Beautiful Colors

4evrGay által

People who are born with extra abilities such as mind control, flying, super speed, super strength, among oth... Több

Beautiful Colors
Sweet 16
The Sivillian Brothers
A Boy of Many Colors
A Few New Friends
Nyx
Elementals
Surprise Weakness
Instinct
Two Alphas
Side Affects
Just a Little Moody
He Wants the D
Three
The Ceremony
Snakes and stuff
Rogue
Power Issues
Alliances
The Change
Bonded
For The World
Hospital For The Magically Gifted
Healing
It Begins
That's My Dad
Vacation: Part One
Vacation: Part Two
Vacation: Final Part
In a Bind
In the Open
The Pack Connection
Alphas Together - End

Hidden Blood

22.8K 1.1K 147
4evrGay által

(Todd)

 Nyx walked along side me, almost glued to my leg as the main field came into view. I didn't pay much attention to the class and didn't know who the hell I was suppose to race but that didn't really matter to me. I was just stretching my wings and getting this over with, Benson and David said something about a ceremony for the pack.

 I still have yet to meet anyone but their parents, so I'm assuming this ceremony is a way for me to greet the pack as a whole. Though I still don't know my exact position in the pack, I did know that I was part of it.

 Papa, strangers watching.

I glanced down at Nyx as her small, child-like voice floated through my head. Looking forward I noticed what she was talking about, a very large crowed of people stood, slightly scattered, around the field. At one end was Coach Richard, with his arms crossed and looking bored.

 My eye twitched at the sight of him, I had an over whelming urge to rip the water from his body and burn his carcass. Thoughts of what he had done flashed through my mind, Nyx pressed closer and I turned and headed for the opposite side of the field.

 As I stepped on the grass people noticed me and one of the kids marched over looking confident and cocky.

 His hair was blond and curly, his eyes brown, and a large pair of black wings stretched out behind him. He stopped in front of me, I gently pet Nyx's head as he sneered at me. Funny how much he seems to hate me and I had no idea who he was, clearly someone from my class but still I didn't know him.

 His sneer fell when David and Benson walked up next to me, I glanced at David as he eyed the people on the field. Benson kissed my temple making me smile "Don't kill anyone if you can help it." I snickered and looked at him "I'll make no such promise." He puckered his lips and rose an eyebrow "You are a dangerous little devil, you know that?"

 My smile widened "I know it now." He chuckled along with his brother and dropped down to sit in the grass.

 I turned back to the blonde boy, he was watching David with a dreamy expression. My mouth turned into a frown, he bit his lip and waved at David, who simply nodded in return. The boy's face turned red and he smiled.

 My frown deepened and my irritation with him became very noticeable, I felt the girls gathering behind me "Todd?" I turned my head to the sound of Janet's voice but my glare was fixed on my blushing enemy. The heavy scent of danger reached my nose, that was Zetzu and my brother.

 I glanced back as they reached us Zetzu's body swaying in strong side to side motions, even though it was obvious he was moving very slow his face was relaxed and fixed with a gentle smile.

 I turned back to the kid who finally looked away from David, I pushed my wings out "Alright, tell me the stupid rules so we can leave." As soon as I said the words Coach Richard trotted up to us, I involuntarily stepped back and in front of Nyx blocking his view of her.

 He frowned at my actions and didn't moved forward, "Do to the fact you two are my strongest fliers the course will be mainly in the clouds." Lorance smirked at me, smiled at David, and turned around to stand at the place we were going to start. I let out a heavy breath Alexandria waved a hand in front of my face, cutting my glare off from Lorance.

 "You seem angry. Was it the way he was looking at David?" I tsked, and returned my glare to him "That obvious huh?" She gave me a half smile and nodded her head toward David before turning to him and pointing at me.

 "Go wish him luck! Come on!" Davis chuckled at her enthusiasm before he stood and trotted up to me as I got into my place next to Lorance.

 I stood up straighter as he opened his arms for me and pulled me into a hug, I hugged him back and he kissed my neck "You'll win for us yeah? Benson and I want to reward you in the best way possible, before the ceremony." I giggled as he leaned back to look at me, Benson leaned over David's shoulder and pecked my lip.

 "Good luck." David pecked my lips as well making me smile as he went back to sitting on the ground next to his brother.

 "What the hell was that?" I frowned and turned to Lorance, he had his arms crossed and was glaring at me. I shrugged "They were wishing me luck." He sneered at me "Don't get too comfortable with them, they are powerful alphas that will be taking over their pack with their mates in a few days." I blinked trying to hide my surprise that he hadn't figured it out yet.

 I coughed to hide my chuckle and ruffled my wings, I got set with my wings extended, tensed and ready to spring. At the comand both Lorance and I were off the ground, my wings fully extended and brushed his. His eyes widened when he realized my wing size was larger than his, he glared and pushed himself harder pulling ahead of me.

 There was a line of red flags with other people holding them to tell us the path we had to fly in, and as we aproached Lorance ripped his shirt off and let it go so it hit me in the face. I slowed down and pulled it off my face, I glared and pushed down with more strength than before to catch up lost space. Only when I did the wind suddenly became a living thing to me, the paths of the gusts were visible to me, the different pockets of warm and cold air appeared differently.

 My body instantly knew where to fly and where to avoid, how to catch the most uplift, and how to dive faster. I just seemed to suddenly know.

 Before I realized it I was twisting and diving down on Lorance, his wings folded back so he gained speed on the slope down. My wings shifted ever so slightly and I started a cork screw dive, driving myself faster.

 A smile spread on my face, the heat pulsing in my wings traveled down my back the air having no effect on me. I shot past the slower boy with such force he was forced into a spin, as I broke through the clouds flying along side the people holding the flags I flapped causing myself to go faster. I vaguely heard a deep booming sound above the roar of wind in my ears.

 The ground approached at a rapid speed, my wings snapped out and I angled out to fly parallel with the ground. Breathing heavy I pushed against the wind and came to an almost dead stop in front of the group of people, my feet touched the ground and I stumbled a bit.

 I was smiling around my fast breathing, a few moments later Lorance landed next to me. He gripped my shirt in both his fists and brought our noses together "What the hell were you trying to pull off, huh?!" I pushed my eyebrows together and forced my breathing to slow, my smile fading just a little "What do you mean? I didn't do anything." His palm connected with my cheek and he pushed me back.

 My eyes watered at the stinging burn radiating from the side of my face, I gingerly touched the painful spot and flinched. He glared at me "Don't you dare act like you don't know, only highly well trained Avery fliers can break the sound barrier and that requires years of practice. So tell me what the hell you just did! What trick did you pull?!"

 I blinked and rubbed my sore cheek looking at him, I shook my head baffled "What are you saying? I just dove, that's it." He slapped my other cheek causing my head to snap to the side, I gasped and felt blood leak from the corner of my mouth. Instantly my lip burned, I licked the closing cut as it healed itself. I touched the blood on my jaw surely only smearing it, and slowly turned back to the fuming Lorance, I sensed my friends and mates walking up behind me.

 My eye twitched at the throbbing in my face, "That was amazing Todd! Who knew you could fly so fast!" Alexandria bounced up to my side and went to hug me but stopped.

 "What happen? You're bleeding!" My eyes narrowed as my confused stare morphed into a pissed off glare "I told you I didn't do anything, hit me again and your hand will be put in a cast." Lorance's lip curled at me.

 Alexandria stepped back from me and I saw his hand raise, just before it connected with my face I gripped his wrist. His glare faltered as my grip tightened, my eyes flicked to his hand as he curled it into a fist and jerked it back. My cheek throbbed again and my grip tightened even more, he pulled and held my wrist with his other hand trying to pry himself free.

 "Let me go!" His voice wavered and a hand was placed on the side of my neck, the pleasant feeling of David's touch made me loosen my grip a little but he still couldn't get me to let go. "What happen?"

 I didn't answer, Alexandria answered for me "I walked up and he was bleeding from his mouth and his eyes changed to that really scary red, and Lorance tried to slap him and now he won't let go." Lorance's struggles lessened as he looked at David, tears came to his eyes and he whimpered "It hurts."

 He stared at David with a hopeful look, my jaw clenched and I twisted his arm behind him and bent his wrist a way it wasn't meant to bend. He yelled and bent over "Ow! Let go damnit!" I pressed harder and harder he screamed loudly when I felt the snap and heard a satisfying crack.

 I let him go and he fell to his knees and cradled his hand to his chest, I glared down at him and Benson's arms wrapped around me and he pulled me into his chest tightly "Holy shit Todd! Why did you just do that?!" I frowned and crossed my arms still glaring at him, "He pissed me off." David stepped up to me with a worried look, he pushed his hand through my hair and looked at my eyes. His lips briefly pulled up "He's jealous and hurt."

 His thumb ran over my cheek and I cringed pushing myself further into Benson as the pain in my cheeks registered in my head. David pushed his hand under my chin and turned my face back to his, he squinted as the burning in my cheeks started and I felt them healing.

 My eyes watered and I rubbed my cheeks, I really didn't like it when my body healed itself so painfully.

 "David, Benson bring Todd to my office. Richard take Lorance to the nurse and have her heal his arm." I turned at the sound of Mrs. Roxe's voice, she looked a bit upset and slightly worried. I frowned and turned to follow her glancing back at Lorance being picked up and carried toward the building after us.

 Once in Mrs. Roxe's office she turned to us as Nyx settled around my feet, "I have... news." I squinted at her pause. David chuckled "News? Good or bad?"

 Her eyes turned to Benson then to me, "I'm not sure." I tilted my head confused, the door behind us suddenly slammed open making my heart leap into my throat forcing a scream out and I wrapped myself around David so his face was pressed into my stomach.

 I looked at Lorance marching in rather angry, I slid off David's face so I was hugging his torso. He was smiling and kissed me, I smiled and kissed him back. It didn't take much for that to turn into me ripping his shirt off, I groaned and pulled back for a moment "Benson. Home. Now." David's hands groped my butt as he pulled me up higher.

 "Todd will you listen to me?! This is important!" Mrs. Roxe's voice sounded a bit lost behind the roar of blood in my ears.

 A hand gripped the ridge of my left wing and pulled causing pain to radiate from that spot I hissed and tightened my hold on David. The hand jerked my wing down at a horrible angle and pressed on my back.

 Hot tingling sparks shot over my back, I gasped and my wings dropped limply to hang from my back, my arms shook and felt like jelly but I still had strength in them.

 I twisted and looked down at Lorance, who was staring wide eyed at my limp wings "Holy shit.. I didn't... Are they broken?" I slid off David and landed on my butt on the ground, I whimpered and picked up my left wing. I flinched as pain throbbed from the spot it was grabbed all the way to where it connected to my back.

 Carefully I set it back down and poked at the immensely sore area, a noise left my throat. Lorance stumbled back "Oh god, I broke them... I really... Wait, you broke my wrist so this is pay back!" I ignored him and rubbed my sore wing "I think my muscle is pulled."

 Benson leaned down and picked me up and I stumbled a bit and frowned as my wings dragged on the ground. I pouted suddenly angry "Ugh, my feathers are going to get ruined!"

 My eyes snapped to Lorance and I hissed in the back of my throat "What's wrong with you?! Do I need to break your other hand too?!" I started to stalk toward him but David's arms wrapped around me and he lifted me off to ground. His lips pressed to my cheek "Todd, babe calm down."

 I huffed out threw my nose and David turned to Benson "When exactly did he become so violent?" Mrs. Roxe groaned "That's what I need to talk to you about, also your parents are here to speak with you about the ceremony." My anger vanished and my body rapidally begang to relax, I looked at Mrs. Roxe and tilted my head "I'm violent...?" My voice trailed off and my eyes flicked to the brace on Lorance's arm.

 My heart all but froze as realization hit me, I did that. I hurt him that much. Why? Why did I do it? What exactally got me so mad? Was it because I was still in heat? No that couldn't possibly be what made me so angry.

 My breathing hitched the more I thought about it, I started to cry and slid from David's hold. I hunched in on myself and sobbed "I'm a horrible person!"

 "What the hell is wrong with him?" Lorance's voice sounded a little more than scared, I rocked back and forth and cried into my hands. I was horrified, I wasn't a mean person was I? I would like to think of myself as a nice person but if I'm hurting people then I must be mean. I started to cry harder and arms wrapped around me and pulled me up.

 Benson's voice sounded in my ears "Shush, Todd you're a very good person. David and I love you and your beautiful heart." I sniffled and carefully clung to him, I knew I was being a baby, I knew I looked pathetic. I just didn't care.

 There was a snort from Lorance "Yeah right, the dude broke my hand for slapping him." Rage once again burned my body and my head snapped toward him "I fucking warned you, you little shit!" Wind blasted his hair back and he jerked further away from me.

 I paused and slapped a hand over my mouth, "Oh god I'm doing it again! David, hit me!" I turned to him and his eyes got wide "W-what?! No!" My fingers curled and I turned to Benson "Hit me!" His eyes already wide he quickly shook his head. I pushed my hands into my tangled hair and started to breath faster.

 "I'm horrible, I'm mean, I hurt people, why?! I didn't mean to... did I? I was jealous! You have no right to look at him the way you do! If it weren't for you I wouldn't be getting jealous!" My eyes turned to Lorance but a hand connected with my cheek, the sound echoed in the room, my head snapped to the side and the pain registered.

 "For the love of the mood godess will you listen to me?!" Mrs. Roxe's shout filled the stunned silence, I slowly turned back to face her tall form. She was breathing heavy and her hair had strans flying in every direction.

 Her face was pulled into a mask of urgency and frustration, but also held a great deal of worry and a pinch of fear. She was scared? Of what?

 "Todd, I'm sorry. You are a good boy, however I have gotten an update on your blood tests." I squinted confused "When in the world did you run blood tests on me?" She waved her hand at me and straightened her clothes.

 "That's not important, what is important is what I've found in your blood." She paused and that uneasiness came back into her eyes, "You may not like it." I frowned getting slightly irritated.

 I scratched at my arm and glanced back at my limp wings still hanging on the floor before flashing a brief glare at Lorance and turning back to my principle. She picked up a paper and fiddled with it for a second before handing it to me.

 I looked at the paper and found gibberish, words I didn't understand marked only a small area of the paper while a bar graph filled the rest of the space.

 My eyes flicked over the graph, the vertical axis containing percents and the bottom containing names. I easily picked up the word Avery and followed the bar up stopping at the 5% mark, my eyes flicked over the other names but the very last one caught my eye.

 I stared at the word my mouth opened and I lowered the paper a little "You're shitting me." I turned my gaze to Mrs. Roxe who pressed her lips together "I know it may not seem like a big deal but even if you're only 1% its worry some. Your personality will be affected by it and if fed it'll only get worse." I shook my head and tightened my hold on the paper, my eyes closed and my mouth formed a humorless smile.

 "Oh no, you've got to be joking. There's no such thing as-" She cut me off with a hard voice "I dare say there is a such thing Todd, and you have it in you. Granted their race is dwindled to almost nothing but they are there." I flinched when she said my name.

 I dropped the paper my breathing became uneven but remained slow, my mouth opened once, twice before I rubbed my face and shook my head "I'm evil. I'm a god damn fucking daemon!? Are you fucking kidding me?! Who the hell in my family has daemon blood?!! I-I... I... need some damn food." I turned sharply and headed for the food hall.

 Nyx trotting at my side, her head  rubbed my side.

 I still love Papa, even though Papa is part daemon.

I sniffled and rubbed her head "Thanks." I mumbled, not caring about my wings dragging on the floor as I walked. I was more upset about the fact I was a daemon, I've heard various things from other students at this school about daemons. They are clearly not liked among any race. Joy. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
30 3 35
Disclaimer: this book is lgbtq friendly, and has more than one love interest. there is no love triangle, but there is a poly romance vibe. it is teen...
89.6K 2.6K 36
This is a rewritten version of Golden Boy! It's completely new except for the names of the characters. Everyone has that one thing that they fear th...
516 48 25
This is a story about 17-18 year old's lives and how who they are sometimes isn't accepted and how it really affects them. Its also about surprise, a...