Fate Of The Twelve (Completed)

By thebadgirl05

Completed 'Big sister... I'm scared.' A little one whispered as we hid in a cramped alley, trying to escap... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Blacker than the night
Chapter 2: Portal
Chapter 3: Trouble
Chapter 4: the council
Chapter 5: first day
Chapter 6: Dumb
Chapter 7: the fallen
Chapter 8: Collapse
Chapter 9: Battle Start
Chapter 10: Battle for the throne
Chapter 11: Demon
Chapter 12: Oh no
Chapter 13: Earth
Chapter 14: Fall
Chapter 15: Generals
Chapter 16: encounter
Chapter 17:
Chapter 18: Unravel
Chapter 19: Nightmare
Chapter 20: white
Chapter 21: Visit
Chapter 22: please let me
Chapter 23: amidst the palm
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25: Zephyr's Best friend
Chapter 27: Waking up
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29: A dip in the 'pool'
Chapter 30: not again!
Chapter 31: scary kid
Chapter 32: Agony
Chapter 33: Painful goodbye
Chapter 34: fly
Chapter 35: Idris
Chapter 36: Snowmen
Chapter 37: Shall we?
Chapter 38: Imperial King
Chapter 39:
Chapter 40:
Chapter 41:
Chapter 42: cave?
Chapter 43:
Chapter 44: the demon queen
Chapter 45: heart beat
Chapter 46: not over yet
Chapter 48: Reflection
Chapter 49: the void
Chapter 50: Carving
Chapter 51: depart
Chapter 52: Captain Sparrow
Chapter 53: Three pairs
Chapter 54: Unicorn blood and Phoenix tears
Chapter 55: Sleep
Chapter 56: forgiveness
Chapter 57: yet another revelation
Chapter 58: merpeople
Chapter 59: visitor
Chapter 60: attacked

Chapter 26: Trapped

132 27 0
By thebadgirl05

       "Alfreed! Wake up!" My eyes fluttered open in annoyance because of someone who dared ruin my sleep. How dare her or him? Can't they see someone's sleeping?

       "What is it now Violet---- What the fvck?" I spat when I saw where we were and what situation we were in. I stood up immediately and looked around. We were in a white room, everything was white it was hurting my eyes.

       And I hated the place since, the smell of medicines and chemicals from who knows where wafted under my nose.

        I tried to walk on further to explore when I hit something and I yelped in pain as I jumped back and rubbed my head.

       "Careful Alfreed, there's an invisible barrier they set up there." Leo said and I grimaced.

       "You should've told me earlier." I mumbled under my breath as I rubbed my forehead.

       "Thank you." was Leo's snark response and I snarled as I looked outside.

         I could see nothing but white and a single metal door. Okay, I officially hate this place.

        I felt around myself and through my clothes but found out that my set of blades under my coat weren't present at all and I now turned to the others. Now I'm simply defenseless and unarmed, of course except for my abilities.

        So basically, Leo, Kevin, Violet, Rex, Cyan and the unconscious Harumi were here with me... but... where are the others? I hope they're fine.

        "We don't know." Rex stated as if reading my mind. I made a worried face when I remembered something.

       "Tell me I was dreaming that Harumi and I tried to kill Ryouta and Antoinette." I begged when a scene flashed in my mind. I could still remember it.

        That feeling that I didn't own my body and that I was only trapped inside, my body moving on it's own and fighting the people that were none other than my friends and comrades.

        The second ranker sighed as he tried to stand up only to fall back down again and the others rushed to him with worry on their faces.

      "Sorry to break it up to you but actually, you and Harumi were the reason we surrendered. They had you. Worse than that, Mikael was in the same state as you were and he stabbed Cyan." Leo informed and I took a sharp intake of breath.

       This can't be happening;. What the heck is even going on?!

       "Don't move too much brat. You're hurt.  Wait for Harumi to wake up and heal you before you decide to move around." Cyan spat and the second ranker glared at the latter.

        "Oh now I wish I hadn't healed you earlier. Damn it." The second ranker rambled and Cyan frowned.

        "Wait... If Mikaela was also captured, where is he?" I asked while Cyan helped the second ranker sit in a more comfortable position, his back leaning against the wall as he closed his eyes tiredly.

        "We don't know. The guts. They actually lured us out and we thought wrong. Their main objective then was capture Mikaela and turn him against us as their trump card." Violet said through clenched teeth as she paced around.

        "Why don't we just break out of here then?" I asked with my eyebrows knotted and they shook their heads. I mean, we can't just sit around here and do nothing knowing nothing of where they brought Mikaela right?

         "We underestimated the humans. We don't know how in Arsland they were able to create stuffs to suppress our powers. As of the moment, as long as that barrier is around us, we can't break out and as good as powerless." Cyan explained and I huffed as I turned to the invisible barrier they were talking about.

        When I kicked it as hard as I could, I only ended up jumping back in pain that the kick caused as I jumped up and down, cursing under my breath and clutching the foot I used in the stupid stunt.

        "It's no use Alfreed. We tried to do everything but to no vain. Worst case scenario, we can't use our powers. Rex was only left with his healing ability, other than that, everyone here is powerless." Violet said while shaking her head and I glared.

         Don't tell me I can't summon fire....

        "I told you already. Everyone is powerless, we're also cut from the world outside, Violet tried her telepathy to tap on the others but simply can't." Leo said with a sigh when I tried to stubbornly summon fire.

         "Last hope is, Ryouta, Muriel, Leirum and Antoinette. Til' then, we can only seat back and wait even if I'm itching to rip humans to shreds."

        "That ain't the problem guys. Harumi needs to wake up soon and heal Rex before the first ranker sees him in that state or this city will be really doomed." Leo stated and everyone sweat dropped.

         Reminder: Leirum's punishment to anyone who hurts one of his beloved best friends is doomed to die. And that said... we're in trouble.

        "Harumi!!!!! Wake up and save us from dying early!"

-------------

      Death seems to be smiling upon us as we stared wide-eyed at the eleven year old kid's display of his power and might.

        And before we could even absorb what just happened, we suddenly found ourselves on ground the next second, in front of a school gate... the school Leirum and I once visited to be specific.

        "Now, I hope none of you will dare piss me off at the moment okay?" the kid asked with a sweet innocent smile and Antoinette shrieked in fright as she hid behind me, shaking like a leaf.

       Okay, she was completely scared off the kid and I don't plan on denying that. I was dead scared at the kid. He's sickly sweet smile is only sending me off on edge but....

       "Oh my gosh! You are soooo cute!!!!!!!" I shrieked out and hugged him as I nuzzled my cheek against his.

         I swear, he's the most adorable kid I've ever seen besides Kevin and Rex. My Gosh! If all kids were like this in Azeroth, I would love to be there even with their scary personalities so long as I can hug them and pinch their cheeks.

        My weakness are children that are adorable and cute, and well, this kid is beyond that!

       "Letshh meee goosshhhh! Ouchhh!" the little boy whined as I pinched his cheeks. I didn't want to, but his cheeks were already so red and it seems that he's hurt so I let go.

        "I thought you were just a damned brat at first but kyaaahhhh! You're so adorable I want to keep you!" I giggled as I gave him a bear hug.

        "Right now, I'm too tired to beat you up, be thankful I am, now, just don't ever call me cute or I'll incinerate me. Now let me go." The kid ordered and I was forced to back away with the threat in his voice.

       "No fair." I pouted as I crossed my arms.

       "This world is really crazy." We turned at the first ranker who was sighing there like there was no tomorrow as he rubbed his temple and turned to look at the school.

        "So tell me why we are here now---Who the hell are you anyway?" The first ranker blankly asked at the eight year old kid who was looking around.

         "Shingu Del Roussailes is the name. We're here because I can feel Harumi's faint presence here." The kid answered and I threw a glance at Leirum who gave a cold smile which looked a little amused.

        Del Rousailes? That name is damn familiar but I can't put my finger on it. When and where did I hear and read it? Antoinette was same us me, frowning and searching her mind for the last name by the looks of it.

         "So you're the silver king's rumored missing son." the first ranker said and I gaped at the name that I read first thing in a book.

        "You are the son of the King of the Highest Kingdom?!"

---------

        "All done." Harumi, the green headed girl said as everyone else breathed a sigh of relief and Rex began fixing his shirt. Now nobody will have to worry of the first ranker blowing up. However, there's no guarantee that he won't blow up this city either.

       Harumi fidgeted. She can feel her shamrach, his maker. But right now, she still didn't want to leave. Two years and 365 days was long, but then, she met the twelve, she lived. Something that she never got to experience in her next life.

       "Harumi?" Alfreed asked concernedly when she saw tears fall from the tenth ranker's eyes. Harumi looked up, surprised by the tears that fell from her eyes just the thought of leaving these guys. She grew to love them... she grew to love living...

       She despised life, despised God, she despised why she had to be one of those who didn't get the chance to live old enough to enjoy life even though the world was said to be a cruel place filled with sadness and pain.

       She despised God for the fate she had to went through...

      Her chest tightened as she looked at her friend's worried faces. It hurts... Just the thought of leaving them hurts...

      "Harumi? What's wrong?" Violet asked softly as she held the girl's hand. She was confused as to why her friend was crying all of a sudden, that pained expression on her face.

      "So he's here." Rex stated, making everyone turn to him as he stood up and looked at the door outside the barrier, a blank expression on his young face.

        Harumi looked up at the second ranker, surprised as to how the second ranker knew.

       "Yes..." The green headed girl said softly. Looking back down at her hand which was held by Violet and the tears only multiplied as she buried her face in her palms and cried. She didn't want to go. Not when she grew close to the twelve.

        "You two, no, Cyan included. You three have to tell us what the three of you are talking about." Alfreed demanded---no, more like threatened as the silent fifth cyan haired ranker sighed and leaned against the wall.

        "Harumi's shamrach is here." The fifth ranker stated and everyone "huh?!"-ed.

        "Long story short. That someone used something like necromancy and summoned Harumi's soul. For whatever reason, we don't know. But one thing for sure is, her shamrach's arrival only means that Harumi needs to go soon because their contract is nearing it's end." The fifth ranker elaborated.

         Everyone, aside from Cyan and Rex looked at the crying Harumi, their minds blank from what they heard, a bad feeling overcoming them.

        "What do you mean she has to go?!" Violet asked in an almost angry tone as Cyan looked away and Rex took the turn of explaining.

       "Her soul... needs to go back from where it belongs. She died but her shamrach made a contract with her and she lived again. In other words, she will completely cease." the eleven year old kid said and Alfreed wasted no time in grabbing the kid by the collar and shaking him.

        "She'll die?! Are you kidding me?! Stop kidding around, it's not funny." The red head spat but the kid just stared back at her blankly.

        "Who said I was?"

        Everyone grew quite as Alfreed slowly set the kid down again and she sat down on the floor, her face buried in her palms as Harumi's cries resounded inside the place.

        The others on the other hand, only managed then to absorb everything that was said only now and they shook their heads in disbelief. It wasn't possible. Harumi has to go?! This has to be a joke or hell will break free.

        "I'm sorry I never told you guys. I just didn't want to talk about it... Truth be told, I have no right to cry right now, if anything, I should be happy, I should thank my shamrach." Everyone looked at Harumi who was now smiling at them even though her tears were falling, they knew she was hurting that's why they were pained to see her smiling still.

      "But---" Alfreed tried to protest but Harumi just shook her head.

     "I only served my shamrach in return of him letting me experience how to be alive. He gave me the chance to see this world which I never got to do in my past life... In my past life, I was just a baby inside a womb, time came and I was destined to die on the day of my birth after a few hours of living..." the six silently listened to her as she continued talking.

         "I died... And because of that, my soul despised God, I despised life. I found myself in a void, trapped in a world where souls who couldn't accept their fate went to... That was until my shamrach summoned my soul from the void... We made the contract. I got the chance to live. He gave me the opportunity to meet you guys..."

          "I finally experienced to see the world, live and not just exist, I experienced having a wonderful life for almost three years because of you guys... I finally can still thank God for what happened even though I admit that He's still unfair to me." Harumi said and chuckled only to stop when the others crushed her in a group hug.

        The only ones who didn't were the second and fifth ranker who just watched them. Harumi's eyes teared up again as she hugged the others, smiling while she did so.

        "But we don't want you to go Harumi." Kevin cried and hugged the green head tightly as the girl smiled and cupped his face.

        "I have to go Kevin. I can't stay here any longer. Besides, I will leave you physically but you have to know that I will always be up there and looking out for you. Even if I have to return to that void, at least I got to meet you guys." The girl said as she kissed Kevin's forehead and hugged him.

        "You guys won't forget me will you?" Harumi asked and everyone gave their own reactions.

        "Never!"

        "How could we?!"

       "How could we when you served to be our ever-loving mother-like friend?!"

        Harumi chuckled and smiled, her love for them only growing stronger as she heard the words that came from them and warmed her up inside.

        "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!" Everyone stopped when they heard a shout from outside the doors.

        "Is that..." Violet trailed off as Cyan pushed himself away from the wall and touched the barrier, scowling and glaring at no one in particular.

         "That's Ryouta's voice." Leo continued what Violet didn't finish and everyone stood up, heading to the boundary of the barrier, anxiety gripping their hearts.

         Another agonized shout was heard and the others could completely make out the pain in the scream as they began pounding and kicking the barrier.

         "Get us the fvck out of here and don't touch Ryouta with your filthy fingers you humans!" Alfreed shouted, punching the barrier desperately and trying to break it but to no vain. It was useless.

        Violet clenched her fists, feeling helpless like the others because their powers were gone at the moment. Ryouta's scream ceased but it only made them worry all the more. Those scientists were surely behind this, and when they get out of this place, the scientists should consider themselves dead then.

---------

        "Hey. You're name is Mikaela right? Why don't you come out here already, I'm the only one awake and it's unfair!" An eight year old kid's voice echoed inside the dark chamber, his tone sad and lonely.

       The kid had blue long hair and strange pink eyes, his lips forming a pout as he sat cross legged in front of a pit like hole, golden liquid filling the hole on the floor as bubbles burst at the surface every now and then.

        It wasn't the only one here in this place though, every one meter apart, their were similar holes, twice as wide enough to fit a fat adult inside. Each one contained someone, and it was unfair since he was the only one awake yet and he was rather lonely.

        That's why everyday, when they were finished with him, he would often come here with a book, said hi to everyone present there and  read to his sleeping friends even though he knew he wouldn't get any response from them any time soon.

      The bluenette looked around and pouted. He has no one to play or talk with, everyone else was asleep. He sighed and was about to go away when he saw a ripple on the surface of the golden liquid.

        "Mikaela?" the blue headed boy asked as he leaned forward and expected. A second later and he smiled when he saw a hand, covered with golden liquid emerging from the surface and he immediately took the hand and carefully pulled his new friend out from there.

        Someone with silver long hair popped his head up and Mikaela smiled once again as he pulled the silver headed boy who had fiery red eyes and helped him sit down on the cold marble floor, not minding if he became wet of the golden liquid dripping from the boy.

       "You're Mikaela right? That's what I hear that they call you. Are you completely awake now?" Mikaela asked with a smile as the other boy looked at him, his mouth not opening as he stared at the one whose voice woke him up before he shivered at the cold air that hit his bare skin.

       He wasn't wearing any clothes, his long hair stuck to the skin of his back as he sat there, looking at the blue headed boy and not talking as the other one kept on talking about something he didn't understand.

        "Oh yeah, you need to wear clothes because it's cold down here, give me a moment and I'll grab you some clothes and probably something to eat so wait here alright?" The silver headed boy said as he took off and didn't even bother to give the other boy a chance to speak.

        Not minding if he was naked or not, Mikaela stood up and looked around. The room was  dark, he saw circular holes on the floor, filled with golden liquid just like the one from where he came from.

       What was this place? Where am I? Who am I and what am I doing here?

       Those were the questions that ran through the bluenette's head as he slowly walked around the place. The boy earlier called him Mikaela, was that his name? Why can't he remember anything?

        How long was he asleep? Why was he here?

       Mikaela felt so confused as he walked around. He felt weak and his legs were protesting with every step he took but he didn't mind as he kept on walking around, wondering about everything and questions swirling in his mind.

        "Mikaela! I'm here!" he heard the boy from earlier and he looked around, finding the other boy at the other end of the room and waving a him, some clothes in his hands and a plate of bread in his hand as he smiled and beckoned him to walk over to where the blue head was.

        Mikaela could feel his mouth water at the sight of food. He was hungry and he knew it. He just nodded and slowly made his way towards the other boy who walked behind a stone column and sat there.

        The blue headed boy who looked the same age as him sat down and gave him clothes to wear as he complied and did so anyway before he sat down next to the boy when the other asked him to and gave him bread which he immediately started eating.

       'Hey." He turned his head and looked questioningly at the blue headed boy.

      "I'm Ryouta, you're Mikaela, and from now on, you are my friend."

------------

       >3> I felt so sleepy while writing this chapter. Ugh, I'm always sleepy anyway. Ah, whatever.

       Anyway, please vote, comment and follow.

       The next chapter will be about Ryouta and Mikaela's past for you to understand why Ryouta was acting weird in the earlier chapters or whatsoever.

        -thebadgirl05 at your service ^_~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 79 29
"Cora..." I say with an annoyed tone. I throw her arms off my waist, and grab a hold of Claire's hand. She gives Claire a distasteful look then looks...
2.9M 99.1K 57
Book One in the My Mate Series - "Elijah," Alexander calls in this terrifying voice. I know it's dangerous but I ignore him, I keep my eyes shut and...
316K 10.1K 23
Hello Everyone! Just a quick note to say that I am editing this book and I am making the chapters a little bit longer. If some chapters don't make se...
29.1K 574 8
You didn't want to be here, in these endless hallways of closed doors. You didn't need to help the creature that tried to kill you. You certainly di...