Nine Months

By YJfanficfreak

Wally and I got married just two months ago. Sure, we were married so we were 'Active' if you know what I mea... More

A/N
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
POLL!!! PLEASE READ!!! (Poll closed)
Poll Results!!!
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
POLL!!! PLEASE READ!!! (Poll closed)
POLL RESULTS!!!
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Updates! NOT A CHAPTER!
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
UPDATE!!!
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Sad News..... :(
YOUNG JUSTICE SEASON 3 UPDATES!!!
Young Justice Season 3 Cast
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
NEW PROFILE!!!
Chapter 27
Taking A Break?
Book Cover Contest!
Book Cover Contest: Where and How to Post
Chapter 28
Poll!!!
Ideas Needed!!!
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter 8

442 21 6
By YJfanficfreak

Then it flat lined.......

"NO! NO!" Dick and Barbara held Wally away from Artemis's door.

"Wally! WALLY! CALM DOWN!" Barbara said.

"My wife is dying! I need to see her! I need to see her! She needs me! She....." Wally was cut off by the doctor.

"I'm sorry Mr. West. There wasn't anything we could do. You may see your wife now," the doctor said and then left. Wally fell to is knees.

'Not Artemis,' he thought, 'Not the girl who loves me. We've been through so much. Please, Artemis seems to think there's a God out there. So please, God, save Artemis. I can't live without her.'

Wally slowly opened the door. The sheet was pulled up over Artemis's face and Wally faced over to remove it. He slowly touched her face and laid his head on her stomach, crying when he felt the empty space.

Wally sat there for about four hours, praying that Artemis would come back. He didn't see her eyelids flutter. Or her chest rise and fall. He didn't see her fingers twitch in his hand, or the way her foot moved. However, he did feel her stomach rise and fall.

"A-Artemis?" Wally looked up at Artemis's face longing for her to open her eyes. Artemis barely opened them and he jumped up, shouting to Dick and Barbara to come in. Barbara rushed in and saw Artemis smiling a small smile.

"Artemis! You're okay!" Barbara ran over and pulled her bestfriend into a tight hug.

"Why am I so cold?" Artemis asked.

"Well, being dead for five hours really cools your body off," Dick said. Artemis punched Dick lightly on the arm. That's all she could do. "Good to have you back Artemis."

The doctor ran in and saw Artemis. He ran back out. Dick ran after him.

Artemis cried out in pain as blood started to seep through her bandage again.

"Artemis, breathe. Please, don't leave me again," Wally said taking her hand. Artemis tried to nod but the pain was too intense. Dick brought the doctor back and pushed him up against the wall.

"Go ahead. Tell them what you told me," Dick said.

"Dick, what's going on?" Barbara asked.

"I-I poisoned Mrs. West," the doctor said and got ready to face the consequences. He would never tell them why.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 123 22
What will Wally West do when he meets a mysterious blonde that has caught his eye. Read and see if a romance blossoms or will it all go down in flame...
168K 5.2K 63
Percy's parents die (Sorry) and he is left alone to take care of Estelle. Until he turns 18, in three months, he cannot become Estelle's guardian. So...
1.2K 68 10
What do you do when you're a homeless kid on the streets of Gotham? Becoming a criminal is SO straight-forward, so how about something new? Dick Gray...
105K 3K 12
Failsafe, a seemingly harmless training exercise. That is, till Miss Martin's subconscious accidentally took control of it. Turning it into a traumat...