smile. || joshler ||

By finndunphin

"You don't talk much, do you?" • • • • • • •... More

Ch. 1
Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch 8
Ch. 9
Ch. 10
Ch. 11
Ch. 12
Ch. 13
Ch. 14
Ch. 15
Ch. 16
Ch. 17
Ch. 18
Ch. 19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Epilogue
song (not a chapter)

Ch. 25

4.5K 254 577
By finndunphin

"You fucking slutty little bitch!" Josh shouted at Mariah, wiping his mouth repeatedly, looking back at the door Tyler ran out of.

Mariah, not the slightest bit hurt by his words, shrugged with a grin, "Sorry babe, but I had to do it. I couldn't have you going around being gay, it's wrong and disgusting!"

Josh was practically flaming with anger, hands clenched at his side not wanting to punch a girl. Though, he was very tempted. He walked closer to her, practically touching noses and said in a quiet, angered voice through clenched teeth, "Listen here you bitch, only Tyler can call me babe, got it? and being gay is not wrong, nor disgusting. You of all people can't even call it wrong, because kissing a guy who's gay AND taken is wrong, now back the hell off before I do something I'll regret."

The girl was pressed against the wall now, since Josh was getting closer, she nodded quickly, gulping and shrugged, "F-Fine, I'll leave."

-

Heartbreak is something new to Tyler. He's been hurt by his father, mother and old friends, but this is different.

Tyler knew he loved Josh, and now he can never tell him, because the thought of Josh made his stomach drop and heart fill with pain.

He walked through his front door, hearing his dad in the kitchen, ask loudly, "Who's there?"

The young boy could tell his dad was drunk by the way his voice slurred and he was sure he was getting hit today. It's been a week since the last time his dad smacked him, that was normal considering it's only when his dad is drunk, which he hasn't been until today.

Tyler sighed, today wasn't his lucky day. "It's me."

His dad walked out of the kitchen and had a distinct beer smell. He glared at Tyler, asking, "Why are your eyes red boy? have you been crying?"

"M-Maybe," Tyler mumbled, looking down at his feet.

A finger tilted his chin up harshly, his dad scowling, "Crying is for wimps, my son is no wimp. Wipe those baby tears and toughen up."

Tyler pushed his dad's hand away, earning a hard slap in the face and he whimpered, touching his throbbing cheek. The drunk man shook his head in shame and walked to the kitchen, grumbling, "Worthless piece of shit."

When he was over the pain, Tyler walked upstairs and went to his room, shutting the door and locking it. He let out a loud sob and leaned his head on the wall, but winced when his cheek hit the cold wood.

So many emotions ran through his body. Hate, betrayal, insecurity, hurt, and most if all the unloving feeling that always occurs. However, anger stood out the most and he had the urge to just scream.

He couldn't though.

Tyler just slid down the door and curled up in a ball, much like he did when he was hit at a young age and was scared. He tugged his hair, crying loudly and was glad his dad was playing music downstairs.

He was just fed up with everything. Josh was the only person he actually trusted. Tyler was sure Josh didn't want to kiss Mariah, but there was part of him thag thought, maybe Josh was confused and didn't like boys. Perhaps he would fall for Mariah and get tired of taking care of Tyler.

From checking his arms and weight, to having him spend the night, and losing friends, Tyler was just ruining Josh's life. He wasn't good for Josh, even though Josh was perfect for Tyler.

Josh made Tyler happy, he was like the sun in the storm and the light in his dark. He brought out the best in him and actually attempted to help him. The things Josh did made Tyler have hope.

Tyler stood up and grab his bag, throwing it on his bed, walking to his dresser and knocking everything off, causing a loud crashing noise as he let out a painful sob. He was so wrecked, so broken and hurt. Nothing was going right, life was just miserable for him.

He took his deodorant and threw it at his mirror, watching as his reflection broke, glass shattering around and everything fall apart. Josh made his life better, he fixed Tyler, but now the boy was worse than ever.

The urge was growing, Tyler went to his drawer and grabbed the razor. He glanced at the pieces of glass around his dressed and then at his razor. He wiped his eyes and pressed the razor to his wrist.

Relief.

Forgotten.

Numb.

It was better for Tyler to be numb now. He had to go back. Go back to before, where nothing effected him and he wasn't hurt by others.

So, he did.

-

Monday was the first day back. Over the weekend, Tyler ignored all of Josh's calls and tried not to look at his texts.

When he walked through the doors of the school, a blank look was on his face and he went straight to his locker. People would glance at him and he heard the whispers, but didn't bother trying to listen to their conversations.

Old Tyler was back.

"T-Ty...."

Tyler didn't look up when hearing Josh's voice. He simply put his book bag away and didn't carry anything, like usual.

""Please listen to me, I'm so sorry baby-" Tyler winced at the name, and Josh noticed. He frowned, and gently grabbed Tyler's hand. "You don't understand how much you mean to me-"

The bell rang and Tyler quickly ripped his hand from Josh's grip, walking away and glanced back, seeing the way Josh's face fell at the action.

When he went to lunch, Tyler skipped and his in his bedroom. Food was once again an enemy, he didn't need to eat for Josh anymore.

After last class, Tyler rushed out of class, but one of the guys from before suddenly stopped him, shouting, "Hey faggot, I heard your boyfriend dumped you!"

Tyler froze, along with some people in the hall. Tyler turned to him, and the smirking boy asked, "Did he realize how pathetic you are and that he didn't like emo freaks? Maybe he was never gay and just used you! I heard it was a dare."

Emotion showed and Tyler hated it. He hated how the words effected him. A tear threatened to fall and he tried walking away, but the boy grabbed his arm and he hissed in pain, the cuts opening slightly and the boy lifted his sleeve, laughing and told the people around, "Hey, guess what? I was right, the freak slices his wrist!"

And his worst nightmare occurred. It was like the world was in slow motion. How Tyler turned and saw everyone laughing, though some were sympathetic and just walked away. People whispered and pointed at him.

Tears were falling as he pushed through the crowd, he didn't care, he just shoved everyone out of the way and suddenly heard a soft voice ask, "Tyler, are you okay? Is it true?"

Jade attempted approaching him, eyes wide and full of pity. He couldn't answer, all that came out was a quiet sob, one that made the girls heart drop. When she went to hug him, Tyler shoved her and left.

His heart was racing, pounding in his chest and he ran and ran. Luckily, his dad wasn't home. He wen't inside and rushed to his room, lifting his sleeve and seeing the cuts bleeding slightly.

Everything was falling apart. People knew he cut, and usually he wouldn't care or at least act like he didn't. However, the thought of Josh only dating him because of a dare made him feel sick and used. Josh wasn't like that, and he knew it, yet Tyler was so insecure and hurt that almost anything was possible.

Life was hell, his boyfriend was cheating, dad abusing him, he was failing school, everyone knew he self harmed, and nothing was worth living anymore. It was a struggle to live like this, to go through so much pain even though there was no reason to go on.

He couldn't do it anymore.

Tyler was done.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.6K 3.6K 32
reader's discretion advised: this is twilight bad. "that's tyler. he doesn't talk much, well-at all, really." (i wrote this when i was like 12 so pls...
3.2K 83 52
Tyler couldn't keep his eyes off the red haired drummer. - Trigger warning//Daddy kink, smut, etc
1.7K 109 32
he's the boy of your dreams... literally. {i will put a warning before any triggering subjects are brought up} ------------------------ thesoftestwor...
472 44 17
"Would you ever forget me?" "No why would I? You're my best friend," *** If you really meant it, why wasn't you by my side when I needed it?