Pairing Up The Devil (Unedite...

By GraceAndGlorious

Have your parents ever made a crazy rule for you? Of course, they have. That's what parents do. So just like... More

Pairing Up The Devil
1. Unfair
2. Boozohead and the Freak
3. First meeting with the devil
4. Finding the perfect boy, failed
5. Let's seal the deal
6. Hard to believe
7. Mr Crush, meet Mr Devil
8. My life wasn't all rainbows and sunshine
9. Told you so
10. Lame but effective
11. It is raining cats and dogs, or maybe jerks too
12. The marvelous life of Regina George
13. The adventures in the mathematic class
14. The social butterfly
15. The romantic fishes
16. The bus ride
17. Shut up with the Swifty song already
18. And the Hunger Games begins
19. It's time to go home
20. The revenge
21. Worst thing to be done
22. Apology
24. The happiness is in the air
25. Jealousy
26. Surprise, sister
27. Pairing up gone wrong
28. I'll take you to the candyshop
29. My master
30. Wrong Judgement
31. Polo match : day one
32. Polo Match : day two
33. Who thought the devil could inspire you
34. Isn't that bad
35. Let it snow!
36. The reason behind his sadness
37. Wrong timing
38. Happy birthday to me
39. What a way to start your year
40. Saving Jade
41. Stuck with you
42. This guy's an idiot
43. Unanswered Questions
44. Into pieces
45. Heartbreaker
46. Cheering up
47. The truth
48. First last love
The Epilogue - Graduation day

23. Hospital and the agreements

12K 431 72
By GraceAndGlorious

Cover by @Krazytine! ---->

 CHAPTER 23 - Hospital and the agreements

Beep beep beep....

I woke up to the sound of the hospital machine. The white ceiling of the room welcomed me, the purple flowers kept on the side table and the whole operating system. 

I slowly opened my eyes and saw a bunch of balloons attacted to my bed. This must be from Dr.Brown. He always gifts me balloons, but I was younger than. I am seventeen now but I do love them.

I felt a bandage wrapped around my left arm. When did I hurt myself there? 

I could feel that I was dressed in the hospital gown. Again? I told the nurse here many times that please don't make me wear that because people, this thing is humiliating. But nooo, she wore it to me again.

"You are awake." A familiar voice said. I turned my eyes to see Dr. Brown smiling at me. His pleasant brown eyes were so calming. It can make your disease go away.

"Yupe, I am Dr. Brown." I replied lightly. Honestly, I didn't have the strength to speak right now.

"Why don't yo take care of yourself Princess? You know how fragile you are." he said softy, rubbing my forehead. In all these years, he was just like a father to me. Same age as my dad, his caring figure and sweet behaviour made him a father like figure for me.

"I know. I just .." but I couldn't complete. What should I tell him? That I made somone hurt and then passed out? No way!

Speaking of which, Ryan! God, I passed out in front of him. Again, a heartless behaviour by my side. But it wasn't my fault. I tried my best to tolerate but looks like God's not with me right now.

God : I am always with you my mortal creature.

Me : Whoa, God speaks to me too? 

Conscience : Boo yay!! It was me! *laughs innocently*

Me : Urg, you again?

Conscience : Look at you, lying on a hospital bed and still talking about movies and Kristen Bell. *shakes head with disappointment*

Me : Huh? Oh God, I wasn't talking about the movie You Again!

Conscience : Oh please, don't call me God, I am not so great! Actually, I am! Hahaha!

Me : Why aren't you sick when I am sick?

Conscience : Yes Miss Newly, I think you broke your vertebrae and spinal chord. So, I suggest you to go under operation.

Me : Why are you acting like a doctor? You aren't one Mister.

Conscience : That's right. I am NOT a doctor so please don't ask me WHY I AM NOT SICK!

Me : Okay, chillaz.

"Hello Jade." A voice called and that's the moment I froze. It's non other than that stupid, controlling, bossy, irritating, rude and cruel girl who is unfortunetely Dr. Brown's assistant.

Rebecca..

Her names suits her. She was training as Dr. Brown's assistant. She is soo bossy.

"I heard you passed out, why can't you take care of yourself?" she scolded. Her blond hair moved in sync when she screamed and her nose moved awkwardly too, which is hell funny.

I chuckled lightly at her funny nose which made her angry. Well, when is she isn't?

"Are you laughing at me kid?" she asked angrily.

I just nodded. I knew she'll get even more mad at me with that. Kid? Really? You are just 30 miss.

"You are so going to die." she yelled.

Suddenly, the door opened and revealed Dr. Brown with his pad.

"No one is going to kill anyone. Oh, by the way Princess, I informed your family that you are awake. They are all sitting outside." he smiled. 

"Princess? This kid is a monster Dr. Brown." Rebecca said, grinding her teeth together.

I chuckled again and turned my head to Dr. Brown. He was smiling at me peacefully,

He came closer to me and hugged me,"Aw, this kid is not a monster. She is an angel."

"Yeah, an angel who is actually an evil angel and is here on earth do to some evil work for Lucifer, who's still caught in his cage." Rebecca stated, moving toward the door.

"No way, you watch Supernatural too?" I asked cheerfully with my eyes wide open and still hugging Dr. Brown.

"Yes, who'll miss a hottie like Dean."

A disguist look came on my face and I said,"Eww. Please don't spoil his brotherly image for me." Dean is like an amazing brother who'll do anything to save Sammy. Not a hottie!

"Whatever." and she exit the room. 

We chuckled at her behaviour and Dr. Brown finally let me go and went to the operating system on my right.

Rebecca has been under Dr. Brown since I was nine, which means almost since the beginning of all this asthma. She scolds me everytime I pass out, yell at me for not taking my pills and talks about how much she hates my unobservance and carelessness. But I like to be around her. Though all I do is chuckle and tease her about her funny nose but its still good.

I lay back on the bed again and started to think about what happened with Ryan. I still feel horrible. When he said that I always run away, I was really confused. But the moment he said, he don't want to see my face, it was the moment of pain and sadness. I hate it when someone is angry with me. Especially, when I know them really well. But I can't say that with Ryan because when he was going to tell more about himself, I ran away. God, I shouldn't run away in the first place and none of this would be happening.

I hate myself for that! I really do.

But then my thoughts went to something different. What happended after I passed out?

"Hey Doc, do you know what happeneded to me?" I asked.

"You passed out outside your school and someone brought you here.Urg, what was his name" he said. Someone? If it was Sage or dad, then he would have cleared it already?

"Um.Ryan?" I asked.

"Yeah, that. Ryan was his name. He was the one who brought you here and then called your dad and Sage."

Ryan brought me here? But I thought he was angry with me.

I was about to ask him if he is here or not when the door suddenly opened. revealing dad and Sage. They smiled at me and sat next to me.

"Hey Princess. How are you feeling?" dad asked sweetly.

"Awesome." I said sarcastically. Why do people ask this question to a patient? He is definetely not good that's why he is here.

"That's a good thing. I'll go talk to Brown for a few minutes." he said, while walking towards the door.

"But I was not serious, I am not feeling awe..." he went outside outside before I could finish the sentence. That leaves Sage and me alone.

Sage turned to me and spoke,"So, I won't ask you how you are feeling because I know that question is stupid so let's talk about how it happened or why?"

"Um.I was in the park outside our school when I passed out."

"And who brought you here?" she asked but it was obvious that she knows the answer. And she looked pretty angry too. Aw, my sister's jealous.

"Ryan."

"I know but why?"

"How do I know. Ask him."

"I did and he said that you two got into a fight. Since when did you start to hang out with him Jade?"

"I have been for a long time. You have seen it, we all went to a date together." As cheap as it sounds but it's true. We all went on a date together.

"I know you have been but your bond has grown so strong that you fight with him?" This girl here my frineds, is clearly jealous. Passing out wasn't my plan but it's working!!

"It was for yo.." but I stopped. I can't tell her that I was trying to set her up this whole time. I have became serious now but she won't understand.

"Why did you stopped? I know it okay?" she said.

Wait, what? How? 

"How?" I asked.

"Someone told it to me and come on, do I see that dumb to you that you'll try to fix me with Ryan and I won't see it?"

"I am sorry." I cried softly.

Her look got concerned and she came closer to me and spoke,"Aw, it's nothing to cry about. I just don't understand why you did something so stupid."

I didn't say anything, just hugged her tightly.

"Oh, now I remember, you wanted to date someone and dad wasn't letting you, that's the reason, right?" she asked, but she was not angry.

I nodded. She smiled at me, which was unexpectable and said,"My stupid little sister."

She ruffled my hair and said,"Is that so important to you? You just want to show dad that I am dating so you can date, right?"

She still wasn't angry. She was soft and sweet. What hace happended to my angry sister?

I nodded again.

She smiled and said,"Okay then. I'll do it."

I couldn't believe it. Sage agreed with me?

"You will?" I asked.

She nodded and said,"I will." and went outside too.

After a few minutes, I asked Dr. Brown if Ryan was here and he said yes and went outside to send him in.

The door opened just a crack, I could see that it was Ryan, peepping inside.

"You can come in Ryan." I chuckled.

He walked slowly to my bed and sat down on the stood. He looked worried as hell.

"How are you.." he didn't finished the sentence and chuckled. "Sorry for asking that. Sage informed me not to."

So now my little love birds are talking to each other? Great!!

"But what happeneded to you? I was so freaked out when you passed out on the ground but when your sister and dad came here, they looked worried but like they know what to do. What is happening? No one is telling.."

I didn't let him finish and I spoke,"I have asthma."

He stopped suddenly and widned his eyes."Did I heard what you just said?" He looked like a lost puppy. God, so adorable.

I nodded.

After 10 minutes of silence, he got up from his seat and shouted,"Why didn't you tell me before?"

I was shocked to see his reaction and cried,"Because I thought you'll make fun of me too like the other kids did."

"How could I do that Babydoll? I am not that bad." he said softly, sitting again.

"I just don't know why I didn't."

"How long? I mean, how long have you been suffering from this?" he asked.

:Um,,since I was six."

He slammed his head into his hands and stood like that for a few minutes.

Awkward silence again!

:I am so sorry Ryan." I apologized.

"Why are you sorry? I am the one who said you so many rude things, I am the guilty here. i am so very sorry Jade."

I seemed like he'll cry. Cry? Why?

Suddenly, the door opened again, revealing Rebecca.

"So, let's get this started." she said and sat on my left while Ryan was on my right. She glared at Ryan with lust and took her pen.

Ewww!

"And you are?" she asked with seduction. What is this 30 year old woman trying to do?

"Um,Ryan. Her friend." he stammered.

"I am his friend? Wow, that's the big achievement. Note that I am NOT being sarcastic this time.

"And he is also not interested in cougars so just carry on your work." I said, causing Ryan to chuckle and Rebecca to turn red.

"So, have you been running fats and for long hours these days?" she asked, with her writing pad on her lap and pen in her hand.

Let me think, um.. yes! A lot. And that too after Ryan.

I turned to Ryan who had a very painful look on his face. I think he is still feeling guilty.

"Yes." I answered.

"Have you been near dust or smoke?" she asked again.

This time, I saw Ryan's face turned to me and I saw the guilt in his eyes. Aw, it's really heartbreaking to see his sad face.

"Um..not really!" I answered.

Ryan mouthed 'Stop lying' and it again seemed like he'll cry. 

I mouthed back 'I am not lying.'

"I am so sorry Rasberry." He suddenly said. Ahh, the food names came again. That means he is no longer angry! Yay, a happy world!

-

-

-

"I am on. If that makes you happy, then I am in." Sage said. Me, Ryan and Sage were sitting inside the hospital room.

I turned to Ryan and he said,"Yeah, if it makes you happy and keeps you healthy, then okay." I could cleary see that he was not in the mood for this. He still looked guilty and he was not thinking about the whole fake dating thing.

But the most weird thing, why is Sage so enthusiastic about this? 

This mystery is still to be discovered. But the good thing in the moment, they agreed to do it!

And that is the moment when I realised that I am no longer doing it to date Aiden, it's for my sister. 

*********

Tahhhhh!

So, how was it? :)) I updated fast, isn't it? Because I am awesome like that, like a boss!

QUESTION TIME :

1) What's up with Sage?

2) How do you like our new character Rebecca?

3) What will happen next now?

Hope you liked it! :)

Don't forget:

VOTE 

COMMENT

AND ENJOY! :))

Upload a File S

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.2K 3K 38
“A guy and a girl can be just friends, but at one point or another, they will fall for each other...Maybe temporarily, maybe at the wrong time, maybe...
286K 3.8K 68
August and Ethan have been bestfriends since the day they met at Ethan's seventh birthday party. And now, twelve years on, their friendship continues...
3K 58 9
This is my first fanfic so I'm sorry if I got a few things wrong and the characters aren't mine, you're the love interest
29.2K 1.6K 33
Luke Adams wasn't interested in the Kissing Game until his crush, Ella Baker, says she'll only date the guy who wins the game. But no one will pass h...