The Norsemen (Editing)

By BajanBelle

Disclaimer: This story is NOT based on the MARVEL universe. The Asgardians are based on Norse mythology and e... More

Chapter 1: Midgard
Chapter 2: Not a Myth
Chapter 3: Shopping
Chapter 4: Date
Chapter 5: I'm dating Thor.
Chapter 6: Crush
Chapter 7: Knowing you
Chapter 8: Loki
Chapter 9: Asgard
Chapter 10: Banquet
Minor Update
Chapter 11: Who was she?
Chapter 12: Asgardian Mornings
Chapter 13: Encounters, encounters, encounters.
Chapter 14 - Do I Love Him?
Chapter 15 - Scared?
Chapter 16 - Secrets.
Chapter 17 - A New Day in Asgard
Chapter 18: What If?
Chapter 19: The Return of the King
Chapter 20: Daughter of Ullr.
Chapter 22: Family
Chapter 23: The Son of Nanna and Baldr
Chapter 24: The Five
Chapter 25: The Truth
Chapter 26: Training
Chapter 27: The Prophecy
Chapter 28: Legacy

Chapter 21: Goddess

629 29 4
By BajanBelle

Kaylee:

"Why is she glowing?"

I heard Renee asking as I felt myself going lightheaded. I dropped the fruit and held my head as I felt the dizziness kick in.

"Stop shouting!" I yell at her.

I felt Thor come up behind me holding my waist as I fall back into him.

"What's wrong with me?" I looked at my hands hyperventilating, "I look like something out of Twilight."

"Your powers are awakening," Thor held me tightly, "you're burning up! We need to get you to Sjofn."

He picked me up and walked towards the castle.

"What's going to happen to her?"

I hear William's voice as I go out of consciousness.

..............................

"She's awake now."

Sjofn said nonchalantly as I opened my eyes to her standing over me with a wooden staff.

"What happened?"

"Your body was adjusting to your powers. Looks like they're stronger than expected." She put the staff back on the mantel, "I had to use Yggdrasil to heal you."

"Heal me?" I gaped at her, "Why?"

"When you ate the fruit all of the powers activated at once..." She crossed her arms. "It was too much for your body to handle all of a sudden."

"So what happens to her now?" William walked up to her, "What are her powers?"

"I don't know." She shook her head, "Only Kaylee or an oracle would know that."

"But I don't..." I sighed, "Where can we find an oracle?"

"There's Freya," Thor suggested, "but we'll have to go to Fólkvangr, and that's no easy task."

"Are you crazy?" Sjofn glared at him, "There's no way you're going to the afterlife, not right now."

"Why would you suggest that?" I gaped at him angrily, "Isn't there anyone else?"

"Only Odin." He sighed.

"Okay. Then I'll take my chances with him."

"Can't we just wait and see?" Renee held me back, "You don't know how Odin's going to take this."

"Take what?"

I gasped as Odin's powerful voice overtook the room.

Sjofn bowed to him and walked out.

"What's the meaning of this?" He raised a brow at us.

"Kaylee ate the fruit."

Thor stood up on his guard.

"It was only a matter of time." Odin took my hand. "Did you really think I wouldn't know the moment you took a bite of that fruit?"

I gaped at him confused.

"At first I thought you were just a human girl that Thor had some frivolous infatuation with. But then we talked and I could tell what you were."

"How could you tell?" I felt my heart racing.

"I couldn't read your thoughts." He smiled, "The fact that you're Ullr's daughter means nothing, what you do with the knowledge of who you are is what I'll judge you on."

"What am I?"

"You are a Goddess. Ullr cloaked you well."

I gaped at him, "What? Isn't my mother a human?"

"Your mother was Nanna, she decided to leave Asgard to live as a human after her husband Baldur was killed."

His voice cracked a little as he said it. I remember reading somewhere that Baldur was a favourite son who was killed by some plan Loki had... I can't believe what he's saying to me... The thoughts are rackling in my head.

"That's probably why my father found her and had me."

"That may be..." Odin sighed, "Since she relinquished her powers, you didn't develop any until now after eating the fruit. I thought she would be happy if we just left her alone, and I never checked up on her after she left Asgard."

"I haven't actually seen her since I was five."

"But what are her powers?" Renee was getting impatient, "How can Ullr use her to retake the throne?"

Odin just raised a tentative brow at her.

"Kaylee has the power of clairvoyance which is why she has always been seeking answers before," he smiled at me, "you're also a huntress which means you can track down anyone, and should be able to become an excellent warrior."

"Warrior?" I furrowed my brows at him, "I've never even been a physical fight."

He chuckled, "Well my dear you can learn, you also have the power of light, that's why your body glowed when you ate the fruit."

"Tell me she won't glow again, 'cause that was creepy."

"Ren!" I glared at her, "Can you please?"

"Sorry." She frowned and held her hand to her lips.

"Why would Ullr think that he could use my powers being activated as a means of taking the throne?"

Odin heaved, "It's never easy to understand Ullr's motives. He probably thinks that he could use your powers somehow to start a revolution."

"Are they still people in Asgard who are loyal to him?" Renee asked finally saying something that actually made sense.

"I believe so," Odin growled, "there are those who would follow him if he returned."

I looked over to Thor wondering if we should tell Odin that my father had already showed up before.

Thor rubbed his chin deep in thought, "I-"

"Greetings!"

Loki appeared interrupting Thor before he could speak.

Renee raised a brow at him. "Why are you here?"

"I'm here to see the young Goddess, of course." He said nonchalant, "I must say I didn't expect that you'd be Nanna's daughter. Ullr is even more devious than I gave him credit for."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Are you going to make a point any time soon?"

He smirked at me as I glared at him.

"Ooo! I could almost shudder from the amount of energy you're giving off." He leaned in close, "It's a pity you aren't anything like Ullr, this could have been so much more fun."

"Enough!" Odin grabbed him by his arm, "Why must you always be stirring something up?"

He looked at Renee who was fuming before taking a seat against the wall.

Thor shook his head, "Father, can I talk to you in private?"

Odin nodded and they left the room.

Sjofn came back and gave me something to drink before telling everyone they should go and let me rest a bit.

"Are you okay?" Renee rubbed my shoulder, "If you need anything just send for me, alright?"

"Sure." I smiled at her.

...............................................

Renee:

"Loki!"

He stopped and looked back at me.

"What's your deal? What else are you hiding?"

"Two questions?" He smirked at me coming closer. "I was just having fun with the girl, and I am NOT hiding anything else about her."

I raised skeptical a brow at him, "Oh right."

"I'm serious, I've told you everything I knew about her," he folded his arms, "I just think she's a mystery."

"You shouldn't provoke her," I heaved, "especially not now that she's just gotten her powers, what if she had freaked out and hurt you, or worse hurt herself?"

"Oh?" He grinned, "You actually care if I get hurt?"

I scoffed, "Look! When you see Kaylee, leave her alone unless you actually have something of value to say to her."

"Deflecting are we?" He came even closer to me, "I'm not intrigued by many things, but you and your friends are a very exciting bunch."

"I don't care what you're intrigued by, Loki. I think you should stop being a nuisance."

He chuckled, "Okay, truce?"

I furrowed my brows, I'm confused. Does he actually want a truce?

"Okay, I'll consider a truce, if you stop being an annoyance and actually help us figure this out, I know you know more than you're letting on, and if you're really serious about this "truce", you'd tell me."

He gaped at me. "Now you're negotiating? I really don't know much more." He shrugged.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't have time for games Loki!"

He grabbed my arms. "I'm not playing games."

I gaped at him, why is he touching me. This guy really needs to learn about personal space.

He smirked at me with that all-knowing, devious grin of his and kissed me hard on the lips.

I pulled away. "What the hell Loki?"

He smirked, "Catch ya later, love!"

He waved as he vanished.

"Ugh!" This is so annoying!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56K 1.2K 33
From the world of Marvel's 'Thor'! Lady Sigyn of Asgard grew up with Thor and Loki, close with both of the brothers, but especially the youngest... B...
951 348 51
Can you really control your fate? - Kiah White, a quiet sixteen-year-old from California, doesn't want any trouble. But after an accident that almost...
106K 4.8K 22
The internationally bestselling, upper YA Fantasy series. Featured in USA Today. Kristia Tostenson prefers Earl Grey to Grey Goose and book clubs to...
927 57 17
Freya finally manages to escape Thanos' tortures and lands in the royal gardens of Asgard, where Frigga and Loki save her life. She is allowed to sta...