The Wolf In sheeps clothing

By Harmonyangeldreamer

Niall's felt rough for some time. He's exhausted from nonstop touring and he just wants to relax and enjoy th... More

Prologue: It's Just Exhaustion.
Sleep? What's That?
Fussin' Over Nothin'
"A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing"
The Wolf Needs To Be Subdued.....And Soon!
....Makes Sense I Suppose........
The Best Place Right Now
".......If Penguins have knees......?"
I Don't Want To Live With This
Long Showers
"Look Again"
"Li? Tell us......."
"Uumh...What's Going On?"
"I'm Scared, So Scared
Guest? Prisoner You Mean.
"I'm Breaking My Promise."
"Just Shut it...I don't Want to Hear"
"We'll Do This Together"
Zayn
Incoming Text
Media Lies
Sorted
Yes. I Can!
Expert Intervention or.......?
Two Word Answers
A Small Step In The Right Direction
Roller Coaster Ride Of Emotions
You Did What?!
The Virtuous Flower
Control........or Controlled? That's The Question.
Two sides of the War
Ma, Say Something...Anything....Please
"Out Of The Bag"
As Long As It Doesn't Involve Tattoos
Chewing Nails And Spitting Rust
Warm your Hands Please!
Dave
Input?...You Really Mean Interfere
It's Called Compromise
Silence
Don't Think Like That!
Pray
A Chance......A Very Slim One
"But I Blame Me"
"Who Are you? I don't Know You"
Just What The Doctor Ordered!
Testing, Testing.
"You're Not Using Ni As A Guinea Pig!"
Sorry
Phase Three
And?.........
Delirium
One Hour
Declining
Buying Time
Please?
Another Chance at Life.
Right, Here We Go.
I am sorry, I didn't realize
"Lou, I think You'd Better Come Clean"
I Hope We're In Time
Too Late, Too Late
Betrayed
"It's My Fault He's Dying."
Food For Thought.
ESCAPE!
Message from Naomi
Going Somewhere?
Don't You F.cking Dare!
It Doesn't Make Sense.
A/N
Precarious Hold
In The Hands Of The Devine
F.ck You Neil
A Chuid Den Tsaol...my share of life.
Maybe It Wasn't A Dream

What If My Baby Dies?

2.4K 74 3
By Harmonyangeldreamer

A/N Thank you so much for all the kind messages you sent to me via my cousin. I'm working on getting better. Physically I am doing ok but emotionally it is so much harder to recover from this.

"Li?" Liam looked up at the sound of Louis soft voice.

"He's going to be OK. I mean, he's pretty sick but the doctor says he'll be OK." Liam said quietly then rubbed a hand over his face. "He's very dehydrated and he's got kidney problems but they're dealing with it. We can see him once they've got him settled in his room. I gotta call his Dad" Liam stood and wobbled shakily as the shock of everything finally hit him.

"Mate, I'll do it" Harry pushed Liam back down in the plastic waiting room chair. "You stay put and relax. Niall's in good hands now". Harry patted Liam's shoulder and walked away to make the necessary call.

"Horan Family?"  the voice of the nurse broke the quietness. All the boys looked up at her "If you'd follow me?". She turned and headed back through the swing doors, the young men following her as she led the way to the elevators. They all piled in and the nurse pressed the button for the fourth floor. "Niall is  in room 17. This way..." She stepped out briskly as the doors opened and led them down a short corridor into a  square lobby area that had doors on all four sides. She indicted one of the doors "Through there, gentlemen. He's sleeping at the moment so please don't do anything to disturb him." She smiled at them then walked to the nurses desk and sat down, busying herself immediately with the pile of charts on the desk.

Niall had his eyes shut when they entered his room, sleeping, as the nurse had said.  The boys took in the array of medical equipment surrounding their friend who looked so tiny in the hospital bed, his face as white as the sheet that covered him.They looked around and saw a couple of chairs which they quietly moved to the side of the bed. Harry and Liam sat but Louis stood next to the bed and took Niall's small hand into his own equally small one. He looked down at his friend and shook his head. Why had this happened to Niall? Of all of them, Niall was the sweetest, most innocent. He was the one who was constantly laughing and joking. Now he looked as pale as death itself. A tear slipped from Louis eye and he dashed it away, self consciously. He was too old to cry, he told himself firmly but his heart refused to believe that , and more tears followed.

Harry and Liam whispered quietly to each other then both stood.

"Lou, we're going to leave now and come back later, yeah?' Liam put a hand on Louis shoulder and guided him to sit in the chair he had just vacated. "We'll get some food and bring it back". Louis just nodded, not bothering to speak. Harry and Liam exchanged glances and left.

"Are either of you gentlemen Louis Tomlinson?" the nurse spoke as they passed her desk.

"No, I'm Harry..Harry Styles and this is Liam Payne. Louis is in with Niall right now. Do you need him?" Harry made to go back to Niall's room.

"No, no. It's fine.It's just we have had had confirmation from Mr Horan's father  that Mr Tomlinson is cleared to act for Niall if he isn't able to do so himself." The nurse told them. "I'll speak to him him myself. She stood.

"Great, that's a relief. Ni's parents are in Ireland. We're just going out for a short time. We'll be back, if that's OK?" Liam asked.

"Yes, There are no restrictions on visiting for Mr Horan  at present , although you will need to vacate his room during any examinations,treatments, or if it is in Mr Horan's best interests for visits to be denied." the nurse smiled at them and both men nodded in understanding. Bidding her a polite 'goodbye' they both headed out.

"You think Lou will be all right, Hazza?" Liam asked after they had walked for some minutes in silence. "He looked pretty upset."

"Knowing Lou, he's probably blaming himself for everything. I wish the media could see this tide of Louis. They label him with so many negative traits yet they never publish all the good stuff he does for others. He'll do anything for Nialler. We all would". Harry said firmly, Liam nodding in agreement.

"Preach" Liam murmured. 

"I'm going to call Selena" Harry suddenly said. "Maybe she'll be able to...I don't know...I don't know what I hope she can do..if anything. This is such a mess"

"Well, she might be able to help us too.She can tell us what it's like living with this illness. Then we'd understand what Nialler is going through. Call her." Liam said decisively.

"Mr Tomlinson?" Louis looked up as the nurse entered the room. "Mr Horan's parents have been in contact and confirmed they are happy for you to act on behalf of their son if he's unable to do so for himself. Would you be able to speak to the doctor when he comes? He'll be here shortly" the nurse looked at him enquiringly.

"Yeah,  I'll be here" Louis responded "I'm not going anywhere" he looked back at the small figure on the bed.

Mr Tomlinson?" Louis jumped at the sound of a man's voice. He'd drifted off into his own thoughts and lost his sense of time and place. He looked at the man waiting patiently for him to speak.

"Yeah, I'm him..I mean , I'm Louis" He stretched out his free hand, on releasing the hold his other hand had on Niall's , and shook the doctor's. "How's Niall doing?"

"Better now we have him back under our care. He was extremely dehydrated which we're dealing with " he nodded at the IV in Niall's arm." His kidneys are under some stress at the moment. Tests have shown that there is blood in his urine, along with a build up of protein ,etc. This in turn has sent his blood pressure dangerously high. We've started treatment with some immunosuppressive drugs and will monitor the results".

"Kidney problems, that's serious, isn't it?" Louis asked immediately, knowing how much Liam had suffered in the past with kidney problems.

"Yes, they can be, Over 60% of Lupus patients experience what we call Lupus Nephritis. When Niall was first admitted, he was showing signs of problems developing, swelling of the ankles, etc. Unfortunately, when Niall chose to..ah...leave us...his kidney problems were smouldering away. He'd not really be too aware of what was happening as he'd be focussing on other symptoms. Fortunately you found him before things got too out of hand." the doctor replied. 

"He'll be OK, then?" Louis was anxious to know

"He'll be fine. He will need to stay with us until everything is under control. I would recommend that he does talk with a clinical psychologist as it will help him cope with this illness.

"Psychologist?" Louis asked, frowning. "But Niall's not mentally ill.

"No, and I'm not saying he is as such. But depression and anxiety are often part and parcel of a Lupus diagnosis.  A clinical psychologist will help your friend develop ways of coping with an illness that will have a major effect on his life. It will help him with the ways he thinks about things, ways of coping with inevitable pain, flareups and so forth. It doesn't delve into his psyche if that is what concerns you." the doctor explained. 

"Yeah, I think I understand. No sure Nialler will" Louis spoke quietly "Would it really help, do'ya think?"

"I do. Obviously , it's up to Niall himself. We won't force him, but it would be in his best interests." The doctor confirmed.

"Wa...." Both men looked quickly down  at the bed and saw Niall's blue eyes were open and he was looking around him in confusion.

"Hey, Nialler" Louis smiled down at Niall. "You're ok, bro". Niall stared up at his face for a few moments and then his eyes fluttered shut once more.

"Louis, if you'd just step outside for a few moments. I'll just need to examine Niall". The doctor pressed the nurses call bell and she responded immediately, holding the door open for Louis to pass through. "I'll update you soon" the doctor said.

Louis sat in a chair and pulled out his phone to play a few games to occupy himself as he waited but it was hard to keep his attention so his eyes regularly looked at the closed door of Niall's room. He didn't remain alone too long as Harry and Liam soon arrived with Coffee and food.

"Any news?" Harry asked immediately

"He woke up for a few seconds. Doctor is with him now. He says Niall will be fine" Louis responded and watched the stiff set of Harry's broad shoulders sag with relief. 

"We spoke to Selena" Liam supplied. "She'll come visit him as soon as he's up to it. She thinks it will help".

"Yeah, great .Anything  that helps will be cool". Louis rolled his shoulders as he spoke then took a coffee that Liam offered him. "I just hate Niall to have to go through this. I guess it's good we're on a break. Can you imagine touring with Niall sick?" he shook his head as he spoke.

"Oh G*d!" Liam suddenly said as he clapped a hand to his forehead. "The media.......!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

282K 8.8K 130
Niall finds himself experiencing a collection of small niggling health problems. They irritate him but don't worry him. After all, they are just rand...
5.2K 128 12
Louis Tomlinson was trying his hardest to be strong. He was always depressed because of hate from the fans. Every night, he felt like angels were sin...
30.4K 753 12
Harry's struggling with anxiety and depression, and Louis' trying his best to help the love of his life. Their relationship is tested when Harry's me...
40.8K 1.9K 66
Liam suffers from panic attacks, and though he doesnt think it will help, his parents check him into a mental facility called St. Ambrose. Louis is a...