It's Gotta Be You {One Direct...

By spraythesun

"Life is a funny thing. The moment you think you've gotten everything right, something comes along and turns... More

New Boys (I)
New Boys (II).
Who Are They?
Happiness.
Fun Times.
In a dream, memories, shouts and screams.
New friends
At the party
Bunking off
At the beach
Bad News
Leaving...Leaving...Gone.
He's gone...I'm still here.
Carrying on
Surprised
Apologize
A Day Out
Practising.
Angry.
First Performance
Ice-Skating
Filming.
Lost The Way.
Painful.
Back again.
Home Sweet Home.
First Concert.
Christmas.
Epilogue.
Thank You!

The Holiday.

38.7K 401 102
By spraythesun

Reece's P.O.V:

'Have you got everything Reece?' Lana asks me. I nod.

'But, I'm missing my cardigan...I'll go check back at my house.' I say, standing up.

'Oh, and I forgot to ask you girls...Who told Kari that I love Zayn?' I ask them, frowning.

'Not me.' Lana says.

'I didn't Reece.' Sam says. I can obviously see that Lana and Sam aren't lying. Hannah? Or Steph?

'I honestly didn't tell her Reece.' Hannah says, shaking her head. I look at Steph.

'Ok...It was me.' she sighs.

'Er, why?' I ask her.

'I dunno. I thought you wouldn't mind.' Steph says, looking down at her hands. I sigh.

'Well, I'm not sure if I do or not.' I say, running my hands through my newly straightened hair.

'I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything.' Steph apologises.

'It's Ok. Just...don't do it again.' I say. I leave my room and go over the road to my house.

I unlock the door and run up to my room to search for my cardie. I need it for Paris!

Then the doorbell rings. I stand up from looking in my wardrobe and go downstairs. I open the door to find Rizo and Chelsea standing there, with none other than my black cardigan!

'Hi! I picked up your cardigan by mistake. Sorry.' Rizo hands it to me, smiling.

'That's Ok.' I grin.

'Well...We'd better be going now anyway. We were on our way shopping.' Chelsea says, smiling.

They start walking away when a thought jumps into my mind.

'Wait! Follow me!' I call, slamming my door shut. They follow me to the boys house, with confused expression on their faces. I open the door and call out to the boys.

'Boys? We've got two visitors!' I say, grinning like a maniac. Hey, I know they like One Direction and I'm in a good mood. So, yeah, I thought I'd get them to meet the boys.

The boys come into the room and Chelsea screams and Rizo blinks in surprise.

'Rizo, Chelsea, meet One Direction!' I say.

They introduce themselves and they stay for lunch. I think they're REALLY happy. Like, REALLY REALLY happy!

'Anyway, we'd better go. We've got a plane to catch.' I say, smiling.

'Whoo! Have a good time Reece!' Lana winks at me, before hugging me.

'I will.' I say laughing, hugging her back. I hug everyone; Lana, Sam, Hannah, Abi, Nikki, Steph, Rizo, Chelsea, Liam, Harry, Niall and Louis. Everyone was shouting: "Have fun! Have fun!" when we climbed into the taxi.

I'm planning on having a perfect time with my perfect boyfriend.

****

'I can't believe it! I'm in Paris!' I squeal, hugging Zayn. He hugs me back and says:

'Yeah! We are.'

We put our suitcases in our shared hotel room (Don't. Say. A. Thing!) and then we sit on the balcony that overlooks the city. I love this place.

'I'm going to get a drink, do you want one?' he asks me, standing up. I nod.

'Yes please.' I turn to smile at him. He grins back. He comes back with two glasses of Coke.

I sigh, happily.

'You like it?' he asks me. I nod, fervently.

'Of course! Do you?' I ask him. He nods, smiling at my enthusiasm.

'Yeah! Yes, I do. It's like I thought it'd be.' he admits. I nod, slowly.

'Same with me.' I reply.

'So, how long are we staying here for?' I ask him. He shrugs.

'I'm not sure. A week or two.' he answers me.

'Cool! It's a bit late for sight seeing now, but can we go tomorrow?' I ask him. He laughs loudly.

'Yeah, we'll do whatever you want.' he says, smiling at me lovingly.

See why he's such a good boyfriend?

He's just great.

'We can go for a walk, if you want.' he says, hopefully.

I nod and smile at him.

'Yeah, let's go.' I say. He takes my hand and we walk down to the pavement.

We walk for ages, talking about family, friends, the boys, the girls. Then we sit at the park and we listen to the folk music that's playing.

'I miss my guitar.' I sigh, listening to the familiar music coming from the guitar playing band.

Zayn laughs at my face.

'Hey! You're not supposed to laugh at me!' I say, feigning hurt.

'Aw, I didn't mean it Reece!' he says, pulling me onto his lap. I can still hear the smile in his voice.

'I want you to make up for it.' I say. He smiles and kisses me lightly on my lips, barely touching them.

'Is that enough?' he asks, innocently. I snort.

'Are you joking? Of course not.'

He leans down and kisses me on my lips. And this time I can actually feel it.

I put my hands around his neck and he has his on my waist.

'Is that enough?' he asks, winking. I pretend to think about it. And then I shake my head.

'Nope!' I say, smiling. Then we kiss again.

I suppose we could've carried on like this forever, but it was getting dark, so we stand up and walk back to the hotel, slowly, hand in hand.

We have dinner and then we sit on the balcony again, next to each other and we watch the city light up with the street lights, the house lights and I see the Eiffel Tower.

'I wanna go there some time!' I say, pointing at the Eiffel Tower. He laughs and nods.

'Yeah, we'll go.' he replies, grinning. I suddenly lunge myself at him and hug him tightly.

'Thank you Zayn. This is my best present.' I say, sincerely. He hugs my waist and I sit on his lap.

'You're welcome Reece.' he replies, smiling sweetly.

I kiss his lips.

'Have I told you Reece...I love you.' he says. I laugh joyfully.

'Hmm...I think you have.' I say, laying my head on his chest.

'I'll tell you again.'

'I love you Reece.' he says.

'I love you too Zayn.' I say, looking up and into his eyes.

And I mean it. Of course I do. I mean, he's perfect. He's just right for me. I don't want to lose him ever. Ever.

Zayn's P.O.V:

I sleep with Reece beside me, with her head on my chest. I wake up and start playing with her hair, hoping not to wake her up.

When she told me that she loves me too, I was so happy. I wanted to tell the boys as soon as she said that, but we kissed instead. It was Christmas. I didn't really want anything from her, because I've got her, something I've always wanted, but she got me something anyway.

I look up from her peaceful face and at the balcony doors and the sun streaming through it.

I'm glad I got the tickets in time. I was planning on asking her, because I was planning on breaking up with Kari before Christmas, but she beat me to it.

I'm glad she's left.

I didn't love her, did I?

No, course I didn't. I only went out with her because I thought that Reece didn't love me.

But, I learnt that you've gotta take chances in life. I took a chance with Reece and it worked. I mean, I'm going out with her now, aren't I?

I hear the birds singing and I smile, remembering Reece's voice when we'd first met each other and we were playing in the living room, paired up with each other to win at the dance and singing game, against the boys. I laugh softly.

Good times.

She told me Christmas day (A few weeks ago) that she loved me since she met and got to know me, which is the same as me. When I first got here, I didn't know anyone and it was a relief to meet a good-looking girl and sit with her.

Reece turns over and her eyes flutter open. I smile at her and she smiles back.

'Morning.' she says, sleepily.

'Morning beautiful.' I reply, grinning.

Reece's P.O.V:

We spend the whole day walking around Paris. Well, a small part of it anyway.

We go shopping, because we both love shopping. We buy a few bits of clothing and we buy souvenirs for the boys, my friends and my dad.

'I love it here.' I say, taking a sip of hot chocolate.

'So do I. After three days, you've fallen in love with Paris.' he says, smiling at me. I nod.

'Just like I did with you.' I reply, grinning. He laughs.

'Yeah, and me.' he answers me.

We spend a few more days sight-seeing and walking around Paris. We haven't been to the Eiffel Tower yet.

I want to go there before we leave, which is in a few days. I think.

'When are we going back?' I ask him, taking my sunglasses off. We're walking through the streets and the sun is blinding me.

'Four days.' he says, sadly. I sigh, disappointed. He puts his arm around my waist.

'I wish we could stay.' I say. He nods, agreeing.

'Yeah, me too.' he sighs. I wish...

'What do you want for your birthday?' he asks me, suddenly.

'You!' I grin at him. He laughs.

'No, really.' he says. I shrug.

'I don't know really.' I say. I have no idea what I want for my birthday and it's the day after tomorrow.

'We're going back on the night of your birthday.' he says, smiling.

'Yeah. We're gonna be back in England and we'll see everyone again.' I say happily.

Even though I say I love it here (Which I do. Don't doubt me.) I still miss the guys, Nikki, Abi, the girls.

The days fly by and soon it's my birthday. I can't believe my time here is over.

'We'll pack and then we'll go out, yeah?' Zayn asks me, coming up and hugging me from behind. I lean my head back against his shoulder.

'Ok. Let's start then.' I say. He turns me around and looks at me.

'Happy birthday Reece!' he says loudly, grinning.

'Thanks. I'm seventeen! Nearly as old as you.' I wink at him.

'I'll be nineteen tomorrow.' he says, making a face. I laugh and tug him to our suitcases.

'You're two years older than me.' I say. He nods.

'That's not a problem though, is it?' he asks me, suddenly. I shove my clothes into my suitcase and shake my head.

'No, course not.' I reply. I hear him sigh in relief.

We take a really long walk around the city again, kinda like saying goodbye. I'm gonna miss this place. It's like a second home to me. And I haven't even been to the Eiffel Tower.

'I suppose we'd better get back.' he sighs, looking at his watch. I look at his sad eyes.

'Yeah.' I say, quietly. He kisses me suddenly.

We walk really slowly back to the hotel, as if we didn't want to leave.

We take the suitcases down to the front door and Zayn talks to a man for a minute.

'C'mon, Reece. I wanna take you somewhere quickly.' he says, taking my hand and running out of the door.

'What? Where are we going? What about the plane?' I ask him, running along his side easily.

'We're going somewhere first.' he says, tugging me along with him. After a few minutes he stops and ties a blindfold around my eyes.

'Zayn!' I protest as he takes my hand again. I can't see anything.

'Hang on.' he says and then I feel my feet leave the ground and I'm holding onto him. He runs swiftly with me in his arms. I'm pretty heavy.

We stop and he breathes hard. He talks to someone in English and then we're climbing stairs. We run up the stairs for what seems like hours. And to me, it seems even longer because I keep on tripping and Zayn stops to check if I'm alright.

'There. We're here.' he says. He takes the blindfold off and I gasp. Then I squeal and throw my arms around his neck.

'I though you wanted to see it.' he says, kissing my cheek. I nod.

'And now, I'm actually at the top of the Eiffel Tower.' I say, grinning.

I can see the city for miles. Literally. And it's all so pretty. It's nearly dark so the lights are on and it makes it so much prettier.

I walk to the edge and put my hands on the bars. I look down. And then up. I'm actually at the top. I turn to Zayn and smile at him, lovingly.

'I love you Zayn.' I say. He comes over and kisses me.

Then he pulls away and looks at me.

'I know we've just got together but...This is your birthday present from me.' he says. He pulls a tiny little box from his pocket and hands it to me.

My breath hitches as I open the box. Inside there's a plain but gorgeous ring. It's gold and is rimmed with silver. I look closely. There's an inscription in it too.

'I love you.' he says at the same time as I read it on the ring. I look up to his eyes, my own eyes suddenly full of tears.

He takes the ring out of the box and puts it on my finger.

'Don't put it on the other finger. It'll look like we're married.' he says, grinning. I laugh and hug him hard. I pull away and look at the ring on my middle finger. It fits perfectly.

'Thank you Zayn. I mean it. Thanks.' I say.

'You're very welcome Reece.' he says, slipping his arm around my waist.

'I have three pieces of jewellery from you. My necklace, bracelet and now this.' I say.

'Yeah. I've got something too.' he says, pulling something on a chain out from his jumper. It's the other half to my necklace. I smile at him.

'I love you Zayn.' I say, kissing him. He kisses me back and I see in his eyes that he loves me too.

We turn to look at the city once more.

And I realize something.

I realize that I'm happy. Really happy. I'm happy with my life.

I mean, I've got friends, a boyfriend and family. Even though I haven't got my mum.

I'm happy. In the past four months I've realized that I can be happy while being sad because of my mum. I've realized that I'm happy now. I can be happy without my mum being here.

I've realized...I've realized that my life is perfect.

Aaaaaaw...It's over! I can't believe it's over!!! I just can't BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! :( My first ever story/book and it's over. I loved this story!! I hope you guys love it as much as I do! :D

I would like everyone who's reading this to vote, as it's the last chapter ;) I'm doing an epilogue, as promised :) Leave a comment for me guys! :) I feel like crying right now! This is so heart-felt. I've added the One Thing video for anyone to watch it, beside :) This story is over... :'( Vote, Fan and Comment guys, please! You'll make me happier now I'm sad because it's ended! :)

Look out for the sequel and the epilogue! :D

Love

Amber {Chocolate Queen, Mrs Malik, Direction Princess, Baby Momma}

xox <3

P.S: I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

777K 6.7K 31
Rhiannon Crookes. A quiet country girl from a small town in England who spends her life hiding behind a fake smile. Her life has been a rollercoaster...
49.4K 999 31
"Love is confusing. But, once you know how to control it, it can change a life," I whispered, beaming at my brother that I loved far too much. ...
1.1M 40.8K 58
[✓] ∥ "What do you fear most?" At my childish question, she smiles and looks down. In all honesty, I thought we were going to have to stay there all...
6.3M 54.2K 53
"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter and Facebook page." Ella Strauss once sa...