Illumination Of Souls[Complet...

By Official_Neha27

Wordsmith Christmas Awards Winner It's easy to see someone and fall in love with them. But what happens when... More

Copyright and Introduction
Prologue
Perception Of Lives
Resolves To Live
Insight On Her Heart
Efforts
An Unknown Connection
A Trick Of Flowers!
Positive Attitude
The Tune Of Soul!
The Heartbroken You!
The Confusion Of Our Hearts!
Sneak Peak of the Coming Chapters.
The Touch Of You!
The Final Decision!
The Piognant Revealations!
Your Courage Is Unshakable!
Spicy Feelings Unleashed!
See, This Is My Heart!
A Speechless Sacrifice!
The Illuminated Souls!
Epilogue

Institution Of Instincts

2.6K 253 103
By Official_Neha27

Good instincts usually tell you what to do before your head has figured it out. 

                                                      Michael Burke.

Dressed in a pale blue jeans and a yellow see through shirt, Udit made his way towards the class after two days with the care taker tagging along on his right side. His steps were hesitant whilst his features were hard and troubled. He didn't knew how he will face everyone after his outburst because he refused to attend any class, since the second he stepped out of the room after lashing at Karishma. 

Seeing his trembling state, the head permitted him rest for the time being but now that he was supposed to face his own battles, it was like an Impossible task for him.

Every fiber in him was aware of the horrible feelings that rose in his chest, when he was forced to listen to Karishma's confession but he never knew he was going to show his vulnerability through his cruel words at her. The whole night that day, he stayed awake, the incidence playing in his mind, and he had to conclude finally that he was scared.

Scared to reveal his pain infront of all. He never wanted anything a little support from his loved ones, but the thought of being the topic of attention infront of unknown people due to his tragic fate, made him uncomfortable and frighten his soul which never recovered from the trauma of his horrible accident and the events that followed thereafter.

"Udit, come take your seat". He heard the female voice, and without a doubt, he recognized it as his instructor, Sheena from the other day.

"I will go now, Sir. If you need anything, tell Ma'am". The care taker instructed and nodding Udit took two steps inside and stood in the middle, not knowing where to go.

"Udit, do you remember your way to the seat where you sat last time?" Sheena inquired seeing his curious and confused expression. He nodded a no, making her sigh, and without a doubt, she knew that he needed extra push. He was enclosed in a shell and until he breaks those walls around him, he was a tough nut to crack.

He was sweating for some reason which didn't go unnoticed by Sheena, but understanding his restlessness, she took steps forward towards him and assured, "Don't worry. I won't ask you anything. You can relax".

Immediately a tired sigh escaped his lips and he nodded making her smile at his calm composure now.

"Is she not here?" He asked in a low feeble tone, as Sheena seated him on his place.

A curious expression crossed her face, as she scrutinized the anxious look of the male infront of her. She could feel some unusual vibes between them, because she herself witnessed the tension on Karishma's face, when he wasn't around.

It was strange that sometimes it takes eternity to create an ever lasting bond with someone, but there are times when two strangers who share the same pain get intertwined with the other in just a second.

"She as in Karishma?" Sheena still inquired wanting to gauge his reaction on hearing her name which was positive as she could see his tensed features softening at that very moment.

He nodded in affirmation biting his lower lip at his sudden intrusion about the girl with whom he quarrelled since the second they met. But deep down, he knew that he felt something stirring inside him with just her voice, and the similar happened as her sweet voice reached his ears.

"May I come in?"

"You may come in, Karishma and don't forget to meet your friend. Someone was missing you". Sheena permitted teasing her, as she took her place on her own without Sheena's assistance.

She sure was impressed by the girl who learned her steps in two days time.

"Who was missing me?" Karishma asked with a frown and Udits one finger moved to the bridge of his nose, as he felt uncomfortable all of a sudden.

"Just your all batch mates". Sheena replied with a knowing smile on her lips making Udit sigh in relief.

"So guys since the introduction parts are already over yesterday and honestly making you all speak about your likes and dislikes was surely a tough job and I hope you guys are not planning kill this poor girl". She joked lightening up the atmosphere and for the first time in three days, all of them laughed together in her class which soothed her heart.

It was the toughest and most difficult part of her job to bring a smile on those faces, who were lost in the shell of their pain and when she accomplished it, it automatically calmed her mind and soul.

"So today we are going to try the first step of the institution of five senses. Well the first thing I want you all to know that, never feel inferior infront of those who are capable of viewing the world through their eyes because they have physical eyes, while you guys have your inner soul. And today we are going to activate your level of Instincts which is called as institution of Instincts. Something which your heart and mind both agree too, and you ignore it for maximum times, but from now onwards you will always listen to that instinct that comes from your within". She explained in a confident yet determined tone and needless to say, all were paying attention to her especially Udit who seemed to like her words instantly.

"Do you guys know, how the businessmen in our country achieve success?" She asked and started thinking for a suitable answer.

"They believe their instincts about their growth more than the greed for profit". Came the hard reply from Udit surprising Sheena and Karishma who heard his voice after two days, sighed in relief and she didn't knew why?

"True that and it is because they don't think about the consequences, they believe their inner soul before filling up any contract or tender and the result is their success is at their doorstep. I know, you might be thinking what it has to do with you all, but it has to do. Like a businessmen believes his inner conscience before taking up any decision, I want you guys to do the same. Ignore what others are saying, but believe your instincts. Your eyes are in your soul now and you have to read everything from there". Sheena explained them.

Few understood the depth behind her words whilst few were still in deep thoughts. As for Karishma, she was smiling throughout enjoying the information she was just given and as for Udit, he seemed to be lost in his thoughts.

"Now, I'll pair two of you and we will play the Instincts game. So all of you, get up on your places and as I direct you, you will walk upto your partners, one by one. In this way, you all will have confidence over your steps and you will also be able to know your batchmates". She declared and started dictating everyone one by one.

"Pooja, take ten steps forward from your place and join Ajay's bench on your right". Sheena ordered the second last pair and nodding, the girl obliged.

"Last pair is Udit and Karishma". Sheena stated purposely making Udit close his fist and Karishma looked down embarrassed feeling something unusual in her chest.

"Udit, thirty steps to the front and you will join Karishma, on your left". She ordered and hesitating he stepped out of his seat still anxiety of getting hurt lurking around in his mind.

"Baby steps or long strides, Ms. Sheena?" He asked making her smile and all others left out a low chuckle. Karishma didn't knew why her cheeks heated up to the color of red hearing the joke in his voice for the first time, since their meeting?

"Well, what does your instincts say?"

"If I take long strides, I will cover the distance in fifteen steps and if baby steps then as you said, it will be thirty". He answered sincerely impressing one and all.

"Then believe your instincts, Udit". Sheena announced determined and nodding Udit took long strides, and in no time, he was beside Karishma raising her heartbeat with his intoxicating fragrance. 

"Now you all may sit down."

"Close your eyes and take deep breaths for five time and when you open your eyes, you will face your partners".

All of them obliged but Sheena's eyes were scanning Udit and Karishma's face only. She could feel the heaviness of their emotions roaming around them and both needed to let it out, but will they?

"Now, one by one, you will put your hand infront of your partners, with any amount of fingers on show, and your partner with their instincts will try to answer. Please note, concentrate only on your partner and shut down everything around you". She ordered and everyone started to follow her.

Karishma showed her thumb infront of Udit, but he simply remained mumb. His mind kept on playing the incidence of his pasts as well as his outburst at Karishma.

"You didn't reply?" She inquired seeing his lack of response. She could feel the tension around him clearly because his breathing was uneven.

"Try again". She obliged but his worked up mind was far away from focus, hence he replied wrong though he knew it well, that he was wrong.

"My turn". He said once he lost all the five times and showed his three fingers infront of her.

"Three". She replied confidently making him mumble a Hmmmmmm in response.

"You are not here? Is something troubling you?" She asked as once again he was lost in his own thoughts completely ignoring the activity at hand.

"I shouldn't have lashed out at you. I......I am sorry". He apologized taking a deep breath shocking her.

"It's okay. But you still need to apologize to me for the other day, Mr..," she stated and reminded him interlocking the fingers of her both hands.

"What the?"

"You are still pinning over that apology. Like seriously! You are crazy!" Udit added with disbelief in his tone making Karishma let out a soft chuckle which confused him.

"Now why are you chuckling as if you solved the big mystery?"

"Well can't believe, someone can be so stupid". She mocked wanting to lighten up the atmosphere between them.

"What do you mean by I am stupid?" He inquired almost in a threatening voice but it was a whisper near her ears so that no one will hear their private talks.

"You already apologized to me just now and you believed my words for a second apology. Like seriously. Can you be anymore stupid?" She stated laughing slowly not wanting others to hear their argument.

He scowled and crossed his arms over his chest turning his face away from her as she continued to laugh which annoyed him but somewhere deep inside, he felt at peace hearing her melodious laughter.

"Okay, now stop being a grumpy kid and carry on the task at hand". She pestered him turning him around through his forearms and he was taken aback by her sudden boldness.

"Aren't you taking too much liberties on me, Ms. Wahi?" He asked coldly pushing her hand away and once again enclosing himself in his dark shell.

"Sorry". He didn't said a word after that, as he continued their game and Everytime he lost it when it was her turn.

Karishma sighed as she understood the meaning behind his words, clearly and at that moment, she made up her mind for the decision that might change the course of his life.

After an hour, when the class was over and she was sure that everyone was gone, apart from Sheena, she made her way towards her instructor and stated in a determined tone, "I accept Anita Ma'am and your offer, Ms. Sheena".

Pain is that part of your life which is unavoidable, isn't it now?

How was the chapter guys? What do you think is the offer? Did you liked a little moment of Rishit?

Please do vote and comment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 1.1K 84
"β„π•šπ•€ 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•šπ•€ π•¦π•Ÿπ•–π•Ÿπ••π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•’π•Ÿπ•• 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 π•šπ•€ π•’π•π•π•–π•§π•šπ•’π•₯π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜....." β˜…β˜…β˜… AARYANSH Γ— ISH...
154K 7.4K 42
This is a Happy Ending wala story.Without big twists and turns or cheatings. #12 in Fanfiction (20.08.2016) #2 in Short Story (18.11.2016) first...
946K 38.7K 54
| Complete | βœ… They stared into each others eyes and everything seemed completely oblivious to them. Raw emotions of love and care were floating in...
16.8K 1.9K 19
Love makes people beautiful, beautiful in the fact that those who are stricken by love become blind. Not being able to see the evils and pain in the...