Choosing My Mate [R]

By brandalynn89

Rated [R] Riley Burk is the daughter of the Alpha. For years the Alpha could only birth daughters, so an agr... More

Choosing My Mate
Chapter 1: Alpha blood
Chapter 2: Mate
Chapter 3: The Begining
Chapter 4: Q & A
Chapter 5: Perfect two
Chapter 7: Time to play.
Chapter 8: Wolf Control
Chapter 9 The Unthinkable
Chapter 10: The Big Bad Wolf
Chapter 11: Hot & Bothered
Chapter 12: Broken Trust
Chapter 13: First Dace
Chapter 14: Caught Between Two Loves
Chapter 15: New Territory
Chapter 16: Intruder
Chapter 17: "We're not the only ones"
Chapter 18: Defying the Alpha

Chapter 6: Day by Day

43.1K 602 76
By brandalynn89

I'm Dedicating this Chapter to Kristy1000 because i LOVE ALL her stories, and reading them gave the courage to post, and even start Choosing my mate. So thank you Kristy1000.
& if you haven't ready any of her stories.... click on her, i'm holding my breath for when "Bond Mates" is no longer on hold. lol (; feel the pressure Kirsty1000!!

Wow, and i mean wow! so many new readers, last night my reading list jumped from 3,000 to 5,000! i had to turn off the volume on my cell cause my email kept telling me i have new fans or cmmts.
i really hope i can keep you at bliss. thanks again.

<3 <3 <3

Choosing My Mate

Chapter 6: Day by Day

Song: Gregory and the Hawk – Stardust.

Riley was impatiently waiting as the phone rang and rang, she couldn’t stand the thought of not getting the information she needed before her mates returned, she didn’t know how long their talk would last, so she wanted to make the most of her alone time with their sensitive hearing was out of reach.

Five.

Six.

She counted the rings, why was her mother taking so long? She asked herself. Just as she was about to hang up and impatiently hit redial she heard a chick.

Riley could hear deep ragged breaths over the phone. “H-hello?”Riley asked pulling the phone away from her ear, to check that she called the right person. She did. The sound of someone starting to talk but unable to get it out, because a soft moan soon replaced their words, Riley felt confused. Who was on the phone and why couldn’t they talk… “Mom?” she asked.

“Riley?” Riley’s mother asked in a short-of-breath-panic tone, trying to hide her moan. “Baby, baby, stop it’s Riley.

Riley heard her fathers agitated growl over the phone. Oh god, Riley thought, oh no, gross, gross, they were, she called when they-,“Riley sweetie I was just about to call you,” Riley could hear the shuffling around of her parents getting situated. “How is everything?”

“I’ll call back later.” Riley said in a rush but before she could push end she heard her mother distant tone but the words were clear.

“Don’t you dare hang up Riley.” Her mother spoke sternly. She heard her father in the background mutter the words ‘c0ck block’ as she pressed the phone back to her ear doing as her mother said. Riley was never one to disobey her parents, but they again how could she with her parents being the alpha’s of the pack. “Derek, “her mother said, as she heard the playful slapping. “It’s not like we’re done.”

“Kill me now.” Riley grumbled. She really didn’t want to her that, or to know that her parents still did that, for all she knew her mother, and father, only did that once, in wolf form to conceive her.

“Oh Riley, stop being so dramatic, you sound like your father.” Her mother chuckled. “now tell me sweetie, are you three all settled in, is the place to your liking?”

“Yes, mom everything’s great thank you,” Riley took in a deep breath knowing this talk with her mother was going to be disturbing. “Um mom dad can’t hear me right?”

“Nope.” She said popping the ‘p’. “He needed to talk a cold shower.” Her mom said snickering. Riley held back her vomit. “Sweetie if you don’t want anyone to hear why didn’t you just link me?”

“Cause dad will feel me let my walls down and try to snoop.”Riley said instantly remembering when she had her first period and was talking to her mom about it through link, and her dad was snooping then, Riley learned how to put up her wall then, and she never took it down, her father claimed it was only to teach her to always keep her walls up, that day she made him promise to never intrude on her own thoughts, but that doesn’t mean she trust him, luckily she can tell when her father is trying to push down her wall, the slight feel of pressure, like the start of a headache, was how she knew it felt.

“Oh this is going to be juicy isn’t it? Hold on let me get comfortable first.” Riley could hear her mother shuffling around excitedly.

“I.. well.. I just have some questions, but.. I don’t know how to ask…” she waited for her mother to help her with her words.

“Sweetie just let me in, your fathers too busy.”

Riley trusted her mother, so she let her walls down, showing her mother images, and feelings she was sharing with her mates, thoughts she had. Riley sent her mother one last emotion confusion.

“I see, so you’re attracted to your mates, sweetie that’s normal.”

“Mom, I can’t control myself, how do I stop my body from acting on its own. I just don’t know what’s wrong with me.”

“Oh Riley, I’m so sorry I guess I didn’t think this through all the way.” Her mother said sounding as if she knew what Riley was going through.

“What?”

“Sweetie, your wolf found her mate, well mates she needs to be claimed.”

“So…?”

“You’re basically in heat.”

“WHAT?”

“Are you menstruating?”

“Well yeah, oh man, oh man, my wolf is trying to get me knocked up?”

“Well yes and no, sense you can’t get pregnant without being marked and having intercourse in wolf form you can’t get pregnant sweetie, but yes your wolf is trying to get you laid.”

“Mom, what do I do?” Riley asked whining.

Her mom gave a chuckle, “Riley you’re a strong girl you have alpha blood in you, you can refrain from having sex until you’re in love,”there was silence for at least a minute, “unless your alpha blood makes it harder for you, it might drive you mad till you give in, either way sweetie, it’s your choice.”

“Mom that’s no help at all!” Riley didn’t refrain from hiding the panic in her voice, Riley heard the muffled sound of the phone being moved, and heard a deep clearing of a throat.

Oh no. Riley thought.

“Riley,” her father said

She could hear her mother in the background asking for forgiveness, claiming her father had snuck up on her.

Riley couldn’t speak, did he just hear everything?

“Riley, I can hear you breathing.” Still nothing on Riley's end, she even held her breath, after his words. “Alright if you won’t speak then I will, baby girl this isn’t just about you,” Riley heard a loud smack, she could only guess her mother gave him a swat. “What I mean is,” she heard him take in a breath. “your choosing the leader of our pack, I’ve gave my time in, when I decided to have you I decided I was close to no longer being alpha of our pack. The fates choose who is strong enough, mature enough, tolerate enough, and companionate enough, to take care of an entire pace. Unfortunately they fates couldn’t decide between either Jason, or Asher, I could see they both have what it takes split between them, the question is who could learn the rest, who could take care of this pack, and mostly who can take care of you.”

Riley took in her father’s words, wondering who really could do all those things, she had no idea.

“As for mating with them, seeing as you’ve already made it over 24 hours without havening sex I think you’re stronger than you think. Who knows maybe you need to drive the car before you buy it?”

Riley froze. Sucking in a deep breath but choking on it, who chokes on air Riley thought as she coughed it out.

“Oh come on,” her father’s voice sounded distant now.

“Riley sweetie, your father’s right, well about the pack thing, not about the trying before you buy, even though it sounds- “ she cut herself off “I can’t believe I’m telling you this, Riley it’s common for mates to finish the mating proses without being in love, your father and I didn’t waist anytime with it.”

Riley felt that sick feeling again.

“Now I’m not saying go for it, It’d be nice tell your children you waited for love first.”

“mom I can’t.” she croaked out, Riley knows that having intercourse with even one of her mates would ruin their whole friendship, this whole two mates thing is already ruining their friendship, she felt, in the end she has to choose one and basically tell the other she didn’t feel they were alpha/mate material.

“I know sweetie, I can feel how hard this is for you.”

Riley felt her eyes beginning to water, why? She thought, why did the fates do this to her. Not only is she losing a friend in the end her mate will be losing a brother, she knows neither Ash, nor Jace will stay behind after she chooses one. Who would want to see their mate every day and know they couldn’t have them.

“Mom,” Riley sniffled and wiped her eyes. “I’m going to take a shower, and head down for dinner; I’ll talk to you soon, ok? Thank you.”

“You’re welcome sweetie, I love you.” He mother said sweetly.

With that Riley hung up and headed for the shower.

***

As Ash and Jace watched their mate head into their new home, they felt a sting of guilt know that she was headed into the house alone just to give them a few minutes to talk, but they both knew this subject needed to be discussed.

Waiting an extra minute to make sure they didn’t hear any ruckus in the house Ash turned to Jace.

“Alright if you’re going to hit me then get it over with already.” Ash said stretching out his arms give Jace a free shot.

“I told you, I’ not going to fight you.”

“Alright so what kind of revenge are you thinking? I swear if I find a rattle snake in my room again –“

Ash was cut off, “no revenge, I’m not mad Ash.”

“Yeah you’re pissed. I crossed a line, so come on take your shot.”

“Will you shut up and listen,” Jace said swatting his brother on the back of his dead. “This isn’t about us it’s about Riley; it’s always been about Riley.” Jace almost yelled at his brother.

Ash winced, and began rubbing the place Jace just smacked. “You think I don’t know that?” Ash yelled, “You think from the first day I laid eyes on her, my every thought hasn’t been about her?”

“I know what you think,” Jace growled, he re thought his approach; he isn’t looking for a fight with his brother. “I think it too,” he said in a softer tone, “but things are different now, now it’s her choice.”

“I know.” Ash said rubbing his face in his hands, then running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

“I don’t know how to deal with this, it was never an option for us to try to win her over, I don’t know what to do, and I don’t want to hurt her.”

“Then don’t hurt her. Don’t take off with another girl, be there for her.”

“I’m always there for her, you know that.” Jace couldn’t keep back his growl. Realizing his mistake again he softened his tone. “She never comes to me; she always comes to you, for everything, it was just easier to keep the distance.”

“Not everything, when there was a monsters under her bed, she didn’t come to me, she came to you. When Ryan Kurtz spread that roomer about their secret bl0jo0b session and wanted him to pay for it, she didn’t come to me, she came to you.”

“Yeah don’t you see it, she sees me as her bodyguard, not her boyfriend or mate.”

“Not bodyguard, Jace she sees you as someone who can protect her, you don’t see the pride she shows when she tells people you’re her best friend.”

Jace could only nod his head, his brother was right, they all were best friends. “This must be killing her.”

“Yeah so we need to make this easy on her, no fighting.”

“I didn’t fight you, I wasn’t mad” Jace said trying to convince his brother, but he knew the whole truth would convince him more. “In fact it didn’t bother me at all, seeing her give in to her urges was kind of pleasing to see.” Jace said making eye contact with his broth to show him he wasn’t afraid to admit it. “What about this morning, when I was going to kiss her?”

Ash had to think about it, “It was actually kind of cute seeing her fighting herself.” Ash smiled at the memory.

“I don’t know what to think of this.” Jace stated

“Neither do I.”

It felt like forever till one of them spoke again, Ash was the one to break the silence.

“We need to spend time with her, one on one, without the other.” Ash said staring at the house wondering what would be best for Riley.

“Ok,” Jace said nodding liking the idea, but needing more clarification, “no fighting, no forcing, nothing that will upset her,” Jace watched as Ash nodded along agreeing with everything he listed, but there was one last question. “What about the kissing?”

“If seeing it bothers one of us at any time, link the other, I’ll back off.”

Jace nodded, hopping he’d be able to back off, he honestly didn’t know how Ash could stop kissing her earlier, but he’s right it would only make things harder for Riley if they fought over kissing her. “So how do we arrange this? I would like to go on a run with her in the morning, if that’s ok?”

Ash thought about it for a while and nodded. “Yeah, sure I want to take her into town, you know get to know the place, maybe pick up some stuff.”

“Alright, so how about in the mornings from breakfast till lunch Riley and I can have our time, and from Lunch till Dinner you and Riley, can have your time, then after Dinner we all relax together.”

“That’s actually a really good idea, Jace. We should run it by Riley so she doesn’t feel we’re doing things behind her back.”

Ash and Jace shook hands in agreement, and started to head to the house, feeling the urge to have Riley close by them once again.When arriving at the door, they were both able to hear the shower still running, but Jace didn’t attempt to enter, Ash looked back in confusion.

“I just want to scope out the area, for tomorrow make sure it’s safe.”

“Good idea, I’ll start dinner. I’m sure she’s hungry by now.”

Nodding in agreement, they took off to their tasks at hand.

<3 <3 <3

A/N
i know my stories are already long, so i stopped here, sorry it's kind of a cliff hanger, but i'm already half way through with Chapter 7. I LOVE LOVE LOVE all my Fan's and Readers, Please VOTE and CMMT i honestly take it to heart.

So... question, have you ever dated your bff? how did it end? has it ended, was your friendship ruined?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

553K 12.5K 29
Taylor Greenwood only had two friends; the alphas son and her twin brother. When the future alpha turns eighteen, two things will happen: he will be...
5.2K 198 39
*Now rated Mature because of final chapter* In a world where shifters live on reservations and cater to the human's whims, there are also advantages...
648K 21.9K 59
In a world where werewolves no longer have fated mates, Blake wants someone who she knows will be there for her unconditionally. But she also wants h...
20.6K 841 27
Sequel to the alphas human daughter 14 years later Brooklynn is all grown up and doing the typical teen age girl things. Miracle is over protective...