitting the redial button. The phone rang twice and you heard the usual man pick up. "It's done." You stated and you heard his fingers click on a keyboard.

"I have your next target, Cat's Eye." He said and you looked at the ground confused.

"Two in one night?" You asked.

"It's any time. Not meant for tonight." He said.

--

No POV

Miyu, Sven, Train, Eve, and Ren watched the sky waiting for the fireworks. Light conversation was passed with laughs and smiles. Falene leaned against the alley wall with her phone to her ear.

"What's the name?" She asked. Sven's arm snaked over Miyu's shoulder and she smiled.

"It has to be done within a week." The man said to Falene. Eve put down her book and stood up crossing the distance between herself, Miyu and Sven to sit between them under Sven's arm with her head on Miyu's shoulder.

"Okay, what's the name?" Falene asked looking up at the sky waiting for the fireworks. Ren leaned against a tree and smiled at Miyu, Sven, and Eve.

"Do you understand the terms Cat's Eye?" The man asked and Falene sighed.

"Yes, I get it, give me the name." She demanded. Train looked up at the sky waiting for the fireworks.

'I wonder if Falene's alright.' He thought thinking about Falene in a trance.

"Train Heartnet." The man said and Falene's eyes widened in shock. The fireworks started and her eyes cast to the ground. Train leant back a bit as the fireworks continued, picturing Falene's face. Falene gulped but returned her expression to her normal straight face and she evened out her voice.

"I'll call when it's done." She said and hung up the phone.

...::: To Be Continued :::...

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

697K 42.7K 106
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
488K 17.5K 96
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
977K 36.9K 88
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
78.1K 5.5K 24
Story starts from current track....where everyone blames Abhira for not telling Chaaru's affairs to them .... Then everyone scolded her including arm...