A Thousand Encounters

By LettingYouIn

He, Disciplined! She, a beautiful chaos! He, Stalwart! She, a wanderer! He, a soldier! Sh... More

Introduction
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter-19
Chapter-20
Chapter-21
Chapter-22
Chapter-23
Chapter-24
Chapter- 25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter- 48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Hola
Chapter-56
Hello there!!
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-59
Chapter - 60
Chapter- 61
Chapter-62
Chapter-63
Chapter-64
Chapter - 65
Chapter-66
Chapter-67
Author's Note

Chapter-13

4.6K 484 62
By LettingYouIn

"Where's Nandini?" Asked Madhav seeing Manik back in hotel.

"She must be with Vivaan," Manik answered and then crashed in chair with a frown. 

Daadu gave him a 'What happened' look and Manik shook his head. Closing his eyes and he sighed due to tiredness. 

"I think I'll just go and have a nap," Manik told everyone rubbing his neck. He did look disoriented and low. Almost everyone noticed that. Saying that he left for his room while everyone else shared some wondering glances. 

"Should I go and check?" Mrs Singh asked getting up. 

"Sahiba," Colonel held her hand and said, "He must be tired. Nothing to worry about."

Throwing the shoes somewhere in room, he did all the curtains and then took off the windcheater hastily. 

"I don't know why this is so hot," Saying this he tried to find remote to AC. Pressing the power button, he tried to turn that on but it didn't start. 

"Why the hell they even fit them in rooms when there's no power in them?" He yelled and then crashed on bed. Digging his face in pillow, he tried to cover his head with arms. 

___________________

Nandini walked to the hotel with almost dead Vivaan as he was hardly walking. She asked receptionist where Murthy's were staying and she gave her address to their suite. She walked towards lift leaving a snail speed Vivaan behind and pressed the top floor. Apparently, everything was suffocating around. She could feel an unrest in her heart but she was too adamant to even acknowledge that. Lift pinged and she walked towards penthouse. 

"There you are," Her mother exclaimed as she opened the door for Nandini. She walked in with straight face and then crashed into soft couch. Throwing her muffler somewhere, she gulped the water. 

"Where's Manik?" She asked as next thing.

"He is asleep," Her mother answered and then added, "I have ordered the food for you. Have it and then rest a bit before we leave for estate." Saying that she walked to her room. 

"What happened, Nandini?" Daadu asked as soon as living room was empty and those two were left alone. 

"Nothing, Daadu," She said and rested her head on couch and closed her eyes. 

"You and Manik, something happened?" He again asked and Nandini opened her eyes lazily. 

"What would happen between us?" She answered casually and then smiled at Daadu. 

"Then why he was looking so disoriented when he came back?" Daadu asked seriously and Nandini shot him a 'How would I know' glare. 

"He is a drama-queen. Would that put a stop on your interrogation?" She asked frustrated and then got up.

"I am not his PA," She stated irked and walked to her room. 

Daadu watched her storming towards her room and sighed. 

"It's starting," He mumbled under his mustache and grabbed the snacks from table. 

__________________________

"Where's Manik? He didn't even come for evening tea," Said Madhav and looked at Mrs Singh. 

Nandini who was sitting quietly yet a little mad inside stopped playing with her fork as she heard parents talking about him. 

"He said he isn't feeling like having anything so..," Sahiba answered being a little uncertain and then looked at Colonel. 

"Trekking I think," Colonel told Madhav and then got busy with his food. 

"These youngsters I tell you," Madhav mumbled as he too seemed to leave the topic. 

Nandini who by then was already quite irked with not so interesting topic bade good night to everyone and left for her room.

It was late evening when they all had come back to estate. Manik didn't talk to her. He didn't even look at her. He chose to travel in separate car. Nandini was irked already with tantrum king. She had no intention to fret over it so she retired to her bed and soon drifted to sleep. 

___________

Manik opened the door as there were continuous knocks on door. It was almost midnight. As he adjusted to darkness around, he saw a panting Daadu standing outside his room with a bottle of wine. 

"Have you seen the time?" Manik asked a bit frustrated.

"What have gotten into you?" Daadu asked as he walked in. 

Settling in couch, he opened the 'Domenico' and looked proudly at Manik. 

"One of last of my favorite lots," He told and then poured it in glasses.

"And you are planning to share it with me?" Manik asked a bit amused. 

"Well, yes," Daadu exclaimed and then added, "For the love of army."

Saying that he raised a toast. Manik took the glass and joined him. 

"So, what was keeping you awake?" Manik asked taking a sip. 

"You," Daadu replied and paid a quick glance to Manik. 

"What's wrong, Manik?" He asked and then leaned back on sofa comfortably. 

Manik's sighs touched his ears and he looked at a fidgety Manik. He was playing with glass in hand and was drowned in some thought. 

"You can tell me," Daadu assured and Manik chuckled. 

"Says who," He taunted and then shook head. 

"Grandfather of the devil," He mocked and then chuckled. 

"So I was right," Daadu said and smiled in triumph. 

"It is about Nandini," He cleared as Manik gave him 'I don't get you' glance. 

"Who is she?" Manik mumbled and gulped the entire glass in one go. 

"A no one," He himself answered. 

"A friend maybe," Daadu gave his input. 

Manik's eyes shot up to meet Daadu's gaze. 

"A friend?" Manik asked almost mockingly. 

"I am her favorite toy," He answered and again chuckled. 

"Explain," Daadu commanded and refilled the glasses. 

Manik looked at him and again shook his head. 

"What happened at camp, Manik?" Daadu asked sternly. 

Manik looked at him nervously trying to utter something and then he told.

Few hours back

Manik didn't sleep at all after he had come back after meeting Nandini. His own thoughts were creating a ruckus inside him. He didn't want to have nightmares. he didn't want to think about her. It was beyond his comprehension how he was puppet of her hands from past few days. She being the ultimate chaos entered his life like a sandstorm and since then he was just swirling around her like a piece of torn paper. 

Morning brought headache and a runny nose, he walked out and saw her giggling with Vivaan. His heart again panged. He didn't know why and he didn't wanna think about why. He had no plans to stick around her anymore. She was taking away his sanity. 

She waved at him and he just ignored. He looked away. She again got busy in chirping around. And it pinched bad again. 

Throughout the trek to the peak, he was around. He didn't feel like competing then. It was one of those gloomy days when you just wanna ask why you even exist. 

________________

"That sounds like prologue," Daadu remarked as Manik paused and demanded another shot. 

"Now get to the point," He added and Manik looked almost pale. 

Flashback continues

Vivaan was getting quite courageous that's what Manik deduced when he saw him gluing to Nandini. It looked like he was taking all his chances finally. He tried to pick up Nandini for 3rd time since trek had started. Nandini had denied his help twice before but Vivaan was being a complete opportunist so whenever she halted due to tiredness, he tried his luck. 

"Can't you get it she doesn't need your help?" Manik yelled turning around. 

Vivaan flinched away a bit as he didn't expect to get a roar from Manik

Nandini smirked a bit as finally Manik had uttered a word. He was just so quiet since morning. 

"No, I was actually thinking if you could give me a piggy ride," Nandini said smirking a bit and looked at Vivaan

Vivaan literally lit up like a bulb and pounced to grab her. 

Manik just kept killing his knuckles as they walked by him. According to him, it did look like monkey giving ride to a hell cat. He tried to laugh on his own jokes But none was enough funny. 

_________________

"What's the point?" Daadu asked yet again trying to understand Manik's sad story. 

"Can't you see it?" Manik asked all irked. 

"What's new she did to you that you are a sad puppy?" Daadu asked and shrugged. 

"You are supposed to extract some deep meaning from it. You are old man and you should know it," Manik instigated Daadu.

"It's a stupid story. How I am supposed to get anything," Daadu ridiculed and filled the glasses. 

"So you don't wanna listen? Fine," Manik threw a tantrum and then sat with a frown. 

"Go on," Daadu said.

_________________

Flashback continues

"Why are you fuming since morning?" Nandini asked as she joined him near water point. 

Manik didn't reply but kept filling his sipper. 

"I mean, it's third time you have lashed on Vivaan," Nandini tried to talk. 

"Can't you see he is a pervert?" Manik asked shouting. 

"Excuse me?" Nandini stated and then got busy washing her sipper. 

"He is trying to get all touchy with you and you are allowing it," Manik said and then felt a lot better.

"That's how you think of it?" Nandini asked furiously. 

"Yes, you are allowing it, Nandini Murthy," He spatted. 

"You think so cheap, Manik," She retaliated.

"Wow, I think cheap? And what's that Vivaan doing?" Manik said throwing the sipper on ground. 

"Why are you so stuck on Vivaan?" Nandini asked angrily. 

"I am not," He replied and then picked up his sipper. 

"I don't care," He added. 

"Then what's the problem, Manik?" Nandini asked trying to conceal her frustration. 

"I don't have any problem. You go and entertain your special friend," He taunted and tried to get away. 

Nandini grabbed him from arm and dragged back. 

"Stop taunting me. You are no one to do that. Understand?" She warned and then walked away angrily. 

Flashback ends
__________________________

"I mean, she just can't use me and throw away," Manik cribbed. 

"I am not a toy," He added and then frowned. 

"Now you tell me how can she talk to me like that?" He asked Daadu and looked at him. 

Daadu was snoring a bit as he fell asleep listening to Manik's ever so tragic tale. 

"How can you sleep?" Manik exclaimed in disbelief. 

"FINE," He got up and then tried to broaden his shoulder, "I need no man...or woman."

"I am enough," He said and gulped the remaining of bottle in one go. Walking back to bed, he crashed on it.

_________________________

Running with horses near stable, Manik threw his shirt somewhere as sweat made it all gross. He ran along with a horse as young horse frolicked around. He got up early in morning. Even wine hadn't helped. He came to stable to divert his mind. Going back to stable after a good run, he took a trained horse to ride on. Riding on it, he pulled his reign and horse paced. Leaving all the known territory behind, he lead the horse somewhere distant. 

After a minute or two, he heard footsteps of one more horse. He looked back and saw Nandini riding towards him. She was dressed for riding and hat on head gave her a proper countryside look. Manik kept looking at her but then her smile wiped away the adoration from his face. He frowned and looked ahead. Nandini joined him and wished a good morning. He didn't pay heed and paced the horse more. Fidgeting with reign and desperate orders, Manik tried to control horse. Horse neighed to show his displeasure. 

"Typical Manik Malhotra," Nandini mumbled a she saw him struggling with Horse. 

She paced her horse and joined him.

"You need a lot of training cadet," She said and Manik glared her. 

"You need to understand this animal to control him," She said enlightening him. 

"Horse don't like bullying," She concluded. 

"Did I ask for your advice?" Manik said rudely and then rode towards a deserted wooden hut. They were far away from posh part of estate. Estate was of acres but now they were in more of untouched part of it. 

He got down and walked to a barrel. Washing his bare body with water, he splashed some of water on his face. Nandini stopped by and got down. 

She walked to him but he turned around to leave as soon as she reached him. 

He was back to the horse. He started to pat the horse. Nandini smiled and walked to him. 

"They are such a lovely species," Nandini said as she saw Manik patting the horse.

"And you know if you can make them feel loved, believe me they are easiest to control," she said and ruffled the horse's mane. 

Manik again looked away and sighed deeply. He puffed aloud and then turned to leave. Nandini wasn't a fool not to notice his weird behavior. She just thought he was off due to some reasons and would come around. She held his wrist as he tried to leave. 

"What's wrong, Manik?" She asked offhand. 

He didn't answer but twisted his wrist to get rid of Nandini's grip.

"You know you are irritating me with your weird behavior," Nandini said angrily and walked behind him.

"If my prank the other night made you mad, I am so...," She said but before she could complete, he grabbed her from shoulder and pressed to the wall besides.

She looked shocked and a bit taken aback.

"Sorry isn't enough," He said angrily.

"I am not your toy with whom you would play according to your mood and then leave," He added furiously.

"You are being unreasonable, Manik," Nandini mumbled sternly.

"I am being unreasonable?" He ridiculed and chuckled hysterically.

"You have turned my life into a hell and you say I am being unreasonable," He added.

Nandini furrowed her brows at such accusation.

"You, the fun seeker, are only subject of my mind in all my sanity and beyond," He said clutching her arms.

"You are hurting me, Manik," Nandini said gritting her teeth.

"I never crossed my limit so stop accusing me," She retorted.

"Wow," Manik mocked and then left her with a jerk, "You have invaded my mind and you say you never crossed your limit. Do you get that, Nandini Murthy?"

She shuddered a bit at his volume.

"Stop shouting like that," She asked sharply.

"I thought we both are having some fun," She said and added, "Am I being a cry baby over things you do?"

Manik yanked her closer and stood like a fuming bull for seconds. She didn't look away or flinched a bit. She looked back at him without an ounce of fear.

"Stay away from me. I don't want you near me," He said in her ear and then left her with a jerk.

Her eyes were raging by then as he left her with such a force. She kept looking at him as he fumed in his own fire. She looked down and then he saw some moist in her eyes as she looked back at him. He could tell she was going to drop a bomb.

"Fine, Cadet," She started, "Now that's a promise." And she concluded.

She walked away. He kept standing there like a lost bull and she rode her horse away.

"I don't wanna be here anymore," He mumbled and his fingers went through his wet hair. He was beyond his own understanding.

Saying this he too rode his horse back to estate.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

464 92 42
A Rollercoaster Of Love!
45.4K 788 19
𝙰 πšŒπš‘πš’πš•πšπš‘πš˜πš˜πš πš‹πšŽπšœπšπšπš›πš’πšŽπš—πš 𝚝𝚘 𝚊 πšŸπšŽπš›πš’ πšœπš™πšŽπšŒπš’πšŠπš• πšπš›πš’πšŽπš—πš πšπš‘πšŠπš,𝚒𝚘𝚞 πš πš’πš•πš• πš•πš˜πšŸπšŽ πš πš’πšπš‘ πš πš‘πš˜...
2.6K 61 13
Two best friends on a roller coaster of emotions
233K 5.9K 111
Just read