Sealed with A Curse ✔️

By ImperfectGal7102

Typical good girl, Delilah, and typical bad boy, Diego, meet at unexpected events where they have to help eac... More

Prologue
1 : The Big Oak Tree
2 : Criminal Neighbour
3 : Summer Funk Party
4 : Embarrasment
5 : New Home
6 : Drunk with drugs ?
7 : Hangover And A Wallet
8 : Name Of The Deceased?
9 : Proposal
10: Disappeared
11: Meningioma
12: Wedding Spies
13: Secret messages
15: Drunk
16: "Then Come Reside On My Left Side"
17: Headache
18: Forgiveness
Author's note
Covers

14: Henna

475 21 2
By ImperfectGal7102

~~Delilah's POV~~

After reading that last message, I frantically pulled out my phone and called Inder. I sat there nervously waiting for him to answer but it went straight to voicemail. I didn't give up, so I tried again, and it happened again.

I needed to tell him the truth.

I dropped my phone on the floor helplessly and exhaled loudly. I took the scattered cards and slowly read them one by one, wondering why the 'ignorant me' couldn't notice the small secret messages.

I got up and went over to the balcony, hoping for Diego to burst into the doors like he always did when I was alone.

But he didn't.

~~Diego's POV~~

I was still running away from the angry policemen in the jeep with my hands grating against the sharp metal of the handcuffs but I didn't care, I just ran to get to the hospital's number.

Luckily, there were  low balconies on the apartment block so I jumped on each railing, one by one, till I landed, rolling on the hard cement of the rooftop. I skipped away from the beer bottles and grabbed my phone and saw 2 missed calls from Delilah.

And by that I knew she was discharged and that she went to the library, she never cared about her disease, she just wanted to finish what she started, and that was just one thing what I loved about her.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number. 

No answer.

I huffed. "Now what?" I whispered.

"You tell me." Said the voice. I turned around in shock to see the inspector with crossed hands, his eyes fiery with anger. I looked at him and opened my mouth to say something.

I hesistated. "Please sir, take me to the library. I need to go get her." I looked at his unemotional expression. "I need to go to her and tell her that-"

"To tell her what? Sorry or I love you?" He chuckled mockingly me and tapped me on my shoulder as I stared at him with mixed feelings of gratefulness and confusion.

The inspector looked at his watch and sighed. "Hurry."

I nodded and followed him to the jeep and sat in the front while the inspector drove me as fast as he could to the library while his assistant stared at me from the backseat making me uncomfortable. I got down at the library and ran, catching the last words of the inspector.

"He's on a 10 minute parole. After that he goes back in again and his time starts now."

I ran inside the library and looked around nervously. I ran upstairs, level by level till I heard some sobs and a couple of familiar book scattered. I peeked through the shelf and breathed a sigh of relief when I saw Saru there.

I walked up to her. "Sorry, Delilah. I am late."

I knitted my brows when I saw her crying uncontrollably. "Why are you crying? Are you okay?"

She continued sobbing.

"No... you're not fine. Let's go to the hospital. Come on." She stood her ground but I persuaded her to walk with me down the steps. "Right now. Come. You didn't tell me that you've been discharged."

She sniffed. "Even you didn't tell me that I am your best choice."

I shook my head. "You are my-"

She forced a chuckle. "Now you say I am your best choice. Then why did you let
me marry that Theo?"

I shushed her. "Delilah, you're my best choice, but..." I hesitated. "A criminal like me can't
be your best choice or your dad's."

She touched my shirt. "Diego. You know why life was like this?"

I shook my head. "So that I go not as Delilah Frederickson but as Delilah Paladino!"

I looked at her in surprise. Did she say what I imagined her to say? 

Her eyes teared up again. "Marry me, Diego. Please! You're the only thing good in this cruel world"

Just then I noticed the inspector walking up to us and I pulled Delilah into a protective hug.

"Hey Romeo!" He said as he tapped his watch. "Parole's over. Time's up."

Delilah looked at the inspector then back at me. "Don't go, please!!"

The inspector walked towards us and stared at my handcuffed hands that were wound around her.

He laughed as we both looked at him. He took a key and opened my handcuffs. He took Delilah's hand and dumped the silver handcuffs in her hand. 

"Wedding gift from me."

We nodded at him, trying not to break down in tears thanking him. I led her out of the door and in the next 20 minutes,  Delilah and I were on the floor of the house staring at her decorated hands as she leaned her head into my chest and I felt I have got everything I had ever wanted.

She looked at me and back at her hands. "The henna looks nice, doesn't it?"

I hummed a sound of approval and kissed the top of her head.

She looked at me again, her eyes twinkling. "Should I wear a long dress tomorrow?"

I nodded with a laugh. 

"What are you going to wear?" I shrugged at that question. There was no way I was going to wear a suit.

"Wear something formal." And there it was.

I knitted my brows.

"It's our wedding, our outfits should be coordinated."

I widened my eyes and shook my head.

"What?" She chuckled. "I'm joking."

We enjoyed a few minutes of silence till she inhaled deeply, gaining my attention. "Inder. When I am gone please don't put a wreath on my picture. Just bury me under a beautiful tree in my two yards of space. When someone I love comes to visit me, l'll shower down as flowers on them."

She smiled as she leaned her head back and fell asleep with a smile on her face. 

"You're not going to die, Delilah... Don't you ever say things like that, okay?" I kissed her again again. 

***

______________________________________________________

Dear readers,

What did you think about this chapter? I thought it was quite okay. I'm sorry if it's short, I just didn't want to keep you guys waiting. I'll delete the covers chapter to make the story flow!

QOTD: Will Delilah be Diego's forever or will she turn to a different path?

Anyway, I have school and won't be able to update as often as I did. But I hope you enjoy and I'll try my best to update as soon as I can. See you in the next chapter!

Peace out!

~Imperfect Perfectionist~

__________________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

250 2 57
Two boys, Ben and Zach.....are best friends since childhood. One is kindness, other is mischief. Yet, their naive, innocent, childish yet pure friend...
516 38 17
🦋 Love the one thing that most people crave, live for some might even say breathe for. Everyone has that one person who they long to love, wish to l...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
20.5K 329 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...