Jealousy || hs.

By snapbackliamm

Jealousy /'dʒeləsi/ noun [U]: an unhappy feeling because someone has something that you would like or can do... More

Jealousy.
Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Final chapter.

Chapter 22.

29 3 0
By snapbackliamm

I stood still, my mind and body filled with panic. However, it just took me just a moment to start pacing back and forth, thinking about a way to get out of my house without Liam noticing.

"Are you ready?" he called from the kitchen, startling me.

"Yes... yea," I spoke, trying to sound calm, "just a second."

I removed a lock of hair from my face and I started to frantically look for a way to get out. I could just come up with the idea of climbing out the window. I turned to the door to make sure Liam was not coming upstairs and then ran towards the only chance I had. I unhooked the latches and lifted the glass as silently as possible. The cold air hit me and I regreted putting on a pair of shorts but there was no time to get changed again. I lifted one leg, then the other and I climbed up the roof, crawling up to the edge. I looked down to the floor and let my feet slide down the wall while I was clutching from the chute and when I was sure I was a few inches away from the floor, I let myself fall. Harry and I had escaped a million times through my window, so the height wasn't a problem.

As soon as I reached the floor I started to run down the road to the woods. The only thing I could think about was Summer. I couldn't let them hurt her. I didn't even think about the risk I was taking and once I got to the corner of the block, I went into the woods and rushed towards the hill as fast as I could. When I reached the small fence and looked at the lonely oak in the middle of the meadow, memories came back to my mind, making my stomach churn and that horrible lump in my throat return. But I couldn't cry, not now.

I looked around, waiting to find somebody, with the worst scene playing on my mind. There was no one in sight, and for a moment I thought it was all some kind of joke.

"Summer!" I said aloud. "Summer, where are you?"

I caught a glimpse of something blue near the railway, something that looked like my sister's jacket. I ran towards it, desperate, and the closer I got, the more it seemed to be Summer, lying on the brown metal.

"Oh my god" I said, already crouched beside her. I removed the jacket with a wave of relief over my body but, to my surprise, she wasn't under the garment.

"I tricked you" someone behind me announced with a terrifying voice.

I steeled myself to turn around and face him, and when I did it, my jaw dropped. I wanted to talk, run, scream, but before I could move, he had already begun to tie a piece of cloth around my mouth.

Liam.

"Are you ready?" I called from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes... yea. Just a second!" she answered.

I went back to the couch and let myself fall on it. I waited for another ten minutes and when seeing she wasn't coming downstairs I started to get kind of pissed. Why was she taking so long?

"Come on Sky!" I said again from the foot of the stairs, but there was no answer. "Sky, are you alright?" I asked while starting to go up, thinking that maybe she had delayed trying clothes on, but once again there was no answer. I knocked on the door and then entered but, to my surprise,  her room was empty. I looked for her in the wardrobe and under the bed. Then in the bathroom. Nothing. I dialed her number and waited for her to answer but a Coldplay song echoed in the room making me startle. Where was she?

A cold airstream caught my attention and I realized the window was opened. The first thing that crossed my mind was that she had went back to Niall's house, so I ran downstairs, got into my car and drove there. Why had she left without telling me anything? She could've told me and I would've understood without having to worry so much. I felt as she was my responsibility, I couldn't leave her alone and let anything happen to her.

Skye.

 He took hold of my arms and brought them together behind my back. I struggled, kicking and giving him some nudges, but he did not back away.

"Silly Sky" he chuckled and tied my wrists with a thin rope. 

He pushed me, making me fall on my back to the floor. It hurt more than usual as I couldn't use my arms to stop the fall. I started to shiver without knowing if because of the fear, the cold or both.

"Oh, Sky" he murmured and rubbed my face with his dirty fingers. "If you don't want to get hurt, don't try to run away." He grasped my shoulder and pulled me closer to him. "Do you want to hear the story? The story of how I killed your best friend..." he nastily whispered and then started to scream like a fool, "Do you want to hear how I broke both of his legs? How I stabbed him, kicked him, hit him and then watched him die?" His words caved inside of me sending a strong shiver all over my body. My hair fell to the sides of my face, hiding my tears, and so I understood I was alone. Alone with a murderer. I should've known better and told Liam.

I moved my lips until I could remove the cloth from my mouth.

"Jeffrey, please" I begged, looking at him from the floor. "Please don't do this."

"But didn't you love your friend? Wouldn't you like to be with him?" he chuckled. "Don't worry, I'll do all the work."

I tried to hold back the tears and the lump in my throat. I was wishing for him to hurry up and do it once and for all. He just stood there with his hands in his pockets, swaying back and forth. I glanced to the big oak, as serene as always, and pictured Harry and me sitting under it. I wondered if he was watching me at that moment.

Anyway, we would be together soon.

I stopped to analize that thought: it was so ironic. A few hours ago I would've done anything to be with him one more time. But in that moment, with Jeffrey in front of me, everything was so different. I was afraid, too afraid, and if being able to see Harry again implied to die, I wasn't sure about that idea at all.

"Finally!" Jeffrey complained, pulling me out of my thoughts. I followed his gaze to the woods and noticed a dark-haired boy walking towards us.

"Zayn!" I tried to scream but it came out as a whine, "Watch out!" I stared at him with hope but his eyes were holding a look that didn't show any emotion.

"So you got her? That was easy" he said, approaching to Jeffrey and shaking hands with him.

"Z...Zayn?" I stuttered, agape. "What are you doing?"

He just ignored me and kept talking to Jeffrey. I wasn't able to understand what was in front of my eyes. I trusted Zayn, so much, and he was betraying me. Me and Harry, one of his best friends.

"You owe me money Sky. I offered you plenty of ways to give it back to me but you never did. You know…we were interrupted every time. First Harry, then Amber…”

“You killed Amber?” I choked. He gave a step forward, crouched in front of me and grasped my neck.

"That's rude. Don't interrupt me" he threatened. I glanced at Zayn looking for help, in vain. He just smiled, watching Jeffrey hurt me. How could he be a part of it?

"Harry had to leave. He was a nuisance." He stood up, letting go of my throat, and stepped backwards. "We wanted something," he pointed at himself and then at Zayn, "and we wouldn't get it unless we kicked him out of our way."

"What do you mean?" I dared to ask.

"I loved you, Sky" Zayn hastened to say. Out of all the answers I had in mind, that one was definitely not what I was expecting. For a moment I felt guilty, but the look in his eyes shifted from sad to furious so quickly that every emotion in me vanished and I had to look away. "However, you had Harry. He was perfect for you and I had no possibility." He sighed and bowed his head, before looking straight into my eyes and talking again. "So we got rid of him. But guess what! It was a complete loss of time, because you haven't noticed me yet. You don't love me and you never will."

"You killed your friend! You killed Harry!" I yelled. "How could you?" The tears threatened to come out but I held them back. Anger and desperation raced through my veins and all I wanted to do was stand up and hit Zayn so bad that he couldn't move. I tried to stand on my feet but Jeffrey pushed me down to the floor, leaving me helpless at Zayn's feet.

"If I can't have you," Zayn crouched next to me and whispered into my ear, "no one will."

[Sorry for the delay! I'm planning something new(: Enjoy! And don't forget to vote!!

Oh and thank you so so so much for the 200 reads!!! ily all<3 ]

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

892K 33.8K 66
(Order the eBook on Kindle now.) When love transcends race, creed, gender, fortune, and fame, there is simply no evading it. Exiting one of the bigg...
4.8K 65 21
[COMPLETED] Never Trust a pretty face boys!!! :) That's what happened to Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlison, Justin Bieber, and Za...
423 32 12
They say if you love something, let it go and if it comes back its yours. What if when it comes back it isn't what you expected? Friendships reunite...
54.5K 2.1K 27
Zayn was Harry's, Harry was Zayn's Zayn loves Harry, Harry loves Zayn Normal isn't it? But what if one of them didn't belong to the other? What ha...