Lovers

By Roseee_L

Ethan Anderson was the biggest player on earth. Not only that, but he continue to conquer the business indust... More

Flashback!
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 1

147K 3.6K 287
By Roseee_L

Skylar

It has been slightly more than three years since I left New York and Ethan behind.

Nothing much has happened since the incident. However, I sometimes dream about him.

My life has not been easy, but I continue to work my hardest for my son.

I started modeling; most of my projects are for companies just starting their business.

I am also an event planner and I love it! I try to stay away from weddings or anything related to people in the business world.

Apart from these two jobs, I love spending my time with my son. Occasionally, I spot Ethan on some front magazine page whenever his company has passed another milestone.

My heart still skips a beat whenever I see him on billboards while driving to work. I know I shouldn't feel anything for him after what happened but deep down I regret running away.

I always stop myself from making up scenarios in my head about the "what if" situations. Most of the time, I am able to drown myself in work.

I currently live in the same state as my siblings. The Miami weather changes just like my mood.

My younger brother just turned twenty-three years old. We celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago. We invited our parents; however, they were busy with work.

I was also a little anxious. I didn't want to meet Ethan by any chance. I heard my parents talking about it during our FaceTime.

My father had a weird expression that time but he brushed it off. He had told me something regarding meeting him again. But before I could ask him any further questions he had things to do.

The events following after I left were a rollercoaster. I found out I was two months pregnant during my depression phase. I had suddenly fainted during a conversation with Elliot.

The moment I gave birth to him, his name just came to mind. It was made for him: Alexander Nathan Anderson.

I wanted him to have his dad's last name. If things ever went wrong or I suddenly died, I wanted him to have someone.

The only characteristic he got from me were my eyes. Apart from that, he is a replica of his dad when he was a baby.

My parents have supported me throughout my pregnancy.

There were a few ups and downs in our relationship but we made it through.

"Mommy!" Alex yells in excitement getting my attention. His chubby hands move frantically as he points outside the window.

"Bababa!" I glance outside and watch as the plane begins to descend.

I was still not ready to come back to New York, but my dad insisted I return.

Ethan doesn't know I have a child.

I wanted to tell him but I didn't have the courage to do it. It felt selfish of me to keep Xander all to myself.

Everything felt surreal and scary. However, I finally made the decision to face anything that comes my way. Father had sent me a film about this new project to me and I was interested in it. He didn't send anything else afterwards, which made me curious.

After much overthinking, I decided to move back here.

His orders were to land in New York at 2:00 in the afternoon.

Right after landing, I had to meet the client at a ball. Everything was moving fast. However, I didn't want to miss this opportunity.

I get interrupted from my thoughts when I hear my baby's voice. Alexander is growing so fast that at times I mistake him for a four year old.

"Mommy!" I hear Xander call me.

"What were you saying?" I ask. His eyes widen as the airplane lands.

"We are in New York." I smile and watch him push his face against the window.

"Come on, let's go get our bags." I unbuckle his seatbelt and wait for the crowd to move out of the way. I make sure not to leave anything behind and secure my hands around Xander.

"Ready to see our new home?" Xander nods his head frantically.

"Hoo." I reach for my carry-on and make my way towards the exit.

After struggling with Xander and my luggage, I come face to face with George. I smile as I wave at him.

George hasn't left my side and hasn't mentioned anything to Ethan, which I'm really grateful for.

"Come this way Ms. Smith." He smiles.

I give him a big smile and follow him.

~~

After settling down in our temporary house, I start looking around.

It consist of two floors. It is light blue and has two rooms with each one having their own bathroom and a balcony to the main room.

When you enter the house, to your left is the living room and to your right there is a small shoe racket. Then walking further down the hall, you could spot the kitchen and the backyard.

It was small but cozy.

"Xander are you hungry?" I ask placing Xander in a chair.

"Layy?" His baby blue eyes wait for my answer.

Layla is thirty-seven years old, and has been like a second mother to me. She is currently Xander's nanny.

She should be arriving at any minute. She will be staying with us for at least two weeks before she has to head back to her family. It was difficult to convince her to move in with us. In the end, she agreed.

"She'll arrive here in two hours. Be patient." I hold up two fingers in front of him.

I turn around and open a cabinet taking out some cookies.

My dad's assistant mentioned something about having snacks in the drawers and other necessities around the house.

I spin around to face Xander and place the cookies on the table. I open the lid and grab one for myself.

"Dadda?" My eyes widen slightly. We have been hearing and seeing a bunch of New York signs all over the place.

"Very soon baby. But not now okay." He smiles and gives me a hug.

I honestly don't know what I will do if Ethan finds out he has a kid.

~~~~~~~

Layla arrived at the right time.

It was around five pm, which gave me an hour to get ready. I have to leave at six to make it on time.

Thankfully, I didn't have to worry about Xander as I took a shower and did my hair.

I decided on wearing a light champagne dress that hugged my hips and had a slit on the side.

I was scared for my boobs but I manage to tighten the dress at the top.

I felt gorgeous and sexy all at once. I was proud of myself. After giving birth to Xander, I went through a second depression phase. But of course, Elliot dragged me to the gym to get rid of my bad energy.

I decided to go for a smoky eye look. My light blue eyes were slightly glowing. For my hair, I decided to straighten it. And for my jewelry, I went for something shiny but simple.

I glance at the clock and almost trip over my heels.

"I'm going to be late." I mumble. I slip both my feet inside my heels and steady myself before I speed walk to where Layla and Xander are watching TV.

I shove my phone inside my tiny purse and kiss Xander on the head.

"I will be arriving around midnight. If there is an emergency do not hesitate to call me. Okay?" Layla nods but her eyes are traveling down my body.

"Good God Sky! You are gorgeous." Both Layla and Xander clap for me as I twirl around.

"Thank you!" I smile.

"Don't let him sleep that late today. You can order a pizza, but only today because we still need to go buy food," Layla nods and waves her hand at me.

"Go! You are going to be late sweetie."

"Thank you!" I grab my long-black-jacket and send a thank you to George, who left his car in my driveway.

"Time to party." I laugh at my words and drive off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6M 462K 43
Isabella Smith, a twenty two year old woman struggling to make it through the evils of the world and surviving through thick and thin to give her sis...
1M 27.4K 35
Amy Green knew she was too good for Ethan Harris. She knew falling in love with a hot millionaire like him was stupid. She knew Ethan falling for her...
9.7K 465 53
Mature Content 18+ What if you discovered you were attracted to your husband's best friend? What would you do? Adrianna thought she was being lov...