Perfect Chaos {Chapter 3}

Copyright © - All Rights Reserved

~ CHAPTER 3 ~

- Kathy -

I walked into my house, slamming the door and running up the stairs. How could he do this? It was all so perfect until Luna came. I cried until I ran out of tears. For an hour, I let the warm soft pellets of water fall on me in the shower. When the hot water ran out, I jumped out of the shower, completely relaxed for the first time all day. I couldn't cry. Not anymore. I really had to be strong. No matter how much I hate Luna. That's when my head started to pound. It felt like a hammer was hitting my head from the inside out on both sides of my head.  

"AUGH" I yelled in pain before the pain became unbearable. I collapsed on my bedroom floor, allowing myself to seep into comfortable blackness.

- Hospital -

- 4 Hours Later -

I heard a beeping sound. Maybe my heart rate. Am I in a hospital?  

"...she's okay. You have nothing to worry about." I faintly heard a voice. It sounded distant and far off.  

"How bad is it?" I heard the voice of my father say. He was worrying. I tried to tell him that it was okay, I was alright, but I couldn't gather the strength. I felt so weak, and my head was pounding. I couldn't even open my eyes. I heard a small sound in the corner of the room. Was it... crying? My mom was crying for me. I'm okay! I wish I could scream. I can't handle this. I want so much to say that I am okay, but I know that even if I had the strength to say it, it wouldn't be the truth. I felt a little bit of strength returning, but I didn't try to open my eyes. They would be asking me questions non-stop. I turned my ears to where I heard the female voice coming from.  

"She has a concussion, but it doesn't look self inflicted." She said. Maybe she's a nurse.  

"Well, maybe she tripped. Or she hit her head?" My dad's worried voice said. I felt a bit of stirred wind in the air. I think she was shaking her head or something.  

"I'm afraid not. Damage like this could not have been done by anything in her bedroom. Detectives looked. Since you were in the house at the time, and she was on the second floor with windows and doors locked, we have nothing to suspect." I heard footsteps in the room. Who is in here? Not doctors? I don't want any attention drawn to myself. I felt my cheeks get hot. Finally, I gathered enough strength to open my eyes just a crack to see what was going on. I noticed familiar faces. Roxanne was obviously crying, her head buried in Trevor's chest. He looked over her shoulder protectively. Roxanne's parents stood in the doorway, sending Trevor the death glare. Oops! Looks like this 'secret' relationship is no longer secret. My mother's back was to me. She was staring out the window with a tissue clutched in her hand. She was shaking uncontrollably. Of course, she was too proud to let everyone see her cry. My dad was leaning against a wall staring into space. I noticed a window by my bed (hospital bed). I could see the sky darkening and a bunch of green trees bouncing under the wind. Suddenly, a pair of all too familiar emerald eyes appeared. I uttered a single sound before slipping back into blackness.

- Roxanne -

"MOM!" I screamed for the hundredth time. My mom was listening to a spanish tape. Why she wants to learn, I will never know. Finally she looked up. Rolling her eyes, she took off the headset.  

"Yes, Roxanne?" She said slowly. I groaned impatiently.  

"Oh, nothing. My best friend is in the hospital, that's all." Her eyes sharpened. I could have sworn she was about to say 'And....'. She sighed.  

"Let's go." My mom said, picking up her car keys. Finally!

- 20 minutes later -

"Hi, I'm here to see Kathlene Tantum." I said as I approached the desk in the weird hospital. My mom and dad stood behind me promptly. The nurse at the desk turned her stern glare away from me and to a piece of paper. She looked back up at me.