Perfect Chaos

By Emmy82650

Kathlene Tantum has a normal family. A mother, a father, and a baby sister on the way. Kathy thought her boyf... More

Perfect Chaos {Chapter 1}
Perfect Chaos {Chapter 2}

Perfect Chaos {Chapter 3}

221 2 2
By Emmy82650

Copyright © - All Rights Reserved

~ CHAPTER 3 ~

- Kathy -

I walked into my house, slamming the door and running up the stairs. How could he do this? It was all so perfect until Luna came. I cried until I ran out of tears. For an hour, I let the warm soft pellets of water fall on me in the shower. When the hot water ran out, I jumped out of the shower, completely relaxed for the first time all day. I couldn't cry. Not anymore. I really had to be strong. No matter how much I hate Luna. That's when my head started to pound. It felt like a hammer was hitting my head from the inside out on both sides of my head.  

"AUGH" I yelled in pain before the pain became unbearable. I collapsed on my bedroom floor, allowing myself to seep into comfortable blackness.

- Hospital -

- 4 Hours Later -

I heard a beeping sound. Maybe my heart rate. Am I in a hospital?  

"...she's okay. You have nothing to worry about." I faintly heard a voice. It sounded distant and far off.  

"How bad is it?" I heard the voice of my father say. He was worrying. I tried to tell him that it was okay, I was alright, but I couldn't gather the strength. I felt so weak, and my head was pounding. I couldn't even open my eyes. I heard a small sound in the corner of the room. Was it... crying? My mom was crying for me. I'm okay! I wish I could scream. I can't handle this. I want so much to say that I am okay, but I know that even if I had the strength to say it, it wouldn't be the truth. I felt a little bit of strength returning, but I didn't try to open my eyes. They would be asking me questions non-stop. I turned my ears to where I heard the female voice coming from.  

"She has a concussion, but it doesn't look self inflicted." She said. Maybe she's a nurse.  

"Well, maybe she tripped. Or she hit her head?" My dad's worried voice said. I felt a bit of stirred wind in the air. I think she was shaking her head or something.  

"I'm afraid not. Damage like this could not have been done by anything in her bedroom. Detectives looked. Since you were in the house at the time, and she was on the second floor with windows and doors locked, we have nothing to suspect." I heard footsteps in the room. Who is in here? Not doctors? I don't want any attention drawn to myself. I felt my cheeks get hot. Finally, I gathered enough strength to open my eyes just a crack to see what was going on. I noticed familiar faces. Roxanne was obviously crying, her head buried in Trevor's chest. He looked over her shoulder protectively. Roxanne's parents stood in the doorway, sending Trevor the death glare. Oops! Looks like this 'secret' relationship is no longer secret. My mother's back was to me. She was staring out the window with a tissue clutched in her hand. She was shaking uncontrollably. Of course, she was too proud to let everyone see her cry. My dad was leaning against a wall staring into space. I noticed a window by my bed (hospital bed). I could see the sky darkening and a bunch of green trees bouncing under the wind. Suddenly, a pair of all too familiar emerald eyes appeared. I uttered a single sound before slipping back into blackness.

- Roxanne -

"MOM!" I screamed for the hundredth time. My mom was listening to a spanish tape. Why she wants to learn, I will never know. Finally she looked up. Rolling her eyes, she took off the headset.  

"Yes, Roxanne?" She said slowly. I groaned impatiently.  

"Oh, nothing. My best friend is in the hospital, that's all." Her eyes sharpened. I could have sworn she was about to say 'And....'. She sighed.  

"Let's go." My mom said, picking up her car keys. Finally!

- 20 minutes later -

"Hi, I'm here to see Kathlene Tantum." I said as I approached the desk in the weird hospital. My mom and dad stood behind me promptly. The nurse at the desk turned her stern glare away from me and to a piece of paper. She looked back up at me.  

"What is your name?" She said. I could tell she didn't really care at all, it was just business.  

"Roxanne Sanilie." I said. How long is this going to take? She looked back down to the paper slowly and I looked around the room. The walls were a dull peach, and I could tell it hadn't been painted over in ages. I watched a piece of peeled paint fall slowly and fall to the floor, which was an aqua color. The chairs in the room were that ugly hospital green that you would expect. The nurse lady cleared her throat and my eyes snapped back to hers. She blinked and then moved her lips slowly, as if I couldn't hear her.  

"Her room is in hallway 4, number 233, ninth on your left." I turned my head sideways and smiled my biggest smile just for the fun of it.

"Thank you." I mouthed before walking to hall 4. I slowed down as I heard sobbing coming from room 233, Kathy's room. I heard Trevor's voice behind me say one word.  

"Roxanne." I whipped around and almost ran into Trevor, my boyfriend that my parents did not know about. His eyes were filled with passion and sorrow. Silently, he took my hand and led me into the room. I turned my head towards the bed- and burst into tears. I saw my best friend looking so small and fragile in the hospital bed. I allowed Trevor's scent to fill my body as I burrowed my head into his chest and cried. I didn't care that my parents were shooting him the death glare. His arms were around me, and he would keep me safe.

- Trevor -

- 1 Hour Later -

A nurse came into the room. She cleared her throat. I looked at her, but I could only see her green eyes. They were really, really shiny green. Not that I care.  

"Visiting time is over. Sorry. Come back tomorrow." She said. Her voice sounded a bit familiar. As I brushed past her clutching Roxanne's hand, she winked at me. Odd. I said goodbye to Roxanne, fearing her parents would kill me at any second. Then I ran out of the hospital and hopped into my silver 2010 Ford Flex. I drove home, thinking of Roxanne. The image of the mysterious nurse tugged on my mind. That is about when I got in a 4-car crash. My head banged against the windshield, and I saw the same nurse driving the car that hit me head on. Holy shit. It was Luna.

- Jon -

I blinked and the world spun in circles. My focus regained and I took in my surroundings. Where am I? It looked like a jail sell, with iron bars all around me. I was in a cage. The cage was in a wide room with one door leading to a small room with four doors in it. One was open and I could see a long corridor. I heard faint inaudible voices far away. I tried to get up. Ouch! That's when I looked down. My hands and ankles had metal shackles on them and they were tied to a metal-like bed. My body was completely bare. Even though nobody was in the room, I felt my cheeks get hot. I heard distant footsteps getting closer. The door opened a crack and I saw the face of Luna peek through the door. She smiled sinisterly and walked into the wide room. She walked up to the cage slowly and pressed her face up against it.  

"Hello, Jon. Sorry, but you can't wake up yet. Kathy is coming." The name Kathy rung bells in my head, but I couldn't put my finger on who it was. Somehow, Luna knocked me out using only her mind.

- Luna -

The great thing about being a werewolf is the manipulating. Or maybe the ability to bring a human into a false place to torture them? Or it could be that I can have whatever I want. Period. I ruined Kathy's life because I liked Jon. It won't last, I'll have to kill him sooner or later. Like my mom and dad said so many years ago, I have to move on. Would they want me to be using my special powers in this bad way?  

"Luna, stop thinking about this. They left, you can do whatever the heck you want." I said to my reflection in the mirror. I hope Luke isn't gonna walk in here, he's gonna think all this wolf stuff is going to my head. Well, it sorta is... Whatever. Kathy is such a loser. She thinks Jon loves her and all.. Too bad she doesn't really know I have a weekness. Something I could never bear. I'll be at a disadvantage if they found out. I like to believe I'm unstoppable.  

Us werewolves only live up until we're 55. At that year, on the first full moon, we will decease. I think I can live longer. I'm better than mom or dad. I heard a grunt from the hall behind me. I turned to see Kathy regaining consciousness. She was in a cage across the hall from where Jon is. I smiled at her, knowing she was powerless.

- Kathy -

I opened my eyes again, waking up from yet another time segment of being out cold. I sighed. There was no hospital monitor beeping here. I looked around to see that I was inside a metal cage. The cage was in a big room with one door. It was ajar and I saw a small hall. There was a door across the hall from the room I was in and it was open. Squinting my eyes, I tried to see what was in there. I saw a familiar face laying on a metal table. Jon! His hands and feet were chained to what he was laying on. I looked down. I realized I was on a table just like the one Jon was on, and my hands were also chained up. There was a thin sheet over my body, but I felt cold wind on me. I cursed in my mind. Why the hell am I not wearing anything except a sheet? I heard footsteps echoing across the hall.  

A hand was on my door, but only for a second. Luna's bright emerald eyes looked straight into mine. She smirked before turning around and walking into Jon's room. I watched her play with his hair as he slept calmly. How can anyone sleep when chained up to something as cold as this? Luna started to kiss his forehead and I turned my head, disgusted. How am I going to get out of here? For the second time I heard footsteps coming down the hallway. I looked back to see Luna closing the door. The footsteps still came. A figure showed up in front of my door and I saw a teenage guy who looked just like Luna. Except more guy-like. He had the same emerald eyes, and I felt drawn to them.

"Hello, Kathy." He said. I have no idea who he is, how does he know my name? "I'm Luke. Luna is my sister." No wonder. Luke had on a loose green t-shirt and black jeans. He started walking to me. I felt violated as he looked at the sheet covering me. My cheeks flushed and his eyes darted to mine. My heart skipped a beat. A sinister smile welled up on the corner of his mouth as he put his hand on the corner of the thin white sheet. I tried to say something, but my breath got caught in my sore throat. He tugged at it and it fell to the floor. I turned my head angrily away from him. My breath returned.  

"Get away pervert." I whispered as loud as I could. My throat screamed in protest. He stifled a laugh.  

"You really don't want me to go away." He said.

"Oh really?" I whispered. I felt a sharp burning in my throat. He looked ticked off.  

"Fine then. Go to sleep, Kathy. That won't change anything." Luke strode out of the room, leaving the door wide open. The sheet was on the floor. His footsteps died away as he left. Jon's door opened once more, and out walked Luna. She laughed evilly and walked up to my door.  

"You might want to bundle up, it's supposed to get cold tonight." She said mockingly.  

"Bitch." I said as loud as I could. Her eyes flared, and the last thing I remember is her slamming the door shut and striding menacingly towards me.

- Robert -

I stared at the clear sky of night-time. Stars shined brightly next to the small crescent moon that hung on the east.  

"Robert, tell me you aren't still worrying?" Said the voice of my wife from beside me. I turned my snout towards her.  

"I am, Julie. We told them where to find us and they aren't here. Their brain wave channels are busy." I told her. We are both werewolves, at 49. The wolf stage took over our bodies many years ago, a few years after we had to give Luke and Luna to foster parents. Julie sighed.  

"We might have to go after them. We both know that. You know how difficult our powers were to resist back then." She said. I had to admit, it was hard. I would never want to see loved ones get harmed by me when I had no self control. Unfortunately, werewolves can't go back in time to change stuff.

I lost my self control and broke one of Julie's arms and one of her legs. I stayed with her every second she was in the hospital, even if I had to jump in through a window. I didn't want to do the same thing to our children. By telling them we were their aunt and uncle, they trusted us. When we left, they were so distraught, so angry at the world. Their powers developed faster from the anger. This year they are 17, but Julie and I can't go to their school or house. It just won't work. I hope they aren't causing too much harm, but that's not why I'm worried. I am truly worried about our daughter, the one we had before Luke and Luna.

Copyright © - All Rights Reserved

Continue Reading