Web Of Twisted Truths...

Door background21

A man walking into the forest like he owns it with his face covered with all the anger in the whole world if... Meer

Introduction
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Neetha's note
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Epilogue

Chapter 14

1.8K 105 21
Door background21

*Kevin Pov*

"Lily is informed!" I suddenly heard Dan'd voice making me mutter a few curses for his doings.

Shit! How did I miss my aim? I thought looking at the wound on his shoulder and then at the way Lily would sure be coming right now.

"Who asked you to inform her?" I barked fisting my hands and knelt beside him.

"Andrew!" I heard a bare whisper and saw Lily already reaching near us before falling on her knees beside him.

"Who did this?" she calmly asked before touching his blood covered shirt with her palm.

"Lily... that..." I stuttered and stopped when she turned to give me a stare.

"Who the hell did this? I am not going to leave that person." She shouted making me gulp in terror.

She opened her mouth, but before she could say anything there was suddenly a shot out of nowhere, which hit a rock near to us.

"Lily!" we heard a whisper and looked down to see Andrew groaning.

"Kevin! I want you both move him away from here to somewhere safe." Lily ordered before getting up.

"But..." I mumbled frowning at her.

"Right now!" she barked before moving towards the tree where another one of the our armed man is present.

"Give it to me." She ordered and he immediately jumped down before giving her the guns and again climbed back to start his attack.

"What are you guys looking at?" she asked and moved more into the clearing.

"Lily! Come back." I shouted but she didn't hear and then she did the worst.

She took an aim and shot at the ocean. And then it started one after the other with the bullets showering from either side.

This made Dan and I lift Andrew and take him to the hut by which we can keep an eye on him too and the caravan is too far.

"You stay here!" I ordered Dan before rushing to aid Lily.

"Why are you here? I wanted you to protect him." Lily said when I crouched hiding from the bullets beside her behind the big rock.

"Dan can do it." I mumbled and whistled to which one of ours came down and gave me one gun.

"Let's finish this." Lily muttered after throwing a glance at the hut and stood up.

"Sure!" I mumbled and we both stood up before trying to attack each and everyone we see as we know all our team is on the trees targeting the far attacks.

"Damn it!" she cursed and I turned to see her losing a gun.

"Be careful!" I whispered and continued to fight, hoping to give her one of my guns, but she rushed towards another tree before whistling with which she got another gun and then suddenly the firing stopped.

We both looked at and immediately took safe positions. She calmly signaled me to look on my other side before she turns to another herself.

"Now, we need you guys to give us the location of them hiding anywhere with the hints of our devices." Lily whispered into the mike.

Slowly, one after the other started filling in the details. And we both communicated with hands regarding who will take down on which hideout before jumping into the mission.

I saw a guy smiling evilly at me when I went near his hideout and I smiled back before shooting on his skull.

What sick people were here? I thought, shaking my head and calmly took one after the other before moving towards her side only to see her in a serious battle with two guys.

"Shall I step in?" I asked, knowing well what happened last time I did without asking her.

"No! Either them or you guys to shower my anger on." She replied, making me nod and step back waiting for other hints regarding their location.

I couldn't help but stare at her fighting those heavy built men. When I saw a nearly similar scene two years back I wanted to show her I am better than her and still remember the bruise on my stomach.

However, after that we became close and would have been much more if not for her father. But what he did was also correct which I understood now.

She finally slumped on the floor gasping for breath when those two fell on the ground. I slowly walked near her before placing a comfort hand on her shoulder.

"Andrew! Andrew is hurt which needs to be taken care of. I need one doctor here immediately." She ordered after taking a deep breath.

"Did you at least stopped his bleeding?" she asked, looking at me with accusing eyes.

"Yes! I didn't shoot him, Lily." I whispered.

"I know! But some how you looked guilty at the same time too." She stated before rushing towards the hut with me on her tracks.

"I was about to shoot the guy who was on the boat and ready to shoot Andrew but I missed." I replied accepting my mistake.

"You saw who shot him? Who is it in the guys here?" she asked showing the dead bodies.

"He immediately left." I replied, to which she shook with fury for a minute until she reached the hut.

"I called boss and told him what happened." Dan said, looking at us making both of us stare at him.

"Kevin!" Lily called still staring at Dan.

"Yes?" I asked, glaring at Dan.

"When a doctor is brought here and sent back after curing Andrew, I need you to send Dan off from here." She ordered and pushed him away before entering the hut.

"Why is she so angry when Andre is the one who got hurt?" Dan asked frowning at me.

"You don't know what will happen if he dies, Dan. And you don't know what you must have set in the main office near Victor with your message. If you are scared of Lily's anger, then trust me, you don't want to see Victor's hearing this." I replied, knowing well I should be patient as I was the one who suggested to bring him along with us just basing on his strength but not on his mind power.

"Is the doctor on the way?" I asked in the mike knowing well someone must have already left when they heard the words of Lily.

"He will be soon." I got the satisfied reply before I took hold of Dan and dragged him away, but not before looking inside the hut to see Lily sitting numbly on the stool beside the cot.

This is going to be so not good when Victor comes to know about this too and maybe even worse than Andrew getting shot.

*Lily Pov*

"Will he be fine?" I asked, letting out the words when the doctor finished dressing the wound.

"Er... yes!" he replied, making me frown.

"Say the correct answer." I said, glaring at him.

"He will be fine." He said nodding.

"Kevin! Make sure the word doesn't come out about it until at least our work is done from this doctor." I said, staring at the middle aged man and saw him gulping.

"You need not tell me." Kevin said, smirking and took the doctor away.

"I don't want to disturb for silly things." I said suddenly feeling tired and switched off the mike.

I slowly lay beside him not disturbing his wound and let the few tears flow that were ready to come out from the moment I saw his lifeless body on the ground.

"My heart stopped, Andrew. Why does it have to be this way?" I whispered and closed my eyes before placing my hand on his chest.

"Lily!" I fell down from the cot hearing his voice and glanced up to see him groaning in pain.

I immediately rushed to the juice pack I made them bring before taking the glass near his lips. He drank still with not completely conscious.

"Lily!" he whispered again and I pressed my finger to his lips before leaning down to press a kiss on his forehead.

"Shh... sleep." I whispered and lay back beside him, keeping an eye on the clock to remember at what time he woke up.

"How is he Lily?" Kevin after after a few hours knocking on the door.

I walked towards it and opened the door before nodding at him, to which he sighed in relief but then his expression became grim.

"Victor is wishing to talk to you. He is barking at all of us. You should talk to him." He said forwarding his phone.

"I don't want to. Not, at least until he is well. He will eat me up from the phone itself, Kevin." I said and closed the door on his face.

The next day I heard him saying my name but this time it was not a small whisper but a strong one.

"You are awake?" I asked, getting down from the cot and turned to stare at him.

"What is happening here?" he asked weakly and blinked his eyes while I walked away to bring him some more juice and tablet.

"Here! Have this tablet." I said, offering him, which he stared with a frown along with at the juice glass.

"Where did you..." he started saying, but I placed a finger on his lips.

"Just have this and take a rest." I said, feeling the fever still present in his body.

"What? But..." he started saying which I stopped by pushing the tablet in his mouth and literally poured the juice into it.

"Now, you will lay down and sleep without saying anything." I mumbled adjusting the bed sheet covering him.

"Lily..." he started with a warning tone.

"Just shut up and sleep." I shouted back, making him stop in the mid sentence while I fumed at him.

"Do you know how weak you are? You should rest before I inject some stupid drug into your body to make you." I threatened and he just stared at me before his eyes closed slowly even though he fought it but the tablet was too powerful to expect anything less from it.

"How was his first experience of your shouting?" Kevin asked leaning on the door.

"Don't make it into some joke, Kevin. You know what is ahead of us. We failed the mission." I replied, turning towards him.

"We didn't! There is still a chance to get what we want from this mission." He said and walked away.

But I turned to stare at Andrew knowing well I lost the mission completely without a doubt.

After that for one week I was agitated seeing him so still on the cot. His fever is coming down, but only little by little and he doesn't have energy to even ask me any questions lingering in his head.

At least I am able to give the medicines properly as doctor prescribed most of which are painkillers making him dozy for most of the time.

However, right this moment from morning he doesn't have the fever and I saw that while dressing his wound, it seems to be not critical with the stitches dissolving too.

And now I know it was time to talk to the old man. I took the phone which Kevin left back standing near the door and called him.

"Lily!" he barked the moment he lifted.

"He is fine!" I simply replied.

"He is fine? Is that what you want to tell me? You know I was trying to reach you from past one week." He continued to shout.

"What would have been the difference? You would have said the same thing that you will be saying now." I said feeling tired with everything.

"You know what happened, right? He was shot, Lily." He said like I don't actually know.

"And no one knows it more than me." I stated rubbing my forehead.

"You know I want him alive and not dead. You know it too well because of which I was telling not to go with your plan." He said and I immediately felt guilty.

"You are saying as if he would have been fine with your plan. He is at least alive for all these days." I said, defending myself not wanting to accept my failure before him.

"Don't test my patience, Lily." He warned.

"He will be there alive and not dead. And that is a promise, Victor." I said switching off the phone before throwing it outside.

I just stood there still feeling aftereffects of the conversation I had with Victor until I not only heard his voice but also felt him just behind me making me gulp.

------------------------------------------

hey guys! So, because of yesterdays small chap, here is large chap...

how is it?

Comment plz and vote...

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

319 7 14
"What the hell are you?" I screamed. The more I scooted away towards the darkness, the more their eyes glowed. I hyperventilated as they grew nearer...
1.2K 15 16
,,You don't want to get involved with me." she said quietly as he removed the thin strap of her dress from her bare shoulder. ,,Why do you say that?"...
15.2K 1.1K 46
What happens when the person who annoys you is the person who can see you for who you really are? What happens when the one thing that draws you in...
Prisoner of Love Door Laura

Mysterie / Thriller

344 31 28
She once loved him, even said yes to taking his last name. Than came their wedding and she left him at the altar without a word and he was left broke...