A Shot in the Dark - Train He...

By SoraAndNoir

~NOTE 10/31/15: Massive edit is underway~ Falene Dawn found herself living a life of murderous intent after h... More

Prologue
Chapter #1
Chapter #2
Chapter #4
Chapter #5
Chapter #6
Chapter #7
Chapter #8
Chapter #9
Chapter #10
Chapter #11
Chapter #12
Chapter #13
Chapter #14

Chapter #3

993 31 1
By SoraAndNoir

"This was a stupid idea even for you Train Heartnet." You said looking at the motor boat floating on the water.

"Stop using my last name baby girl. Call me Train." Train said walking past you to the boat.

"Stop calling me 'baby girl'." You said becoming entranced by the water. "I don't do boats Train. We don't mix well."

"This is awesome!" Miyu yelled twirling around with the older man, Sven, happily. "I can't wait to get out on the water!" She yelled and hugged Sven around the torso. Sven looked down at her curiously and then looked at you. As soon as his eyes met yours, he pushed her gently away.

"Are you jealous?" Train asked appearinlg suddenly beside you. You jumped a bit and started to fall backwards into the water. You felt Train's hand slip smoothly around to your mid back and lean forward with one knee bent. "Careful. You don't wanna go swimming in your clothes, do you?" Train asked and you just blinked.

"Ooooooo. Falene and Train sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Miyu sang and you both looked at her. You felt Train's arm muscles flex and he pulled you back up to your feet.

"Don't start." You said pushing around Train. He laughed once and then followed behind you. You looked at the boat and grimaced. "This is a bad idea." You said and Train picked you up bridal style. "What the hell are you doing!?" You asked gripping his neck, afraid he was going to throw you in the water.

"Not scared, are ya?" He asked jumping into the boat. He dropped you into one of the seats and you looked around with wide eyes, gripping the sides of the seat and flattening your body against the back like a frightened cat. "Are you coming with us?" He asked to the others, not to anyone specifically though.

"Go on ahead. Us four will take the bigger boat." Sven said starting to lead Ren, Eve (the little blonde girl), and Miyu towards the next boat.

"Suit yourself." Train said starting up the boat. You stood up.

"Hey, wait a minute! Don't leave me alone with him!" You called back to Miyu. She just giggled and waved as Train put the boat to a faster speed then necessary. You nearly fell over and hugged Train around the torso to stay up. After a second, you blinked twice and looked up at him. He was smiling ahead with one arm around your neck to your shoulder. You pushed off of him and sat down in the nearby seat blushing.

"Awh why the sour face?" Train asked keeping the boat at a constant speed.

"I don't like this." You said plainly. Train laughed. "I can't swim you know." You added looking at the water. "What if I fall in?"

"I'll come get you." He said glancing at you.

"Oh, that makes me feel very secure." You said sarcastically. After you had been driving for five minutes or so, you stood up to walk to the back of the boat. Just as you reached the end, Train hit a huge wave throwing you completely off balance. You started to fall over and Train turned.

"Watch out!" He called reaching for your hand. You felt his fingertips brush yours and then you fell over the side of the boat. The sudden cold water took your breath away and you were tossed around by, what you were assuming, was water from the boat motor. You lost sight of where up was and felt yourself sinking. It was... so cold. You didn't know how to swim and you didn't even try. You didn't like having no control.

--

Train

You turned around and seen Falene falling backwards off the boat.

"Watch out!" You called reaching for her. You felt her fingers slightly brush yours and then she was gone. You pulled the gas back to a stop and dived into the water. It was freezing and blasted the air out of you. You kept your eyes open, swimming downwards into the darkness searching for Falene's figure. You stopped swimming and looked around. You couldn't see her. You looked up a bit and seen her body sinking a little ways away from where you were. You swam towards her as fast as you could.

--

Falene

You hated the water. You didn't like that you didn't know how to swim. Not even the basic fundamentals. You opened your eyes and seen a mixture of dark and light blues. Water. Nothing but water.

You felt arms wrap around your waist and you were pushed upwards, your arms falling over the person's shoulders. You looked up and seen light coming closer to you. You had no air left in you and you felt really light headed. The light was within your reach and you came out from under the water. You sucked in the air arching your back and then started coughing over the person's shoulder. He breathed heavily near your ear and then chuckled a bit.

"Told ya I'd come get you." He said holding you closer to his chest. "Idiot. What are you doing falling in?"

"Don't start with me." You said keeping your arms around his neck.

"Falene," Train started and you looked at him in the corner of your eye. You liked how he said your name. "Are you okay?" He asked and you breathed out. You had forgotten how to breathe for a few seconds.

"Yeah, I'm fine." You said and the two of you just floated there silently holding onto each other.

--

Miyu

Ren was taking a shot at driving the boat while Eve read to him and you and Sven sat at the front of the boat. Your conversation consisted of your constant teasing him.

"What do you think of Train?" Sven asked after your most recent teasing session. You looked up at the sky and put your hands behind your head.

"I think he's good for Falene. She's never really been around a boy before aside from Ren. Plus Train just keeps dropping by unannounced." You looked over at Sven. "Why do you ask?"

"Just asking. He seems really interested in Falene. More than what I was expecting at least. He's got his mind set on getting her away from Chronos."

"There's nothing wrong with Chronos." You said and Sven looked at you. "Falene was betrayed by everyone when she was younger. I never got the whole story but I do know that Chronos took care of her. Falene would have died on the streets without Chronos." You ran your fingers through your hair and glanced over at Sven.

"What about you? Why are you with Chronos?" You sighed and looked back up at the sky.

"When I was little, my parents passed away and my younger sister and I went to separate godparents. Mine were horrid people and I was always treated like crap. I don't really know why but when I was 17, a number came to my house, there to kill my godparents. That assassin took me to Chronos instead of killing me so I landed on the lucky side of the street. This assassin was technically not a number but kind of like a number in training. She was Falene Dawn. I asked Chronos to teach me to kill. I want to be able to defend people that can't defend themselves and so they put me under Falene's charge." Your voice drifted as you remembered the events of that day.

--

Flashback

You were standing in the middle of a large room with three huge screens in front of you. Falene was standing in front of you talking to the people on the screens.

"Now wait one minute. I might have saved her but I didn't sign up to be a babysitter." Falene argued.

"This isn't up for discussion Cat's Eye. You are to train Miyu Naami to be an assassin. Teach her everything you know." One of the men said and Falene growled with her eyes narrowed.

"Now get going. Black Cat will be in soon." Another one of the men said. Falene turned on the balls of her feet and gestured for you to follow her.

--

Real Time

"That was the best day of my life." You continued and looked back to Sven. "It's the day I met Falene Dawn and started a whole new incredible journey. She's softened up with me since then and she's softening even more now that Train's in the picture. I can see it." You sighed and looked at the water. "It's not like I'm very good at my job though. I don't like killing people I know nothing about just 'cause some people on a big screen tell me to. Or in Falene's case, a phone call tells me to." You yawned and looked at your watch. "Where are we going anyway?" You asked seeing that it was already 1:30.

"I'm not totally sure. This is Train's escapade not mine. He just told me to go to the island and he'd take care of the rest. I don't really understand what he's planning but I just figure it's better to just stay out of his way." Sven explained taking out a cigarette. He put the end in his mouth and lit it. You blinked twice then sat up turning your knees off the lay out seat you were on. Your knees were touching and he raised an eyebrow at you. You leaned way in and he started blushing. "What are you doing?" He asked pulling his head away a bit. You just kept leaning in and he shut his eye. (You know, 'cause he has the eye patch) You snatched the smoke out of his mouth, broke it in half and then put it in the garbage can near your feet. He looked at you in amazement and you smirked.

"You were thinking I was going to kiss you, weren't you?" You asked playfully, batting your eyelashes.

"Of course not!" He exclaimed even redder and you giggled.

"Whatever silly boy." You said turning away from him back to your original position. "Time for a cat nap." You joked shutting your eyes. "Just like Falene says, 'there ain't no nap like a cat nap!'" You giggled again.

"You sure are different." You heard him say as he looked at the water.

"Why should I try to fit in when I was born to stand out?" You asked opening one eye. He smiled softly and you sat in silence listening to the waves and the wind.

--

Falene

"Uh, Train?" You asked and he made a questioning noise. "Are you ever going to swim us back to the boat?" You asked feeling his warm breath on your neck. He chuckled.

"I don't know. I think I like this better than the original plan." He said still treding water with his feet. You rolled your eyes.

"I don't like clinging to people." You said not loosening your grip around Train even the slightest bit.

"There's nothing wrong with hugging me Falene." He said pulling you back into him. Your arms might not have loosened but your hips had floated outwards.

"I'm not hugging you. You are merely a floatation device." You said laying the side of your head on his shoulder. You realized that you were cuddling yourself into him but you couldn't help it. It was between 1 and 2 and that's when you have your cat naps. It was time for your body to have a quick sleep before you had to kill a target later.

"Is my shoulder comfy?" Train's playful voice asked. You were too tired to even try and insult him.

"Shut up." You said plainly snuggling into him. He laughed and a boat started to pass by but slowed down looking at you.

"Are you two alright?" One of the men asked. You slowly opened your eyes and looked over at them.

"Oh yeah, we're fine." Train said smiling at them as you put your head back onto his shoulder.

"Ah, young love." A woman said and your eyes snapped open. You turned to say something but she interrupted. "You both look so cute."

"N-no," You stammered. "That's not what this is. I don't know how to swim and—" You were interrupted again by a second woman.

"Awh! That's so cute! He's holding onto you so you can swim!" She gushed. "You are so lucky. My boyfriend doesn't do anything with me anymore." She said and one of the men rolled his eyes.

"You are definitely going to get brownie points my man." He said hinting at what all men thought of.

"Now wait one minute," You started but Train started laughing.

"Thanks for the concern but we're fine. And we actually need to get back to our boat so see ya around." Train said waving at them a bit. He pulled away from you but grabbed your hand so you wouldn't sink. "Come on baby girl. I don't want to lose you." He said with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Awh!" The girls gushed. "He's so romantic!" You rolled your eyes and let him pull you into him as he started swimming you back to the boat.

"You're loving this aren't you?" You mumbled and he just laughed. You were in denial but you knew it was happening. You were getting close to this boy. He was defrosting your cold demeanor and softening you up. It was kind of frightening. But that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part was; you liked it.

...::: To Be Continued :::...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 110K 62
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
973K 52.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
634K 9.9K 65
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ 𝗔𝗱𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗻𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗼 𝗮 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗽𝗰𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝘀 𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗱𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗻𝗼 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗵𝗼𝘄 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼�...
182K 7.5K 53
𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire is the first female f1 driver in 𝗗𝗘𝗖𝗔𝗗𝗘𝗦 OR 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 noura denoire and charle...