Sword of The Lanterns

By Lizardgurl

Jaina is an human alien. No one, not even the Guardians of the Universe, know where she is from. And she can'... More

Prologue
Chapter One- Chosen
Chapter Two- Oa
Chapter Three- Training
Chapter Four- Killawog
Chapter Five- Sword
Chapter Six- Meeting the Team
Chapter Seven- Touring the Clubhouse
Chapter Eight- Violet Blade
Chapter Nine- What's a "Mall"?
Chapter Ten- Crazy
Chapter Eleven- Training
Chapter Twelve- The Force
Chapter Thirteen- First Mission
Chapter Fourteen- Tamba
Chapter Fifteen- Silver
Chapter Sixteen- Family and Friends
Chapter Seventeen- School
Chapter Eighteen- Handstands
Chapter Nineteen- Cocky
Chapter Twenty- A Disturbance In The Force
Chapter Twenty-One- Brothers
Chapter Twenty-Two- Shadows
Chapter Twenty-Three- Innovation
Chapter Twenty-Four- B-88
Chapter Twenty-Five- Date Night
Chapter Twenty-Six- Life Day
Chapter Twenty-Seven- Star Sapphire
Chapter Twenty-Nine- Sinestro
Chapter Thirty- Finding
Chapter Thirty-One- Holidays
Chapter Thirty-Two- Snow
Chapter Thirty-Three- Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might...
Chapter Thirty-Four- ...Beware My Power...
Chapter Thirty-Five- ...Green Lantern's Light!
Chapter Thirty-Six- What Comes Next?
Chapter Thirty-Seven- Found.
Chapter Thirty-Eight- Decisions
Chapter Thirty-Nine- Goodbye...For Now
Dedication + Fanart

Chapter Twenty-Eight- Mines

2.3K 113 38
By Lizardgurl

YO MY PADAWANS GUESS WHAT WE MADE IT TO THE DC WATTYS!!!!!! AND WE GOT 7K THANK YOU!! THERE'S A PARTY ON ENDOR RESERVED JUST FOR YOU GUYS. 

VOTING STARTS ON NOVEMBER FIRST SO DON'T FORGET TO CLICK OR TAP THAT LITTLE STAR IN THE CORNER THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH YOU'RE AMAZING.

I WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED ON EVERYTHING.

Yes, I'm calling you lot my padawans now and there's nothing you can do about it. You may refer to me as the Grand Jedi Master Lizard Skywalker.

Carol looked out the window of her office above the Ferris Aircraft hangar. Jaina was practically dragging  Hal out of the car, and she some how managed to convince him to let B-88 come with them.

The droid ran around with no self control. Employees squeaked as if Bee were a mouse and leaped out of the way, and others made a little tunnel for him with their legs. Everyone watched as Jaina sprinted after Bee, who stopped at Carol's feet and made a rumbling noise like a cat's purr.

"Glad you could make it," Carol hugged Jaina and bent over to give Bee a pat on the dome. 

"Can we go see the planes now?" Jaina begged, wearing a huge grin. 

Carol chuckled, and Hal finally caught up with them.

"You're my apprentice, you're not supposed to out-do me," He scolded Jaina playfully.

"Well then maybe I should be your trainer instead," Jaina gave Hal a lop-sided smirk.

Carol laughed. "She has a point, Jordan," she kissed his cheek. "Come on, Jay, I'll give you the official tour of the hangar." 

Hal shook his head in disbelief and looked down at Bee. "Did Jaina program you to find the nearest unclaimed box of donuts?" He asked. Bee beeped negatively, rolling after Jaina and Carol.

"Figures."

The brand-new planes were being wheeled into place inside the hangar, and Jaina was astounded. Girders criss-crossed between their heads and the ceiling high above. There were no lamps on, but the sun shining in from the opened bay doors lit up the hangar just as well.

"This is amazing!" Jaina ran ahead, stopping by a mechanic who was routinely checking up on one of the new planes.

"Jaina, did Hal tell you that he is one of our test pilots?"

"What's that?" Jaina asked, already entranced by something else.

"I fly the planes to test them and make sure that they're ready to sell to people like the military and airlines." Hal explained.

"Really? Can I test one?"

"Well, you don't have a pilots license," Carol started, "And after you destroyed those last three..."

"And before you start with the whole "I've flown a spaceship!" thing, you kind of crashed-landed it on the moon." Hal reminded her.

Jaina pouted, her grin long gone.

"But," Carol continued. "Hal does have a pilot's license. He can take you for a spin in one of our older jets."

"Yes!" Jaina cheered, jumping up and down.

Carol turned on the walkie-talkie velcroed to her waist. "This is Ferris in the hangar. Get one of the YT-13 models prepped  for testing on the runway. Jordon's flying."

"What about the new X models?" A voice on the other end asked. 

"They're not scheduled to test until eleven. Tell Porkins and Dak to be suited up by twenty til. And find one of the smaller extra flight suits."

Carol shoved Hal towards the locker room, and showed Jaina to the ladies' to help her suit up, but Jaina didn't need anyone to show her how to put on the flight suit.

Hal met her on the runway, his helmet tucked under his arm.

"You ready for this?"

"Born ready!" 

Hal helped her into the seat behind him in the much safer and well tested YT-13 jet model, and turned on the radio. 

"Jaina," Anakin whispered. But Jaina was so excited she wasn't paying attention to the force, or the bad feeling in her gut.

"You good to go, Jordan?" Carol asked from the air traffic control tower.

"All strapped in."

"Jaina!" Anakin would have screamed, but Jaina wouldn't listen to him. If she had been paying attention, she would have heard several other voices teasing him good-naturedly about karma.

"Got your ring? Just in case?" Hal covered the mic with his hand and whispered to Jaina. She just nodded, bouncing up and down in her seat.

Hal smiled, steering the jet towards the runway. "Tower, this is Castle. We are a go."

"Runway is clear, you may proceed." Carol told them. "Have fun, Jaina."

The jets screamed like thunder, aimed towards the mountains at the end of the runway. Jaina leaned forward to see as much as she could, and her stomach lurched as the wheels lifted up off the ground.

"WHOO-HOO!" She cried. The nose of the plane angled up towards the sky, and turned around, soaring above Coast City. Sure, Jaina could fly with her ring, but there was something about riding in cockpit of a ship that filled her with joy. The vibrations beneath her, the scent of oil and metal, the sight of scenery blurring past.

"Enjoying the view?" Hal asked via radio.

""Loving it!" Jaina cried. There wasn't enough room to throw her arms up in the air in the cockpit, but if there was, she would have.

"How are things up there, Castle?"

"Looking great, tower!" Hal told Carol. 

"Pressure and temp are stable, all instruments look okay," Jaina cut in, much to Hal's jealousy.

Suddenly a red light on the dash began to flash.

"Castle, what is that?" Carol demanded.

"Sensors are picking up something closing in fast-" Before Hal could discern what what "closing in", an explosion tossed the jet off course. Hal was jerked to the side, ramming his head on the glass of the window.

"Hal!" Jaina cried. 

Her mentor moaned, and a hairline crack appeared on the window. Another explosion rocked the jet, and there were more coming. Jaina braced her arms against the wall, and shoved in front of Hal, taking over the pilot's controls.

She jerked the yoke to the side, avoiding another explosion.

"Jaina, what happened to Hal?" Carol asked. Jaina didn't respond. She shoved the controls forward, pushing the jet as fast as it would go.

She barely heard the noise as she reached sonic speeds, and when the explosions stopped coming every two seconds, she deemed it safe to go back and land. 

As she touched down, she saw Carol running out onto the runway, scrambling med and repair crews. Jaina hit the brakes hard enough that she stopped just shy of the hangar.

"Next time, listen to me!" She could feel Anakin's glare as she flickered in and out of lightheadedness.

"Shut up," She gritted her teeth, and used the force to open the cockpit, carrying Hal in her arms.

"I'm okay, I'm okay, Jaina, I promise, I'm okay," Hal mumbled deliriously.

"We shouldn't have done that," Carol rubbed her temples as the medics took care of Hal. Bee tittered nervously, rolling around Jaina to make sure she was okay.

"It wasn't Hal's fault," Jaina insisted. "I have a feeling..." She barely looked around to make sure no one was watching her before she shot into the sky and back again, holding something round and metal.

"Jaina-! What's that?" Carol cut herself off.

"Don't worry, it's a dud," Jaina assured her, panting heavily. "it's a space mine." 

Something caught her eyes. It could be trick of the sunlight on the mountains in the distance, but Jaina knew what it was.

"And I think I know who put them there."

Comment the easter eggs you found in this chapter!!

More Jaina/Selena edits for y'all!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

69.7K 3.5K 22
For months now, the young justice league noticed their mentors coming back from a mission either injured or distressed and never knew who was the vil...
35.3K 1K 14
Everyone has cracks, some are just better at hiding them then others. M'gann is lonely but the kindest. Aqualad had a very troubling past, but his...
639 46 12
The Young Justice team is sent to Bialya. After regaining all but a few of their memories, the team sets off to finish their mission-and report their...
1.4K 123 17
{THIRD PLACE WINNER IN DC COMIC WATTY AWARDS 2017 IN VILLAIN CATEGORY} [Earth 4] An eight year old boy realizes that he has an amazing superpower, se...