The Bucket List

pureasfierce

RJ and Maine have been bestfriends since forever. He was that lanky, bullied boy who she stood up for when th... Еще

the one with the list
the one with the plan
the one at the hawaiian islands (part 1)
the one at the hawaiian islands (part 2)
the one with the selfies
the one with the northern lights
the one at disneyland
the one with coldplay
the one at the four corners monument
the one in the interstate
the one with the US landmarks
the one where harry met sally
the one at times square
the one with the happiest new year
the one after three years
the one with the preps
the one where they say I do
the one with the little peanut

the one with laura

3.7K 318 122
pureasfierce

RJ / September 29, 2016

It's been one month and two weeks since I went home from the States. After that night, hindi na rin kami nakapag-usap ni Maine. She went home, packed her bags and booked a flight back to California. I tried to talk to her, pero ayaw niyang makipag-usap sa akin. Kinausap ko na rin si Ate Niki but she asked me to just let her be.

I tried sending her an email but she didn't respond. I tried sending her a message on her social media accounts pero na-seenzoned lang ako. Hindi niya talaga ako pinapansin. I still see her post from time to time pero yung reply sa akin? Wala.

Hindi na rin siya sumama sa akin para dito sa kasal ni Czarina, for obvious reasons. Alam ko naman na galit pa din siya sa akin.

I admit, nag-aalala ako kay Maine. Nagkakagalit kami dati, oo. Pero we patch things up so easily. This is the first time that we fought about something and not talk about it afterwards. I know this is a much different situation than the others.

Laura and I, on the other hand, patched things up. I love her, she loves me. When we broke up a few months ago, she didn't say anything at all on why she's breaking up with me. Sinubukan ko pa nga siyang habulin to ask her why pero hindi ko na siya inabot. I tried calling her a lot of times but she's not responding, at all. I respected that. I'm happy that we patched things up though, she's been a part of my life for six years and nothing can change that. But I can feel that something has changed in our relationship. Definitely.

Ngayon, nandito na kami sa wedding reception ni Czarina. It was a beautiful wedding. Si Matthew Montecillo pala yung napangasawa niya, my varsity teammate in High School.

"RJ! Oh my god, thank you so much for doing our wedding!" Czarina told me as she kissed me on my cheek.

I smiled at her. "Wala yun. By the way, si Laura. Girlfriend ko."

"Nice to meet you."

Czarina was shocked upon hearing the word girlfriend. "Girlfriend mo?"

"Yes, may problema ba?"

She smiled awkwardly, and I felt uncomfortable. "Wala naman. Akala ko lang kasi kayo ni Maine. I saw your IG posts kasi!" She turned to Laura. "Sorry, girl. But you look good together! Maiwan ko na muna kayo ha?"

Let's say Laura was in a bad mood until the end of the night.

***

RJ / October 16, 2016

Nasa studio ako para ayusin yung wedding photos nina Czarina when Laura barged into my office.

"Babe, tara let's have lunch. Sunday naman ngayon eh. Why are you even working?"

"I have to finish this, babe. Nag-leave na kasi si Dani kaya ako na tatapos nito."

"Whose photos are those ba?"

"Czarina and Matthew's."

I saw her frown when I mentioned Czarina. "What's the problem babe?"

"I just don't like that friend of yours."

"Why?"

"Nakakabastos kaya yung ginawa niya on her wedding. I was there! Tapos sasabihin niya akala niya kayo ni Maine? Ugh."

"Hindi naman niya sinasadya. Hindi naman niya kasi alam."

"Kahit na. How rude of her to say that in front of me."

"Laura, that was two weeks ago. Kalimutan mo na yun."

"I can't just let that pass, Chard. Nabastos ako eh!"

"She already said sorry. Ano pang problema mo?"

"Are you seriously asking me that?"

"Hindi ba obvious?"

She stood up and got her bags and headed towards the door. "God I hate it when you're so impossible to talk to. Diyan ka na nga."

We didn't talk for a week after that.

***

RJ / November 23, 2016

I was on the phone when Laura barged inside my unit. She sat in one of the bean bags and asked if who was I talking to.

"Si Ate Niki yun." I told her as I sat beside her.

"Who's Niki?"

"Maine's sister."

Halatang nag-iba na naman yung mood niya when I mentioned Maine. "What about her?"

"Kinakamusta ko lang sila. Pati si Maine. Hindi na kasi kami nagkakausap."

"Mukha naman yata siyang okay."

"Laura."

"What? You saw her IG posts right? She's enjoying her time in LA."

"Stop it."

"Why would I do that?"

"Because it's pissing me off."

"Go ahead and get pissed, Richard. Naiinis na rin ako sayo. I went here to spend time with you pero si Maine pa rin nasa isip mo."

I groaned in frustration. Niyakap ko na lang siya ng mahigpit. "I'm sorry, babe."

She hugged me back and nuzzled her head on my neck. "I'm sorry too, babe. Nakakapagselos lang din kasi."

"Sorry. Won't happen again."

She looked at me and kissed me. "I love you, Richard."

And the only answer she got from me was a half-hearted smile.

***

RJ / December 29, 2016

Laura celebrated Christmas with us that's why we decided that I get to spend the New Year's with her family in Batangas. Ngayon, namimili kami ng mga lulutuin for Media Noche.

Hindi namin to ginagawa before, kahit 6 years kami together. Ngayon na lang namin naisipan gawin, kaya hindi ko alam kung anong usual na ginagawa nila on holidays.

Yesterday, I talked to Ate Niki again and asked if Maine was okay. She told me that she is, and that's she flying to New York tomorrow together with the whole family. Doon na sila magcecelebrate ng New Year's. I wished them a great time and ended the call after Matti said his thank you for the gifts I sent him.

Ngayon umaga, nasa sala kami ni Laura, fixing my equipments. Her mom asked me to take a family portrait for them and I said yes.

"Thanks for doing this, babe. I'm so glad you agreed to this," she tiptoed and kissed me full on the lips. "Kailangan kasama ka din sa family portrait ha?"

I smiled at her. "I will."

"I love you so much, Chard." She told me as she hugged me.

"I love you too, Maine."

SHIT.

She pulled off of me and I swear I thought she'd kill me that second.

"What did you just call me?"

"Laura. I said Laura."

"Oh my god."

"Babe.."

"Richard, oh my god. How could you do this to me?"

"Laura.."

"I wanted to be with you that's why I talked to you so we can patch things up. Tapos ngayon ito?! How dare you say her name when you're hugging me! And to think na you're saying I love you too?!"

Hinahampas na niya ako sa dibdib, and I just let her. What I said was unacceptable. She's my girlfriend and for some reasons, I blurted out the wrong name. My bestfriend's name, for crying out loud.

"Dati pa ako nagseselos kay Maine, and you know that. God knows how much I wanted her to go away from you because I feel like she's taking you away from me!"

"She's my bestfriend, Laura. Nothing can change that. How can you even think of that?!"

"Kasi siya na lang lagi! Puro na lang Maine, Maine, Maine! Brokenhearted si Maine, naligaw si Maine, nasiraan si Maine, puro na lang si Maine! Kailan naman ako, Chard? Kailan?

"Simula nung nagkabalikan tayo, whenever we talk, lagi na lang nasisingit sa usapan si Maine. Nakakasawa na, Chard. Alam kong bestfriend mo siya pero ako yung girlfriend mo eh. Sometimes it bothers me how you talk about her like she's the brightest star in the universe, in your universe. You never talk about me like that, Richard. And it hurts kasi you talk about her to me, your girlfriend. Ako kasi dapat yun eh."

"Laura, I love you."

"But not as much as you love her, Richard."

I groaned in frustration. "Laura, please. Hindi ko sinasadya yung sinabi ko kanina."

"Oh, really?"

"Maniwala ka naman sakin."

"Richard, ganito na lang. It's me or her. As simple as that."

"No. Don't let me choose between the two of you."

"I just did. Now I'm asking you again, Richard. Si Maine o ako? Take your pick."

***

AN: Beastmode kayong lahat sa last chapter huhuhuhuhu sorry naaaa 😭😭😭😭😭 Pero guys!!!! Nalalapit na ang liwanag. Ready na ba kayo? Keri pa ba? GV GV lang tayo guys HAHAHAHAHA salamat sa pagbabasa!! 💕 Comments or tweet me @fymaichard 😊

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

179K 5.3K 97
Two opposite worlds come together. How will they establish harmony after their initial encounter was unfavorable? Would you be open to befriending so...
Tawag ng Katangahan - ̗̀ usamin ̖́-

Любовные романы

9.7K 781 21
Mas gusto pang matulog ni Ariel De Guzman kesa magkasyota. Kung kaya't lahat ng kanyang mga katrabaho ay kumbinsidong tatanda na lamang siyang binata...
15.7K 389 35
Falling in love again was not a part of her plan. She was broken enough to think that her heart could ever love again. But when she decided to leave...
18.8K 1K 23
Yndrah Alaianth Xanther- a respected professor and successful doctor in medicine. Known for her sharp mind and distant manner. Her cold demeanor echo...