PREVIEW ONLY: HTWF (Falling W...

By iheartbrownies

****THIS BOOK IS BEING PUBLISHED on JULY 18TH. As such, this book is only 3 pages as a preview. You can buy t... More

How The Warrior Fell
1) Leawyn
IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE
VOTE PREORDER

2) Xavier

162K 3.5K 351
By iheartbrownies

A/N: Credit for the picture goes to ImperialPrincess

XLXLXLXLXLLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLXLX

Xavier stared out at the village before him as he sat atop of his stallion, his emotionless face giving nothing away of the disgust that he was feeling. He and his party, which consisted of his soldiers, as well as some of his advisors, and few of the tribe people traveled with him to meet with the Roxolani's chief and his daughter.The daughter, that was to become his wife.

Xavier held back his sigh, as he sat higher in his seat, his strong, broad shoulders taking up the air around his as he did so. Xavier did not want to be married, seeing it a waste of time. He was not the type of man to settle down, preferring the freedom of battle. But, being chief meant protecting his village and the demand of breeding heirs was a priority.  At thirty-two, Xavier was the strongest and most fierce soldier in Izayges history, having never lost a battle in his life.

 He was a force in himself, sweeping fear throughout all of Samaria, as well as around the land. The few that managed to escape his wrath spreading rumors about the God of Death in the battlefield.  A man who seemed to cut down his enemy so brutally, so swift, that only a immortal could do it so effortlessly. He has never lost a battle, and leaves no prisoners.

To some, Xavier was the great Erra, god of death and war.

And he was getting married.

Xavier's eyes narrowed as his party got closer to the little tribe that was the Roxolani's. Their huts he could see, was made of mostly dark sand, with straw and seaweed roofs. It was small, the smell of the ocean heavy around it, and the people light in every aspect. It was nothing like his tribe, which was big and crude. Their huts made of hard tree bark and their roof of animal skins, and his people had an air of danger around them, they did not give off the friendly aurra that the Roxolani's or the Aorsi gave.

It was no wonder that the last marriage between his tribe and the Roxolani's didn't work out.

Xavier held back his grin, before turning his head to look at his second in command Tristan, who also happened to be his younger brother. Though, if you were to look at them you wouldn't be able to see the resemblance.

"We make haste to the village. I want to arrive when there is yet sunlight." Xavier ordered shortly to Tristan, taking in the other mans' nod of understanding before kicking his horse into a gallop, the rest of them following his lead.

It was time to meet his Wife.

**

They arrived just a few hours before the sun was to make way for the moon, as Xavier's horse skid to a stop in front of a big, blonde man. The man lifted his arms in welcome, a smile stretching across his chubby face.

"Ah! Welcome Chief Xavier, to Roxolani!" The man shouted merrily. "I am Bors, Chief of this tribe." Bors said again, hitting himself in the chest and tilting his head in greeting.

Xavier stared down at the man passively, swinging off his horse and landing on his feet beside the man.

"Our horses need hay and water. I will need to see your daughter before we marry. I have business to attend too, we will not be able to stay long." Xavier said, staring at Bors through the fringe of his hair as he passed his reins to Tristan, who was standing next to him just as passive.

Bors seemed a bit put off by the dismissal of his greeting, his expression slipping before he caught himself, his smile appearing on his face again. "Of course, we will make sure all is taken care of." Bors promised, turning to look behind him he motioned a few boys to come over to them.

"These men will take your horses to the stables for you." The boys ran up to the them, as one tried to take hold of the reins, he found his wrist quickly snatched, before he could touch them.

The boy looked up at the man in fear, as Bors looked to Xavier in shock. Xavier stared back at Bors as he held the boys wrist. "We prefer to take care of our own horses," Xavier explained, "If the boys can just show us where we may board them."  

Bors gave a nervous nod, signaling for them to show them the way. Xavier released the wrist he was holding, not giving the boy another glance as he rushed past him to follow the others. Tristan walked past him, leading both his, and Xavier's horse.  Xaviers eyes followed him for a moment before they cut back to Bors. Bors, who didn't look as jolly as he was before, instead he seemed nervous, probably because he is just realizing what he's gotten himself into.  Xavier held in his grin.

"Your daughter?" Xavier reminded Bors.

Bors snapped to attention, he looked at Xavier giving him a smile that didn't quite match his eyes. "Yes of course, she is this way." Bors said, holding his hand out towards the house that was stationed at the very top of the hill. "Come, I will take you to her." Xavier nodded, walking pass Bors to the house he was pointing him too. Bors quickly ran after him, all the while thinking, what has he gotten his daughter into?

**

Leawyn stared down at herself in the basin of water; her sea blue eyes taking in her sun blonde hair fell around her heart shaped face in thick, lush waves that stooped just above her hips. She reached up to touch her smooth cheek that was a natural rosy red, trailing down to her pale pink lips. The tip of her fingers touching her slightly more luscious bottom lip, sliding the hand down her chin before dropping it completely. She sighed, swiping her hand through the basin to erase her reflection before turning away.

She snapped her head up, hearing the sound of footfalls coming towards her room a second before the flap was swung aside and in stepped her father and betrothed. She gasped softly when his brown eyes met hers, feeling her body tense. He kept his merciless eyes focused on her as he stood to his full height, broad shoulders spread wide against his broad chest, and thick arms bunched with muscles rested again his sides, as he stood with his feet apart. The rumors she heard revolving around this man was all truths, Leawyn realized, because looking at him now all she could think was danger.

She looked over at her farther as his voice suddenly broke the silence, though she could still feel the heavy weight of his gaze on her. "Leawyn, this is your betrothed Xavier," Bors said nervously, glancing at Xavier before looking at her again. "Chief of the Izayges."

Leawynn looked to Xavier again, the heat of his gaze making  her uncomfortable, she lowered her head dipping her body in greeting. "Chief Xavier." She murmured softly, keeping her eyes towards the ground.

Xavier stood there and studied the creature in front of him, raking his eyes up and down her body slowly. She was smaller than most girls, with a small waist that flared out just slightly, her sun blonde curls that reached just above her hips glowed brighter in the candle light, as her thick eyelashes surrounding the light blue eyes, that instantly caught his attention.  Her lips were pouty and luscious, the bottom one more so than the top one, with high cheekbones that were a light rosy color.

She was beautiful, and she was going to be all his.

"Leave us." Xavier demanded gruffly, his voice deeper, causing the demand to come out more of a growl. Leaywn felt her eyes widen, shooting to look up at her father in fear, giving him a slightly pleading look.

Bors shifted uncomfortably, he nodded his head briskly. "Of course." He bowed to Xavier, and giving his daughter one last apologetic look he turned and lifted open the flap before ducking through and disappearing beneath it and out to the other side.

Leaywn instantly lowered her eyes back to the ground, feeling her chest tighten with dread as she closed her eyes against the feeling.  She heard him move closer to her, and she took a halting breath against the nervousness that seems to choke her and keep her frozen.

"Tell me your name, girl." He demanded gruffly, staring down at her small form standing just a breath away from her. Leawyn felt herself bristle slightly at the tone, he didn't ask-he demanded, but she kept herself in check by taking in another deep breath.

"Leawyn." She answered softly, proud that her voice didn't come out as shaky as she thought it would.

Xavier continued to look down at her emotionless, but he felt the irritation of her eyes not on his own flow through him. Her eyes should always be on him whenever he was in the room with her. The possessive knowledge of her having only eyes on him rushed through him, causing his expressionless twist into an angry scowl.

"Look at me." He growled lowly, and when her eyes didn't meet his fast enough he reached down and grasped her chin and forced her to look at him. "Your gaze will always meet my own, "He told her, staring down at her wide eyes, "You will not look at anyone else when I am beside you, you will only have eyes for me do you understand me?" He watched as the fear in her eyes flashed into annoyance.

"Shall I call you master while I'm at it?" Leawyn asked sarcastically, looking at him mockingly. She wasn't prepared for the sharp jerk that he gave her chin, forcing her to tilt her face up higher to his as she gave a little gasp of pain.

"I don't appreciate the attitude Leawyn, you will do well to remember who exactly you're talking too and  respect me." Xavier growled down at her, jerking her chin up higher causing a whimper of pain to escape from her as she continued to look into his eyes.

"Now, do you understand?" He asked again, when she went to give a nod he tightened his grip on her chin. "The words, I want the word."

"Yes!" Leawyn gasped out against his tight hold on her chin, staring up at him with wide frightened eyes,

"Yes, I understand!" She stumbled back and rubbed her aching jaw as he let go of her abruptly. She took a few steps away from him hastily; trying to blink back the tears of pain and fear that clouded her eyes.

"How old are you?" Xavier asked again, allowing her to create some space between them, following her with his eyes.

"E-eighteen summers" She stuttered, looking up at him nervously. She knew that he was much older than her, and the knowledge that she was expected to marry him made her stomach clench with sickness but she knew that some girls younger then herself were married to much older men than he, a thought less than comforting.  

Xavier studied the girl in front of him again, cause she was in actuality a girl, a child compared to him. Though, knowing that, all he felt was pleasure.  Pleasure for having the girl that will only belong to him, someone who would be healthy enough to bare him enough heirs to keep his tribe protected.  And she will be giving them to him, come their wedding night. Xavier felt a thrill go through him, though he's been with his fair share of women, none of them made him feel this feeling of possessiveness he felt of Leawyn, the need to dominate her and make her his so strong that it had his jaw clenching.

"We will be married tonight."

Leawyn's body tensed in shock, the icy cold feeling of dread washing over her, as she felt her heart stutter to a stop and she choked on a surprised gasp.

"What?" She gasped out, gaping at him. "No! We can't!" She shook her head desperately, as the feeling of panic came over her. Get married tonight? No.

She still had one more day left, they were suppose to get married tomorrow, not tonight. She can't live with this man! This possessive, domineering man, who doesn't care if he hurts her, this man that doesn't know how to be gentle.

No. Leawyn shook her head, she couldn't marry this man. She wouldn't.

"I won't marry you." Leawyn said suddenly, her brows creasing as she stared up at him in determination, even if her voice wasn't as strong. Xavier stiffened, every muscle in his body bunched as his eyes cut to hers. Leawyn swallowed against the urge to run as she edged away from him when she caught the dangerous glint that entered his eyes. The glint was that of a predator that caught sight of its prey, right before it was going to attack. She had a feeling that the prey was her.

"What did you say?" He asked softly, his voice silky as it dripped with promised danger as he took slow, measured steps towards her.

Leawyn gulped, but lifted her chin in defiantly, staring at him in the eyes with more bravery than she felt.  "I will not marry you." Leawyn repeated, backing away from him as he continued to step forward towards her.

Xavier shook his head, his icy eyes never leaving hers as he matched her retreated steps with his own. "I'll ask you one more time, what did you?

"I refuse to mar-"

Xaviers eyes flashed furiously, his arm shooting out and wrapping around the back of her neck in a vice like grip, using his other hand he gripped her chin brutally, forcing her to look into his eyes.

"You will become my wife Leawyn." He warned her harshly. He leaned in even further, rubbing his cheek against hers. "And come our wedding night I find out you let another man between your legs," Leawyn could only emit a soft gasp of pain as Xavier's grip around her neck squeezed tighter.

"I'll kill you." He whispered softly into her ear. He drew back slightly, his lips brushing over Leawyn's as he looked into her eyes. He gave a short humourless laugh as she sucked in a sharp breath.

How had her life come to this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7M 38.9K 65
"You want daddy to f*ck you, hard and rough then reward you with his c*m, is that it, little slut?!" "Yes, Daddy" * MONALISA I thought I had a probl...
1.4M 78.4K 80
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
3M 123K 58
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
1.4M 94.1K 186
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...