Cuddles

By xFakingaSmilex

Heartbroken and lonely, Lola is forced to spend her nights cuddling her cold, squished pillow. With the help... More

Cuddles
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
โ‹† Other Stories You Might Enjoy โ‹†
Multimedia Page

Chapter Twenty-Five

67.3K 2.3K 1K
By xFakingaSmilex

Chapter Twenty-Five

With a gracious flick of her wrist, Minty's turquoise hair flies over her slender tanned shoulder. She struts down the street with a bounce in her step. When she gets to the end, she turns her head and smiles. Her pearly white teeth gleam in the rays of the afternoon sun.

"Are you coming?" she calls.

"Sure." I race over and loop my arm through hers.

We walk around the corner and to the venue. It's been a couple of days since we've had the chance to stretch our legs.

The last couple of nights have been exhausting. Quick stops, late nights, and well, a plague of sadness I haven't been able to shake.

Being positive is great until you can't be. I almost hate everything around me. It's easy to hate Minty for how perfect and carefree she is, but at the same time, I love how carefree and bubbly she is. She's mint fresh air.

"We're going to have a great night, okay?" Minty squeezes my arm.

"Don't we always?" I laugh.

"You know." Her bubbly attitude falls serious. "I hear you crying."

Well, shit, that's embarrassing. I thought I was really quiet when I cried myself to sleep. I guess I wasn't that secretive about my feelings.

I'm doing my best, but I feel completely wrecked inside. Why couldn't Kol ask me to cuddle him constantly, all the time, and for the rest of his life? That would be an acceptable demand to make. One I'd also be happy to carry out.

"I -" I huff.

"Don't worry about it because I have the perfect thing for you."

"What is that?"

"Like I've always said, the best way to get over a man, is to get under another." She cheekily winks.

"I just, hm." I pout. "I don't think that's me."

Minty shrugs her shoulders and grins. "Then we're going to get so smashed we have to be carried to the bus."

A shiver runs down my spine. I'd only do that with Annalise or I'd do that at my house. I don't want some random taking advantage of me. Instead of offending Minty's attempts at cheering me up, I smile and nod my head.

"Sounds super awesome."

"And don't think about running away either." Minty looks away and laughs. "Besides, you can't run after the set. There's going to be security and everything." Minty squeezes my arm with excitement as she jumps up and down.

"What does Svana think is going to happen?"

"I hope someone storms onto the stage - hopefully sexy."

"You're not worried about people trying to crush you?"

"Nope." She shakes her head. "You know you've made it when people risk being hauled away by security."

"Totally." I nod my head.

When Minty and I get closer to the venue, we spot a small crowd of people gathered by the door. One of the girls starts screaming and races to Minty.

"Oh my gosh, it's really you." The young girl shakes as she jumps up and down.

"Hey, I'm Minty, and this is my friend Lola."

The girl's screams get louder when Minty hugs her. It's an exciting moment for Minty to experience and I hope one day, I get to do the same. I love the idea of having fans of my music, but to be friends with them as well, that would be amazing.

I couldn't do the celebrity / follower thing, that isn't me. I'd rather just be friends . . . casual, supportive, and different. I don't want people to think I'm better than them, that I need a fense of people to keep them away. I just want to be Lola, the girl that sings.

Right now, I'm Lola, the girl that's heartbroken. However, tonight is going to be the moment that all changes. I'm going to go out with Minty and we're going to have fun.

Minty signs a couple of autographs before we bypass security and walk through the doors. She leads me down a few corridors and towards the stage for sound check. Most of the instruments are already set up.

"Girls, how are you?" calls Svana.

Svana struts across the stage with her red curls bouncing beside her arms.

"Hey, we're good," answers Minty.

"That's wonderful."

With her tight black office dress and red pumps, it's weird to see her here. I'd thought she'd stay held up in her office maintaining other pressing issues, not following us on tour. We're not big names, well, Minty is getting there.

"What brings you here?" I frown.

"I wanted to see your first big show," answers Svana. "We've completely sold out. The extra radio play has paid off."

"We're so excited, aren't we Lola?" Minty turns to smile at me.

"Ecstatic, really."

Svana's phone buzzes which captures her attention. With a frown, she scowls at her phone in dismay.

"I must take this. I wish you both good luck with your performances." Svana stalks off the stage with the device pressed against her ear.

"Come on Lola, we've gotta make sound check."

* * *

Just like the other shows, my stomach knots with nerves. Doubt floods my mind and I consider running away. My ambitions sink my feet to the ground and I can never move, only towards to the stage.

Part of me is pushed forwards to prove Jason wrong, I can do this! Then the other part is for myself. I've worked hard to get here and I'm not leaving over something so tedious like nevers. Confidence is so fickle, just like anything else in life.

When the stage manager gives me the cue, I run onto the stage with the microphone in hand. The music starts up and I begin dancing. At this point in time, music should just be enjoyed. I have plenty of time before considering the fluff and puff of dancers and props. For now, I'm going to enjoy the pulsing beat of music moving through me.

"You better start dancing because I know that's why you came here," I shout.

I bounce from side to side as I listen to the crowd roaring with excitement. The lights flicker around the stage, but that doesn't bother me. I watch the crowd bop up and down to the base thumping from the speakers.

"I know you've been hurt before, but don't let that keep you down. You better get up, up, up," I sing. "You better show them what you're made of, made of. You better dance."

Swishing my ships from side to side, I dance around the stage. My arms fail through the air and I flick my hair side to side.

"I want to see you all moving. One. Two. Three. Dance!"

"I know you've hurt, but don't let that keep you down."

In the midst of dancing, I notice the overflow of people come over the metal barrier. The security team step in, but that's not enough. The stage manager soars across the stage and grabs my arm to pull me to safety.

Instead of leaving, I hold my ground and keep singing the rest of the verse. Once it's over, I let him tug me away. With a smile, I watch through the haze of light. The security scramble onto the stage to go after the escapees.

"Lola," someone shouts.

Their husky voice catches me off guard. I peer through the bright light, only to see a blurred face that resembles Kol. Not this Lola, you can't keep doing this to yourself. Kol isn't coming back, he's gone.

"I can't." I shake my head.

As I walk off the stage, arms wrap around my body and tug me back. I spin around, only to find the charming and relieved smile on Kol.

Kol's hands clasp my cheek as he draws me closer to his body. His soft lips press against mine and the crowd goes nuts. With every fibre in my body, I cling to Kol, afraid he'll melt into a puddle.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. Kol wraps his arms around my waist and holds me close. I feel so safe and comfortable here.

"I had to find you, Lola," says Kol. "I hate that I let you slip through my fingers."

Uncertainty filters through me, what about his family? Kol's sister comes to mind and her multiple warnings. I don't want to step on toes, but Kol. I can't listen to her when I have this wonderful man right in front of me. Though, the thoughts looms over my head.

"What about your family? Aren't you afraid I'll hurt you?" I question.

"I don't care." He shakes his head. "I need you."

"But?" I frown. I wait for the 'but' the part that's going to crush me. I never seem to catch a break when it comes to love.

"Please say you'll let us start again." His eyes light up with hope.

"Okay," I agree.

Kol pokes my shoulder and tells me to walk off. Frowning, I turn around and wander off the stage. As I round the corner, he tugs on my hand and I swing around. I see him smiling at me, the same grin from when we first met.

"Hi, I'm Kol Kearney, it's nice to meet you."

"Hey, I'm Lola." I smile.

"Are you busy later tonight? I know this great place that plays Taylor Swift hits all night."

"Hm, yeah, that sounds good."

Kol wraps his arm around my shoulder and leans in. As he presses his lips against mine, it feels like I'd known Kol Kearney my whole life and that he could fix almost anything.

THE END

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 42 34
Lola has always dreamed of getting into vet school, but when she finds out that her whole family is moving to Orlando she isn't 100% convinced that i...
332K 5.4K 51
หšสš ๐—” ๐—•๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜€ ๐—•๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜-๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฐ ๐—ฅ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ษžหš หšเญจเญงโ‹†๏ฝกหš โ‹† ๐—Ÿ๐—จ๐—ก๐—” ๐— ๐—ข๐—ก๐—ฅ๐—ข๐—˜ a sma...
3K 1K 34
"Okay, goodnight friend." I said it just to tick him off. He gave me a look of fake hurt, raising his eyebrows at my comment. "Goodnight to you too...
372K 17.6K 43
Lola Greer is an absolutely gorgeous she-wolf. The sort of woman you glance twice at. Traffic-stopping sexy. She always has been beautiful, even as a...