Side Affects

(Todd)

 "There is no way that's Nyx!" Benson stared up at the large creature behind me, I looked up at her now deadly looking face. She hummed at me again and crawled off the bed, she was about the size of a very large dog now.

 Her back ridges were sharper, longer, her body held a lot more muscle, and on her back were two large lumps that were pressed tightly down the length of her back.

 I swallowed thickly and held out my hand, her head lifted quickly and she nudged my hand to pet her "Oh my god Nyx, what happen?" Benson stood up from his crouch "DAVID! GET UP HERE NOW!" Her legs were longer now, she really was like a reptilian dog now. Her neck was long and curved in a graceful slope, just looking at her she looked like a miniature dragon.

 "Someone should call the Stable Keeper." Benson mumbled as David came into the room, slowly I sat on my knees and pet her as she hummed vibrating my legs.

 I could hear everyone freaking out behind me but as I pet Nyx with her hum filling my ears a sense of other worldly peace washed over me. I felt as though I could sit here forever with her, my fingers brushing over her smooth, warm scaled body. Her tail wrapped me, keeping me pressed close to her.

 I smiled softly but stopped when the pressence of someone new walked into the room, Nyx stopped humming and her crimson eyes opened all the way to stare at whoever it was. 

 "You guys were making a fuss over this? She's just shed, she's adapting." I turned to look at the blue haired man as he walked into the room. He nodded to me, "Good morning Todd. I see you've created a strong bond with the fire lizard." He was the guy I met when I got Nyx, what his name again?

 "Okay, you obviously know what's going on here would you like to explain?" I thought back and tried to remember, Kile! That's what his name was! "Of course I know what's going on. She's adapted. Fire Lizards only shed when they need to adapt to something." I continued to pet Nyx while I shook my head.

 "What would she need to adapt to? Nothing has changed since I... got.... wait a minute." I looked down at Nyx, she looked back at me. Could it have been her being taken from me? Not once but twice she was easily taken from me and I couldn't anything to stop it, so did she find a way to make it harder for someone to separate us?

 Her head nodded up and down, I frowned at the odd movement. One she's never made before, my wings ruffled when a sudden wave of dizziness hit me. I dropped my head into my hands as the room started to spin. 

 Papa

 A small female voice whispered in my ears, is was a voice of a child. I opened my eyes and looked around, is almost sounded like Fifi.

 Not papa's friends.

 I shook my head and closed my eyes still very dizzy, Nyx hummed and pushed her head under my jaw. David's hand gripped my shoulder "You okay? You look pale." I swallowed and patted his hand "Does anyone else hear a little girl?" The talking cut off and I felt eyes on me, David's hand tightened on my shoulder.

 "What are you talking about, there are no little girls in the house. All the other girls left already." I frowned, then who is it I'm hearing?

 Its me. Papa takes care of me.

 I blinked open my eyes and Nyx's face was blocking my sight, her red eyes giving me a reflection of me. I should get my hair cut, its getting long. David is right, I look sick. Maybe I should go to bed.

 Papa okay?

 Papa, why does she keep calling me papa? Something gently wrapped around my hands on my face and pulled them away, I opened my eyes and Nyx's tail pressed to my face and slid all over making me chuckle "What are you doing?"