Legends - A Devil's Daughters...

By MaraReitsma

Time had no meaning for them. Past, present and future; here and now. They were always waiting, always watchi... More

The Warrior
Beasts On The Horizon- Part One
Beasts On The Horizon- Part Two
Matters Of The Pack
Not Your Average Teddy Bear
A Marketplace For Everything
What Hides In The Dark
Space
Sweet Summer Nights
Decisions, Decisions
Secrets
Shattered Visions
Escapes
Unveiled
Chaos
Story Time
Chaos
The Null
Rage
Close Encounters
Questioning Order
Marena
Family
Connections
A Look Ahead... A Sneaky Peak at Book Two...

Unsettling Returns

20 2 0
By MaraReitsma

Navina couldn't believe what she was seeing on the screen before her. It was Kember alright, sneaking in to the shuttle bay and boarding the shuttle, but it wasn't just Kember, she was looking at.
"Who is that?" Lync inquired, but as Kion and he discussed it further, she seemed to zone out on the face of the female who accompanied her friend.
Hair in shades of red and white, skin like that of a doll, and her eyes, so green, just like her own. She had never before seen such a female, the way she moved with elegance and grace, and that long green cloak that hung down from her shoulders... breath taking, to say the least. But who was she? And what, was she doing with Kember?"
"No one remembers seeing her on board, Sir, but if you remember the banner that flew across our screen a month ago?" One of the males let out,"Something about The Void?"
"It was rubbish, Akine! Some group of sociopaths who had nothing better to do than spread the word that the Gods were coming! 'The war is upon us, and only the Gods can save us now....' Come on, you really think that three females are going to rush in and save the day?" Kion did not look impressed, but then, he didn't look to innocent, either.
Instant denial, paired with the shifty eyes and the way he swayed from foot to foot; sure, she could chalk it up to Kember's sudden departure, but come on, the male was screaming 'Liar!' He had to know something, and was either too afraid, or under orders not to say anything.
"It spoke of their appearance, Sir..." Akine started again, and Navina was most interested to hear him speak, but Kion, not so much.
"And that makes you think that this female here..." He cut in, pointing at the frozen image on the screen, "... is one of the Gods?"
"Well not me, Sir! But some of the crew, they believe the tales they hear off world!"
"So tell me then, what are these tales they speak of?" Kion inquired, his detective self taking over, with his arms crossed over his chest and one brow cocked. "Tell me a story, Akine!"
"I..." The male started, his face flushed and his breathing, rapid. "I don't..."
"You don't what? Navina hear tells stories too, perhaps she knows of these, Gods?" He grinned, turning to face her.
"I could call up Darnik, Sir! He knows the mall!"
"I suggest you do that!" Kion let out, and watched as the male left the room.
Navina stared at all the monitors that lined the wall, the flashing lights and the shimmering screens. It wasn't every day, that she got to see the entire gut of a ship from one room, and then she saw it, or rather, her.
"What the hell?" She let out, watching the live feed that was playing from the camera outside her room.
There was a female, in fact, it was Dr. Terran, and she was unlocking the door to Navina's room.
"Shit!" She added, and took off from the room.
"Vina?" She heard Lync calling after her, but her mind was set on one thing, and one thing alone; getting to that room.
What the hell was that female doing? Why was she on board this ship?Why was she in Navina's room?
"Vina?" She heard Lync call again as she turned the corner, almost taking out one of the 'Extras' that was heading towards the computer lab.
She couldn't stop though, not when she had so many questions for the good doctor; like,what the hell was she supposed to remember?
Down another passageway and around a few more corners, and she came face to face with an open door, the light from inside shining through. It was her door, her room...
"Shit!" She heard come from inside the room, and her heart started to beat even faster.
She was still in there, and she was....
"Fuck me, this shit stings!"
She was, injured?
It was now or never, as Lync was coming down the hall behind her. Navina raced into the room, as if something had been calling to her, "What the hell are you doing here?" She blurted out, coming to a sudden stop at the end of the counter.
Before her, was Dr. Terran, but she no longer looked like a doctor; more like a super secret operative of the underworld.
"You have... no idea, how close to the truth...you are!" The female tried to laugh, but the sudden twitch of her hand, and the needle she held...
"Are you stitching it yourself" Navina had no idea why she'd even asked, but the words still fell from her lips, and her body seemed to carry her forward.
"Not... such a good... job...' She managed to get out, her handshaking like a leaf on the wind. "Vial... black box..."
As if she knew exactly what she needed, Navina made her way to the little black box the female had given her earlier, and with vial in hand, hurried back to her; but, the room filled with a thick black smoke, and the feel of death was upon her.
"Mia?" The voice boomed, though Navina could not see anyone, nor could she seethe door, or the view screen; but she felt the prick as the vial shattered in her hand, and the glass dug in to her skin.
A moment later, and the figure appeared before her. A male so tall, so large, and so dark. His eyes were like diamonds glistening in the flames, and the markings on his neck and bare chest as he threw his tatter trench coat to the side... "Oh, fuck me sideways! Mia?" H egrowled again as he rushed to her side, and lifted her into his arms."Let's get you home, my mate!" He cooed into her ear, and then spun his gaze upon Navina. "Boo!" He let out with a grin, and then he and the doctor he had called Mia, vanished before her eyes.
"Vina?" Lync called from the door way, and she spun to face him. "Vina? Oh Gods, your hand..." He muttered, staring at her as the smoke cleared. "What happened?" He added, rushing towards her as the male had rushed towards the doctor only moments before.
She looked down at her hand at the vial that was meant for the female; the vial, that lay crushed and leaking all over her bloodied hand. "Recording..." She managed to get out, before the world went dark, and she felt her mind drifting away.

Of all the days to be celebrated, this was the one that would draw the most attention. This one, would be the day of days to remember, this day, was the day their daughters were born. Not two, as had beenf oretold, but three; an added blessing in disguise.
It was a joyous day for those who had called this verse their home, reigning from their thrones a midst the stars, for now their line could continue in its purest form. Children a plenty, but none like these three, born of light and darkness, they would rise and bring balance to all around them. They were the children of the Gods themselves, destined to rule in their stead, and from the moment of their birth, their paths had been laid out for them; their hopes, their dreams, and their loves.
The first was born with hair like her mother, flashes of white mixed with the sweet tinges of blood red; and eyes the color of emeralds. They called her Madrina, and though she did not know it, the Angel, Nissa, was meant to be hers. She was destined to be a leader, to maintain the order a midst the chaos, and hold a firm hand of justice over all.
The second was born with blood red hair, though the will of her father ran through her veins, as too did his dark, black streaks that seemed to shimmer in her eyes. She had the will and ways to walk that fine line between light and dark,the perfect combination of her mother and father, and to her, they would give a male with sky blue eyes, long dark hair, and a wicked hunger that only she could ease. They called her, Zahara, and she would hold the three of them together.
The third to be born beneath the darkened skies of old, with bone white patches, nestled amidst a dark mass of locks, and amethyst colored eyes, just like her fathers... But that was not all she had inherited from the Lord of Darkness. His blood ran thickest through her veins, his need for battle captivating her own senses, honing them, almost teasing them.
She was the darkest of the three, the one they said would hunt in the shadows, and bring forth the monsters to the light. She was just like him, and she would suffer just the same; a love lost, and then renewed in the eyes and the heart of another, and a passion so fierce, it could crumble the mountains and enrage the seas. Such a force needed one of its own to contain the wrath that spun wild inside her mind; not just one, but perhaps two, for a child as dark as Euphamia...
Euphamia, the purples eyes.... Mia!

"Euphamia!" She shouted as she shot up in the bed. "Fuck!" She added, feeling the waves crash about in her head.
"Whoa now! Easy there, Vina!" His voice sounded so distant, and yet, when she opened her eyes, he was right there in front of her.
"Lync?" She gasped, as if suddenly emerging from the deep.
"Breathe, Vina! Breath, Baby!" He cooed into her ear.
"Where am I?" She choked out again, and felt his fingers running through her hair, holding her close as his lips touched her forehead."Lync?"
"On the ship, Vina! It's okay, you're on the ship!"
"No, it's not okay! I don't think we're going to be fine, at all!" She let out, her eyes darting about the room. "Where is the female? Where is Euphamia?"
"Who?" He replied, looking just as confused as she felt.
Another image flashed past her eyes, the need for answers, growing within her. It was the female again, though she was not hurt, and she was speaking with...
"Where, is Kion?" She blurted out as she rose from the bed,fighting against Lync for the freedom to move about.
"Just relax!" He told her, "Calm down, and take a few breaths, maybe, tell me who the hell Euphamia is?"
"The doctor!" She spat out, still struggling against him. "The one you said wasn't real!"
"She wasn't real! Honest, Vina! No one knew of her, there were no records that she had even been there..."
"She was here, Lync! In this room, just before the world went black! And she was injured, a male by her side..."
"You took off! You wouldn't stop, and by the time I got to your room, and turned the lights on..." Lync was so worried, she could see it in his eyes.
"The lights were off?"
But they had been on when she entered the room...
Again the image of the female and Kion, flashed before her eyes. "He's hiding something, Lync! He knows way more..."
Voices? She could hear, voices? But where were they coming from?
"Who else is here?" She shouted out, "Let me go, Lync! I'm fine!"
"I just peeled you off the floor less than twenty minutes ago..."
"She was here!"
"Who was here?" He asked again, biting his lip as he fought the urge to yell.
Lync, did not do well with anger; especially, when Navina was involved. Anyone else, and he would have snapped by now, but not her. She was his mate, his everything, and he was hers; and the fact that he was not only angry, but worried too...
"I need to see Kion!" She told him again. "I seen him with her!"
"For the love of the Gods, Vina, who?"
"Euphamia!"
"The doctor?"
"Yes!"
"Fuck me!"
"So, not the time, my love!" She sighed, "Though there is nothing I would rather do, more than rip your clothes off right now, but I'm afraid if you don't let me go, I might rip your face off too!"
Okay, so she had hit top notch on the Bitch-O-Meter!
"We have to find Kember, and that bastard knows more than he's telling us!" Navina eyed him, "For all we know, he could have sent her out there..."
"Then why is he mounting a rescue mission?" Lync glared back at her, letting go of her arms, one by one. "Go! See for yourself!"
Shit! She had seen that look before, and the sound in his voice, she had won. She hated it when she won, for that meant he had given up the fight. She never would have won on her own,he was faster, stronger, more focused than she was...
Dammit! The guilt was already welling inside of her, until the next image hit.
"I have to go!" She told Lync, closing her eyes tight. "This is more than just a vision, I feel as if I actually have to be there; like before!"
"But you haven't... Not in years!"
He was right, it had been a good ten years since last she'd felt the pull, so why now? What had changed? Had the Order revoked their ruling? Was she to be given back, all, of her abilities?
"I have to go, and I would prefer you beside me!"She looked up at him, "I have to know, Lync!"
He stood back, closed his eyes and held his arm out, pointing the way to the door. "As you wish!" He replied, and waited for her to get off of the bed.
She hurried to find some clothes, and donning a pair of black leggings, and a tank top she'd found in the closet... she was hit with another vision as the cloth slipped over her chest.

Skin tight pants, and a trench coat that fell to her ankles,with wicked buckled boots, and a hidden stash of blades, the female named Euphamia, stood before him, ready for battle.
'You have no idea what we shall face this night, my love!' She spoke to him,her amethyst colored eyes gazing into his, and those tribal markings on his neck lit up.
'Then we shall face the wrath of chaos together, and show the worlds what it means to dance with the darkness!'

"Vina?" Lync was standing before her, his hands holding her arms as she leaned against his chest.
"I'm alright!" She told him, "But... I think this is her room!"
"Who's room?"
"Mia's!" She replied, and took a few deep breaths.
She could still feel the heat as she stood next to Lync, but it was not her male who had elicited the fire that burned, nor was it she who had embraced the flame. This was her room, these were her clothes, and somehow, Navina was feeling her vibe, everywhere.
"Mia?" The poor male was trying to keep up, his concern written all over his face.
"Euphamia! The doctor, whatever you want to call her, the female with the purple eyes, this is her room!"
"On Kion's ship? You know how crazy that sounds?"
There had to be proof, there had to be some evidence that she had been here, and then she found it. The pictures on the mantle above the fireplace, there were various people in each, but there was one with three females in it, and three males standing behind them. Why had she not seen it before? One with hair of black and red, and behind her, a male with long brown hair and deep blue eyes. One with hair of red and white, and Angel behind her, his arm around her shoulders, and the third, with hair of black and white, with eyes of purple; and behind her...
Shit, it was the male she had seen,the one who picked her up and vanished with her in his arms; and the doctor too; Euphamia, though in the picture she was clad in a long purple gown, her hair pulled back, and a fierce grin on her face.
"It's her!" She blurted out, pulling the frame from its spo tbeside the others, and thrusting it towards him. "It's, all of them!"
"All of who?" Lync inquired as he took the picture from her. "Wait, that's the female from the live feed..."
"Her name, is Madrina! She is one of the three sisters, one of the Devil's daughters."
"The Devil?" Lync cocked a brow in her direction.
"Devil, Lord of Darkness, Eroch of The Void. It's all the same person, thing, God! Dammit, whatever they are..."
"These are his daughters?" Lync questioned again.
"Zahara, Madrina, and Euphamia!" She replied,pointing to each one. "The day of their birth was rejoiced throughout the known verse."
"The what?" Lync was so totally confused, and it was only going to get worse.
"What lies between Sanctuary and The Void!"
"How do you know all this, Vina?" He was worried again.
Well not again, but still.
"I don't know! I just, know!" She sighed, "But Kion knows!" She turned back to face her mate, "He knows way more than he is telling us!"

***

"Where is your Commanding Officer?" Her words were tainted with hate.
She hated not knowing. She hated liars. She hated, that Kember was back on Pentar, looking for a stupid book; and all, because of a Kalvashian male, who she wished, stood before her. Instead, she got one of his 'Extras' and he was practically useless.
"I suggest you call him, my friend." Lync cut in, "She only plays nice with friendlies!"
"What is a friendly?" The male piped out, literally, shaking in his black suit and boots.
"Someone, who gives me what I want! And I want Kion!" She shouted, and the male all but fell back against the console. "Where, the fuck, is he?"
"What is all this commotion?" His voice filled the room, and the rage, filled Navina.
She flew at him, every muscle tightening as her arm flew out, and her fingers wrapped around his throat. "You, have been lying to us!" She snarled at him, as she pinned him against the wall of buttons and gizmos.
"What.. do... you..." He was trying to say, but her grip was too tight, and she was so, not letting go.
"Where is Kember going? And why did, you, send her there?"
"I... don't..."
"Let him go, Vina!" She heard Lync call to her, but his words sounded so distant. "Navina!" He  shouted, and she shook her head, feeling the sizzle run through her.
This was right where she had to be, but why? What was so important, that she be here? With him, of all people? He was a liar, and she wanted answers; bad.
"I know there is more, Kion! I know that you lied to us! What I can't figure out, is why? Why did you send Kember out there? Why did you lie when you saw the female with Kember in the shuttle bay? You did know her, didn't you? Her, and her sister, that happens to share a room on board your ship!"
"I... can't..."
"You lied to us, Kion! You said you'd never seen her before in your life, and yet, low and behold, there is a picture of them, in my room, above the fireplace. Why, would you lie, Kion? WHY?" She shouted again, her grip growing ever tighter. "You know fine well who Madrina is, don't you? And Euphamia too?"
"Please... stop..."
"Please? Stop? Did you stop to think for a second, that maybe sending Kember back into a dead zone,wasn't such a good idea? That maybe, she could get killed?"
"Vina? Let him go!" Lync called out to her again, his hand on her shoulder, but she turned her head towards him, and let out a growl.
"If she dies, so does he, and so help the Gods if you stand in my way!" She lashed out at him, the anger burning deep within her as she turned back to face Kion. "I will kill you, where you stand, and there is nothing in this Verse that will bring you back from where I send you..."
Everything was circling around her, the darkened walls, the shadows themselves, feeding, not her anger, but the fear that dwelt inside her.
"Navina, stop!" The voice filled the room, and she all but froze as the tingles shot down her back. "Let him go!"
What the hell was this? She, was here?Again?
"I said let him go child!" The female spoke, and the long blonde hair whipped past Navina's face.
It was the warrior, here in the flesh, and neither she, nor Lync, could move.
"His death will only hinder what needs to come!"
"He sent her back there, and for what?"
"Because I told him too!" And she too, appeared before them, the female with the purple eyes, and Navina, felt numb.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 1.3K 54
Rosa dying was pretty much a given. It was always going to happen-but the how had always been uncertain. Would her ex-lover decide she'd lived long...
148K 5.6K 47
Books 1& 2 of The Reckoning For thousands of years Lucifer has been waiting to rule humanity. When he finally discovers the sign that his time is nig...
42 1 8
Nineteen year old Anna Preston appears to lead a life typical for a young woman in modern-day America. But she has a secret. For the past three yea...
570 83 23
Legends are myths, fables, stories passed down for years and years, from one generation to the next. They are not real, they do not walk and talk, an...